PDA

View Full Version : Wade or Bron?

FinNasty
02-05-2007, 02:38 PM
I used to think they were pretty much a 1a and 1b... but I now think Wade has taken a step to be ahead of Bron. Is it me, or does Bron just look bored and disinterested this season?

I think the difference between the 2 players was clear when they played each other. Both had pretty poor games... but when the 4th quarter came around... Wade took over, and Bron was almost non-existant...

As of right now, who do you think is better? Wade or Bron?

FinNasty
02-05-2007, 02:57 PM
3 people have voted Bron over Wade so far... but with no explaination why...

So I ask... why Bron?

Bron - 26.6

Assists:
Wade - 7.8
Bron - 6.0

Rebounds:
Wade - 5.0
Bron - 6.8

Field Goal %:
Wade - 48.5%
Bron - 47.6%

Free Throw %:
Wade - 81.1%
Bron - 68.4%

Steals:
Wade - 2.13
Bron - 1.63

Blocks:
Wade - 1.18
Bron - 0.63

So statistically, Wade is beating Bron at about everything other than rebounds... which Wade does a pretty solid job at too. Not to mention, what Wade has accomplished vs. Bron (1 ring + Finals MVP)...

Then, factor in Wade's killer instinct and ability to take over in the 4th quarter... which Bron lacks...

I dont get how you can vote Bron. I'm not saying you are wrong and I am right... but back up your opinion...

phinman1
02-05-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm no Heat fan or Wade fan, but there is no question Wade is playing better ball at the moment. In their latest matchup, Wade attacked relentlessly while LeBron seemed content to coast. I know he has a toe injury, but there seems to be more to it than that. He may be exhausted mentally.

NJFINSFAN1
02-05-2007, 04:14 PM
If I'm building a team and you aid I could take one or the other, I'm taking Lebron. If you ask me who is playing better right now, I would give the edge to Wade, but he also benifits from having a Championship team around him also.

FinNasty
02-05-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm no Heat fan or Wade fan, but there is no question Wade is playing better ball at the moment. In their latest matchup, Wade attacked relentlessly while LeBron seemed content to coast. I know he has a toe injury, but there seems to be more to it than that. He may be exhausted mentally.

See, my roommates and I were talking... and it just looks like LeBron doesnt care when he plays. To us, it looks like the fact that the Cavs have put no one around him is really taking its toll on him. He just doesnt seem to care... and is just on auto-pilot this season...

Alex44
02-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Wade is clutch and Lebron isn't.

They put on similar numbers but in the clutch Wade excels, so you have to vote Wade.

1a) Kobe
1b) Wade (and closing the gap on Kobe)
2) Lebron

FinNasty
02-05-2007, 04:34 PM
If I'm building a team and you aid I could take one or the other, I'm taking Lebron. If you ask me who is playing better right now, I would give the edge to Wade, but he also benifits from having a Championship team around him also.

Fair enough...

However, this "Championship Team" that Wade has around him isnt that great. There is Shaq who has barely played all season... so he hasnt really been much of a factor. Haslem is solid, Kapono has emerged... but the team isnt exactly stacked with talent.

Alex44
02-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Fair enough...

However, this "Championship Team" that Wade has around him isnt that great. There is Shaq who has barely played all season... so he hasnt really been much of a factor. Haslem is solid, Kapono has emerged... but the team isnt exactly stacked with talent.

Jason Williams and Shaq have missed a lot of games. Without those two the Cavs supporting cast is far better.

phinman1
02-05-2007, 04:42 PM
See, my roommates and I were talking... and it just looks like LeBron doesnt care when he plays. To us, it looks like the fact that the Cavs have put no one around him is really taking its toll on him. He just doesnt seem to care... and is just on auto-pilot this season...

While saying he doesn't care may be going a bit far, I know what you mean. You think MJ would go through the motions? I say MJ because I'm sure James wants to be compared to him someday.

Wade hasn't had a picnic either, and look at him battle for everything. He also played over the summer and has been a banged up one man show. However, one must remember that he is physically and mentally more mature than LeBron. We forget that Lebron is only 21, and the whirlwind of the past 3 years may finally be wearing on him a bit.

Alex44
02-05-2007, 04:47 PM
While saying he doesn't care may be going a bit far, I know what you mean. You think MJ would go through the motions? I say MJ because I'm sure James wants to be compared to him someday.

