PDA

View Full Version : What would it take?

PublixSubsRule
02-04-2007, 11:56 PM
What do you think the Bears would give us for the 9th pick if Brady Quinn was still there?

Would you take their first and second round picks this year along with next years first?

I think i would. That trade would help us address our overall aging and average team. Also we probably wouldn't have to worry about a rookie holding out or a big rookie contract.

This all depends on Quinn being there and the Bears wanting a QB.The Bears would consider this for many reasons. Chicago fans, and some of their management all seem to dislike Grossman because of his inability to stay healthy and the fact that he more often then not makes bad decisions and throws. That trade for them would not be that far fetched because I think they feel like they are close to winning a super Bowl and feel that trade wouldn't be that much to get as good a QB as Quinn.

thoughts...

Webb78OLman
02-04-2007, 11:58 PM
What do you think the Bears would give us for the 9th pick if Brady Quinn was still there?

Would you take their first and second round picks this year along with next years first?

I think i would. That trade would help us address our overall aging and average team. Also we probably wouldn't have to worry about a rookie holding out or a big rookie contract.

This all depends on Quinn being there and the Bears wanting a QB.The Bears would consider this for many reasons. Chicago fans, and some of their management all seem to dislike Grossman because of his inability to stay healthy and the fact that he more often then not makes bad decisions and throws. That trade for them would not be that far fetched because I think they feel like they are close to winning a super Bowl and feel that trade wouldn't be that much to get as good a QB as Quinn.

thoughts...

Umm, that would be great, but not going to happen (except maybe in Madden)

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 12:03 AM
If you are going to say why it wouldnt happen PLEASE STATE WHY, because the saints traded all of their picks for Ricky Willliams, I guess that would only happen in madden also....

Webb78OLman
02-05-2007, 12:11 AM
If you are going to say why it wouldnt happen PLEASE STATE WHY, because the saints traded all of their picks for Ricky Willliams, I guess that would only happen in madden also....

Ok, not going to happen for two reasons:

(1) Brady Quinn is not going to make it to the Dolphins. He will go as far as the Cleveland Browns...

(2) If by some chance he does make it to us, the Bears would literally have to give up all their day 1 picks this year, and at least a 2nd round (probably 1st round and 3rd round) next year. I know the Saints traded all their picks for Ricky Williams, but the odds of that happening again is 1 in a million. The bears are more likely to pick up a LB (if Briggs leaves), maybe an OL/OG to provide depth for their line, or grab a TE to compliment Desmound Clark. If they truly want to draft a rookie QB to try to replace Grossman, they might draft Stanton with the 31st overall pick, or trade that down a little to pick him up early in the 2nd round and grab another draft pick.

The scenario is a dream scenario. I just don't see it happening. If it does, the Bears are just morons, because only the 2nd coming of Mariano/Elway/Montana/P.Manning/Brady all rolled into one is worth the kind of trade required to go from 31st overall to 9th overall.

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 12:17 AM

(1) Brady Quinn is not going to make it to the Dolphins. He will go as far as the Cleveland Browns...

Just Like Reggie Bush wouldn't make it to the Saints? And Matt Leinhart would fall past the Raiders and Lions?

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 12:19 AM

(2) If by some chance he does make it to us, the Bears would literally have to give up all their day 1 picks this year, and at least a 2nd round (probably 1st round and 3rd round) next year. I know the Saints traded all their picks for Ricky Williams, but the odds of that happening again is 1 in a million. The bears are more likely to pick up a LB (if Briggs leaves), maybe an OL/OG to provide depth for their line, or grab a TE to compliment Desmound Clark. If they truly want to draft a rookie QB to try to replace Grossman, they might draft Stanton with the 31st overall pick, or trade that down a little to pick him up early in the 2nd round and grab another draft pick.

The Saints only draft pick that year was Ricky Williams and although it isn't likely if the Bears wanted a STARTING QB for their team they would most likely want to trade up and get Quinn not get Stanton and hope he is good.

rob19
02-05-2007, 12:24 AM
The NFL uses a point system for this kind of thing, i dont think its as far fetched as you may think. The 9th pick is worth 1350 points and the 31st 600. There second round pick would be worth in the 280 range and lets say they place 28 or 29 in next years draft, it would be pretty even (1350--1500, give or take.) Thats only about a 150 point differance, its actually very possible if they like Quinn.

