PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Moore

NJL52
02-03-2007, 06:40 PM
I just posted in another thread my QB sleeper: Trent Edwards.

I was thinking about some other potential big time players, and I looked towards home.

Miami WR Ryan Moore. HUGE talent, he is a step down from CJ. He suffered from a man that was an idiot at head coach(although I do like Coker as a person, just a bad coach) and 3 bad quarterbacks.

If he performs to his ability(which is a big if, but for some I feel confident he will step it up) he will be a HUGE steal in the late rounds. If we could snag him in hte 5th/6th I will be incredibly happy.

MiamiPride
02-03-2007, 07:04 PM
I do believe there are some character concerns there.

VT Dolphan
02-03-2007, 07:06 PM
I do believe there are some character concerns there.

Yeah, he's definitely a head-case. However, there is no denying that he is a talented player. If we don't draft a wideout earlier, I would have no problem spending a late pick on him.

Alex44
02-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Being a UM fan I can tell you that he isn't worth wasting a pick on.

NJL52
02-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Being a UM fan I can tell you that he isn't worth wasting a pick on.

Being a bigger Cane fan then you(most likely, unless you are Laus himself), a late round pick is more then worth it.

Alex44
02-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Being a bigger Cane fan then you(most likely, unless you are Laus himself), a late round pick is more then worth it.

For a guy that can't get open consistantly or catch the ball when he is open no it's not.

You may say the risk is worth the reward but I can guarantee you the guy will not be successful.

Why waste a pick late round or not. There will be guy that will have a better chance to contribute. He doesnt even belong in the same sentence as Calvin....unless the sentence is

Ryan Moore doesnt belong in the same sentence as Calvin Johnson

of course.

alen1
02-03-2007, 07:39 PM
For a guy that can't get open consistantly or catch the ball when he is open no it's not.

You may say the risk is worth the reward but I can guarantee you the guy will not be successful.

Why waste a pick late round or not. There will be guy that will have a better chance to contribute. He doesnt even belong in the same sentence as Calvin....unless the sentence is

of course.

idk what you are talkn about when you say cant catch the ball when he is open because apparently you did not watch the games that he actually did play in lol. he is a talented kid that has trouble with his character but can fix it. he did good for us vs nevada in the computer bowl game and he showed up last year vs fsu when we lost 10-7.id take him sixth round.

NJL52
02-03-2007, 07:40 PM

of course.

A. Nobody can guarantee anything about a prospect, regardless of what you think.

B. The late rounds arn't for picking guys who will contribute, they are gamble picks. Nobody in the late rounds is picked to fill a void, you are just hoping to get lucky ala Zach Thomas, Marquis Colston. And there isn't a more talented player in the late rounds then Ryan Moore.

C. Freshman year: We thought we had a 3 and done reciever. 700 something yards.
Sophmore year: Injuries, sat out
Junior year: Suffered from horrible quarterback play, bad coaching, injuries and a couple inconvenient dropped passes. Still had 500 yards.
Senior year: Suspended the whole time. Came back and did decent.

He never had problems getting open.................

He had problems having the stars align. Injuries, bad quarterbacks, suspensions all accounted to his lack of production, not lack of ability.

QrtBck13
02-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Trent Edwards who????

Joneal7
02-03-2007, 08:16 PM
the only way id take Moore is either in the 7th or rookie free agent..

mind you Cam Cameron loves the big guys that can jump ..ala Malcolm Floyd, Vincent Jackson

Lab3003
02-03-2007, 08:16 PM

I graduated class of 2005 from the U. Ryan Moore isn't worth toilet paper. I'd rather take a flyer on Lance Leggett.

NJL52
02-03-2007, 08:17 PM
the only way id take Moore is either in the 7th or rookie free agent..

mind you Cam Cameron loves the big guys that can jump ..ala Malcolm Floyd, Vincent Jackson

Good point about Cameron's bias.

Considering Cameron's history, I wouldn't be surprised if we take RM in the 5th/6th(whichever we didn't trade)

NJL52
02-03-2007, 08:20 PM
I graduated class of 2005 from the U. Ryan Moore isn't worth toilet paper. I'd rather take a flyer on Lance Leggett.

