View Full Version : NFLDC mock draft updated

jim1
02-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Here comes Levi Brown

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Note: 2 round mock

SR 7
02-06-2007, 11:14 AM
i love the draft. Spencer gets to the QB and BRown showed signs of being very good.

jason8er
02-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Here comes Levi Brown

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Note: 2 round mock
I posted about Spencer during Senior Bowl week. He was the only one that gave Levi Brown fits. I would welcome that pick.

RoninFin4
02-06-2007, 11:23 AM
I like both of those picks, and if we can add maybe Drew Stanton or Doug Datish in the 3rd, I think that'd be a pretty solid draft.

Spicy Henne
02-06-2007, 11:25 AM
It just figures that we pick 9th in a draft with 8 premier players. I really hope we can find a way to move down in round one.

jason8er
02-06-2007, 11:31 AM
I like both of those picks, and if we can add maybe Drew Stanton or Doug Datish in the 3rd, I think that'd be a pretty solid draft.
That would be so good it would be a crime. But, trading down in the first for an extra second rounder may not even be enough to get Stanton. After the combine and his pro-day, I still think Chicago takes him in the late first.

VT Dolphan
02-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Spencer in the second round would be an awesome pick. Wouldn't mind going with Justin Blalock either and hopefully solidifying our o-line for years.

MustangFinFan
02-06-2007, 11:41 AM
why dont we draft Justin Blalock in the 1st...and Aaron Sears in the 2nd? Blalock can play OG also...Sears can play OT.

Motion
02-06-2007, 11:46 AM
why dont we draft Justin Blalock in the 1st...and Aaron Sears in the 2nd? Blalock can play OG also...Sears can play OT.

:eek: Are you kidding? You wanna take a 2nd round GUARD at #9 overall????

Not to mention alot of sites are projecting Sears as a Guard as well in the NFL. That would be a horrible start to the draft.

RoninFin4
02-06-2007, 11:57 AM
That would be so good it would be a crime. But, trading down in the first for an extra second rounder may not even be enough to get Stanton. After the combine and his pro-day, I still think Chicago takes him in the late first.

That's just it, he's still got the combine and the pro-day to go. He never exactly tore it up in his college career, and definitely had a downer of a senior year. I definitely think he and Trent Edwards would be worth taking, more so Stanton than Edwards.

PHINishinStrong
02-06-2007, 12:19 PM
This mock is probably the best one ive seen....I dont think the Niners pass up on Ginn though and the Dolphins pick of Levi Brown I like. Although i hope they trade up a couple of spots to get him instead i think its a solid pick at number 9...

Aqua and Orange
02-06-2007, 12:24 PM
I dont see this happening. I think our team will want a more sexy pick than Brown with the first pick of the new administration.

jim1
02-06-2007, 12:35 PM
I dont see this happening. I think our team will want a more sexy pick than Brown with the first pick of the new administration.

Sexy smexy. Hard to be sexy when the QB's hiney is on the ground and WR's have little time to get open. BPA WR and OL, then OLB and CB.

RoninFin4
02-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Sexy smexy. Hard to be sexy when the QB's hiney is on the ground and WR's have little time to get open. BPA WR and OL, then OLB and CB.

Exactly. Cameron preached building from the inside out. It all starts up front and we haven't had a real LT since Richmond Webb.

GEORGIA FIN
02-06-2007, 12:45 PM
As long as we really address our OL this offseason, I'll be happy. Cam's offensive schemes don't get of the ground if our QB and RB are always on it.

IluvJuMiami
02-06-2007, 01:07 PM
It just figures that we pick 9th in a draft with 8 premier players. I really hope we can find a way to move down in round one.

What did the Dolphins do to anger the pigskin gods? Was it running Marino and Shula out of town for a 3 year Johnson? Maybe so.

Eitherway, I don't like Levi Brown at 9. I like Levi Brown, a lot, just not at 9. Check out the rankings on that very site. He's ranked 15.

Mueller needs to make a splash in this draft by either growing a pair and going up for Quinn or adding more draft picks and trading down.