So to Webb78OLman: please do a little research before you open your mouth and be rude. He said in that paricular scenario (Qiunn does drop, and the bears like him), would it be possible, and the answer is yes, probably not likely, but possible.

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 12:26 AM
The NFL uses a point system for this kind of thing, i dont think its as far fetched as you may think. The 9th pick is worth 1350 points and the 31st 600. There second round pick would be worth in the 280 range and lets say they place 28 or 29 in next years draft, it would be pretty even (1350--1500, give or take.) Thats only about a 150 point differance, its actually very possible if they like Quinn.

So to Webb78OLman: please do a little research before you open your mouth and be rude. He said in that paricular scenario (Qiunn does drop, and the bears like him), would it be possible, and the answer is yes, probably not likely, but possible.

THANKS ALOT ROB19, I KNOW ABOUT THE POINT CHART I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT THE VALUES ARE FOR EACH PICK

Webb78OLman
02-05-2007, 12:28 AM
The Saints only draft pick that year was Ricky Williams and although it isn't likely if the Bears wanted a STARTING QB for their team they would most likely want to trade up and get Quinn not get Stanton and hope he is good.

You're missing the point. Brady Quinn is not good enough to justify trading up from 31st overall to 9th overall. He's just not. Plain and simple. And yes people sometimes fall farther than they are expected, so it is possible Quinn falls to us. I just don't see it happening because (a) Raiders can still take him (though they are more likely to take Russell), (b) the Lions need a young QB to train under Kitna (sound familiar? cough Carson Palmer cough), (c) Quinn really wants to play for the Browns, and Romeo Cronnell(spelling?) might not be sold on Frye, plus he's probably been in touch with Weis about Quinn, (d) then there are the other 5 teams in front of us that could trade down to someone else who wants him, including the Texans who might be shopping David Carr, meaning they have a QB opening (yes they'd rather take a RB, but if cleveland doesn't take Quinn do you really think they will pass on Adrian Peterson?). Quinn has talent yes, but the Bears got to the Super Bowl, and Grossman isn't that bad, he shows signs of the talent that got him drafted in the 1st round. They aren't about to give up on him after Grossman's first (count it, first!!!) full year as a starter. Give them at least another year before anything about his future is decided.

Webb78OLman
02-05-2007, 12:29 AM

Ok, my bad, didn't look up the point system. I still don't think the trade makes any sense for the Bears.

Webb78OLman
02-05-2007, 12:34 AM

Actually, just looked up the point system, so I was right with my original guess of all Day 1 picks plus a 2nd round next year (600+276+120=996, difference of 354, and if the Bears go to the playoffs next year (very likely) a 2nd round pick makes the deal even). So that's 4 day 1 draft picks for Brady Quinn (makes a lot more sense for the dolphins than trading it for two 1st round picks, we do need more draft picks). There's no way the Bears make that deal. Maybe if Matt Muellen (spelling?) was in charge they might. It is an interesting idea, but it just wont' happen.

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 12:34 AM
You're missing the point. Brady Quinn is not good enough to justify trading up from 31st overall to 9th overall. He's just not. Plain and simple. And yes people sometimes fall farther than they are expected, so it is possible Quinn falls to us. I just don't see it happening because (a) Raiders can still take him (though they are more likely to take Russell), (b) the Lions need a young QB to train under Kitna (sound familiar? cough Carson Palmer cough), (c) Quinn really wants to play for the Browns, and Romeo Cronnell(spelling?) might not be sold on Frye, plus he's probably been in touch with Weis about Quinn, (d) then there are the other 5 teams in front of us that could trade down to someone else who wants him, including the Texans who might be shopping David Carr, meaning they have a QB opening (yes they'd rather take a RB, but if cleveland doesn't take Quinn do you really think they will pass on Adrian Peterson?). Quinn has talent yes, but the Bears got to the Super Bowl, and Grossman isn't that bad, he shows signs of the talent that got him drafted in the 1st round. They aren't about to give up on him after Grossman's first (count it, first!!!) full year as a starter. Give them at least another year before anything about his future is decided.

