PDA

View Full Version : @!#! this cold weather!!!

fishfanfromjerz
02-06-2007, 01:57 PM
as a NJ resident and someone who has to work outside in this weather......i would officially like to state that i denounce this cold weather and that no man, woman, or child should ever have to deal with this bitter coldness.......i welcome global warming with open arms

ps.....if anyone is expecting a package this week from a delivery company....and you do not answer the door in a timely fashion, and i have to wait outside in the bitter cold while you drag your fat *** to the door....ill be drop kicking your package across your lawn!

dolphinfn3454
02-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Ya that does suck. Its 75 and sunny in Southern Cali right now.:D

sirvmac
02-06-2007, 03:20 PM
man, i live in Illinois, and it has been -13 degrees across the board. Currently, its -5 degrees with LOTS of snow. My school wont even give us a day off. It is freaking cold as hell. Usually i can take it, but this is just bull****.

Motion
02-06-2007, 03:21 PM
as a NJ resident and someone who has to work outside in this weather......i would officially like to state that i denounce this cold weather and that no man, woman, or child should ever have to deal with this bitter coldness.......i welcome global warming with open arms

ps.....if anyone is expecting a package this week from a delivery company....and you do not answer the door in a timely fashion, and i have to wait outside in the bitter cold while you drag your fat *** to the door....ill be drop kicking your package across your lawn!

:lol:

Roman529
02-06-2007, 03:54 PM
This has been the one of the coldest winters ever here in Colorado, BUT it is 63 degrees here at the moment. It's about time we got some warm weather. January was 4 degrees below normal here and we had six straight weekends where it snowed. I am sick of snow!!!! :tantrum: So I think I am going to rub on some suntan lotion today. :tongue: Be careful you don't break your foot on those packages. :lol:

PhinzN703
02-06-2007, 04:46 PM
This has been the one of the coldest winters ever here in Colorado, BUT it is 63 degrees here at the moment. It's about time we got some warm weather. January was 4 degrees below normal here and we had six straight weekends where it snowed. I am sick of snow!!!! :tantrum: So I think I am going to rub on some suntan lotion today. :tongue: Be careful you don't break your foot on those packages. :lol:

Why the hell is it so warm there but it's 20 here in Northern VA? :tongue:

Motion
02-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Why the hell is it so warm there but it's 20 here in Northern VA? :tongue:

You got 20s? Must be nice.

byroan
02-06-2007, 05:00 PM
We hit 37 today! :woot:

Motion
02-06-2007, 05:06 PM
It was 5 when I passed the bank at lunch time! :woot:

Miamian
02-06-2007, 05:14 PM
It was about in the 50's today in Tel Aviv and drizzling.

BTW, since the largest number of posters is from south Florida, what is the weather like in Miami today? Sorry snowbirds.

Celtkin
02-06-2007, 05:45 PM
It's in the 60's here in Central Florida

JSwerdy
02-06-2007, 05:47 PM
It was about in the 50's today in Tel Aviv and drizzling.

BTW, since the largest number of posters is from south Florida, what is the weather like in Miami today? Sorry snowbirds.

its 70 here, actually pretty nice outside. it was gorgeous leading up the superbowl and then it just rained (really drizzled, but damn northerners think that's rain) all of sunday and was just overcast and gross on monday. today started off bad but actually turned out pretty nice.

i love the "winter" here, its the 2 weeks i get to wear my massive hoodie collection i built up in college

BritP
02-06-2007, 05:57 PM
minus 18 windchill factor today....super cold.

btw, your future wife is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

Brown42000
02-06-2007, 05:58 PM
It won't get out of the 20s for the next 7 days here in Rhode Island but have only gotten around 2 inches of snow all winter. BTW no one should welcome global warming because it will lead to another ice age and killing most population but not many of us will still be alive when it gets really bad it will effect our children, our grandchildren and their children if it hasn't already happened.

Hellion
02-06-2007, 06:15 PM
I understand I have had some pretty bad outside jobs......but hey man me and my wife both work please don't drop kick my packages. :(

Just slide it between the doors.....thanks man.:wink:

GoBills24
02-06-2007, 06:42 PM

Doug Heffernan?

Rocky Raccoon
02-06-2007, 07:06 PM
dammit now I have to run to the door everytime I'm expecting a package.

Metal Panda
02-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Bah. This is one of the few months I don't feel like dropping napalm on the entire state of Florida. I love this weather.

