View Full Version : How do I add a sig? ...A step by step walk-through
02-06-2007, 01:02 AM
Don't be embarrassed, it has happened to all of us at some point. We ask ourselves "How in the heck do I get my sig to work?", and when we can't figure it out we ask someone else. Here is a simple step by step to help you guys out. :wink:
1. First locate your sig / badge. Place your mouse curser on the sig and right click on it (click the button on the right hand side of your mouse / keypad). A box should pop up, select copy.
2. Next, click on the User CP link at the top of your FH page. It is located in the upper left hand corner on your toolbar. A new window should open.
3. In the new window, look on the left hand side for Edit Signature and click on it. You should now be in the Edit Signature window.
4. You will see an area that you normally use to type your posts, you will now be placing your sig in that area. Place your mouse curser into that area and right click. A box should pop up, select Paste. Your sig or url should appear in that box. Click Preview Signature to see if your sig is now in place. If it is, click Save Signature and you're done.
I hope this helped you guys out. :cooldude:
02-06-2007, 01:15 AM
If you don't mind me adding a little bit on.
Before you add it to FH you should:
1) Right Click --> Save As (use a file name you will remember)
2) Go on photobucket (create an account if you dont have one its free) --> Upload picture ---> click on the 'IMG' option on the newly uploaded picture.
3) Follow L2G's instructions except for #1 It's not needed.
I say this because there is no guarantee the maker of your sig will keep it uploaded, they may delete it after a period of time to make more room on photobucket and your sig would be gone.
02-06-2007, 01:21 AM
Good point Alex.
Here is the link to Photobucket.com. You can save and store your sigs there.
Like Alex said, it's free and easy to use.
06-26-2007, 08:25 PM
question here. How do you move your sig to lineup with the others. somehow mine moved and it's all off??
07-21-2007, 12:17 PM
yea butdont we have to pay for them?
07-21-2007, 06:56 PM
how do u make it so they are up and down liek all of yours mine are next to each other?
02-21-2008, 01:17 AM
tags on each sig and it'll line up!
01-14-2009, 10:08 AM
04-01-2010, 03:13 PM
yea i made my first attempt at adding a sig pic and it will not let me upload it.
i've saved it to my computer, resized and compressed it to fit the standards listed on the edit sig page (it is now 400x288 and 18.2 kb) and it still says invalid. I just don't get what I am possibly doing wrong.
I see other sigs that are huge and cannot be under those limitations yet my relatively small pic cannot be added.......
05-02-2010, 02:51 PM
In the past I was able to upload my avatar and current sig picture. Now that I want to change it, it says invalid file or unable to save image when I try to upload it. It's just a simple .jpeg image 217x294 24.2kb. Well under the 400x300 39.1kb size limit.
I have tried to use the same photobucket and tinypic codes that work in my basketball forum without success. A admin told me to pm a admin for help. I have sent two pm's without an answer. Maybe my pm's aren't working. I cant understand why my photobucket codes aren't working. One day I would like to show some pictures as well. Other people have added new sig pictures during the time I've tried to change mine. If I cant change my sig pic, I don't want to lose the one i have.
05-02-2010, 03:50 PM
when was the last time you tried to add a sig? the feature for adding sigs/avatars should be fixed. try again and let us know if you're unable to upload them.
05-02-2010, 04:16 PM
05-02-2010, 04:33 PM
05-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Nublar7 is helping me with the problem. Thanks for the assistance.
04-24-2013, 01:17 PM
04-24-2013, 01:21 PM
04-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Test... sorry... :/
09-08-2014, 02:54 AM
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.