A.) THE raiders will take either Russel or Calvin Johnson
B.) The Lions coach Marillali (spelling) sad he will stick with Kitna, and the Lions Need O-line help Via Joe Thomas, and lastly the Lions are not the Bengals.
C.) It doesn't matter what the player wants, un less he is a premadonna example Eli Manning (which Quinn is not)
D.) The Texans need help all over and Carr will not be going anywhere.

The bears got to the Super Bowl with Grossmen because of the defence not the QB, HECK Orton won a lot of games. The Bears might believe a QB will puit them over the top. How many INTS did Grossman have in the Super Bowl? 2

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 12:36 AM
Ok, my bad, didn't look up the point system. I still don't think the trade makes any sense for the Bears.

The Key point is YOU dont think it makes sence...they might think it makes sence

Webb78OLman
02-05-2007, 12:36 AM
B.) The Lions coach Marillali (spelling) sad he will stick with Kitna, and the Lions Need O-line help Via Joe Thomas, and lastly the Lions are not the Bengals.
C.) It doesn't matter what the player wants, un less he is a premadonna example Eli Manning (which Quinn is not)

The bears got to the Super Bowl with Grossmen because of the defence not the QB, HECK Orton won a lot of games. The Bears might believe a QB will puit them over the top. How many INTS did Grossman have in the Super Bowl? 2

Exactly, Orton won a lot of games. So if someone like Orton can win, why do they need to trade a lot of picks for Brady Quinn? As for the Cleveland thing you might want to address my other point about Cleveland picking him, just just that Quinn wants to play there.

Webb78OLman
02-05-2007, 12:38 AM

By the way, saying the Raiders will take either Russel or Johnson is making the same mistake you are accusing me of by saying Quinn won't go past the Browns. Anything can happen.

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Actually, just looked up the point system, so I was right with my original guess of all Day 1 picks plus a 2nd round next year (600+276+120=996, difference of 354, and if the Bears go to the playoffs next year (very likely) a 2nd round pick makes the deal even). So that's 4 day 1 draft picks for Brady Quinn (makes a lot more sense for the dolphins than trading it for two 1st round picks, we do need more draft picks). There's no way the Bears make that deal. Maybe if Matt Muellen (spelling?) was in charge they might. It is an interesting idea, but it just wont' happen.

I dont think they would trade four day one picks thats why i think it is more likely they trade this and next years 1st and this years second rather than all of those other picks

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 12:40 AM
By the way, saying the Raiders will take either Russel or Johnson is making the same mistake you are accusing me of by saying Quinn won't go past the Browns. Anything can happen.

Mark my words in stone THE RAIDERS WILL DRAFT EITHER RUSSEL OR CALVIN JOHNSON!!!

Webb78OLman
02-05-2007, 12:41 AM
I dont think they would trade four day one picks thats why i think it is more likely they trade this and next years 1st and this years second rather than all of those other picks

Fine 3 Day 1 drafts picks, still doesn't make sense for Quinn. He is good, but he's not that good. For all we know he could turn into the next Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch (not saying it will happen, but it might). Trading that many picks for an unknown quantity when your team was one win away from winning the Super Bowl, especially when your QB only has had one full season. Give Grossman time. There's just no reason to say he can't be the guy yet.

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 12:43 AM
Exactly, Orton won a lot of games. So if someone like Orton can win, why do they need to trade a lot of picks for Brady Quinn? As for the Cleveland thing you might want to address my other point about Cleveland picking him, just just that Quinn wants to play there.

tHATS THE point they would trade those picks for Quinn because he is a solid QB prospect and would be an upgrade over both Orton and Grossman almost immediatly.

Also Cleveland may want to pick him I will give you that, but this trade scenario is assuming they pick Peterson ( which i could also see) or someone else that fills a need.

