PDA

View Full Version : Moss not going to be a Raider!!!

flplaydoh
02-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Randy Moss is not happy! The Raiders want a third rounder for him! Hello we have Culpepper and its a known fact that they are great together. Draft a lineman in the first two rounds give up a 3rd for Moss!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/02/raiders-seek-3rd-rounder-for-moss.html

Sean
02-06-2007, 08:59 AM
not a surprise, not the 1st time he's said it

Sean
02-06-2007, 09:01 AM
i would get him for a 3rd rounder in a heartbeat

Jersey54
02-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Randy Moss is not happy! The Raiders want a third rounder for him! Hello we have Culpepper and its a known fact that they are great together. Draft a lineman in the first two rounds give up a 3rd for Moss!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/02/raiders-seek-3rd-rounder-for-moss.html

You're kidding right? That's just what they need, a complete sh.. bag. Second worst teammate next to T.O. By the way, he sucks now.
Do people get completely blinded on this website?

Phin
02-06-2007, 09:04 AM

Normally I'd agree with you but I think the asking price is too high. Didn't T.O. get traded for pretty much a 5th or 6th... at least going from the 49'ers to Philidelphia. Randy hasn't shown much in the last two seasons to warrant a 3rd rounder. I might give up a 4th just on the potential of Culpepper and Moss together again. Maybe I'm wrong, just my opinion.

Sean
02-06-2007, 09:09 AM
You're kidding right? That's just what they need, a complete sh.. bag. Second worst teammate next to T.O. By the way, he sucks now.
i know he has a s***** attitude, but come on a 3rd rounder for moss's talent, that's just like saying we want a 5th rounder for mike vick... i mean come on..

GET ON THE PHONE WITH THE RAIDERS WAYNE AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!~~:wink:

Irish Phin Fan
02-06-2007, 09:12 AM
No way would I want that a$$ hole on my team.

WarriorQB
02-06-2007, 09:30 AM
I just tried to picture Moss in a Dolphins uniform. The uniform of my beloved dolphins and I threw up a little in my mouth! :shakeno:

Desides
02-06-2007, 09:32 AM
A third rounder and a veteran for Moss? I smell pre-draft BS.

Besides, Al Davis enjoys keeping players hostage, and would any team really adopt Moss' huge contract with his "I play when I want to play" attitude?

I say no thanks.

montrealfinfan
02-06-2007, 09:34 AM
I remember Jimmy Johnson was asked what was his biggest regret as a coach and he said not drafting Moss when he was with mami, I wonder who that would have turned out?

O'townPhinFan
02-06-2007, 09:36 AM
I can say if this truly happens.... Man will that mess up some mock drafts...lol. It also said outside of the 3rd rounder, they want a veteran receiver....could that spell the end of one of ours??? Maybe Booker, Welker or Chambers? Who is to say. Favre has been wanting and trying to get Moss there in Green Bay...... so who knows. I just want to win. Moss seems to be a head case at times and seems to not give 100% and has admitted that on more than one occasion. He has talent but you have to accept his horrid side too if you get him....

Green Ranger
02-06-2007, 09:37 AM
i might be crazy...but i say give it a shot...put some clauses in his contract, some BS media/not playing/team player clauses....or put some hefty insentives for performance in there, so he has to make a certain amount of yards, certain number of tds for more money...that'll light a fire under his A$$

Xeus24
02-06-2007, 09:39 AM
hOW ABOUT A LOSER FOR A LOSER.

RICKY WILLIAMS FOR RANDY MOSS

RICKY HAS BEEN RUMORED TO WANT TO PLAY FOR THE RAIDERS AND MOSS NEEDS DAUNTE.

montrealfinfan
02-06-2007, 09:52 AM
RICKY HAS BEEN RUMORED TO WANT TO PLAY FOR THE RAIDERS AND MOSS NEEDS DAUNTE.
Actually Ricky said it as a joke on cbs when he was interviewed back in 04, Ricky then made bet with the guy that he would never play football agin, he ended up buying buyin the guy lunch.

chewski
02-06-2007, 09:53 AM
a THIRD ROUNDER AND ENOUGH CAP MONEY TO MAKE US STRAPPED FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WON'T BE ABLE TO SIGN THE [PLAYERS WE NEED TO PROTECT DAUNTE LONG ENOUGH TO GET IT TO MOSS.