Wade hasn't had a picnic either, and look at him battle for everything. He also played over the summer and has been a banged up one man show. However, one must remember that he is physically and mentally more mature than LeBron. We forget that Lebron is only 21, and the whirlwind of the past 3 years may finally be wearing on him a bit.

Even when Wade was a rookie (or even in college) he never went through the motions or gave up even in bad situations. We werent supposed to make the playoffs that year....and we did. We were supposed to lose to the Hornets...we won. The Pacers were supposed to kill us and we gave them all they would handle. (You can go back into the NCAA tournament to)

I dont know if the age excuse works.....it just seems like when the odds are against him Wade plays well while Lebron just goes through the motions most of the time.

phinman1
02-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Even when Wade was a rookie (or even in college) he never went through the motions or gave up even in bad situations. We werent supposed to make the playoffs that year....and we did. We were supposed to lose to the Hornets...we won. The Pacers were supposed to kill us and we gave them all they would handle. (You can go back into the NCAA tournament to)

I dont know if the age excuse works.....it just seems like when the odds are against him Wade plays well while Lebron just goes through the motions most of the time.

Look, from years 18-21 you can't compare what Wade went through as opposed to LeBron. Without going into detail, generally speaking LeBron played a ton more games during that period, and had a ton more pressure, both on and off the court.

Section126
02-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Fair enough...

That "Championship" team was good enough to win the NBA Finals with SHAQ averaging 9 ppg.

I think you underestimate the Heat's talent.

Fresh
02-05-2007, 05:04 PM
I'm not gonna go too much into detail, because as most of you have seen.. I've explained myself before when calling Kobe > Wade > LeBron in that order. With that said, I'll just drop a few details:

-LeBron was rookie of the year, but guess what? Wade is an NBA Finals MVP
-Dwyane Wade is a far better leader.
-Dwyane Wade is way, way, way more clutch.
-Dwyane Wade > LeBron in everything but SIZE and REBOUNDING. Everything.
-LeBron James disappears in the clutch.
-EDIT: LeBron James is also a better 3pt shooter, but who cares?
-LeBron James is an average-at-best FT shooter.

Ohhhhh, and how could I forget! LeBron is a more exciting dunker. :rolleyes2

Interesting stat:
This year, Miami is 1-7 without Wade (10-20% all-time). Cleveland is 8-2 all-time without LBJ.

^If that stat doesn't interest you, then you don't belong in this discussion.

dominizzo
02-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Dwayne wade Hands down!!

i think Wade is better than Kobe

In_Flames
02-05-2007, 07:45 PM
I got Wade on this one as well...coming from a Spurs fan :wink:

FinNasty
02-05-2007, 09:43 PM
That "Championship" team was good enough to win the NBA Finals with SHAQ averaging 9 ppg.

I think you underestimate the Heat's talent.

Ya, but mainly because Wade was absolutly going off...

Its not like we have all stars on our team other than Wade. Shaq when healthy is good, but he isnt dominant anymore.

I mean, look at the Suns. They have 3 All Star calibur players. I'm saying, w/o Wade, our team isnt even considered for the playoffs. It isnt like Wade is just surrounded with a bunch of guys that are dominant as well.

Is Wade's supporting cast better than LeBrons? Definatly...

Is it even close to a "championship" team w/o Wade? Not close...

King Felix
02-05-2007, 09:47 PM
wade, i was lebron last year

this topic is rehashed and old

FinNasty
02-05-2007, 10:03 PM
wade, i was lebron last year

this topic is rehashed and old

Of course it is. In fact, I started this same thread last year. They are always going to be compared to each other, being in the same draft class and all...

But it changes. Last year, I think Bron led the poll. This year its Wade...

Crunkcore
02-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Wade is.

Fresh
02-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Dwayne wade Hands down!!

i think Wade is better than Kobe

I'd rather have Wade on my team, but overall, not yet.

Kobe's defense separates the two. They're the two best players though.

WestCKoastiN
02-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Can't hate Wade has the ring, but throw kobe in the mix i know who i like

Section126
02-05-2007, 11:13 PM

Its not like we have all stars on our team other than Wade. Shaq when healthy is good, but he isnt dominant anymore.

I mean, look at the Suns. They have 3 All Star calibur players. I'm saying, w/o Wade, our team isnt even considered for the playoffs. It isnt like Wade is just surrounded with a bunch of guys that are dominant as well.

There isn't a team in the league that can lose their best player and still remain a championship contender.

