PDA

View Full Version : 4 Sleepers QB !

fastball83
02-04-2007, 12:30 PM
I have searched QB sleepers possiblity this week end, and from round 4 to 7, we could very well target in this order :

jordan palmer 65% PC , 29TD for 19 interceptions and in the past 3 years always veru good QB rating,

Drew tate, minus than palmer but seems not bad,

will proctor : 60% PC 16 TD and 11 interception + florida native so.......fans behind him and much time before fire under his ......

james pinckney seems not very bad choice but I prefer the previous 3 names.

opinions on them are welcome and opinions in my search too :D

nuri
02-04-2007, 12:37 PM
if we will draft a qb in the final i like more palmer:dolphins: :dolphins:

sharkhotline84
02-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Jordan Plamer might have some degree of upside with his size, but his arm strength isnt great and his decision making is less than ideal.

- Drew tate is a midget
- will proctor has no upside whatsoever
- james pickney i have admittedly only seen briefly but he is a major project

Sharkhotline

Motion
02-04-2007, 12:46 PM
I'll pass on Palmer, 64 Ints in college says alot.

fastball83
02-04-2007, 12:58 PM
yes but much more TD and very solid QB rating, opinions ?

twix2500
02-04-2007, 01:01 PM
They can stay asleep as far as Im concerned.

Motion
02-04-2007, 01:07 PM
yes but much more TD and very solid QB rating, opinions ?

Much more TDs? He had 80 couple TDs and 64 INTs for his career at UTEP, how does that translate into a "very solid QB rating"????

No thanks, he's not worth it.

He's nothing like his brother.

fastball83
02-04-2007, 01:14 PM
ok, I have not much info I live in europe and I haven(t see him playing, do you have opinion on my 3 other sleepers name I 'am interested by all opinions on them !

Motion
02-04-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't know much about the last two but Drew Tate definitely does not have the size to be an NFL QB, he's less of a prospect than Chris Leak IMO.

ChambersWI
02-04-2007, 01:20 PM
If you want a sleeper at QB, how about Isiah Stanbach from Washington? He's a great athlete, but his development was crippled going through 4 different offenses in his college career.

fastball83
02-04-2007, 01:37 PM
other idea IYO if we decide to go on the 3eme round or 4eme round ?

PeachFins
02-04-2007, 02:10 PM
No Thanks on these 4 guys. I'd much rather have Cleo Lemon!

jim1
02-04-2007, 02:15 PM
I have searched QB sleepers possiblity this week end, and from round 4 to 7, we could very well target in this order :

jordan palmer 65% PC , 29TD for 19 interceptions and in the past 3 years always veru good QB rating,

will proctor : 60% PC 16 TD and 11 interception + florida native so.......fans behind him and much time before fire under his ......

Drew Tate absolutely blows in terms of pro potential, no size and no arm.

adamprez2003
02-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Jeff Rowe and Matt Gutierrez are my two slepper picks

I figure Edwards and Kolb arent in the sleeper category but if they are throw them into the mix

ChambersWI
02-04-2007, 02:48 PM

I figure Edwards and Kolb arent in the sleeper category but if they are throw them into the mix

Gutierrez... It's too bad he got injured right before his sophomore season otherwise he'd be the starter, and Henne would've redshirted. Gutz does deserve to get drafted though.

SMadison29
02-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Other than Palmer I wouldn't expect any of the other 3 to be drafted.

my 2 cents
02-04-2007, 06:07 PM

I watch a ton of CF and was right on with Ingle Martin last year. So my opinion....

Palmer...not enough arm, bad decision maker, and streaky. someone may pick him 6-7...i would not.
Tate...terrible arm, small and has to wind up to get anything on the ball...FA.
Proctor.-Best of the 4 but still not enough arm and gets confused easily.
Pinkney-Dink passer that can elude but again not enough arm and is wildly inaccurate at times. I would question his football IQ.

For what it is worth =IMO Guetirrez is a side armer that winds up on anything over 20 yards. May be correctable but I am far from sold....

My 4 would be.
Justin Rascati, James Madison...good enough arm, needs work on deep ball but carries himself well and is very accurate short mid range passes. From Gainesville, highly recruited went to UL and transfeered when it became apparent Brohm was the guy.

Josh Swogger, Montana. Have seen only once but love his arm and he is in control, good touch, has a calm about him but still plays up tempo. Great Size. 6-4.5, 230. From what I have read looks like a decent prospect.

Isiah Stanbach-Four Oc's so he never developed,and a great athlete with an above average arm and good intellegence.

Jeff Rowe, Above average arm and can throw on the run very well. has a pocket sense and is accurate generally...a 5th roundtype guy in my opinion.

I would throw Justin Zwick, Luke Getsy, and Toby Korrodi from Central Missouri on the list of guys I would want to know more about....have not seen enough of any of them but they all have some nice attributes I have read about....

playmaker1
02-04-2007, 06:42 PM
I watch a ton of CF and was right on with Ingle Martin last year. So my opinion....

Palmer...not enough arm, bad decision maker, and streaky. someone may pick him 6-7...i would not.
Tate...terrible arm, small and has to wind up to get anything on the ball...FA.
Proctor.-Best of the 4 but still not enough arm and gets confused easily.
Pinkney-Dink passer that can elude but again not enough arm and is wildly inaccurate at times. I would question his football IQ.

For what it is worth =IMO Guetirrez is a side armer that winds up on anything over 20 yards. May be correctable but I am far from sold....

My 4 would be.
Justin Rascati, James Madison...good enough arm, needs work on deep ball but carries himself well and is very accurate short mid range passes. From Gainesville, highly recruited went to UL and transfeered when it became apparent Brohm was the guy.

Josh Swogger, Montana. Have seen only once but love his arm and he is in control, good touch, has a calm about him but still plays up tempo. Great Size. 6-4.5, 230. From what I have read looks like a decent prospect.

Isiah Stanbach-Four Oc's so he never developed,and a great athlete with an above average arm and good intellegence.

Jeff Rowe, Above average arm and can throw on the run very well. has a pocket sense and is accurate generally...a 5th roundtype guy in my opinion.

I would throw Justin Zwick, Luke Getsy, and Toby Korrodi from Central Missouri on the list of guys I would want to know more about....have not seen enough of any of them but they all have some nice attributes I have read about....

About Swogger, he is not a NFL prospect. I have watched him play many times. He folds under pressure. He looked better at Montana than he did at WSU, but it was also a smaller program.
Stanbach... not only do I hate the huskies more than any other teams, he is just flat out a bad QB. He has a weak arm, trys to be a "running" QB, but isn't very fast or athletic. He has had many problem staying healthy and couldn't even keep a starting job the last few season. So just scratch both of them.

VT Dolphan
02-04-2007, 11:29 PM

Anyone want to compare Gutierrez with that other guy from Michigan...I think he plays for the Patriots now...

Honestly though, haven't heard his name mentioned much, but he's got good size and was a highly touted prospect to Michigan. If he has an impressive Combine he could be worth a late pick.

adamprez2003
02-05-2007, 01:36 AM
Anyone want to compare Gutierrez with that other guy from Michigan...I think he plays for the Patriots now...

Honestly though, haven't heard his name mentioned much, but he's got good size and was a highly touted prospect to Michigan. If he has an impressive Combine he could be worth a late pick.

To me I would gamble a 6th or 7th on him. He's a project still. I dont think you'll know whether you have anything for at least two years

Roman529
02-05-2007, 02:26 AM
I would rather draft a solid QB in the first or 2nd round than waste a later pick on an average QB that is not any better than what we now have.