So? I go to FAU and I couldn't tell you who the starting quarterback is. Neither the WR, TE, any o linemen, d linemen, OLB, ILB, CB nor safeties.

Not to mention I would have gone to Miami if I had the financial backing, but being that I am pretty broke, I am stuck at FAU.

kashbo
02-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Ryan Moore is a hell of a pick if we draft him in the 4th I bet you all the patriots will make a run on him like they did on Jackson last year in the 3rd

CCMiamiDolphins
02-03-2007, 08:25 PM

Why isnt he worth tiolet paper?

And what was he suspended for anyway?

SQuinn17
02-03-2007, 09:05 PM
ryan moore SUCKS...and on top of that, the guy is scum..theres a reason why he didnt play over half the season.

SQuinn17
02-03-2007, 09:06 PM

he assaulted his girlfriend

CANDolphan
02-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Ryan Moore is a hell of a pick if we draft him in the 4th I bet you all the patriots will make a run on him like they did on Jackson last year in the 3rd

What? The Patriots drafted Chad Jackson at the top of the 2nd round. nowhere near the 3rd, and Ryan Moore MIGHT be worth a 4th round pick if he has a great combine.. thats just how it goes

CCMiamiDolphins
02-04-2007, 04:31 AM
He assaulted his gf? I thought it was like a traffic ticket or something

kpcane
02-04-2007, 10:01 AM

You're serious? I was in a class with him (I'm UM class of '07), and I got to know him pretty well. I was absolutely shocked to hear about what he did this summer, and I could sense some laziness on his part, but he is without a doubt worth a 4th or 5th round pick. First of all, he's huge. Second, he's fast. Third, he makes big plays when they throw him the ball - see MPC bowl.
The most ridiculous part of your post is that you'd rather take alligator arms. That guy is terrible, and I hope he's riding the pine next year behind Shields, Jenkins and Farquharson.

kpcane
02-04-2007, 10:03 AM
ryan moore SUCKS...and on top of that, the guy is scum..theres a reason why he didnt play over half the season.

Yeah I'm sure you know him very well and know his abilities. He wasn't the #1 WR recruit for nothing. But who am I trying to convince? Last year I was being a 'homer' for saying Devin Hester was worth a late round pick.

305TillIDie
02-04-2007, 10:36 AM
yeah, Ryan Moore had issues off the field...but hes a hell of a player on it..i wouldnt mind the Dolphins taking him in the later rounds...hes a big time possession WR that can run good enough routes to get the job done

Geforce
02-04-2007, 11:21 AM

According to a police report Ryan Moore grab one woman by the throat and pushed her to the ground and then threaten another woman.
You can read the story at ESPN.com
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2565403

twix2500
02-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Ryan Moore without his character issues isnt good enough to go first day.

SamTodd
02-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Is this thread a joke? ryan moore, the same guy who had all this hype, the next reggie wayne , santana moss big time play maker wr we are used to at the u? oh wait i seem to remmeber him costing us drives dropping key passes, off the field issues etc etc. NO thanks. Sure bring him in as UDFA tho. we already got bunch of WR's with potential that need to prove them selves(chambers, book, hagan,) why bring in another?

CCMiamiDolphins
02-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Ryan Moore always reminded me of Andre Johnson.

Then agaim, that was like his freshman year.

NJL52
02-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Ryan Moore without his character issues isnt good enough to go first day.

6'4 4.4 isn't first day talent to you?

Is this thread a joke? ryan moore, the same guy who had all this hype, the next reggie wayne , santana moss big time play maker wr we are used to at the u? oh wait i seem to remmeber him costing us drives dropping key passes, off the field issues etc etc. NO thanks. Sure bring him in as UDFA tho. we already got bunch of WR's with potential that need to prove them selves(chambers, book, hagan,) why bring in another?

Yea...and thats why I didn't say to take him in the first....Because he wasn't reggie Wayne or Santana Moss.

I seem to remember a brilliant Freshman season that had us thinking Andre 2. Two injuries and a suspension later, he is still just as talented.

phinphan896
02-04-2007, 04:52 PM
I just posted in another thread my QB sleeper: Trent Edwards.

I was thinking about some other potential big time players, and I looked towards home.

