PDA

View Full Version : who ya know...

Nick13
02-05-2007, 01:16 AM
i learned the craziest thing today...

so my roomate and i are watching the super bowl today and he's like 'yeah, my grand dad knows this guy who used to play for the dolphins...' and i was like 'oh thats neat' expecting some obscure name, some practice squad guy or something, and he's like 'yeah, his son got really hurt playing college ball, he's paralyzed now, i cant remember his name though...' at this point i'm salivating, and i'm like ' NICK BUIONICONTI!?!?' and my roomate is like 'yeah, apparently he won some super bowls or something...' and i'm like ' CHHH! YEAH! undefeated 72 team and the 73 team!!! and your grandpa knows him??!!" and he's like 'oh yeah, they're like best friends, Nick used to always help my mom get out of trouble when she was growing up'

and i was like :eek: !!!!!

crazy the things you never knew about people!

Roman529
02-05-2007, 01:20 AM
I had a similar moment tonight. I was at a Superbowl party with my older brother and about fifteen people. My brother told me that his fiance's mom lives in Indiana, and that she had cataract surgery, and the eye doctor who did the surgery was Rex Grossman's father. Small world.

phinphan4life
02-05-2007, 01:24 AM
I had a similar moment tonight. I was at a Superbowl party with my older brother and about fifteen people. My brother told me that his fiance's mom lives in Indiana, and that she had lasik surgery, and the eye doctor who did the surgery was Rex Grossman's father. Small world.

:sidelol::rofl3::roflmao:That's pretty harsh my friend.

Aqua4Ever04
02-05-2007, 01:25 AM
I play online Madden and wound up head to head with Chris Gamble of the Carolina Panthers.

Hardpoint
02-05-2007, 02:12 AM
I had a sorta similar experience in Cincinnati. I ran into this kid in a McDonald's in East Cincy area who was wearing an aqua 13 jersey. Since the kid was like 13, I had to say something. He told me his teacher was a former Dolphin. I asked the guys' name and then looked him up. He wasn't a big time player or anything, but he did play on the Fins in the late 90s I think. Now he's a history teacher in Ohio.

I love running into Dol-Fans outside of the Miami area. It's so special. I reside in Champaign, IL, so it always surprises me to find another one of us out here. One of the guys I work with used to work is a programmer who worked for the Dolphins' official website a few years ago.

Like you said...small world.

Ronnie23Brown
02-05-2007, 02:15 AM
I play online Madden and wound up head to head with Chris Gamble of the Carolina Panthers.

Not really doubting you, but how do you know for sure it was Chris Gamble of the Panthers?

GridIronKing34
02-05-2007, 02:18 AM
One of my friends are related to Sage Rosenfels. Also my Physics teachers brother is one of U of Iowa's D-linemen, Mitch King... That's honestly all I can think of at the moment haha.

djavelin
02-05-2007, 03:16 AM
I was at a niner game in 01.
I talked to Madison,Surtain.That was cool.I wish we had them still.But its for the better.

Montana goes to this coffee shop near my house.He was 2 feet from me.I just glared at him.Hes a whinner.

Oh yeah i was Kyle Pettys honerary crew chief at the dogde save mart 350 at sears point raceway.I have so many pics,riding on his golf cart to the garage.

Go Dolphins............#1:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Fresh
02-05-2007, 03:23 AM
There's some former Hurricane that wears #89.

I tend to refer to his parents & Auntie Nat & Uncle Lloyd. :lol:

shula_guy
02-05-2007, 04:19 AM
I use to live in a small town in northen NJ back in the eighties. It happened to be the same town that Jim Kicks mom lived in. I was a young boy at the time, preteen. My dad was a member of the american legion there and I would spend lots of time with dad at the bar there. there were many times jim kick and larry czonka would come in there and have drinks.

CCMiamiDolphins
02-05-2007, 04:41 AM
My friends cousin is Gary Brackett of the Colts, and she got to go to the Super Bowl today. It was fun talking smack on her all year about how Ronnie Brown would run him over, and how hes a baby for not playing some games this year, just to get under her skin. Now since he won, I guess I cant say anything. But congrads to him though and the Colts.

Roman529
02-05-2007, 04:53 AM
Someone on this site is related to Jay Fiedler...they always have turkey with Jay during Thanksgiving...I can't think of who it is at the moment. He is probably in hiding.....the FH member, not Jay. :lol:

Dolfan984
02-05-2007, 05:29 AM
I was at a niner game in 01.
I talked to Madison,Surtain.That was cool.I wish we had them still.But its for the better.

Montana goes to this coffee shop near my house.He was 2 feet from me.I just glared at him.Hes a whinner.

Oh yeah i was Kyle Pettys honerary crew chief at the dogde save mart 350 at sears point raceway.I have so many pics,riding on his golf cart to the garage.

Go Dolphins............#1:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Kinda funny, I was at that 01 Niners game too, and talked to Madison. :lol: dead serious

edit: actually I was on finheaven back then too, but i dont think I talked about it since we got freakin shutout

lol i was looking at posts back then and saw this, this remind you of anyone?

5- Jay Fiedler is inconsistant & incorrigible... he missed Chambers 2 times deep and threw 2 int's were no Fins were near:mad:
Our Ol sucked today but he still threw the ball to the other team...

sorry bout post getting a little off topic :)

woody1351
02-05-2007, 11:20 AM
one of my friends in high school is dating matt roths cousin. one of my good friends is friends with ed hartwell of the falcons. hes one of the nicest guys youll ever meet.

retired opfinistic
02-05-2007, 11:23 AM
I played pee-wee football against Craig Erikson (former backup under Marino) back in the day. He was a DB and had a pick against us that won the game.

Noodle Arm
02-05-2007, 11:31 AM
My high school counselor was a member of the '72 Phins team. He wore his ring proudly (it was beautiful). His name is Larry Ball...great guy.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Predaphin
02-05-2007, 12:40 PM
:lol:
I had a similar moment tonight. I was at a Superbowl party with my older brother and about fifteen people. My brother told me that his fiance's mom lives in Indiana, and that she had cataract surgery, and the eye doctor who did the surgery was Rex Grossman's father. Small world.

With all those interceptions, you'd think maybe he's give his son a "touch up".:lol:

sirvmac
02-05-2007, 03:26 PM
I had a sorta similar experience in Cincinnati. I ran into this kid in a McDonald's in East Cincy area who was wearing an aqua 13 jersey. Since the kid was like 13, I had to say something. He told me his teacher was a former Dolphin. I asked the guys' name and then looked him up. He wasn't a big time player or anything, but he did play on the Fins in the late 90s I think. Now he's a history teacher in Ohio.

I love running into Dol-Fans outside of the Miami area. It's so special. I reside in Champaign, IL, so it always surprises me to find another one of us out here. One of the guys I work with used to work is a programmer who worked for the Dolphins' official website a few years ago.

Like you said...small world.

Do u go to University of Illinois by chance? I love seeing dolphin fans also, especially here in Illinois. Makes me proud to be a fin fan.

Sethdaddy8
02-05-2007, 03:36 PM
I went to the University of Maryland for a while, got to know a few guys well, Lamont Jordan, Lou Sanders, Eric Hicks, Kevin Plank (Under Armour CEO), but I was closest with Eric Barton. John Leclair is a good friend of my family too. Know a couple of writers and not so mega famous actors as well. Thats about it for me.

vmarcilfan75
02-05-2007, 03:58 PM
I know NOONE and proud of it :lol:

FINdestructible
02-05-2007, 05:04 PM
I played against Brian Griese when i played Pop Warner. :confused2

......................and won. :D