W.Welker83
02-06-2007, 10:13 AM
I dont think that we should take the chance on Moss it would cost us a third rounder and Vet Wr. We already lost our second rounder on C-Pep. I mean moss does not come to play every sunday. He does what he wants when he wants to do that. We just dont need a player like that right now.

CANDolphan
02-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Actually, Randy Moss is a pretty misunderstood guy. He's been misquoted so many times Im pretty sure even his own mother hates him. He's a fantastic football player who tells it like it is, really. He's not like Terrell Owens in the sense he doesn't love attention as much as he loves to play football. He wants a team that is committed to winning.

But, on that note, Randy Moss and Daunte Culpepper don't get along anymore, so I dont think bringing him to Miami would be a good idea. Bad chemistry.

tay0365
02-06-2007, 10:46 AM

Ummm, No

Stitches
02-06-2007, 10:46 AM
I dont think that we should take the chance on Moss it would cost us a third rounder and Vet Wr. We already lost our second rounder on C-Pep. I mean moss does not come to play every sunday. He does what he wants when he wants to do that. We just dont need a player like that right now.

We traded last year's second rounder, we didn't lose it. And again, that was last year's, not this. Some people, I swear.

JJW1339
02-06-2007, 10:48 AM
I would not trade an old jock strap for Randy Moss!!! He is done.

Motion
02-06-2007, 10:57 AM
We traded last year's second rounder, we didn't lose it. And again, that was last year's, not this. Some people, I swear.

I'm amazed at how many people that supposedly follow the team and don't know what picks we have.

Vertical Limit
02-06-2007, 10:58 AM
No thanks to Moss. We need to draft our own players and build like that, not pick up every piece of garbage from other teams.

melvindillon
02-06-2007, 10:59 AM
forget moss. washed up.

So guys, it'll be a couple of months before we'll talk about real things again. But you can bet I'll be here everyday, keeping it going.

md

PyroDOLFAN
02-06-2007, 11:09 AM
3RD ROUNDER!!!!!

If Cameron doesn't jump on that he needs to be fired. With CP down here already We would solve half the offence right there. Just some moves on O-line and we can be a competitor again.

Course thats only if it happens...

snap
02-06-2007, 11:37 AM
no:shakeno: :mad: :confused: :( :o :fire: :shakeno:

2413fanphins
02-06-2007, 12:03 PM
I would venture to say that moss and cpep could probably make up.
they are grown adults. they are both on the backside of there career.

putting there differences aside for a championship run, isn't out of the realm of possibilites. I would love to see this happen.

see ya booker and a 3rd rounder.

How many ppl did we draft last year that actually started or even had significant playing time. jason allen, no. derek hagan, no.

anybody... no. moss could step right in and play now.

don't give me the distraction line, that @(#* is so played out.
he dominates, and that is what we need.
this would totally change our first two draft picks.
this is a good idea for this football if you want to win.

and yes we STILL HAVE OUR 2nd ROUND PICK for crying out loud.
everytime I turn I or someone else has corrected somebody on this.
try to follow along ppl.

IluvJuMiami
02-06-2007, 12:11 PM
A third rounder and a veteran for Moss? I smell pre-draft BS.

Besides, Al Davis enjoys keeping players hostage, and would any team really adopt Moss' huge contract with his "I play when I want to play" attitude?

I say no thanks.

The contract is the key, not the 3rd rounder though I'd try to haggle that down to a 4th or offer either Joey Harrington, Marty Booker, or Ricky Williams straight up for Moss. But that would ONLY be in the event that Moss concedes to restructure his contract.

WISfinfan13
02-06-2007, 12:12 PM
you know i dont know why moss didnt succeed as a raider...Crappy system? No QB? No Randy Ratio? Likes the color Purple? but its obvious this guy needs an insentive based contract so he doesnt take plays off like he was already doing in minnesota...But the idea of getting the most talented wide reciever in nfl history (for a three year spand), and only having to give up a third round pick sounds very tempting...but if that where to happen you better make sure there your getting the randy moss that played in minnesota for the first part of his career and not the bone head from the past few years...Im not thrilled about the idea, but will trust managements decisions.