Miami WR Ryan Moore. HUGE talent, he is a step down from CJ. He suffered from a man that was an idiot at head coach(although I do like Coker as a person, just a bad coach) and 3 bad quarterbacks.

If he performs to his ability(which is a big if, but for some I feel confident he will step it up) he will be a HUGE steal in the late rounds. If we could snag him in hte 5th/6th I will be incredibly happy.
i can actually see him switching from wide receiver to tight end in the NFl. Hes a real big guy with some speed

CANDolphan
02-04-2007, 04:53 PM
6'4, 4.4, with poor route running and a bunch of drops.

Just because you're big and semi fast doesnt mean you'll be a great football player.

NJL52
02-04-2007, 05:01 PM
6'4, 4.4, with poor route running and a bunch of drops.

Just because you're big and semi fast doesnt mean you'll be a great football player.

Semi fast? A 4.4 is very fast, especially when you are 6'4. And he has a good route runner as well, don't know where you have seen him run bad routes.

Lastly, nobody is expecting great. The number one pick in the draft isn't expected to be great. A 6th rounder is expected to come out and hold a dummy come spring training. And if a coach gets lucky, that 6th rounder makes the team.

SMadison29
02-04-2007, 05:14 PM
The guy is a major talent, nobody can deny him that. He's certainly worth a 5-7 round pick & those that say he's not don't understand what those rounds in the draft are about. It's about taking fliers on players with talent with slight deficiencies in some areas.

Crowder52
02-04-2007, 05:21 PM
This is a funny thread. I thought you looked at guys in the later rounds who had character/injury issues but were still productive when they played, like a Marcus Thomas this year, Rod Wright last year, or a Cecil Collins from years back. But to look at a guy who has character issues and was rarely if ever productive in college, where is the upside?

Either he still has character problems and doesn't make the team because of that, or he doesn't have character problems and gets cut because he isn't any good. I see zero upside.

NJL52
02-04-2007, 05:31 PM
This is a funny thread. I thought you looked at guys in the later rounds who had character/injury issues but were still productive when they played, like a Marcus Thomas this year, Rod Wright last year, or a Cecil Collins from years back. But to look at a guy who has character issues and was rarely if ever productive in college, where is the upside?

Either he still has character problems and doesn't make the team because of that, or he doesn't have character problems and gets cut because he isn't any good. I see zero upside.

I've said this like 10 times in this thread alone:

He had 700 yards his freshman season with Brock Berlin throwing to him while competing against Kellen Winslow, Roscoe Parrish, Jason Geathers, Sinorice Moss and Devin Hester for playing time. We thought we had a first rounder in 2 years.

His sophomore year he was injured the whole time. His junior season he was injured some, played a little inconsistent and had Kyle Wrong throwing to him and still had 500 yards. His senior season he was suspended for 10(?) games, but he came out rather well his last 2 games.

He was never bad, never. He was judged harsher then normal because he was supposed to be the successor of Andre Johnson, Santana Moss and Reggie Wayne.

Injury problems/Character problems late in his career matched with a wildly sucessful Freshman year, that pretty much is exactly what you are talking about.

And I don't konw how you can see zero upside to drafting perhaps the 5th most talented WR in the draft in the 6th round.

Crowder52
02-04-2007, 06:48 PM
I've said this like 10 times in this thread alone:

He had 700 yards his freshman season with Brock Berlin throwing to him while competing against Kellen Winslow, Roscoe Parrish, Jason Geathers, Sinorice Moss and Devin Hester for playing time. We thought we had a first rounder in 2 years.

His sophomore year he was injured the whole time. His junior season he was injured some, played a little inconsistent and had Kyle Wrong throwing to him and still had 500 yards. His senior season he was suspended for 10(?) games, but he came out rather well his last 2 games.

He was never bad, never. He was judged harsher then normal because he was supposed to be the successor of Andre Johnson, Santana Moss and Reggie Wayne.

Injury problems/Character problems late in his career matched with a wildly sucessful Freshman year, that pretty much is exactly what you are talking about.

And I don't konw how you can see zero upside to drafting perhaps the 5th most talented WR in the draft in the 6th round.