I believe Tony Ugoh, Arron Sears, Joe Staley, or Ryan Harris can come in and start at LT on our squad and one of those guys will definitely be available at 41. I remind you we have the best OL coach in the league, our OL got better as the season went on, and there are two stellar tackles in FA in Davs and Steinbach that can be had.

As much as I hate to admit it, the Jimmy Johnson approach to linemen, at least in this draft, is the way to go.

Maybe Brown's stock will catch flames and 9 will be a perfect value pick for him. If that's the case, beauty.

But as of right now, I'd rather trade Harrington and Booker and package their picks with our 2 to move up for Quinn or slide back and pick up an extra 2, 3, or 4.

I feel like all the Dolphins ever do is reach. We reached on Carey, on Brown, went go-go gadget arms for Allen. I want a freagin superstar or at the very least proper value at the position.

Motion
02-06-2007, 01:10 PM
I believe Tony Ugoh, Arron Sears, Joe Staley, or Ryan Harris can come in and start at LT on our squad and one of those guys will definitely be available at 41. I remind you we have the best OL coach in the league, our OL got better as the season went on, and there are two stellar tackles in FA in Davs and Steinbach that can be had.

You really think Sears could start at LT? From day 1? Alot of sites I've seen have him projected as a guard in the NFL.

jim1
02-06-2007, 01:14 PM
What did the Dolphins do to anger the pigskin gods? Was it running Marino and Shula out of town for a 3 year Johnson? Maybe so.

Eitherway, I don't like Levi Brown at 9. I like Levi Brown, a lot, just not at 9. Check out the rankings on that very site. He's ranked 15.

Mueller needs to make a splash in this draft by either growing a pair and going up for Quinn or adding more draft picks and trading down.

As much as I hate to admit it, the Jimmy Johnson approach to linemen, at least in this draft, is the way to go.

Maybe Brown's stock will catch flames and 9 will be a perfect value pick for him. If that's the case, beauty.

But as of right now, I'd rather trade Harrington and Booker and package their picks with our 2 to move up for Quinn or slide back and pick up an extra 2, 3, or 4.

I feel like all the Dolphins ever do is reach. We reached on Carey, on Brown, went go-go gadget arms for Allen. I want a freagin superstar or at the very least proper value at the position.

What does making a splash have to do with anything? How about substance over form? If Levi Brown is ranked #12-15 overall and he can play LT for us, who cares? That doesn't strike me as much of a reach. We pass up Okoye, Nelson, or Landry? So what? We need OL and WR's. Want to make a splash? Win games, or jump in your pool.

C-HUCKS
02-06-2007, 01:21 PM
I think the Levi Brown would be a solid pick. Imagine what Ronnie Brown could do behind a strong offesensive line. Nore more throwing the ball on 2 and short, just give the ball to Ronnie and he will pick up the first down. It all starts with a strong ol and this is what we need to be a success next year!

IluvJuMiami
02-06-2007, 01:25 PM
What does making a splash have to do with anything? How about substance over form? If Levi Brown is ranked #12-15 overall and he can play LT for us, who cares? That doesn't strike me as much of a reach. We pass up Okoye, Nelson, or Landry? So what? We need OL and WR's. Want to make a splash? Win games, or jump in your pool.

You're absolutely right. Why would I be so gosh darn stupid? The Miami Dolphins? Make a splash? In the draft? The more I say it the more it sounds like a punchline.

I apologize. I forget our history of horribly "solid" picks in the first round. I won't let it happen again.

Where are my swim trunks?

IluvJuMiami
02-06-2007, 01:32 PM
You really think Sears could start at LT? From day 1? Alot of sites I've seen have him projected as a guard in the NFL.

He can play both spots. But IMO, under Houck's tutelage, any of those guys I mentioned can come in and start at LT. Especially if you bring in a veteran like Dielman on the left side.

djphinfan
02-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Guy's,,i really feel there's a chance that joe thomas falls,here's why,

Everybody's got dtroit picking him at # 2,first of all he's not to be considered in the class of a orlando pace,jonathan ogden or a tony boseli who all were top 5 choices,they value is'nt quite there.
Secondly,Millen the numb skull has gone offense 4 years in a row and has come up short on two of those picks,the pressure from the fanbase is to go defense and knowone could argue that defense is their liability.