The Suns are the closest. They lost Amare, but found a guy that filled the void in Diaw...but the key there is Nash..they lose Nash..they are done...Dallas loses Dirk...Spurs lose Timmy...etc..etc...Hell...the Pistons lost Billups for 6 games this year and lost them all.

Vertical Limit
02-05-2007, 11:15 PM

Without Wade, we aren't even going past the 1st round.

Fresh
02-06-2007, 03:13 AM
There isn't a team in the league that can lose their best player and still remain a championship contender.

The Suns are the closest. They lost Amare, but found a guy that filled the void in Diaw...but the key there is Nash..they lose Nash..they are done...Dallas loses Dirk...Spurs lose Timmy...etc..etc...Hell...the Pistons lost Billups for 6 games this year and lost them all.

Right, and Cleveland would be garbage without LBJ for a full season.

However, people have to take into account that they're 8-2 all-time when he's not in the line-up.........that's an incredible number. Factual too; I heard it the other night when they played without him (the ESPN News highlights stated the record)

phinphan896
02-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Ill take wade just because you know he'll perform great in the playoffs. Wade has been playing great in the playoffs since his rookie year. Everyone remembers that dunk over Jermaine Oneal and that game winning shot over the hornets. During the postseason he just elevates his game to a new level. Im not saying Lebron is bad, im just saying Wade plays like a man on a mission in the playoffs

W.Welker83
02-06-2007, 06:01 PM
The way that most sport writers judge a player is by championships...
Wade:1
LeBron: 0
Wade is the better all around player.

Amars
02-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Lebron has been regressing and Wade is progressing. Bron has been doing good every year until this one.

Boik14
02-07-2007, 12:14 AM
I like both players but i think theres 2 things that sets them apart.

1. Wade really takes everyone around him to a higher level. Last season Bron was doing that. This year for whatever reason it doesnt seem like he is. Then again Clevelands supporting cast is old/slow (big Z), inconsistant at best (gooden), strictly a passer (snow), and often injured/inconsistant (hughes). Wade though really seems willing to carry a team on his back and do whatever it takes. He seems to have more of that killer instinct.

2. I think Cleveland uses Bron wrong right now. There was an article a few weeks ago that said they should use Bron like Dallas used to use Mashburn. Foget that, they should use him like LAL used Magic and put more motion in their offense. Gibson has to start though because snow just stinks on offense. You cant have a guard that stinks on offense. Centers I can understand cause theyre tougher to find but snow should be a bench player. If they left the ball in brons hands more and installed more of a princeton offense with people cutting to the hoop it would make bron harder to double and he'd rack up the assists.

Cleveland is clearly still missing pieces though and im not sure they wont have to rebuild to get the pieces they need for Lebron to be successful.

UCFinfan86
02-07-2007, 11:27 AM
I like both players but i think theres 2 things that sets them apart.

1. Wade really takes everyone around him to a higher level. Last season Bron was doing that. This year for whatever reason it doesnt seem like he is. Then again Clevelands supporting cast is old/slow (big Z), inconsistant at best (gooden), strictly a passer (snow), and often injured/inconsistant (hughes). Wade though really seems willing to carry a team on his back and do whatever it takes. He seems to have more of that killer instinct.

2. I think Cleveland uses Bron wrong right now. There was an article a few weeks ago that said they should use Bron like Dallas used to use Mashburn. Foget that, they should use him like LAL used Magic and put more motion in their offense. Gibson has to start though because snow just stinks on offense. You cant have a guard that stinks on offense. Centers I can understand cause theyre tougher to find but snow should be a bench player. If they left the ball in brons hands more and installed more of a princeton offense with people cutting to the hoop it would make bron harder to double and he'd rack up the assists.

Cleveland is clearly still missing pieces though and im not sure they wont have to rebuild to get the pieces they need for Lebron to be successful.

Whenever i watch a game and Bron is playing PG, he NEVER passes. He would dribble down the court and then do his thing and never looks to pass. When he's playing SG/SF he seems more willing to. Although i have only watched about 3 Cleveland games this year, so i dont think a big sample size.

nick1
02-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Wade is more verstile, he can play point and rack up assists. he can play SG and rack up points. he's a good defender and rebounder. I pick him though mainly because he can play point and is more clutch

FINdestructible
02-07-2007, 01:00 PM
They are both extremely talented, but D Wade's mentality & court vision is what puts him above Lebron.

dreday
02-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Bron Bron is really talented..but you cant take away anything that Wade does out there.If I had to flip a quarter,both sides would read Wade.