:sidelol:

Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn, Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem, and Sidney Rice off the top of my head, I'd estimate Ryan Moore not even in the top 15 in terms of WR in this draft, but possibly in the 12-15 range.

What you're saying is he had one good season, and it was 4 years ago, and it was with an amazing offense with no one game planning to stop him because of the other, superior receivers? No thanks.

This is what his track record looks like:
Freshman - I showed flashes at times, probably because I was in an offense with so many weapons that no one even knew who I was.
Sophomore - Injured.
Junior - Injured.
Senior - Suspended.

NJL52
02-05-2007, 12:20 AM
:sidelol:

Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn, Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem, and Sidney Rice off the top of my head, I'd estimate Ryan Moore not even in the top 15 in terms of WR in this draft, but possibly in the 12-15 range.

What you're saying is he had one good season, and it was 4 years ago, and it was with an amazing offense with no one game planning to stop him because of the other, superior receivers? No thanks.

This is what his track record looks like:
Freshman - I showed flashes at times, probably because I was in an offense with so many weapons that no one even knew who I was.
Sophomore - Injured.
Junior - Injured.
Senior - Suspended.

A. There is a difference between being a good player and more talented. CJ, Ginn are more talented, Meacheam, Rice and Jarret are close talent wise. Nobody else is in the same range.

B. No one planning to stop him on an amazing offense???????????
ROFL
The offense SUCKED in 2003. They put up big numbers against bad teams(ECU 52, Louisiana Tech 48, BC 38, Temple 52, Rutgers 34) and got shut down by teams that didn't suck(Va Tech 7, FSU 16, Tennessee 6, and even Syracuse 17) They were anemic that year.

And the point of me mentioning those names is that he BEAT OUT 5 NFL players for playing time.

Ryan Moore was the number one reciever as a freshman, BEATING OUT:

1. Kellen Winslow: rated by some as best college TE of all time
2. Roscoe Parrish: 2nd round NFL pick
3. Kevin Everett: 3rd round NFL pick
4. Devin Hester: 2nd round NFL pick
5. Sinorice Moss: 2nd round NFL pick
6. Jason Geathers: NFL walk on

Nobody mistaked him as just another receiver. Other teams knew damn well that Ryan Moore was going to get the ball from a horrible quarterback and they still couldn't stop him.

And the next three years he didn't get to play because of non-football related issues. No intelligent Hurricane fans doubted his ability, just people who don't understand the circumstance.

NJL52
02-05-2007, 12:23 AM
BTW..... I find it hilarious that a Gators fan is trying to prove me wrong with blatantly incorrect assumptions drawn from God knows where...

and it was with an amazing offense with no one game planning to stop him because of the other, superior receivers?

rofl......the art of story telling.....

Crowder52
02-05-2007, 12:55 AM
BTW..... I find it hilarious that a Gators fan is trying to prove me wrong with blatantly incorrect assumptions drawn from God knows where...

Amazing talent on that offense, don't care what you say, you just spelled it out yourself with all those draft picks. And he wasn't the number one receiver, just because he had more yards doesn't make him #1. Anyways, your mind is made up on Ryan Moore and so is mine, the only difference is that you're blinded by homerism and I'm not. You consider him a top 5 WR talent, that's biased enough for me. Make all the excuses for him that you want, excuses don't win games or help teams.

I could give you a huge argument about why Chris Leak should be one of the top 3 QBs in this draft, about how he is soooo "talented" and about how he had different offensive coordinators every year, etc. But I don't blindly defend these players just because they play for my favorite school. The fact is the kid hasn't done anything in the last 3 years. A couple years from now you will probably want us to draft Willie Williams too, because he's so "talented".

Crowder52
02-05-2007, 01:08 AM
One more thing. I just looked up Ryan Moore's stats against top-20 teams that Miami played that year. There were only 4 games:

Florida - 3 catches, 29 yards
@ FSU - 1 catch, 35 yards
Tennessee - 4 catches, 40 yards
FSU (Bowl Game) - 3 catches, 52 yards

In four games, he caught a combined 11 balls for a little over 100 yards with 1 score. He did, however, have some decent games against the likes of Louisiana Tech and Syracuse. Now I see why you're making such a big deal out of him, that certainly sounds like a solid #1 WR to me. :lol:

musphinzfan
02-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Moore is very talented....Characteristic issues as well I dont mind throwing a flyer 7th rounder on him but id be more pleased to see him signed as a UDFA.