I think arizona is in the same predicament,they have chosen offense the past four years,they happen to have a great offense and nobody can argue that defense is their liability.

So lets just say detroit go's offense,you mean to tell me they take a joe thomas over a brady quinn or a jamarcus russell when there looking at jon kitna as their future,i'am sorry i'am not buyin it.

I think there is a more of a chance than most people think

jim1
02-06-2007, 01:37 PM
You're absolutely right. Why would I be so gosh darn stupid? The Miami Dolphins? Make a splash? In the draft? The more I say it the more it sounds like a punchline.

I apologize. I forget our history of horribly "solid" picks in the first round. I won't let it happen again.

Where are my swim trunks?

Try the ones with the paisely print!

IluvJuMiami
02-06-2007, 01:44 PM

Everybody's got dtroit picking him at # 2,first of all he's not to be considered in the class of a orlando pace,jonathan ogden or a tony boseli who all were top 5 choices,they value is'nt quite there.
Secondly,Millen the numb skull has gone offense 4 years in a row and has come up short on two of those picks,the pressure from the fanbase is to go defense and knowone could argue that defense is their liability.

I think arizona is in the same predicament,they have chosen offense the past four years,they happen to have a great offense and nobody can argue that defense is their liability.

So lets just say detroit go's offense,you mean to tell me they take a joe thomas over a brady quinn or a jamarcus russell when there looking at jon kitna as their future,i'am sorry i'am not buyin it.

While Joe may slip past the numb skull:lol: remember that Arizona has an OC as head coach and a OLine coach as assistant HC.

I think there's more of a chance that 5 people on this entire forum know what the hell "paisely" means(???) before Joe T gets by the Cards.

Lab3003
02-06-2007, 01:44 PM

I 100% agree. An OT, unless you guarantee that prospect will become Orlando Pace, is not worth the 9th pick in the draft. There are many OT's in this draft worth drafting in the second. I'd rather take someone who either scores points or prevents the other team from scoring.

Finsfan79
02-06-2007, 01:55 PM
love this mock draft, I have been saying this for a while now.

3rd round Stanton
4th round Datish

I would call that a perfect draft :)

cheyannefan
02-06-2007, 01:59 PM
They have mixed some players up. They have Reggie Nelson as a CB from Michigan and Ted Ginn JR. as a S from Florida.

jim1
02-06-2007, 02:05 PM
While Joe may slip past the numb skull:lol: remember that Arizona has an OC as head coach and a OLine coach as assistant HC.

I think there's more of a chance that 5 people on this entire forum know what the hell "paisely" means(???) before Joe T gets by the Cards.

Ask and ye shall receive:

pais·ley (pāz'lē) http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/11/pron-1.gif
adj.

Made of a soft wool fabric with a colorful, woven or printed and swirled pattern of abstract curved shapes.
Marked with this pattern.http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/02/A4paisle-1.jpg

http://www.answers.com/topic/paisley-1

IluvJuMiami
02-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Ask and ye shall receive:

pais·ley (pāz'lē) http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/pron.gif
adj.

Made of a soft wool fabric with a colorful, woven or printed and swirled pattern of abstract curved shapes.
Marked with this pattern.http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/ahd4/A4paisle.jpg

http://www.answers.com/topic/paisley-1

Thank you Jim for taking one of the last few manly things the wifey allows me to indulge in and turning it into Finheaven's Next Top Fabric Consultant.

jim1
02-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Thank you Jim for taking one of the last few manly things the wifey allows me to indulge in and turning it into Finheaven's Next Top Fabric Consultant.

I does what I cans.