IluvJuMiami
02-06-2007, 12:14 PM

Booker and a 3rd rounder? Now you guys are taking this too far.

Marty Booker could easily fetch a 3rd rounder by himself in the trade market. So you guys want to give Oakland two 3rd rounders now?

Some of you need to leave the blow in the 80's and re-hash the 60's. Chill out.

clbrazee
02-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Don't want him. Let someone else deal the the Mr. Attitude.

HEDAZHELAS24
02-06-2007, 12:21 PM
i know he hasnt had the best two seasons but the truth is that he really doesnt care when his team and organization doesnt care... i dont know but i think he would with a fresh start and some motivation to win from JT ZT KC DC and CC... its obvious that booker might get vut anyways not bc of his production but bc of his cap #. idk the difference between his and moss's but booker is gone after this year anyway and his cap hit is 3.8 mill while moss can be moved and shifted around.. i think im up for BOOKER and our 3rd.. think about what we could do with our first 2 picks if we didnt have to worry about a WR...OL then OLB or OLB then QB it could be the best way to improve the team the quickest although there is a chance it wont work

HEDAZHELAS24
02-06-2007, 12:22 PM
booker is not going to be here next year anyway

1. Levi Brown
2. Drew Stanton
3. Randy Moss

how does that look for an improved Offense for ZT and JT to win one with

Rubbin420
02-06-2007, 12:57 PM
No way would I want that a$$ hole on my team.

AMEN!!!!

No the last thing we need is to start a new kind of team and deal with this guy who commits to nothing. Remember what Cam said, he is not a disciplinarian.

finyank13
02-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Normally I'd agree with you but I think the asking price is too high. Didn't T.O. get traded for pretty much a 5th or 6th... at least going from the 49'ers to Philidelphia. Randy hasn't shown much in the last two seasons to warrant a 3rd rounder. I might give up a 4th just on the potential of Culpepper and Moss together again. Maybe I'm wrong, just my opinion.

i get him for a 5rd'r or below..............

Motion
02-06-2007, 01:12 PM
I can't believe so many people are for this.

BIG_FISH_RI
02-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Randy Moss for a 3rd. I placed on here a few days ago the best way to improve the team was to trade booker and a 2nd. and thney only want a 3rd. Cam is gonna get himself fired if he don't make that trade. Muller makes good decision and I'm sure he will jump all over this. I REALLY HOPE THIS HAPPENS SO WHEN RANDY CATCHES 12 TD FOR 1200 YD ALL OF YOU ON HERE THAT SAID NO WILL BE ON HIS SAC.

Vertical Limit
02-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Nick Saban has brainwashed you people. You guys want to bring in every thug, every idiot and give them a 2nd chance. Just forget about it! Draft our own playmakers, our own people, rebuild this long time classy organization.

IluvJuMiami
02-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Nick Saban has brainwashed you people. You guys want to bring in every thug, every idiot and give them a 2nd chance. Just forget about it! Draft our own playmakers, our own people, rebuild this long time classy organization.

A Super Bowl would bring class to even the Bengals my friend.

Not that I think merely adding Randy Moss is going to get us a Lombardi, but I'm just saying, winning makes it all okay.

It may be sad but it's sure as heck true.

FinIowa85
02-06-2007, 02:06 PM
I would not trade an old jock strap for Randy Moss!!! He is done.

Ok, quotes like this piss me off........randy moss has 4-5 dominating years left in him.......if you don't remember he's stuck with the raiders...........they would make peyton manning suck

Motion
02-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Ok, quotes like this piss me off........randy moss has 4-5 dominating years left in him.......if you don't remember he's stuck with the raiders...........they would make peyton manning suck

What exactly would you base that comment on? What has he done lately to make you think that? I'm curious......

djphinfan
02-06-2007, 02:12 PM
I would venture to say that moss and cpep could probably make up.
they are grown adults. they are both on the backside of there career.

putting there differences aside for a championship run, isn't out of the realm of possibilites. I would love to see this happen.

