PDA

View Full Version : The Superbowl Says...

South Florida
02-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Draft either Brady Quinn, Reggie Nelson or Ted Ginn.

Peyton won it for them, Rex couldn't.

Bob Sanders had an enormous impact.

Devin Hester gave them points, but he should have been put in at WR for a few plays.

I'm not this short sighted, but these were the impacts in the game.

We already have Ronnie to do what Rhodes, Jones and Addai did.

We don't have Hester, Sanders or Manning.

EDIT I do think Yeremiah could impact a game like Sanders.

dolpns13
02-04-2007, 11:40 PM

Devin Hester gave them points, but he should have been put in at WR for a few plays.

Exactly why should have Hester been put in at WR for a few plays...So the bears could lose even worse? He's a DB, not a WR

A Sanders would be easier to find then another Manning. It could take a team 10 years to find a record breaking hall of fame QB like manning.

I believe Yeramiah Bell can be our next sanders

wazzy
02-04-2007, 11:43 PM

EDIT I do think Yeremiah could impact a game like Sanders.

The Super Bowl is won on a whole season and playoffs worth of success not just 1 game! So with that said I say we draft the best player available that suits our team and strengthens us!

South Florida
02-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Exactly why should have Hester been put in at WR for a few plays...So the bears could lose even worse? He's a DB, not a WR

A Sanders would be easier to find then another Manning. It could take a team 10 years to find a record breaking hall of fame QB like manning.

I believe Yeramiah Bell can be our next sanders

Hester is effective at WR, especially in the slot (maybe 3 times). I don't think they would have lost by MORE if they'd tried that.

How about a QB who is smart and studies and doesn't get handled by defenses that confuse him?

dolpns13
02-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Hester is effective at WR, especially in the slot (maybe 3 times). I don't think they would have lost by MORE if they'd tried that.

How about a QB who is smart and studies and doesn't get handled by defenses that confuse him?

which games did hester play WR at?

Ryan1973
02-04-2007, 11:51 PM
There is no way that Peyton Manning deserved MVP tonight over Dominic Rhodes or Joseph Addai. Its all politics. The two running backs won the game for the Colts, not Manning.

HysterikiLL
02-04-2007, 11:52 PM

I think he's referring to Hester's college career.

Ron Turner wanted to try Hester at WR sometimes this season, but he is Lovie's project at DB.

Alex44
02-04-2007, 11:56 PM

He played offense, defense and special teams in college.

In fact Id go as far as to say he is a better offensive player than Corner based on his career at Miami (Which I saw every game of)

dolpns13
02-04-2007, 11:57 PM
I think he's referring to Hester's college career.

Ron Turner wanted to try Hester at WR sometimes this season, but he is Lovie's project at DB.

Hester didnt 1 reception at WR this season. The Beras are pretty deep at WR so i dont think there would be a need for him at WR.

dolpns13
02-04-2007, 11:58 PM
There is no way that Peyton Manning deserved MVP tonight over Dominic Rhodes or Joseph Addai. Its all politics. The two running backs won the game for the Colts, not Manning.

True that, true that...Its because they figure he will never reach the promised land again so they better give him is pie now

phinphanforever
02-05-2007, 12:32 AM
True that, true that...Its because they figure he will never reach the promised land again so they better give him is pie now
Barf..cough...choke..It's embarassing how the NFL head men swoon for Manning. It's been that way since he was a rookie. I have never been a fan of his. To be fair, he ii one of the top 3 QBs in the league but he's not the best and is certainly no the best of his generation.

twix2500
02-05-2007, 01:55 AM
Manning won this game, his passing in the first half won the game. If Manning didnt get MVP, then Rex Grossman should got MVP for being the worse QB in the NFL and giving the game to the Colts. I swear the Bears could of gotten Shane Matthews out of retirement and they would of won the Super Bowl.

PhinSoldia
02-05-2007, 01:56 AM
the superbowl says stanton is a bear

Jaj
02-05-2007, 02:18 AM
There is no Superbowl formula...

Roman529
02-05-2007, 02:23 AM
I just know that to win a Superbowl, we are going to need a better QB than what we have now. :rolleyes:

Jaj
02-05-2007, 03:01 AM
Culpepper reasonably healed actually is good enough to win a Superbowl, not even kidding. Ronnie and Ricky together are a very good combo. The team is good enough at TE, subpar overall on the offensive line and decent but lacking at WR. The defense is seriously aging and in need of a playmaker in the secondary as well as a new NT.

This team talent-wise when healthy is about a 8-8 team.

They need one key acquisition in free agency. Ken Hamlin might be that guy.

jesusfreak26
02-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Manning won this game, his passing in the first half won the game. If Manning didnt get MVP, then Rex Grossman should got MVP for being the worse QB in the NFL and giving the game to the Colts. I swear the Bears could of gotten Shane Matthews out of retirement and they would of won the Super Bowl.

Actually, we got Shane Matthews out of retirement this year, so they could have traded us for him.

Motion
02-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Reggie Nelson please.

Stitches
02-05-2007, 10:03 AM

I agree completely. I thought Rhodes would/should get it.

PhinSoldia
02-05-2007, 01:09 PM
I agree completely. I thought Rhodes would/should get it.

well with just about 300 yards passing he out played both of them-literally-if Addai or Rhodes got say 25-30 carries each they would have won-they both played great but peyton was there on every snap and three for almost 300 yards if not more-they just didnt get enough PT between the two of them to be considered

Mainge
02-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Hester didnt 1 reception at WR this season. The Beras are pretty deep at WR so i dont think there would be a need for him at WR.

But they don't have a WR who is as much of a playmaker as Hester is.

Honestly, you have a unique athlete in Hester, get a little creative.

Middle Screens, WR Screens, End Arounds, WR Reverses. He doesn't need to convert full-time into a WR (although I think he should) but come out occasionally just to give the opposition something to think about.

Julius Peppers has lined up at WR. Warren Sapp at TE. Jason Taylor at TE. Brian Urlacher at TE. Mike Vrabel at TE. Mike Vick at WR, and RB. Deion Sanders at WR. DeAngelo Hall at WR.

Though, IMO, Hester should have been made a WR from the start. Much more dangerous with the ball in his hands than defending it.

Mainge
02-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Reggie Nelson please.

Absolutely!

If you guys want a Bob Sanders-esque player in our secondary, then Reggie Nelson is your man.

Reggie Nelson is a Bob Sanders clone.

I've probably posted this link in every thread containing the word(s) "Reggie" "Nelson" or "Safety" but I feel you need to see it again. :lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Zw7nxl4qa4&mode=related&search=

nstand
02-05-2007, 06:09 PM

I thought Peyton had a very good game, especially after the first series. Have to agree though that Rhodes or Addai should have got MVP, probably split it. But its a popularity vote, why else do you allow the general public vote for it, just like Pro Bowl, All-Star Game and so on. They should have 2 or 3 of the top coaches deciding who to give it to.