Motion
02-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Miami WR Ryan Moore. HUGE talent, he is a step down from CJ.

Really?

Motion
02-05-2007, 11:20 AM

Whats that have to do with anything?

To call Moore the 5th best WR in the draft is absolutely laughable regardless of what school your a fan of.

musphinzfan
02-05-2007, 11:26 AM

To call Moore the 5th best WR in the draft is absolutely laughable regardless of what school your a fan of.

Myself being a canes fan Moore is definitely not the 5th best WR but he may be a top 5 most talented WR come combine time.

%th best wr is VERY laughable.

NJL52
02-05-2007, 01:40 PM
A. If anybody can find a quote where I said "5th BEST receiver" then please do.

6'4 220 running a 4.4 is RIDICULOUSLY talented. CJ is 6'5 and runs a 4.45. Not a huge discrepancy between the two talent wise. Overall, CJ is more consistent, he has better body control and better hands. These traits make him a much better player, but the athletic talent is comparable.

What does being a Gator fan have to do with anything? A Gator fan who evidently doesn't follow or like the Hurricanes made incredible inaccurate assumptions about the Hurricanes that weren't even remotely correct.

And again, find where I said "5th best."

Moore is very talented....Characteristic issues as well I dont mind throwing a flyer 7th rounder on him but id be more pleased to see him signed as a UDFA.

Same here, but the chances that there isn't a coach in the NFL willing to spend a 6th/7th on a WR with those measurable is highly unlikely.

PewterKrew
02-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Moore has huge upside is a big fast sure handed wideout that played through injuries and bad quarterback play. At one point Moore looked like a sure fire first round reciever then he got hurt and never fully regained his form. But if he shows well at the combine it might move his stock up to the late 3rd or fourth round just because of his measurables.

Motion
02-05-2007, 01:50 PM

:whistle:

Crowder52
02-05-2007, 01:52 PM
His definiton of talent is simply height, weight, and 40 time. I think that is where he is confusing himself.

NJL52
02-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Amazing talent on that offense, don't care what you say, you just spelled it out yourself with all those draft picks. And he wasn't the number one receiver, just because he had more yards doesn't make him #1. Anyways, your mind is made up on Ryan Moore and so is mine, the only difference is that you're blinded by homerism and I'm not. You consider him a top 5 WR talent, that's biased enough for me. Make all the excuses for him that you want, excuses don't win games or help teams.

I could give you a huge argument about why Chris Leak should be one of the top 3 QBs in this draft, about how he is soooo "talented" and about how he had different offensive coordinators every year, etc. But I don't blindly defend these players just because they play for my favorite school. The fact is the kid hasn't done anything in the last 3 years. A couple years from now you will probably want us to draft Willie Williams too, because he's so "talented".

Yea there was amazing talent on that offense. And yes he was the number 1 receiver. I watched every game, I'm not assuming information. Unlike you, I'm basing my opinion on experience rather then stabs in the dark. Everybody knew who the best Hurricane receiver was. He was the go to WR on that offense. Not debatable.

Blinded by homerism? How?

I am suggesting that we take a VERY talented reciever in the very late rounds who produced very well on a very bad offense whenever he was on the field.

And give me 5 receivers in this class with better measureables then Ryan Moore. Forget it, I'll do it for you:

And here, I admit, I was an inch off. I looked at his HS numbers where it said 6'4, turns out he is 6'3.

Ryan Moore: 6'3, 225, 4.45
Paul Williams is close: 6'2, 210, 4.35
Sidney Rice: 6'4, 205, 4.45
Tedd Ginn: 6, 180 4.3
Calvin Johnson: 6'5, 235, 4.45

NFLDraftcountdown.com

Paul Williams loses an inch and 15 pounds for .1 in the 40.
Sidney Rice loses 20 pounds for an inch.
Tedd Ginn loses 3 inches, 45 pounds for .15 in the 40.
And CJ is the king with 1 inch and 10 pounds over Ryan Moore.

