PDA

View Full Version : Need some phinhead help!

SR 7
02-05-2007, 04:15 PM
aright guys, i need some help. I gotta give a 1 minute memorized speech tomarrow on aquote by anyone. Are there any quotes that seem to be decently long to complete taht 1 minute mark or a bit shy of that mark by any athlete preferably if not by anyone? please, thanks a lot.

UltraDol-Fan
02-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Do some famous Presidential inauguration quote...."Four scores and 7 years ago, blah blah

edit: Gettysburg address

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this. But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

DrAstroZoom
02-05-2007, 04:54 PM
So wait a minute ... you have to give a one minute speech about a quote, so you're looking for a one-minute quote? :shakeno:

SR 7
02-05-2007, 05:04 PM
So wait a minute ... you have to give a one minute speech about a quote, so you're looking for a one-minute quote? :shakeno:

No, i have to memorize a quote by someone that is 1 minute in lenght. not ABOUT a quote, it HAS to be a quote.

Mindwarp
02-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Excuses are the tools of incompetence, those who use them seldom achieve. Miami Dolphins Football Rules!

Noodle Arm
02-05-2007, 05:17 PM
How do they time quotes? Can't you just go up there and say "I am the eggman. I am the walrus. Goo goo ga joob." reeeeaaaaalllllllyyy slow?

d-day
02-05-2007, 05:40 PM
i have 2 quotes/ideas for you - say...

1) The mind plays tricks on you. You play tricks back! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting...*

*keep dragging out knitting until you reach 60 seconds

or say...

2) On this very night, ten years ago, along this very stretch of road in a dense fog just like this. I saw the worst accident I ever seen. There was this sound, like a garbage truck dropped off the Empire State Building... And when they pulled the driver's body from the twisted, burning wreck. It looked like this..*

*make a grotesque face and hold it until you reach 60 seconds

and if she ask's what either one of them was supposed to mean, say, "Supposed to mean? Supposed to mean?! I think everyone here knows what this is supposed to mean!" - then throw yo'r pen on the ground, and storm out of the room - works errytime

SR 7
02-05-2007, 05:41 PM
How do they time quotes? Can't you just go up there and say "I am the eggman. I am the walrus. Goo goo ga joob." reeeeaaaaalllllllyyy slow?

easy, its a new invention, i think they just revealed it last month, something by the name of a stop watch? who knows, prob costs MILLIONS to buy. lolll

but no, i can't do that. loll

SR 7
02-05-2007, 05:42 PM
i have 2 quotes/ideas for you - say...

1) The mind plays tricks on you. You play tricks back! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting...*

*keep dragging out knitting until you reach 60 seconds

or say...

2) On this very night, ten years ago, along this very stretch of road in a dense fog just like this. I saw the worst accident I ever seen. There was this sound, like a garbage truck dropped off the Empire State Building... And when they pulled the driver's body from the twisted, burning wreck. It looked like this..*

*make a grotesque face and hold it until you reach 60 seconds

and if she ask's what either one of them was supposed to mean, say, "Supposed to mean? Supposed to mean?! I think everyone here knows what this is supposed to mean!" - then throw yo'r pen on the ground, and storm out of the room - works errytime

lmaoo sure thing! haha

Gonzo
02-06-2007, 03:20 PM
And even if we win, if we win, HAH! Even if we play so far above our heads that our noses bleed for a week to ten days; even if God in Heaven above points his hand at our side of the field; even if every man woman and child joined hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter because all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk because they've got all the money! It just doesn't matter if we win or if we lose. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

Keep repeating it to get the rest of the class to shout: IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER...

Keep it going for a minute :wink:

or...

We are all wired into a survival trip now. No more of the speed that fueled that 60's. That was the fatal flaw in Tim Leary's trip. He crashed around America selling "consciousness expansion" without ever giving a thought to the grim meat-hook realities that were lying in wait for all the people who took him seriously... All those pathetically eager acid freaks who thought they could buy Peace and Understanding for three bucks a hit. But their loss and failure is ours too. What Leary took down with him was the central illusion of a whole life-style that he helped create... a generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understood the essential old-mystic fallacy of the Acid Culture: the desperate assumption that somebody... or at least some force - is tending the light at the end of the tunnel.
:gonzo:

Roman529
02-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Do a quote about the poem, The Raven, by Edgar Allen Poe. He is my favorite writer:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/02/Poesmall-1.gif
Edgar Allan Poe (http://www.heise.de/ix/raven/Literature/Authors/poe/life.html)

The Raven

[First published in 1845]
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/02/1transp-1.gif Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore.