View Full Version : Mass Effect!!

SkapePhin
02-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Cant wait for this!

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/718/718963.html

Might be better than Star Wars KOTOR!

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-04-2007, 02:27 PM
I cannot either. i am hoping ot play it next week.

mor911
02-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Next best game right here!

SkapePhin
02-04-2007, 02:38 PM

When is the release date? I thought it hadnt been announced yet..

FinsNCanes
02-04-2007, 03:34 PM
I thought this game wasn't coming out for a while. Better then KOTOR? That's pretty bold :D

Is it going to be multiplayer at all?

WitheringPlant
02-04-2007, 04:05 PM
I thought this game wasn't coming out for a while. Better then KOTOR? That's pretty bold :D

Is it going to be multiplayer at all?
Its not that bold. Jade Empire was better than KOTO; its reasonable to assume Mass Effect will be too.

Bruzer
02-04-2007, 06:26 PM
I never played jade empire but I absolutely loved KOTOR my favorite RPG atm.

mor911
02-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Jade empire was not as good as kotor imo. not even close. Thi game looks liek it could be the next kotor.

Marino2Clayton
02-04-2007, 11:27 PM

We're you the guy that said that you were gonna be able to beta test it?

If so will you be allowed to tell us anything about it?

WitheringPlant
02-05-2007, 01:56 AM
Jade empire was not as good as kotor imo. not even close. Thi game looks liek it could be the next kotor.
Jade Empire = KOTOR + Freestyle Fight System (Leaping Tiger, mmmm)
I will admit it was a bit short, but for its duration it was a lot more fun that KOTOR (and I loved KOTOR).

Sethdaddy8
02-05-2007, 02:16 AM
Cant wait for this!

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/718/718963.html

Might be better than Star Wars KOTOR!

wow, looks like a great, deep game.
cool story.
funny sig btw!

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-05-2007, 03:19 AM
When is the release date? I thought it hadnt been announced yet..

I do not know, plus if I knew I couldn't tell you :)

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-05-2007, 03:21 AM

I have to agree with that. KotOR was an amazing game. Jade Empire really did a bad job with Closed Fist. Instead of being all survival of the fittest, it was just plain evil.

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-05-2007, 03:24 AM
We're you the guy that said that you were gonna be able to beta test it?

If so will you be allowed to tell us anything about it?

Yea, I got a contract for Microsoft Gaming Studios. Really fun group to work on. If it was up to me, I would tell you guys everything. I am not trying to be a *******. If things go like I think they are (i haven't been given the actually go ahead. Not going to count my chickens before they hatch type of thing), I will be able to give you guys a very thorough review when the game is about to be released. Since it will be my job play the game 8 hours a day

Right now I could give a good review on the expansion pack to Zoo Tycoon II when that has been released :).

Game testing is interesting. It is like regular testing but with more waiting. I had to repro this one bug that happens when these two animals do something. That something was not only random but it was only on one of the animals when that action actually comes up. To make a long story short, I had to watch Penguins for an hour.

TheMageGandalf
02-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Game testing is interesting. It is like regular testing but with more waiting. I had to repro this one bug that happens when these two animals do something. That something was not only random but it was only on one of the animals when that action actually comes up. To make a long story short, I had to watch Penguins for an hour.

This is a personal question so you dont have to answer it outright if you dont want to but...

How much do you get paid for that job?

To me, that'd be a dream job to play games all day even if its just to test the same thing over and over.

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-05-2007, 11:16 AM
This is a personal question so you dont have to answer it outright if you dont want to but...

How much do you get paid for that job?

To me, that'd be a dream job to play games all day even if its just to test the same thing over and over.

I am a software test engineer II, the payscale for that job is 18 to 24 dollars an hour

mor911
02-06-2007, 09:15 AM
if this doesn't get you excited about this game, nothing will

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/7551

mor911
02-06-2007, 09:27 AM
DwoAvsCrN_A
try this new embeded thing :lol:

Dolfan5000
02-07-2007, 06:47 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=156191
hooray for PS3 ports :)

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-07-2007, 06:50 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=156191
hooray for PS3 ports :)

I doubt it. has any game that has been published by microsoft appear on the playstation or visa versa?