How many ppl did we draft last year that actually started or even had significant playing time. jason allen, no. derek hagan, no.

anybody... no. moss could step right in and play now.

don't give me the distraction line, that @(#* is so played out.
he dominates, and that is what we need.
this would totally change our first two draft picks.
this is a good idea for this football if you want to win.

and yes we STILL HAVE OUR 2nd ROUND PICK for crying out loud.
everytime I turn I or someone else has corrected somebody on this.
try to follow along ppl.i agree with your opinion and think that reunited them together would force them to get serious about their game,lets not forget these are grown men who have the ability that people dream of,i think the situation if he did come here would make a man out of him and could motivate both of them to great levels.
It is an interesting idea,but its a tough call man,I say go for it.I believe Daunte is going to be 100 percent healthy and HIGHLY MOTIVATED,if moss wants that challenge of turning his carreer back around this would be the perfect marriage,,,,interesting

Lab3003
02-06-2007, 02:13 PM
i know he hasnt had the best two seasons but the truth is that he really doesnt care when his team and organization doesnt care... i dont know but i think he would with a fresh start and some motivation to win from JT ZT KC DC and CC... its obvious that booker might get vut anyways not bc of his production but bc of his cap #. idk the difference between his and moss's but booker is gone after this year anyway and his cap hit is 3.8 mill while moss can be moved and shifted around.. i think im up for BOOKER and our 3rd.. think about what we could do with our first 2 picks if we didnt have to worry about a WR...OL then OLB or OLB then QB it could be the best way to improve the team the quickest although there is a chance it wont work

No more Free Agents! No more! I'm tired of the Dolphins bringing in talent from somewhere else. The Patriots bring in few free agents at extremely low costs and develop the rest of their personnel from the draft. The Dolphins should start doing the same thing.

cowtowndick
02-06-2007, 02:17 PM

it's a combination of living in the past and maybe too much madden on the t.v. .....same reason we read 'let's go after jeff garcia' threads, and 'it's too bad the bucs signed david boston' threads, and 'culpepper is our qb of the future' threads.

CANDolphan
02-06-2007, 02:30 PM
See, this is why I love the media.

People are still convinced he takes plays off while at Minnesota.

What he said was, he doesn't need to be motivated by anybody. When he wants to play, he plays. He brings it 100% when he wants to.

Yet, somehow that was twisted into " I WILL PLAY WHEN I WANT TO BUT WHEN I DONT WANT TO PLAY I WONT "

Honestly people, do some research and make up your own opinions, dont let CBS and NBC announcers make them for you. Randy Moss is a player, straight up.. and a 3rd rounder would be a steal for Randy Moss.

Im not sure he would fit on this team, though, considering we have quarterback struggles and WR is far from our biggest need.. but man.. Randy Moss and Chris Chambers would be an amazing WR duo. Not to mention moving Chambers into the slot and Hagan into the #2 spot on certain plays?

Oakland is a franchise that does not give a ****. Randy Moss has said flat out if you guys won't care, I won't care. You guys don't watch much football if you didnt see Randy giving everything he had the first half of the season with Oakland. The guy was getting underthrown, overthrown, everything BUT thrown to. Oakland basically told him to go **** himself and deal with the team, so he said this is ridiculous, I want out. I want to be a competitor but in order to be a competitor you have to be a competitive team.

You really think the Miami Dolphins are the same type of franchise as the Oakland Raiders? We dont have Al Davis, for one, and we dont have a Pop Warner coach as a Head Coach. The Dolphins are ten times the organization that the Raiders are.

TO was thrown to atleast twice as much as Randy Moss was. TO had the most amount of drops of anyone this year. You put Randy Moss on the Cowboys and you have yourself a talent.

PerfectFinz72
02-06-2007, 02:32 PM
I wouldnt take Randy Moss for anything less than a 6th or 7th rounder...thats how far he's fallen imo. Why would you want someone like him on this team? For all TOs problems, at least he produces. Moss does NOTHING anymore.

Gonzo
02-06-2007, 03:01 PM
I can't believe so many people are for this.Of course they are. He's awesome on madden. :lol: That's about the extent of their knowledge of the boy.