And are you seriously comparing me saying Ryan Moore is good value in the 7th to you saying Chris Leak is a top 3 quarterback? I'll break it down for you again:

Ryan Moore: Exceled greatly when given the chance. Very talented. Amazing size. I'm promoting the 7th round.

Chris Leak: Did above average in a system that admittingly didn't cater to him. Inaccurate arm, not the strongest arm, poor size, decent qb athleticism. You are promoting a top 10 pick.

And yes, if Willie Williams falls to the 7th round, I will paint my body green and write in orange "DRAFT WILLIE WILLIAMS" and show up at the building in New York where the draft is held.

NJL52
02-05-2007, 02:04 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=1061771340#post1061771340)

Yup, still stands.

Crowder52
02-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Yea there was amazing talent on that offense. And yes he was the number 1 receiver. I watched every game, I'm not assuming information. Unlike you, I'm basing my opinion on experience rather then stabs in the dark. Everybody knew who the best Hurricane receiver was. He was the go to WR on that offense. Not debatable.

Blinded by homerism? How?

I am suggesting that we take a VERY talented reciever in the very late rounds who produced very well on a very bad offense whenever he was on the field.

And give me 5 receivers in this class with better measureables then Ryan Moore. Forget it, I'll do it for you:

And here, I admit, I was an inch off. I looked at his HS numbers where it said 6'4, turns out he is 6'3.

Ryan Moore: 6'3, 225, 4.45
Paul Williams is close: 6'2, 210, 4.35
Sidney Rice: 6'4, 205, 4.45
Tedd Ginn: 6, 180 4.3
Calvin Johnson: 6'5, 235, 4.45

NFLDraftcountdown.com

Paul Williams loses an inch and 15 pounds for .1 in the 40.
Sidney Rice loses 20 pounds for an inch.
Tedd Ginn loses 3 inches, 45 pounds for .15 in the 40.
And CJ is the king with 1 inch and 10 pounds over Ryan Moore.

And are you seriously comparing me saying Ryan Moore is good value in the 7th to you saying Chris Leak is a top 3 quarterback? I'll break it down for you again:

Ryan Moore: Exceled greatly when given the chance. Very talented. Amazing size. I'm promoting the 7th round.

Chris Leak: Did above average in a system that admittingly didn't cater to him. Inaccurate arm, not the strongest arm, poor size, decent qb athleticism. You are promoting a top 10 pick.

And yes, if Willie Williams falls to the 7th round, I will paint my body green and write in orange "DRAFT WILLIE WILLIAMS" and show up at the building in New York where the draft is held.

No, I was comparing you saying Ryan Moore is a top 5 talent to Chris Leak being a top 3 talent, b/c Leak was the #1 QB coming out of HS, etc.

Ryan Moore never excelled in a game against a good opponent. I gave you the game logs, which you conveniently ignored. Now I realize the fundamental problem between us. you think talent means how tall a plyer is, how much he weighs, and his 40 time. I think talent means being able to play football and performing on the field.

Motion
02-05-2007, 02:07 PM
[i]

Yup, still stands.

:lol: Right, cause theres such a huge difference between "best" and "most talented". Gimme a break dude, just own up to it. If you like the guy stand up to your statements.

NJL52
02-05-2007, 02:20 PM
A. Regardless of what you decipher the term talent as, I used it to mean:
The combination of Fast twitch/slow twitch ration, efficiency of the central nervous system and mechanical efficiency of the body and how all that correlates to straight line speed, jumping ability, and explosive movements.

Understanding my intent, I don't think I should "own up" to anything.

B. You two are the only 2 people in this thread that misunderstood my usage and don't think Ryan Moore is "talented"

The guy is a major talent, nobody can deny him that
SMadison29

Moore is very talented
musphinzfan (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?u=2929)

Moore has huge upside is a big fast sure handed wideout that played through injuries and bad quarterback play. At one point Moore looked like a sure fire first round reciever then he got hurt and never fully regained his form. But if he shows well at the combine it might move his stock up to the late 3rd or fourth round just because of his measurables.
PewterKrew (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?u=21832)

Yeah I'm sure you know him very well and know his abilities. He wasn't the #1 WR recruit for nothing. But who am I trying to convince? Last year I was being a 'homer' for saying Devin Hester was worth a late round pick.
kpcane

yeah, Ryan Moore had issues off the field...but hes a hell of a player on it..i wouldnt mind the Dolphins taking him in the later rounds...hes a big time possession WR that can run good enough routes to get the job done
305TillIDie

Ryan Moore always reminded me of Andre Johnson.