Alex44
02-05-2007, 12:43 AM
So we would be trading for the 31st overall pick this year, a late second, and a first next year that is going to be in the mid 20's at least?

No way I would do that. Forget the point system, the reason we are picking #9 is because we need a gamechanging player or two, Im not against trading down, but not that far down.

Webb78OLman
02-05-2007, 12:44 AM
So we would be trading for the 31st overall pick this year, a late second, and a first next year that is going to be in the mid 20's at least?

No way I would do that. Forget the point system, the reason we are picking #9 is because we need a gamechanging player or two, Im not against trading down, but not that far down.

Thank you, finally some support from someone.

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 12:46 AM
Fine 3 Day 1 drafts picks, still doesn't make sense for Quinn. He is good, but he's not that good. For all we know he could turn into the next Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch (not saying it will happen, but it might). Trading that many picks for an unknown quantity when your team was one win away from winning the Super Bowl, especially when your QB only has had one full season. Give Grossman time. There's just no reason to say he can't be the guy yet.

Grossman's inability to stay healthy is another reason they could do this trade.

Quinn would be better than Grossman because he very rareky make mistakes or bad throws that Grossman normally does, Watch him in the Super Bowl and against Miami and you will see that he does make a lot of mistakes, I know u cant judge a player on one game but....those games where pretty bad. He didnt help the Bears win a lot of games, Thomas Jones and Their Defense did that,

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 12:50 AM

oK i have no problem saying we need a Game changer but we Need more good players then game changers. Would you take 3 good-great players for 1 game changer I would in a heart beat exspecial with our team. We got a gamechanger last year, Culpepper and look where we are now.

LOL YOU SAY WE NEED A GAME CHANGER AND IN YOU MOCK DRAFT SIG. YOU HAVE USE GETTING LEVI BROWN... WOW!!! HOLD ON LET ME LAUGH

rob19

No, it probably wont happen, but my point was that the scenario HE laid out (point-wise) could actually happen. They dont follow the chart to the T, but if they wanted to make it completely even, then the 150 point difference i talked about earlier is a late 3rd or early 4th rounder.

Im not going to get into the actual football sense it makes, just pointing out that the scenario he said (point wise) is actually possible.

PublixSubsRule
i AM GOING TO BED NOW i WILL FINISH THIS ARGUEMNE IN THE MORNING

Alex44
02-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Grossman's inability to stay healthy is another reason they could do this trade.

Quinn would be better than Grossman because he very rareky make mistakes or bad throws that Grossman normally does, Watch him in the Super Bowl and against Miami and you will see that he does make a lot of mistakes, I know u cant judge a player on one game but....those games where pretty bad. He didnt help the Bears win a lot of games, Thomas Jones and Their Defense did that,

I understand the feeling of wanting to trade down to pick up more picks, and I feel the same way, but trading down to #31 just isnt going to give us much of an impact player most likely. An extra second is enticeing but the value just isnt there.

If Quinn is available Im sure someone with a better pick would be willing to trade down.

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 12:52 AM
No, it probably wont happen, but my point was that the scenario HE laid out (point-wise) could actually happen. They dont follow the chart to the T, but if they wanted to make it completely even, then the 150 point difference i talked about earlier is a late 3rd or early 4th rounder.

tHANKS AGAIN IT probably wont happen but it Could happen.

Alex44
02-05-2007, 12:53 AM
oK i have no problem saying we need a Game changer but we Need more good players then game changers. Would you take 3 good-great players for 1 game changer I would in a heart beat exspecial with our team. We got a gamechanger last year, Culpepper and look where we are now.

LOL YOU SAY WE NEED A GAME CHANGER AND IN YOU MOCK DRAFT SIG. YOU HAVE USE GETTING LEVI BROWN... WOW!!! HOLD ON LET ME LAUGH

LT is the most important position on the field right behind QB, and whether you admit it or not the offensive line does decide games. So yes a good young LT is a game changer. You dont have to score to change games, without the o-line NO-ONE scores.