IluvJuMiami
02-06-2007, 03:02 PM
See, this is why I love the media.

People are still convinced he takes plays off while at Minnesota.

What he said was, he doesn't need to be motivated by anybody. When he wants to play, he plays. He brings it 100% when he wants to.

Yet, somehow that was twisted into " I WILL PLAY WHEN I WANT TO BUT WHEN I DONT WANT TO PLAY I WONT "

Honestly people, do some research and make up your own opinions, dont let CBS and NBC announcers make them for you. Randy Moss is a player, straight up.. and a 3rd rounder would be a steal for Randy Moss.

Im not sure he would fit on this team, though, considering we have quarterback struggles and WR is far from our biggest need.. but man.. Randy Moss and Chris Chambers would be an amazing WR duo. Not to mention moving Chambers into the slot and Hagan into the #2 spot on certain plays?

Oakland is a franchise that does not give a ****. Randy Moss has said flat out if you guys won't care, I won't care. You guys don't watch much football if you didnt see Randy giving everything he had the first half of the season with Oakland. The guy was getting underthrown, overthrown, everything BUT thrown to. Oakland basically told him to go **** himself and deal with the team, so he said this is ridiculous, I want out. I want to be a competitor but in order to be a competitor you have to be a competitive team.

You really think the Miami Dolphins are the same type of franchise as the Oakland Raiders? We dont have Al Davis, for one, and we dont have a Pop Warner coach as a Head Coach. The Dolphins are ten times the organization that the Raiders are.

TO was thrown to atleast twice as much as Randy Moss was. TO had the most amount of drops of anyone this year. You put Randy Moss on the Cowboys and you have yourself a talent.

I don't like Moss. I don't care what he said or when he said it. I don't like the guy.

My opinion being stated, Moss and Chambers? Moss, chambers, and Culpepper? Come on... that has to catch even the biggest Moss haters interest at least somewhat. It certainly has caught mine.

Again, Moss has got to be willing to restructure his contract. I have the same problem with his cap implications as I do with Culpepper's which is to say you are about to pay a question mark WAY TOO MUCH MONEY on a team that's 17Th(???) in the league in cap space and has close to half of that team flirting in FA.

The perfect trade would be Ricky Williams straight up for Randy Moss.

We don't have to give up a 3rd to a team that has their backs againts the wall, and while Al Davis likes to hold players hostage, it's Randy Moss who's dictating the situation.

I love Ricky Williams. Sure, he broke my heart, as he did to most of us, but watching the guy run in aqua and orange was a great experience. However, Mueller doesn't like Ricky, Ricky may be suspended indefinitely with another failed test, and he's already stated that he would love to play for Oakland.

In my mind, it's the perfect deal.

Motion
02-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Of course they are. He's awesome on madden. :lol: That's about the extent of their knowledge of the boy.

:chuckle:

#1 Fan
02-06-2007, 03:43 PM
how do you not trade a third rounder for randy moss? him and c-pep work well together and they'd probably restructure the contract as part of the trading process to get something more incentive based.

seriously, we'd be giving up derek hagan type talent for moss . . .

Gonzo
02-06-2007, 03:50 PM
how do you not trade a third rounder for randy moss? him and c-pep work well together and they'd probably restructure the contract as part of the trading process to get something more incentive based.

seriously, we'd be giving up derek hagan type talent for moss . . .:confused: They can't stand each other, and that's a well known fact. And he's not going to restructure anything because there will no doubt be some team desperate enough to cough up money for this has been (when he "felt like" being even that). I just pray that isn't us.

#1 Fan
02-06-2007, 03:53 PM
they're not highschool girls, they'd find a way to patch things up to win football games

Gonzo
02-06-2007, 04:00 PM
they're not highschool girls, they'd find a way to patch things up to win football gamesMoss isn't much more mature than one and not half as bright. He's a problem we don't need and he has certainly shown that he couldn't care less about winning football games.

phins3454
02-06-2007, 04:22 PM

If that is true then the raiders might take Calvin Johnson, and that means that Brady Quinn could slip to the 9th spot

flplaydoh
02-06-2007, 04:28 PM
I think that the fact that Brett Farve wants him in Green Bay should tell you something, Brett don't deal with players that are dificult (remember Walker)

Are you guys and gals serious in saying no to Randy FREAKIN MOSS for a mear 3rd rounder!!!!!!!!!

