PDA

View Full Version : Renting 360 Games at Blockbuster

eckerdguy
02-06-2007, 11:42 AM
I have a question for anyone who has rented 360 games at Blockbuster. When I rented Dead Rising the other day I realized that this was only a 5 day rental and they said I needed a credit card on my account to rent 360 games. Whatever I am not worried about that. My main question is do you still get the extra time (additional 5 days) to bring back a 360 game and not be charged or are they more stingy.

I know with regular games you can keep them another 7 days and never get dinged and if you want you can keep it a month and only pay a little over a buck.

My other gripe is why is Dead Rising (a game that his been out for a long time still only a 5 day rental. Especially when every copy is on the shelf.

Any help will be greatly appreciated if you have had experience renting 360 games from blockbuster. Thanks.

Predaphin
02-06-2007, 11:57 AM
I have a question for anyone who has rented 360 games at Blockbuster. When I rented Dead Rising the other day I realized that this was only a 5 day rental and they said I needed a credit card on my account to rent 360 games. Whatever I am not worried about that. My main question is do you still get the extra time (additional 5 days) to bring back a 360 game and not be charged or are they more stingy.

I know with regular games you can keep them another 7 days and never get dinged and if you want you can keep it a month and only pay a little over a buck.

My other gripe is why is Dead Rising (a game that his been out for a long time still only a 5 day rental. Especially when every copy is on the shelf.

Any help will be greatly appreciated if you have had experience renting 360 games from blockbuster. Thanks.

IMO, it's not worth it. I asked about the game rentals the other day and they are expensive. You're better off going through gamefly.

I have the blockbuster total access movie rental and they give me a free game rental once a month, that is the only game rental i get. I usually just download a demo to try out the game.

The only way I would rent a game is if my XBOX 360 was modded. My cousin has his modded and he rents games for burning purposes only.

Motion
02-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Gamefly FTW!!!!

Keep it as long as you want!

SpurzN703
02-06-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm looking at GameFly's website right now and have a question. They say that you can rent a game for as long as you like. Does that mean you can rent it for 365 days straight?

Can you cancel your membership after like 3 months or is it a yearly thing?

Motion
02-06-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm looking at GameFly's website right now and have a question. They say that you can rent a game for as long as you like. Does that mean you can rent it for 365 days straight?

:yes:

Not sure about this, although you pay monthly so I would think you could cancel at anytime.

SpurzN703
02-06-2007, 02:31 PM
:yes:

Not sure about this, although you pay monthly so I would think you could cancel at anytime.

Yeah I saw that you cancel at anytime but I still dont buy the fact that you can hold onto the game for a year and they won't come to look to slit your throat at night

UltraDol-Fan
02-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Yeah I saw that you cancel at anytime but I still dont buy the fact that you can hold onto the game for a year and they won't come to look to slit your throat at night

you're paying a monthly fee, why would they care if you have the same game for a year...it's all the same to them. If you have one game for the year or a different game every month, it's still just 1 game to them.

Motion
02-06-2007, 02:44 PM

I kept one for about 4 months one time. I doubt they care to much about how long you keep it as long as they get it back. And if they don't they just charge your card for it. Of course, should you get a game you feel like you wanna keep, theres always the option of reporting it "lost" in the mail. They just send the next game on your list, no questions asked.

Mainge
02-06-2007, 05:43 PM
I kept one for about 4 months one time. I doubt they care to much about how long you keep it as long as they get it back. And if they don't they just charge your card for it. Of course, should you get a game you feel like you wanna keep, theres always the option of reporting it "lost" in the mail. They just send the next game on your list, no questions asked.

Really? LMAO. :sidelol:

I really did lose a PS2 game though, Champions Of Norrath, and haven't worked up the balls to report it.

I'll go do that now. Been dieing to play some more PS3 games.

Predaphin
02-06-2007, 08:38 PM

Well, assuming you pay for 12 months you can keep them for 365 days straight. I beleive you have to pay monthly, so as long as you pay your monthly fee you can continue to keep the game. At least that's how it worked when I was renting games.

Predaphin
02-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Really? LMAO. :sidelol:

I really did lose a PS2 game though, Champions Of Norrath, and haven't worked up the balls to report it.

I'll go do that now. Been dieing to play some more PS3 games.

Yeah, I've actually done that before as well. But don;t do it too often or they'll eventually catch on.

Motion
02-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Well, assuming you pay for 12 months you can keep them for 365 days straight. I beleive you have to pay monthly, so as long as you pay your monthly fee you can continue to keep the game. At least that's how it worked when I was renting games.

Right, depending what plan you go with if you really wanna play $20/month for the same game for a year, have at it! Better be a good game! :lol:

Yeah, I've actually done that before as well. But don;t do it too often or they'll eventually catch on.

Yeah, I've used Gamefly for over a year and have only done that twice. :D