Then agaim, that was like his freshman year.
CCMiamiDolphins

However, there is no denying that he is a talented player.
VT Dolphin

he is a talented kid that has trouble with his character but can fix it. he did good for us vs nevada in the computer bowl game and he showed up last year vs fsu when we lost 10-7.id take him sixth round.
alen1

So, everybody else that posted either A. Agreed that he was talent or B. Didn't mention talent. You two are the only two to try to change the context of what I'm saying.

And my response to his performance in the next post.

Motion
02-05-2007, 02:26 PM
The combination of Fast twitch/slow twitch ration, efficiency of the central nervous system and mechanical efficiency of the body and how all that correlates to straight line speed, jumping ability, and explosive movements.

Understanding my intent, I don't think I should "own up" to anything.

B. You two are the only 2 people in this thread that misunderstood my usage and don't think Ryan Moore is "talented"

SMadison29

musphinzfan (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?u=2929)

PewterKrew (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?u=21832)

kpcane

305TillIDie

CCMiamiDolphins

VT Dolphin

alen1

So, everybody else that posted either A. Agreed that he was talent or B. Didn't mention talent. You two are the only two to try to change the context of what I'm saying.

And my response to his performance in the next post.

:rolleyes2 Wow

I never said the guy wasn't talented. I said he wasn't top 5 WRs in the draft. Who's taking what out of context?

NJL52
02-05-2007, 02:28 PM
One more thing. I just looked up Ryan Moore's stats against top-20 teams that Miami played that year. There were only 4 games:

Florida - 3 catches, 29 yards
@ FSU - 1 catch, 35 yards
Tennessee - 4 catches, 40 yards
FSU (Bowl Game) - 3 catches, 52 yards

In four games, he caught a combined 11 balls for a little over 100 yards with 1 score. He did, however, have some decent games against the likes of Louisiana Tech and Syracuse. Now I see why you're making such a big deal out of him, that certainly sounds like a solid #1 WR to me. :lol:

Hrmmmmmmmm.

Freshman wide reciever playing with a horrible quarterback with a poor running game against 4 top 10(15?) teams. 156 yards isn't great, but I wasn't complaining. If I recall correctly, in one of the FSU games, Berlin overthrew Ryan Moore twice on what have been 2 60+ yard touchdown receptions.

And please, if you are going to mention his play vs top competition, list all the games.....

West Virginia 7 for 81
Virginia Tech 7 for 101(DeAngelo Hall vs Ryan Moore if I'm not mistaken)

Against top teams that year he had 360 yards. 60 yards per game.

So in a 12 game schedule he had 650 something yards. In 6 games vs ranked opponments he had 360 yards.

More then half his yards came against ranked opponments.

NJL52
02-05-2007, 02:30 PM
:rolleyes2 Wow

I never said the guy wasn't talented. I said he wasn't top 5 WRs in the draft. Who's taking what out of context?

Sigh....

Just for the hell of it:

:lol: Right, cause theres such a huge difference between "best" and "most talented". Gimme a break dude, just own up to it. If you like the guy stand up to your statements.

Middle school inferences:

I state he is top 5 most talented.

You sarcastically say that there is a huge difference between best and most talented. I just asked my 10 year old brother and he said that he thinks that you mean that the two terms are similar, obvious to him, obvious to the rest of the board.

Then you say "gimme a break dude." I asked my brother again, he thinks that you thought I was wrong.

With the most elementary of understandings required, you indeed did mean that.

And just so you can't say it is more complex then elementary: I'm 18 and have a 4.0 GPA in college and I understand it the same as my brother.

Motion
02-05-2007, 02:31 PM

So this is your definition of talent?

Interesting, sounds alot more like "Athleticism" to me. The big fancy words give it a nice added touch though.

We see workout warriors every year. How that translates to the football field is what matters. We're talking 5th round? I'd be all for it.