Webb78OLman
02-05-2007, 12:53 AM

Yes, the Bears Defense wins their games, that's why you still give Grossman more time. He's still a young QB. Are you seriously going to give up on him now? He's still growing as a QB. Another years experience will probably take care of those bad throws.

Let's take a look at some stats from a Hall of Famer: John Elway first threw above 60% complete percentage in his 11th season. He didn't actually win a Super Bowl until the very end of his career. In fact he didn't look very good in his first 3 (3!!!!) super bowls (total stats: 669 yards, 2 TDs, 6 INT, and 46%). So based on that you would have give up on John Elway completely. I'm not saying that Grossman is Elway, I'm just saying the Bears need to be patient with him.

Webb78OLman
02-05-2007, 12:55 AM
LT is the most important position on the field right behind QB, and whether you admit it or not the offensive line does decide games. So yes a good young LT is a game changer. You dont have to score to change games, without the o-line NO-ONE scores.

Exactly, with a great offense line you can make average RB's and QB's look a lot better than they are. If we can upgrade our OL that will help us out a lot.

Regan21286
02-05-2007, 01:01 AM

thoughts...

Only way I'd trade a shot at Quinn to the Bears is if they give us Urlacher, Briggs, Ogunleye, Tank Johnson, Olin Kreutz, and Devin Hester. I thought the Bears would've been better off starting Griese than Grossman, who makes Joey Harrington look appealing.

rob19
02-05-2007, 01:03 AM

I would actually be pretty damn excited getting Brown inthe first and Kalil in the second. Those are the most important positions on the offensive line and we would be set for the next decade. Brown is probably one of the safer picks in the first round (he's no walter jones, but he could hold his own) and Kalil is a technician and has great hand placement and technique. The O-Line never gets any love :(

Alex44
02-05-2007, 01:04 AM
I would actually be pretty damn excited getting Brown inthe first and Kalil in the second. Those are the most important positions on the offensive line and we would be set for the next decade. Brown is probably one of the safer picks in the first round (he's no walter jones, but he could hold his own) and Kalil is a technician and has great hand placement and technique. The O-Line never gets any love :(

Definitely. Just look what happened to Edge in Arizona. He can't run behind that line because they can't block. James is a great runner but that like kills him.

Respect the line :yes:\

Oh and just to say....if we did trade all the way down to #31 Id take Kalil there.

rob19
02-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Definitely. Just look what happened to Edge in Arizona. He can't run behind that line because they can't block. James is a great runner but that like kills him.

Respect the line :yes:

I play offensive line so i know how important it is to have a solid line. Especially in a High school offense where you run the ball a good percentage of the time.

Alex44
02-05-2007, 01:09 AM
I play offensive line so i know how important it is to have a solid line. Especially in a High school offense where you run the ball a good percentage of the time.

I played QB two years ago and got I crushed every single play since we passed 80% of the time,.....our line sucked really really bad, so I also know how important it is.

rob19
02-05-2007, 01:21 AM
I played QB two years ago and got I crushed every single play since we passed 80% of the time,.....our line sucked really really bad, so I also know how important it is.

wow, passed 80 % of the time? I like to keep my QB clean so I never gave up a sack.:lol:

Alex44
02-05-2007, 01:23 AM
wow, passed 80 % of the time? I like to keep my QB clean so I never gave up a sack.:lol:

It was before high school so it was a city league (I guess it was 3 years ago...time flys) but the coach let me call the plays a few games because we werent winning anyway.....I liked passing :lol:

Roman529
02-05-2007, 02:31 AM
I could see the Bears trying to acquire Jake Plummer from Denver before they would trade up with us. Jake is probably only a little better than what they have, but I think he has a way better than Rex.

Lab3003
02-05-2007, 08:08 AM

thoughts...

This probably won't happen. If Brady Quinn falls to nine, the Dolphins won't trade him away without serious compensation which would make the deal unattractive, especially to a GM as intelligent as Jerry Angelo. Further, the Bears need improvements at DT and TE, and those positions could be filled adequately at #9.

If the Bears did however, perhaps because they suffered from mass delusion, decided to sacrifice so many picks for Quinn, then absolutely would not take only their two firsts and a second. They pick last in almost every round. For me, they would need to trade at least four picks away to me for Quinn if he were available.