Spicy Henne
02-06-2007, 02:45 PM

That's my concern about Levi Brown. If he's an LT in the pros he's worth the ninth pick, if he's only an RT then he isn't. I'm not convinced he has the feet to play on the left in the NFL

jim1
02-06-2007, 02:57 PM
That's my concern about Levi Brown. If he's an LT in the pros he's worth the ninth pick, if he's only an RT then he isn't. I'm not convinced he has the feet to play on the left in the NFL

Exactly, that's what it comes down to. If he really can't play LT and we have Carey kicking butt at RT, I's rather roll with one of the WR's or Gaines Adams. My preference is offense first 3 picks, maybe trade down in 1st for another, then maybe pick up OLB Brian Smith or roll the bones on DT Marcus Thomas in the 4th. Wild card- C Dan Mozes in the 6th, probably won't be there, though. C Kyle Young of Fresno State kind of fell off the radar, might be a darn good pick in the 3rd or 4th.

DRNEWBEE
02-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Didn't brown get worked over at the senior bowl? I say we get Reggie Nelson from FLA instead.

Motion
02-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Didn't brown get worked over at the senior bowl?

No

I say we get Reggie Nelson from FLA instead.

I like your style. :D

Stitches
02-06-2007, 03:26 PM

I didn't know Ernie Sims played offense. I guess that's news to me.

HysterikiLL
02-06-2007, 03:35 PM
I'd be a little pissed if we spent the 9th pick on Brown to be honest. He looks like a good player, but IMO we'd be reaching just to fill a need, and that's a stupid thing to do at 9. Yes, we need O. line help, but the bottom line is that there are some very good players on the board at 9 that I don't think it'd be smart to pass on just to fill a spot.

Stitches
02-06-2007, 03:40 PM
I'd be a little pissed if we spent the 9th pick on Brown to be honest. He looks like a good player, but IMO we'd be reaching just to fill a need, and that's a stupid thing to do at 9. Yes, we need O. line help, but the bottom line is that there are some very good players on the board at 9 that I don't think it'd be smart to pass on just to fill a spot.

Well, I don't think it'd be a reach. Honestly I could see Brown going as high as the Texans pick. He looks really good, and is far and away the 2nd best T in the draft. I really just don't see hwo it'd be a reach at this point, not to mention it does indeed fill a need. So you are getting one of the best players on the board, someone who should be able to start opening day, and filling a need. I don't see how that is a reach, but that's just me.

ChambersWI
02-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Levi Brown is starting to remind me of another Levi that was drafted recently; Levi Jones. The Bengals took him at 10 and it was considered a huge reach, but he's been a very good LT, and when healthy, is probably a top 10 LT in the league and a pro bowler (was an alternate last year).

I think too many people want to go for the big name guy, instead of the solid guy. I don't know if Levi's stock has got him to the top 10, or if he'll play LT in the NFL, but he's probably a top 15 pick, and is in more of a position to help us right away.

I think what people need to realize is that linemen(minus stud DEs), and linebackers, are never the sexy picks in the draft. I was too young to remember, bu I'm almost positive that nobody was overly thrilled about us drafting Richmond Webb (who made he pro bowl as a rookie) or reaching for a young DT from Ole Miss named Tim Bowens (who won rookie of the year)

SR 7
02-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Levi Brown is starting to remind me of another Levi that was drafted recently; Levi Jones. The Bengals took him at 10 and it was considered a huge reach, but he's been a very good LT, and when healthy, is probably a top 10 LT in the league and a pro bowler (was an alternate last year).

I think too many people want to go for the big name guy, instead of the solid guy. I don't know if Levi's stock has got him to the top 10, or if he'll play LT in the NFL, but he's probably a top 15 pick, and is in more of a position to help us right away.

I think what people need to realize is that linemen(minus stud DEs), and linebackers, are never the sexy picks in the draft. I was too young to remember, bu I'm almost positive that nobody was overly thrilled about us drafting Richmond Webb (who made he pro bowl as a rookie) or reaching for a young DT from Ole Miss named Tim Bowens (who won rookie of the year)

Wow I never knew bowens was a rookie of the yr n webb was a pro bowler. I rem webb during that yr where he got franchised tagged. N bowens I rem him a lot. He was dominant.