PDA

View Full Version : Merriweather

SR 7
02-05-2007, 05:35 AM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospects/brandon_meriweather.html

I like this kids abilities although i hate what he did during that game (hopefully just a one time thing considering it was 234234 players involved as well)

I think he can bring some attitude and toughness in round 2 to our SS spot and to the secondary.

KingCrowder
02-05-2007, 06:36 AM
Drafting Him would make me very happy

Elliott 1
02-05-2007, 08:48 AM
We will resign Bell, Hill will start again and Allen will get a lot of playing time and may start sometime next year. Our fourth safety, if we even carry one, will be someone we don't have to pay jack... to. They will probably keep at least one safety on the practice suad. As far as drafting one; maybe if we have a late round pick who we think will be a great special teams guy. Otherwise safety is way down the list behind OL,WR,QB,DT,CB,TE. Forget about Merriweather, it will never happen.

MiamiDolphins34
02-05-2007, 09:15 AM
We will resign Bell, Hill will start again and Allen will get a lot of playing time and may start sometime next year. Our fourth safety, if we even carry one, will be someone we don't have to pay jack... to. They will probably keep at least one safety on the practice suad. As far as drafting one; maybe if we have a late round pick who we think will be a great special teams guy. Otherwise safety is way down the list behind OL,WR,QB,DT,CB,TE. Forget about Merriweather, it will never happen.

You dont mention LB as a need?:o

Btw Merriweather can play cb too.

Motion
02-05-2007, 09:22 AM
You dont mention LB as a need?:o

Btw Merriweather can play cb too.

Really? How much CB did he play in college?

I'd much rather have Reggie Nelson or Laron Landry.

phinphanforever
02-05-2007, 09:24 AM
I don't know if the Dolphins will go DB on the first day but I think this kid is going to be a very solid pro. He has big play ability. His only downside is his size. I just can't see the Dolphins drafting another safety that high.

DRNEWBEE
02-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Big-time safety would be nice. Someone to hit the crap out of AFC East Receivers.

305finforlife
02-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Draft Brandon M. and move Jason Allen to CB (BM is not scared to hit anybody, Jason seemed timid or was that just the play calling)

Dolfan11
02-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Draft Brandon M. and move Jason Allen to CB (BM is not scared to hit anybody, Jason seemed timid or was that just the play calling)

Agree 100% Merriweather in the second would be incredible, considering Allen can be moved and play effectively as a starter at CB. If not, I think Jason Allen can make a fine saftey in this league. Just not sure about his potential at CB.

DaFish
02-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Believe me as a Clemson fan and watching Reggie almost every game, this guy is clutch. He only gets stronger as the game goes on.

DaFish
02-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Sorry...too quick on the draw. Wrong Merriweather. Although I would love to have Reggie.

FinIowa85
02-05-2007, 03:37 PM
look at what bob sanders did for the colts..........having a safety that will come up and nock guys on their *** will make any defense stable. We need a guy like that. Merriweather might be that guy.

TotoreMexico
02-05-2007, 03:40 PM

Yeah, ask Ben Watson :rolleyes:

alen1
02-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Drafting Him would make me very happy

^^^ deff that .... i luv the kid and hes from da U. theyr the best college in ncaa history regardless of last years record.

Motion
02-05-2007, 05:04 PM
A change of scenery would probably be the best thing for this guy.

RUDEbyallMEANS
02-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Do not pass up on Laron Landry!!! He's all you can ask for in a football player and a prospect. Excellent explosiveness, the size, the smarts and the passion for the game. Having Allen and Landry side by side at safety would be a fantastic duo 2 years from now.

SR 7
02-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Do not pass up on Laron Landry!!! He's all you can ask for in a football player and a prospect. Excellent explosiveness, the size, the smarts and the passion for the game. Having Allen and Landry side by side at safety would be a fantastic duo 2 years from now.

landry would be a perfect fit at SS and merriweather would be good as well but he is a "lil" small for SS but hey, bell is almost the same size.

LOCAL SCUM!
02-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Big-time safety would be nice. Someone to hit the crap out of AFC East Receivers.

As much as I LOVE the Philosophy of "Just draft anybody from 'THE U' and it will pay off, I REALLY dont like or see us drafting Another safety 2 years in a row with our TOP pick. Screw that! We gotta get the BEST OFFENISVE PLAYER AVAILABLE. Offense, Offense, Offense.

miamiron
02-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Yeah, ask Ben Watson :rolleyes:

The sad part about this is you can pick out the one and only(the interception also)play Allen had made all last year :shakeno: and last time I checked 1-2 plays does not get you the ticket to Hawaii or even starting for that matter.

SR 7
02-05-2007, 05:40 PM
The sad part about this is you can pick out the one and only(the interception also)play Allen had made all last year :shakeno: and last time I checked 1-2 plays does not get you the ticket to Hawaii or even starting for that matter.

and the worst part is, this is coming from a man that im assuming watches football. Sorry but avg. about 4 snaps in a 16 week period wont get ANYONE a ticket to hawaii. loll this isnt the nba bro.

dolfan121
02-05-2007, 08:38 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospects/brandon_meriweather.html

I like this kids abilities although i hate what he did during that game (hopefully just a one time thing considering it was 234234 players involved as well)

I think he can bring some attitude and toughness in round 2 to our SS spot and to the secondary.
I think if he bulked up, he could be another Bob Sanders