PDA

View Full Version : Tony Dungy gets his championship, so what's next?

Vertical Limit
02-05-2007, 01:18 PM
I heard some rumors and speculation earlier in the season that this could have been his final year, especially with the thing that happened to his Son and all. So I'm wondering, does he take the championship, retires, and leaves on top, or does he return next season?

I think there's a good chance he will return, but I would not be surprised if he left either. If he leaves, that will be a big blow to the Colts, especially since he's the perfect kind of coach for the character of that team.

Enforcerfin33
02-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Well, he said he didn't want to coach over fifty, and he just won a SB, BUT, I think the repeat bug will get him, he'll come back atleast one or two more yrs.

Motion
02-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Tony Dungy last night became the first black coach to win the Super Bowl in the 41-year history of the game, leading the Colts to a 29-17 victory over the Bears. Now the question is: Will he be back next season to defend his title? Dungy was somewhat evasive after the game about his plans, deflecting questions about his intentions for the 2007 season. (http://www.newsday.com/sports/printedition/ny-spdungy055081372feb05,0,4235943,print.story?coll=ny-sports-print) "We have a party tonight, a parade in Indianapolis tomorrow, and we'll probably go to the White House," Dungy said. "Those are the things I'm thinking about right now. I'll talk with my wife and see where we are, but right now, we've got some celebrating to do."

Mindwarp
02-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Colts also have a buttload of FA next year and no money. Im sure that will have some play in his decision

NJFINSFAN1
02-05-2007, 04:23 PM
I heard some rumors and speculation earlier in the season that this could have been his final year, especially with the thing that happened to his Son and all. So I'm wondering, does he take the championship, retires, and leaves on top, or does he return next season?

I think there's a good chance he will return, but I would not be surprised if he left either. If he leaves, that will be a big blow to the Colts, especially since he's the perfect kind of coach for the character of that team.

I think he will be back, but if he wants to walk away and be with his family, more power to him.

Not only is he a good coach, but he is a strong character person.