Just look at what has been going on in Oakland Jerry Porter, 2 new coaches since hes been there and 3 different QB's.

He has been relatively quite and he can even get a ball thrown his way because of constant double coverage and the QB having like a half a second to throw before he gets sacked!!!!!!!!!!

Stitches
02-06-2007, 04:33 PM
I think that the fact that Brett Farve wants him in Green Bay should tell you something, Brett don't deal with players that are dificult (remember Walker)

Are you guys and gals serious in saying no to Randy FREAKIN MOSS for a mear 3rd rounder!!!!!!!!!

Just look at what has been going on in Oakland Jerry Porter, 2 new coaches since hes been there and 3 different QB's.

He has been relatively quite and he can even get a ball thrown his way because of constant double coverage and the QB having like a half a second to throw before he gets sacked!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying no to Moss for a 3rd, I am saying no to Moss for a 3rd, a vet WR(ie Booker or Chambers in our case), and a huge contract. I would love Moss to be a dolphin, but not at his contract, or for just a 3rd..

IluvJuMiami
02-06-2007, 05:09 PM
If that is true then the raiders might take Calvin Johnson, and that means that Brady Quinn could slip to the 9th spot

With the WR depth in this draft it would be silly of Al Davis to skip on Russell when he may have Dwayne Bowe, Sidney rice, and Robert Meachem to choose from at 33.

wazzy
02-06-2007, 05:26 PM
If we were to get Moss I would be happy if these things happened:

1. he restructures the contract
2. we gave up a 4th for him or Booker and a late pick
3. Cpep and Moss have to come to terms

The reason I am for all Moss is it will help Cpep's comfort level IMO. He is used to playing with Moss and now you add Chambers and Hagan and we have a solid passing game with the potential to be really threatening! Also if Chambers or Moss or even both establish themselves as big time threats in the passing game again this will help open up our run game which Ronnie Brown can take full advantage!

CANDolphan
02-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Moss isn't much more mature than one and not half as bright. He's a problem we don't need and he has certainly shown that he couldn't care less about winning football games.

And you base him not wanting to win football games on what, exactly? Hes one of the most competitive WRs you'll find out there.. he just demands the same from his teammates. Look at the Raiders.. they arent trying 100% every play.. they give up. He doesnt want that.

Crunkcore
02-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Say no to Moss.

2413fanphins
02-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Ya we all base our opinions on moss from madden you clown.

maybe it's the fact that our receivers are NOT GOOD. You can not argue that any of our receivers are better than moss.
Booker was crying when he came here remember how bad he didn't want to be here. SEE YA BOOKER.

what has booker done for us that we need to keep him.
chambers could go to the slot, moss at WR.
welker is going to want a major pay increase. is he worth it. Hell no.

his KR/PR are horrible. Ya he has some decent catches in games, but chambers would have the same success in the slot.

A third rounder is fine with me. Name me our last five third rounders and tell me they had more of an impact on the team than randy moss will.

as far as not getting along with cpep, as previously stated this isn't high school cheerleading, they can work things out. If they both publicly come out and say hell no, than fine but I doubt that happens.

It was just silly they didn't win a superbowl in minny, now they could be taking a huge step towards making a run for a championship.

this would def make our first two draft picks this year easier.
We could fill other needs.

of course I could just go fire up madden and see how every other FA plays before I tell you about other FA that we should consider.
6,000+ posts and that is what comes out of your mouth.
brilliance

btw.. what did brady quinn ever do to make us want to take him at nine.
did he win any games he wasn't supposed to win.
did he ever win ONE bowl game.
talk about a question mark.

Gonzo
02-07-2007, 12:07 PM
I think that the fact that Brett Farve wants him in Green Bay should tell you something, Brett don't deal with players that are dificult (remember Walker) Glad someone else will take him so I can stop listening to this same topic for at least one more year.

Are you guys and gals serious in saying no to Randy FREAKIN MOSS for a mear 3rd rounder!!!!!!!!! yes

He has been relatively quite and he can even get a ball thrown his way because of constant double coverage and the QB having like a half a second to throw before he gets sacked!!!!!!!!!!:lol: and we provide a different situation how? Only add that this time he would be back with a QB with whom he has a checkered past.

Motion
02-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Ya we all base our opinions on moss from madden

Hmmm.... Gonzo was right. :D

Gonzo
02-07-2007, 12:12 PM
And you base him not wanting to win football games on what, exactly? Hes one of the most competitive WRs you'll find out there.. he just demands the same from his teammates. Look at the Raiders.. they arent trying 100% every play.. they give up. He doesnt want that.
He plays when he wants to. His words, not mine. He's well known for taking plays off and not participating as much in plays not designed for him. And you are basing calling him one of the most competitve WRs on what, exactly? His whining to get out of Oakland, whose failures are as much his fault as every other player on that team?

Gonzo
02-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Hmmm.... Gonzo was right. :DThanks for the new sig :lol:

Gonzo
02-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Ya we all base our opinions on moss from madden you clown.

maybe it's the fact that our receivers are NOT GOOD. You can not argue that any of our receivers are better than moss.
Booker was crying when he came here remember how bad he didn't want to be here. SEE YA BOOKER.

what has booker done for us that we need to keep him.
chambers could go to the slot, moss at WR.
welker is going to want a major pay increase. is he worth it. Hell no.

his KR/PR are horrible. Ya he has some decent catches in games, but chambers would have the same success in the slot.

A third rounder is fine with me. Name me our last five third rounders and tell me they had more of an impact on the team than randy moss will.

as far as not getting along with cpep, as previously stated this isn't high school cheerleading, they can work things out. If they both publicly come out and say hell no, than fine but I doubt that happens.

It was just silly they didn't win a superbowl in minny, now they could be taking a huge step towards making a run for a championship.

this would def make our first two draft picks this year easier.
We could fill other needs.

of course I could just go fire up madden and see how every other FA plays before I tell you about other FA that we should consider.
6,000+ posts and that is what comes out of your mouth.
brilliance

btw.. what did brady quinn ever do to make us want to take him at nine.
did he win any games he wasn't supposed to win.
did he ever win ONE bowl game.
talk about a question mark.

I stopped reading after the clown comment, but thanks for confirming my theory. :hi5:

Motion
02-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the new sig :lol:

:hi5:

PewterKrew
02-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Ok I just dont get why anyone would want Moss on their team, he takes plays off, does not play hard and wont go over the middle and leaves his teammates on the field before a game has even ended.

Gonzo
02-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Ok I just dont get why anyone would want Moss on their team, he takes plays off, does not play hard and wont go over the middle and leaves his teammates on the field before a game has even ended.Hopefully he goes to TB so we don't have to listen to this anymore :lol: :wink: jk

2413fanphins
02-07-2007, 04:33 PM
you should have just read the whole post past the clown part.....

it would have saved you time of quoting and replying to it.

how many YEARS ago was the take plays off comment.
do you hold true to everything that has come out of your mouth in the past years.

I suppose the real way to fix this team is to draft quinn with our first pick.

fact of the matter is. he is better than ANY receiver we currently have on the roster, without question.

Gonzo
02-07-2007, 04:41 PM
you should have just read the whole post past the clown part.....

it would have saved you time of quoting and replying to it.

how many YEARS ago was the take plays off comment.
do you hold true to everything that has come out of your mouth in the past years.

I suppose the real way to fix this team is to draft quinn with our first pick.

fact of the matter is. he is better than ANY receiver we currently have on the roster, without question.Quoting and replying is the fun part, but when it starts with a weak insult, nothing beyond the insult is of any value by default. If there was a strong argument, there would be no need for the insult in the first place.

He certainly hasn't shown anything since then to suggest a change, besides perhaps being injury prone now on top of it all. His drop in production has given him far fewer opportunities to spout his garbage to the media, so you have no evidence of a change. If I knew a crackhead six years ago and then saw him today, I'm not going to assume he's changed with no evidence and I'm certainly not going to provide an opportunity to prove he changed by renting him a room in my house. And yes, I just made an analogy between Moss and a crackhead.