Crowder52
02-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Hrmmmmmmmm.

Freshman wide reciever playing with a horrible quarterback with a poor running game against 4 top 10(15?) teams. 156 yards isn't great, but I wasn't complaining. If I recall correctly, in one of the FSU games, Berlin overthrew Ryan Moore twice on what have been 2 60+ yard touchdown receptions.

And please, if you are going to mention his play vs top competition, list all the games.....

West Virginia 7 for 81
Virginia Tech 7 for 101(DeAngelo Hall vs Ryan Moore if I'm not mistaken)

Against top teams that year he had 360 yards. 60 yards per game.

So in a 12 game schedule he had 650 something yards. In 6 games vs ranked opponments he had 360 yards.

More then half his yards came against ranked opponments.

Neither of those teams finished the season in the top 25 AP or Coaches' Poll, I just checked. Why would I use those mediocre teams?

edit: here's the link, see for yourself
http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/polls_1936_present.html

All the teams I mentioned, however, were in the top 25 at season's end.

Lab3003
02-05-2007, 02:34 PM
I cannot believe we're debating drafting Ryan Moore. He isn't very good. Describe to me one OUTSTANDING, GAME CHANGING PLAY that Ryan Moore made at the U. I don't remember one.

NJL52
02-05-2007, 02:43 PM
And I list WV and VT because Ryan Moore was lined up against two top 10 NFL draft picks.

Adam(PacMan)Jones vs Ryan Moore at WV
and
DeAngelo Hall vs Ryan Moore at VT

I guess the saying works for 7th round draft picks make big time plays in big time games against big time players.

also:

#2 Miami Hurricanes vs #10 Virginia Tech (Nov 01, 2003 at Blacksburg, Va.)

NJL52
02-05-2007, 02:45 PM
So this is your definition of talent?

Interesting, sounds alot more like "Athleticism" to me. The big fancy words give it a nice added touch though.

We see workout warriors every year. How that translates to the football field is what matters. We're talking 5th round? I'd be all for it.

Athletic talent, I shortened it, forgive me for my sins.

Enough with semantics, is Ryan Moore none of these: "athletic" "talented" "athletically talented?"

NJL52
02-05-2007, 02:46 PM
I cannot believe we're debating drafting Ryan Moore. He isn't very good. Describe to me one OUTSTANDING, GAME CHANGING PLAY that Ryan Moore made at the U. I don't remember one.

He had 101 yards on DeAngelo Hall and 81 yards on Pacman Jones. As a freshman.

Crowder52
02-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey NJL52...just figured I'd bump this thread to say hey, see how everything's going. I hope you and your family are doing well and all. I guess that's about it.

...wait, I almost forgot to tell you! Ryan Moore ran slower than 4.6 at the combine yesterday after you said he would run in the 4.3's. You called him one of the top 5 most talented WRs in the draft based solely on size and 40 time. Well, he got burned by nearly every WR there, some were bigger than him and many were close to his size. Just thought I should let you know before you go around making those claims in the future and further embarassing yourself.

NJL52
04-25-2007, 09:10 AM
...and he tripped.

At his pro day where he didn't trip he ran a 4.5; and I said he would run a 4.45. A little disapointed, yes; I was hoping for him to improve. But I'd still be happy to draft him 6th/7th.

Wolf13
04-25-2007, 10:26 AM
I'd easily take a chance on him with one of our 6 late round picks. You never know, him sitting our his whole senior year could have put a chip on his shoulder making him want to prove everyone wrong about him, sounds like a worth while chance to take...

SamTodd
04-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Ryan moore didn't do ANYTHING at miami except dissappoint.

Crowder52
04-25-2007, 12:00 PM
...and he tripped.

At his pro day where he didn't trip he ran a 4.5; and I said he would run a 4.45. A little disapointed, yes; I was hoping for him to improve. But I'd still be happy to draft him 6th/7th.

Don't you get to run the 40 a few times at the combine? Or did he "trip" on all of them? :confused:

Crash_Jensen
04-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Why is the world is there a thread about a guy that was pedestrian in College (4 years, 11 TDs, 1437 Yards). And oh by the way, he beats women.

What is this world coming to?