PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 problem

chibully
02-05-2007, 07:52 PM
ok, here's the deal. i bought an xbox 360 because i was tired of waiting for the wii (which stores say they know when they'll get them, but that's bogus, they're probably all still in japan.)

anyway, the games i really like aren't exactly teen or mature rated (super mario, crash bandicoot.) And xbox has these shooters like halo or gears of whore which i suck at.

so i've had the xbox 360 for about a month, and i don't like it all that much. well i do but, it gets boring because i really don't like some of the games.

now i realize i shouldve bought ps2. i'm really annoyed that 360 does not play every single xbox title. it's like technological piece of technology (for lack of a better term), and in my opinion, should play every single game.

i guess i'm sort of a nostalgic gamer. i was really really into some of these old ps1 games. i don't know what i should do because i have this xbox 360 that i don't think is all that great, and might not be a bad idea to sell it but to whom?

FinSinceBirth
02-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Ebay? Or try the local adds. Depending on exactly how long you've had it and the stores return policy you MIGHT be able to take it back.

Pagan
02-05-2007, 08:00 PM
ok, here's the deal. i bought an xbox 360 because i was tired of waiting for the wii (which stores say they know when they'll get them, but that's bogus, they're probably all still in japan.)

anyway, the games i really like aren't exactly teen or mature rated (super mario, crash bandicoot.) And xbox has these shooters like halo or gears of whore which i suck at.
Man, I gotta get me that one! :lol:

TheMageGandalf
02-05-2007, 08:33 PM
If you have your receipt, you can try and take it back to the store you bought it at athough remember most won't do anything after 30 days.

So....if you can't take it back, then you've got two options if your dead set on getting rid of it and getting a PS2.

1. Ebay it. Ebay is quite simply your best option at getting a good amount of the cash you spent back. Don't expect it all, but if you detail in the ad that its a like new system and you've barely touched it you should be good.

2. If you can't or don't want to deal with ebay, then go to EB or Gamestop and trade it in. There's usually a coupon or something in the store ad that gives you extra trade in credit for systems and whatever but that varies. Just trade it in there for whatever they'll give you (which is usually not much) and then either buy a PS2 with the credit or use the credit on games and buy a new, not used, PS2 on ebay cheap.

banzaitrey
02-06-2007, 12:02 AM
If you want to sell it Pm me...I have a friend that is serious about getting one...

VanDolPhan
02-06-2007, 12:23 AM
so i've had the xbox 360 for about a month, and i don't like it all that much. well i do but, it gets boring because i really don't like some of the games.

now i realize i shouldve bought ps2. i'm really annoyed that 360 does not play every single xbox title. it's like technological piece of technology (for lack of a better term), and in my opinion, should play every single game.

Even if I was buying this, why go back to PS2? Especially when a PS2 is dirt cheap to pick up as a secondary. What games on xbox do you have that it won't play? There's over 200 compatible backwards games there's barely anything left for them to translate over. If your going on about 'shooters' you haven't really played much then as there's Smackdown vs Raw 2007, Viva Pinata, Oblivion, Kameo, Dead Rising, Condemned, every racer under the sun. Not to mention your going to end up missing the best RPG of the year in Mass Effect..and that's just the best RPG until Lost Odyssey hits.

Do what you want but it sounds real short sighted based off a month and I have a feeling by the end of the year you'd be kicking yourself.

illscriptures
02-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Why does this sound like a scam to me?

Ross
02-06-2007, 01:05 AM
Maybe 'cause it's illigal to use the phrase "boring" in the same sentence with 'xbox 360'...

banzaitrey
02-06-2007, 01:36 AM
Maybe 'cause it's illigal to use the phrase "boring" in the same sentence with 'xbox 360'...This is true...I just spent 3 hours on madden and 4 on Rainbow Six lol

Dolphins9954
02-06-2007, 01:55 AM
Why does this sound like a scam to me?

Because it is. Classic case of trolling. The Gears of whore part gave him away.

brandon27
02-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Because it is. Classic case of trolling. The Gears of whore part gave him away.

I kind of got that impression myself... but... why here... on a dolphins fan site... jeez..

Majpain
02-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Man, I gotta get me that one! :lol:

:lol: no kidding I was laughing my *** off. I cant tell if he joking or being serious.

Dolphins9954
02-06-2007, 09:12 PM
I kind of got that impression myself... but... why here... on a dolphins fan site... jeez..

Because Sonyfanboys are notorious for being trolls.