Dolfan5000
02-07-2007, 06:53 PM
I doubt it. has any game that has been published by microsoft appear on the playstation or visa versa?
we'll see

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-07-2007, 07:16 PM
we'll see

It could be a completely different game. I would highly doubt it was Mass Effect. That would be like Jax and Daxter coming out for Xbox.

mor911
02-08-2007, 08:56 AM
yeah... it has to be some un-announced game. No way Mass Effect gets ported. If it does, Microsoft is slippin.

TheMageGandalf
02-08-2007, 04:58 PM
I am a software test engineer II, the payscale for that job is 18 to 24 dollars an hour

NICE!

Here's some more interrogation :goof:

Did you need anything special for that job (college degree, technical degree, etc.)?

Is it an opening that is usually.....open....in that your signed on for one game and then your contract is up, and if they dont renew you your screwed and need to look for a new job?

Is this a job like any other company where you have a 9-5 schedule or do they give you varying hours/days?

Do you get paid overtime or is it just a salary?

Last but not least, (this is a question similiar to one before) is this a job that has openings frequently or is it something you need to be lucky that they are hiring in order to get a shot at grabbing one, before its too late, and you have to wait a zillion years for another opportunity to open up?

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-09-2007, 02:45 AM
NICE!

Here's some more interrogation :goof:

Did you need anything special for that job (college degree, technical degree, etc.)?

Not really. Techinal degrees do help. Actually more and more you need a technical degree or some kind of certification to get into it. There are a few 6 month programs around here that is all you need to get started. Myself I got a college degree in computer science. I kind of view myself as a failed programmer ;).

Is it an opening that is usually.....open....in that your signed on for one game and then your contract is up, and if they dont renew you your screwed and need to look for a new job?

Well my contract is basically jsut a contract to the team. It is a 9 month contract and I do whatever my boss says. Right now it is Mass Effect, before it was Zoo Tycoon II. Basically I am a tester for Microsoft Gaming Studios. This is my first contract with them, before I was part of this project called Apollo, Vista and XPSP1. The parties for Vista and XPSP1 are the best.

The way it works with contracts in microsoft is that you work at microsoft for a year and then you have to take a 100 day break. Which isn't super bad because you have unemployment and it is a decent amount. If you are lucky enough to be a vender or V- then you do not have to take the 100 day break.

Is this a job like any other company where you have a 9-5 schedule or do they give you varying hours/days?

Generally at Microsoft as a tester they watn you at a specific time or at last there 8 hours to get the job done. I have known some poeple who love to work a 11 to 7 shift. I like to go in earlier because it makes me feel better. If you are on the right team it is a pretty relaxed atmosphere. From what I understand Microsoft's way is, "here is what needs to be done, get it done" So as long as you get your work done, it isn't much clock punching.

Do you get paid overtime or is it just a salary?

Contracts are hourly. If I got a full time job there it would be salary. We do get paid overtime but it has to be signed off by our manager

Last but not least, (this is a question similiar to one before) is this a job that has openings frequently or is it something you need to be lucky that they are hiring in order to get a shot at grabbing one, before its too late, and you have to wait a zillion years for another opportunity to open up?

With the 100 day break jobs open up frequently. Unless the position is just not that needed for 3 months, they do need someone to work. Well you do have to go through volt or excell and a representative of theirs has to think you are a right fit for the job. I do feel lucky to have it.

One of the downsides of being a contracter like this is lack of job security as you will be looking for a job once a year. The positive for this is that chances are good that you will be doing something different every year.

Phin-o-rama
02-09-2007, 10:05 AM
I knew I knew you from somewhere!!

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Phin-o-rama
02-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Mass Effect ’s length has been subjected to many questions as Bioware talks up episodic content many people feared they’d leave content out of Mass Effect and sell it later. Luckily it doesn’t appear to be the case. In a recent interview when the developers were asked about the size of the game they responded saying it would be about 70+ Hours!

http://thexboxdomain.net/2007/02/11/...ffects-length/

mor911
02-12-2007, 10:44 AM
:drool: I'll sell my soul for this game