PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Military Using Metallica Songs to Terrify Captured Iraqis

Muck
06-13-2003, 12:30 PM
<insert new album joke here>

Associated Press
Jun. 13, 2003 07:31 AM

Metallica's Lars Ulrich isn't happy that the U.S. military has reportedly used the group's music to terrify captured Iraqis.

Speaking in Europe, the drummer said he feels horrible about it.

According to VH1, he says if the Army just has to play loud music during interrogations, it should find something really grating like songs by the group Venom or by Norwegian death metal bands.

Ulrich is quoted as saying there's nothing he can do about Metallica's music being used.

"What am I supposed to do about it "get George Bush on the phone and tell him to get his generals to play some Venom?" he asked.

WharfRat
06-13-2003, 03:31 PM
:rockon:

I remember a similar tactic used in Panama several years back... only it was Van Halen being blasted over the loudspeakers....

I think "King of Pain" would be a good song to play before interrogating a suspect :evil:

Cranx
06-13-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Muck
&lt;insert new album joke here&gt;

Associated Press
Jun. 13, 2003 07:31 AM

Metallica's Lars Ulrich isn't happy that the U.S. military has reportedly used the group's music to terrify captured Iraqis.

Speaking in Europe, the drummer said he feels horrible about it.

According to VH1, he says if the Army just has to play loud music during interrogations, it should find something really grating like songs by the group Venom or by Norwegian death metal bands.

Ulrich is quoted as saying there's nothing he can do about Metallica's music being used.

&quot;What am I supposed to do about it &quot;get George Bush on the phone and tell him to get his generals to play some Venom?&quot; he asked.

After listening to their most recent offering, I can understand how it could be terrifying. Could you imagine having to listen to the St. Anger CD over and over again? That might just be considered cruel and unusual punishment! :eek:

:lol:

Armored Saint
06-14-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Expo88

After listening to their most recent offering, I can understand how it could be terrifying. Could you imagine having to listen to the St. Anger CD over and over again? That might just be considered cruel and unusual punishment! :eek:

:lol:

Agreed. St. Anger was hell for me to get through and I'm a Metallica fan. I can't imagine how it would be for an unsuspecting Ba'ath party member.
:eek: :lol: