PDA

View Full Version : My Valentines Day Curse

Vertical Limit
02-05-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm bored, so I guess I will share something with everyone here.

I'm cursed. Every year, I've been single on Valentines Day. I haven't even come close, I mean I had dated a lot in the past, but for some reason, I've always been single on Valentines. So I never really had a "Valentine".

But now, I'm with this girl named Brittany. We really like each other a lot, and we enjoy our time together. I met her 2-3 weeks ago, and we immediately fell for each other. At times, we can't stop talking to each other. Sometimes I can't go a minute without talking to her.

I hope she breaks the "curse", cause yeah, as much as I enjoy watching sports [NBA ON ESPN WEDNESDAYS..], you kind of feel like a loser the next day when someone tells you what they did for valentines and then asks you 'So what did you do for Valentines?'. :lol:

Anyways, I need some advice on gifts and stuff for Valentines, and I would like to hear what you people usually plan or do on this day with your partner to get some ideas [btw, keep your sex stories to yourself , I think that would be a violation to the forum's TOS. :lol:].

vmarcilfan75
02-05-2007, 03:03 PM
valentines day = OVERRATED!!

yes im single :lol: :boohoo:

Vertical Limit
02-05-2007, 03:04 PM

:sidelol: I've been saying the same damn thing for the past several years buddy.

PhinzN703
02-05-2007, 03:10 PM
It's overrated for us guys who are married. When I was single it was a big deal cause it kinda told the chick you liked what kind of guy you are. But now, once you've been together for a few years, you realize that the relationship is the best part of Valentine's Day, rather then the commercialized gifts and accessories.

Ideas - Flowers always rock, teddy bears, candies, dinner, take her someplace outside/picnic/starry walk (I didnt look to see where you lived, obviously if you're in Chicago you won't be outside).

Hopefully she'll appreciate whatever you do for her. Just give it your best shot

vmarcilfan75
02-05-2007, 03:13 PM
hmm 2-3 weeks.:hmmm:
find out her favorite chocolate and movie/CD and buy that for her. Kind of early for roses plus they jack up the prices this month :shakeno:

Mindwarp
02-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Buy her a perfume.. best one for her and you to enjoy = L'eau D'Issey FOR WOMEN by Issey Miyak about $70.00 for it.

unluckyluciano
02-05-2007, 03:49 PM

Ive been in relationships and I still think its way overrated. If you got to wait for commercials to tell you to pay attention to your girl theres something more wrong there.

Ideas- take her to dinner for once not a sports bar :D

UltraDol-Fan
02-05-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm thinking it may be time to break out the mix tape

FinsNCanes
02-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Valentines is a craptastic "holiday". I'm usually single around that time except a couple years ago, but even then it was stupid.

I can take a girl out to dinner, buy her things, have her dress like a whore and it doesn't have to fall on Valentines. Well..good luck :cooldude:

BritP
02-05-2007, 07:55 PM
your relationship is still new, so tread carefully in the gift giving department. Find out what she likes and buy her something 'cute' but not crazy serious. Girls are funny. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Hee Hee :lol:

Roman529
02-05-2007, 07:57 PM

I'm cursed. Every year, I've been single on Valentines Day. I haven't even come close, I mean I had dated a lot in the past, but for some reason, I've always been single on Valentines. So I never really had a "Valentine".

But now, I'm with this girl named Brittany. We really like each other a lot, and we enjoy our time together. I met her 2-3 weeks ago, and we immediately fell for each other. At times, we can't stop talking to each other. Sometimes I can't go a minute without talking to her.

I hope she breaks the "curse", cause yeah, as much as I enjoy watching sports [NBA ON ESPN WEDNESDAYS..], you kind of feel like a loser the next day when someone tells you what they did for valentines and then asks you 'So what did you do for Valentines?'. :lol:

Anyways, I need some advice on gifts and stuff for Valentines, and I would like to hear what you people usually plan or do on this day with your partner to get some ideas [btw, keep your sex stories to yourself , I think that would be a violation to the forum's TOS. :lol:].

Don't be bummed...think of all the money you saved on Valentines...no candy, chocolate, jewelry, big fancy dinners. I got engaged on Valentine's Day in 1996, but 10 months later we went our seperate ways....best move I ever made as she turned into a real loser. You're still young.....you got lotsa time. :wink:

Dolfan984
02-05-2007, 07:59 PM
This one time on VD I got VD....oh wait no sex stories? ah crap

chicks love flowers, get them flowers and something else and you're probably set

BritP
02-05-2007, 08:00 PM
This one time on VD I got VD....oh wait no sex stories? ah crap

chicks love flowers, get them flowers and something else and you're probably set

Flowers are always a good choice.

d-day
02-05-2007, 08:02 PM
get her the new lily allen cd - that's what i'd get me but already have it

BritP
02-05-2007, 08:05 PM
get her the new lily allen cd - that's what i'd get me but already have it

Damn it d-day, now I have to return your Valentine's day present and get you something else. :boohoo:

jason8er
02-05-2007, 08:06 PM

Westin Hotels usually have some good V-Day offers. Buck fifty a night or so will get you Champagne and strawberries apon arrival, full breakfast in bed, and a 4pm checkout.......bada-bing!

BritP
02-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Westin Hotels usually have some good V-Day offers. Buck fifty a night or so will get you Champagne and strawberries apon arrival, full breakfast in bed, and a 4pm checkout.......bada-bing!

WOW, that is impressive.

FinsNCanes
02-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Yeah..flowers..pains in the *** I tell ya.

It seems when I start buying girls things they get rid of me. Odd..isn't it?

I took one girl on a cruise, shortly after that was done. I bought one chick a tennis bracelet, shortly after..bye bye. There's been a couple more times where that's happened. Although this one isn't romantic I once got a chick a ****ing TV for her room cause she wanted one, then she left me :lol: .

Although neither of those were around Valentines..

SuavePhin
02-05-2007, 08:10 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=119966&highlight=valentines+day

Blast from the past, and i think its worth a repeat ;) Greatest V-day Post EVER!

"haha.

I dont give Chocolate anymore...... a few years ago it ended up getting me into a fight. The g/f was eating the chocolate I got her and she made a comment about how she was eating like a pig and how the chocolate was going to make her fat...... I said something sarcastically.... I dont remember what...... but it turned into a fight where I somehow said she was a fat pig or something.

Lesson learned: chocolate or any sort of food substance (including edible panties) can indirectly get you into a fight about why she isnt/is fat.

Its such a BS hallmark holiday. I give the female so much crap on a regular basis its almost like everyday is V-day. Its the 2000s now.... women ***** and moan about equality but its not REAL equality, its selective equality. They want to be equal ONLY when they want to. Well wheres my fawkin chocolate or spa coupon for a free massage by an 120 lb oriental woman with her tiggies hanging out of her shirt? Now thats equality. Im going to try something new this year, Im going to try to reverse V-day. A week before, Im going to ask her where SHE is taking me for V-day and then I am going to tell her what I think would be nice she can do for me. Then on V-day when she doesnt do it, I am going to put my testicles in a vice clamp until I start crying then I am going to immediately tell her how she didnt suprise me with anything and how she hurt my feelings and how I mean nothing to her.... you know, the normal BS routine a woman would do.

I'll let you guys know how it works out. Im a poineer.... Philter, out."

BritP
02-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Yeah..flowers..pains in the *** I tell ya.

It seems when I start buying girls things they get rid of me. Odd..isn't it?

I took one girl on a cruise, shortly after that was done. I bought one chick a tennis bracelet, shortly after..bye bye. There's been a couple more times where that's happened. Although this one isn't romantic I once got a chick a ****ing TV for her room cause she wanted one, then she left me :lol: .

Although neither of those were around Valentines..

You just picked the wrong girl. Pick one that would be happy with a $2.00 bunch of daisies or you doing a load of her laundry.

Start small.....to me, the GIFT has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's the thought and time that went into it. If a guy took me for a walk at night under the stars and we laid on a blanket and counted them, I would treasure that a million times more than anything money could ever buy.

FinsNCanes
02-05-2007, 08:19 PM
You just picked the wrong girl. Pick one that would be happy with a $2.00 bunch of daisies or you doing a load of her laundry.

Start small.....to me, the GIFT has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's the thought and time that went into it. If a guy took me for a walk at night under the stars and we laid on a blanket and counted them, I would treasure that a million times more than anything money could ever buy.

No, the wrong girls pick me :cooldude:

This is why I have chosen to stay single the past year.

Roman529
02-05-2007, 08:22 PM

Wow, Baggy....you are my kind of girl. :tongue: Afterwards I'll take you to BK where we can use my two sandwiches for the price of one coupon. :lol:

BritP
02-05-2007, 08:22 PM
No, the wrong girls pick me :cooldude:

This is why I have chosen to stay single the past year.

YES, that happens too, you just have to be cool until you figure out what makes them tick. Some women are motivated by all the wrong things, your job is to figure it out AND we are NOT just talking about sex here.

WHY do you think I avoid men for the most part, it's cuz I am trying to figure out what exactly they are all about. But they usually lose interest while I am trying to figure them out. LOL

BritP
02-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Wow, Baggy....you are my kind of girl. :tongue: Afterwards I'll take you to BK where we can use my two sandwiches for the price of one coupon. :lol:

Count me in...I also have some Arby's coupons too....cheddar melts are sooo yummy. :D

Alex44
02-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Count me in...I also have some Arby's coupons too....cheddar melts are sooo yummy. :D

I have about three pages full of Arbys coupons. So you know who your man is for V-Day :D :yes: :lol:

Roman529
02-05-2007, 08:32 PM

I just love jamocha shakes. :tongue:

BritP
02-05-2007, 08:32 PM
I have about three pages full of Arbys coupons. So you know who your man is for V-Day :D :yes: :lol:

OOooooOooooOOO Baby!!!!!!!! :peck: :D Take me to Arby's Sweetie!

BritP
02-05-2007, 08:33 PM
I just love jamocha shakes. :tongue:

I love Strawberry shakes from Steak N Shake....OMG, I'd probably do about anything for one of those. :drool:

Roman529
02-05-2007, 08:37 PM
I love Strawberry shakes from Steak N Shake....OMG, I'd probably do about anything for one of those. :drool:

I've heard of Steak N Shake, but never been to one. Well, I gotta make dinner....kielbasa, with green peppers, onions, some of my famous Italian sauce, and corn on the cob. Maybe some green string beans as well?

:bye:

BritP
02-05-2007, 08:39 PM
I've heard of Steak N Shake, but never been to one. Well, I gotta make dinner....kielbasa, with green peppers, onions, some of my famous Italian sauce, and corn on the cob. Maybe some green string beans as well?

:bye:

Cya Sweetie!!! Honey, you don't know what you are missing til you had a 'Steak N Shake' Strawberry shake. OMG.....sooooo GOOD!

FinsNCanes
02-05-2007, 08:51 PM

This could of worked out for me really well about a month ago. I used to live about a mile from one.

BritP
02-05-2007, 08:52 PM
This could of worked out for me really well about a month ago. I used to live about a mile from one.

Dude, tell me you've had one?

FinsNCanes
02-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Dude, tell me you've had one?

Believe me..

Having a SteakNShake by your house on the way home from the bar is very dangerous, so..yes.

I eventually had to cut myself off because it was bad.

BritP
02-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Believe me..

Having a SteakNShake by your house on the way home from the bar is very dangerous, so..yes.

I eventually had to cut myself off because it was bad.

Dude, those freakin shakes are to die for. I could drink one every day, twice a day. They are soooo freakin delicious.

vmarcilfan75
02-05-2007, 10:13 PM
thread jackers :shakeno:

vmarcilfan75
02-05-2007, 10:16 PM

:drool:
i knew doing your laundry would be a hit :wink:
Now can you hurry up and graduate and make tons of money so we can make babies already?

BritP
02-05-2007, 10:35 PM
:drool:
i knew doing your laundry would be a hit :wink:
Now can you hurry up and graduate and make tons of money so we can make babies already?

Dude, you know it. :wink:

BritP
02-05-2007, 10:35 PM
thread jackers :shakeno:

Dude, we did thread jack this one. YIKES! I feel bad.

Stitches
02-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Brit I'll take you out for a strawberry shake from Steak and Shake right now, my treat.