CANDolphan
02-07-2007, 07:07 PM
He plays when he wants to. His words, not mine. He's well known for taking plays off and not participating as much in plays not designed for him. And you are basing calling him one of the most competitve WRs on what, exactly? His whining to get out of Oakland, whose failures are as much his fault as every other player on that team?

Lets see some links, some proof of " his words, not mine! ".. thats a bull**** comeback.

You find me an entire story where Randy Moss admitted to taking plays off before Oakland and I'll apologize.

Ive been in this argument before, with the same type of person, and they were proven completely ignorant of the subject, only learning what they heard in a 10 second blurb on ESPN. Coaches and other teammates of his stated he worked so hard in the off season because he wanted to be the best. He's a tremendous physical specimen and he's also got the mental edge of the game.

2413fanphins
02-07-2007, 07:30 PM
GONZO...seriously.....

do you honestly think he is not an upgrade to our current WR situation.

go over our last few years worth of 3rd round picks.
tell me which of them had more of an impact than moss would have.

derek hagan...TBD
wade smith.... absolutely not
seth mckinney....see above
travis minor....a career backup, seriously?

seriously... is he not far and away a better WR than chambers, booker, welker, hagan.

I suppose you think crazy685 bases his opinion off of madden as well?

SMadison29
02-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Booker & a 3rd rounder make a lot of sense & we'd be absolutely stupid for not jumping all over this.

For one we'd take no cap hit for trading Booker because we aren't responsible for the signing bonus, the Bears already took that hit, so $3.1M comes right off the books.

Secondly Booker is in the final year of his contract & I don't think it is vital to extend him.

Finally, Moss has 2 years $21M left on his contract, naturally he'd have to sign a 2 or 3 year extension or this is all for not.

Gonzo
02-08-2007, 03:11 AM
Lets see some links, some proof of " his words, not mine! ".. thats a bull**** comeback.

You find me an entire story where Randy Moss admitted to taking plays off before Oakland and I'll apologize.

Ive been in this argument before, with the same type of person, and they were proven completely ignorant of the subject, only learning what they heard in a 10 second blurb on ESPN. Coaches and other teammates of his stated he worked so hard in the off season because he wanted to be the best. He's a tremendous physical specimen and he's also got the mental edge of the game.
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/football/nfl/oakland_raiders/16007759.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Moss
Oh.snap.

Find you a whole story? You want a DNA sample to prove he said it too? It's a WELL known statement...unless you get your news from EA Sports. Well, if those links don't convince you he said it, you are arguing with you heart instead of your head. Let me reverse it, find me some whole articles...no, a whole book showing that it was never said by him. Okay, I'll settle for an article, but it can't be written by him...assuming he knows how to write.

Taking this kind of personally ain'tcha? Related to him?

Gonzo
02-08-2007, 03:19 AM
GONZO...seriously.....

do you honestly think he is not an upgrade to our current WR situation.

go over our last few years worth of 3rd round picks.
tell me which of them had more of an impact than moss would have.

derek hagan...TBD
wade smith.... absolutely not
seth mckinney....see above
travis minor....a career backup, seriously?

seriously... is he not far and away a better WR than chambers, booker, welker, hagan.

I suppose you think crazy685 bases his opinion off of madden as well?No, I don't think he is an upgrade given his attitude, lackluster play of the past couple of years, and the value of draft picks. That is simply not going to change. The guy hasn't show that he has changed his ways and has actually gotten worse on the field, so now his attitude cannot be overlooked just because he is talented (a la Owens, who I don't want either).

But, sadly, you are dreaming even for a third. Some jackass team will give him the money he demands because it will sell jerseys and put Madden fans in the seats.

And no, I don't think he bases it fully on that. I think he may be related to him as well.

HysterikiLL
02-08-2007, 03:42 AM
And no, I don't think he bases it fully on that. I think he may be related to him as well.

Booooo-yeeeezy :lol:

FinAtic8480
02-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Want a scenerio Moss for Boller how do you like that.

http://blogs.baltimoresun.com/sports_football_ravens/2007/02/boller_trade.html (http://blogs.baltimoresun.com/sports_football_ravens/2007/02/boller_trade.html)