Lab3003
02-05-2007, 08:11 AM

They get no love because the OL doesn't score points. I wouldn't want to waste a high pick on a linemen unless you guaranteed me that linemen would become Orlando Pace and not Robert Gallery. It's what Jimmy Johnson thought.

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 08:25 AM

Left Tackle is an important Position however, it is by far NO GAMECHANGER!!! I think our offensive line did at least average last year so a good young lt would not significantly change our offence.

I did not say that offensive line was not important i said LT is not a gamechanger

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Well if you all don't like the trade scenario with the Bears...How about if we traded with the Jaguars for their First this year and the second this year and next year

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Exactly, with a great offense line you can make average RB's and QB's look a lot better than they are. If we can upgrade our OL that will help us out a lot.

It might help us out alot however, Levi Brown is not a gamechanger, Joe Thomas might be. Our line did really well toward the end of the season.

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 08:32 AM

Did you watch the Senior Bowl? Levi got killed by the speed rushers, they blew right past him and would have killed who ever our QB will be. So he might even play Right tackle instead of Left

King Nate
02-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Did you watch the Senior Bowl? Levi got killed by the speed rushers, they blew right past him and would have killed who ever our QB will be. So he might even play Right tackle instead of Left

I'm sorry, I didn't read any of this thread. I just saw your user name and thought it was one of the best ones I have ever seen.

:lol:

Well done! :hi5:

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 08:43 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't read any of this thread. I just saw your user name and thought it was one of the best ones I have ever seen.

:lol:

Well done! :hi5:

Thanks, do you go to UCF?

rvicious
02-05-2007, 10:07 AM

thoughts...

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

dolpns13
02-05-2007, 03:37 PM
This probably won't happen. If Brady Quinn falls to nine, the Dolphins won't trade him away without serious compensation which would make the deal unattractive, especially to a GM as intelligent as Jerry Angelo. Further, the Bears need improvements at DT and TE, and those positions could be filled adequately at #9.

If the Bears did however, perhaps because they suffered from mass delusion, decided to sacrifice so many picks for Quinn, then absolutely would not take only their two firsts and a second. They pick last in almost every round. For me, they would need to trade at least four picks away to me for Quinn if he were available.

what are you talking about dude...DT is the farthest position the bears need to upgrade with Tank Johnson and Tommie Harris who are both pro bowlers...Desmond clark is a good TE, hes just getting old...They need an upgrade at outside Linebacker (WILL) (Briggs plays the SAM and that Heidelmierer? plays the weak I think) and maybe another shutdown corner...

dolpns13
02-05-2007, 03:45 PM

thoughts...

would never happen.

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Once

PublixSubsRule
02-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Once again lets say the trade would be with another team such as the Jaguars or such?

Alex44
02-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Once again lets say the trade would be with another team such as the Jaguars or such?

I'd think about it.

They seem to be the only team behind us within reasonable distance that MAY trade up for a QB. They may let Leftwich go and I dont see Garrard as a Franchise QB.

Lets forget about Quinn for a second. QB's arent the only position you may trade down for.

I think that the Rams and Panthers may be interested in trading up....why I dont know. I could just really see them doing that.

So in that case I think a fair price (Im not looking at the draft value chart so dont even bring it up)

Dolphins Get: Rams 1st and 3rd this year. Rams Second or third next year.

Rams Get: Dolphins 1st.

I don't know how the value chart looks...and it doesnt really matter to me. In that scenario I'd still take Levi Brown in the first, while having picked up an extra third and use that on either an OLB or Merriweather.

TexanPhinatic
02-05-2007, 08:38 PM
If Brady Quinn drops into our laps we do the intelligent thing and take him. Hes better than anyone else we have a reasonable shot at getting. Id rather take Quinn, over, say, Levi Brown and mid/late second roundrer. Thats about what it boils down to.
If we pass on Quinn or trade out of Quinn (barring a Ricky Williams/Herschel Walker type deal) it would be the biggest mistake this franchise has made since the hiring of Wanny.