Most of the rest of the year Florida is a stank damp cesspool. Then again I've been wanting to leave this place fora while now since I've lived here 26 years.

JSwerdy
02-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Bah. This is one of the few months I don't feel like dropping napalm on the entire state of Florida. I love this weather.

Most of the rest of the year Florida is a stank damp cesspool. Then again I've been wanting to leave this place fora while now since I've lived here 26 years.

i had the exact same mentality as you when i left for college in PA, after four years of that i will never take this place for granted again, its given me a new appreciation, even summer doesnt seem as bad

FinsAreLife
02-06-2007, 08:07 PM
global warming my a$$. I had no school today because the busses coldnt run cause its soo cold.

d-day
02-06-2007, 08:07 PM
70's today - get any colder and i might have to put a long sleeve shirt on

Rocky Raccoon
02-06-2007, 08:13 PM
70's today - get any colder and i might have to put a long sleeve shirt on

:lol:

:nono:

FinsNCanes
02-06-2007, 08:41 PM
It's like 68 right now with a slight breeze..****ing insane :cooldude:

Quit yer bitchin. Once the summer get's here you can barely smoke a cig without sweating your *** off and you'll all have nice weather. Get over it.

FLOUNDER
02-06-2007, 09:38 PM
It got down to -15 here last night. We have missed the past 2 days of school because of it....

This weather sucks.

NJFINSFAN1
02-06-2007, 09:43 PM

Oh suck it up, its not bad. Get on a pair of skis and get out and enjoy it!:rolleyes:

GoBills24
02-06-2007, 10:24 PM
global warming my a$$. I had no school today because the busses coldnt run cause its soo cold.

Same here.

And I plan to have off tomorrow as well.

fishfanfromjerz
02-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Oh suck it up, its not bad. Get on a pair of skis and get out and enjoy it!:rolleyes:

yet another NJ resident who will have their "FRAGILE" box thrown about before it is delivered

Sethdaddy8
02-07-2007, 12:10 AM

Its either unseasonably warm, my allergies kick my a**, and I'm sick, or its freezing weather, but I feel good. tough one, but i'm trying to embrace the cold.

wpgfishfan
02-07-2007, 12:53 AM
Coldest day in 10 years on Monday

-42C which is -44 in F

With the Wind Chill it was -56C which is -68F so please don't talk about it being cold where you are

9 more days till the family and I go to Punta Cana:cooldude:

Ray Finkle
02-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Yes it's been cold as hell the past week but I really can't complain about it. It's Feb. 6th and I think where I live in CT we got maybe 3 inches of snow total this whole winter so far. I'll take this cold weather for a month over snow any day. Of course now I just jinxed myself and the worst blizzard since 1872 will probably hit my house this weekend.

FINintheMOON
02-07-2007, 01:04 AM

-42C which is -44 in F

With the Wind Chill it was -56C which is -68F so please don't talk about it being cold where you are

Coldest day in 11 years here in DC... However, with the wind chill... -7F... Not anywhere NEAR what you are experiencing!!!

King Nate
02-07-2007, 01:08 AM
It's in the 60's here in Central Florida

I know, I hate it. It better get back up to the high 70's and fast. I miss beach and pool days.

Sethdaddy8
02-07-2007, 01:22 AM

-42C which is -44 in F

Some of the coldest cold I have ever felt was in Canada. It gets ridiculous up there. I think your Celsius and Fahrenheit is off tho.

PhinzN703
02-07-2007, 11:24 AM
You got 20s? Must be nice.

You near the mountains then? It was colder in Fairfax then it was here. We're near D.C. so we don't get as cold as the suburbs. But hell, the low was still 6

PhinzN703
02-07-2007, 11:27 AM
It's like 68 right now with a slight breeze..****ing insane :cooldude:

Quit yer bitchin. Once the summer get's here you can barely smoke a cig without sweating your *** off and you'll all have nice weather. Get over it.

It gets into the high 80 low 90s here too man. The UV index doesnt kill us like Florida, but it gets brutal here in the summer as well

wpgfishfan
02-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Some of the coldest cold I have ever felt was in Canada. It gets ridiculous up there. I think your Celsius and Fahrenheit is off tho.

-40C and -40F is where we are the same

For every 5 degrees C you get 9 degrees F

40C = 104F
35C = 95F
30C = 86F
25C = 77F
20C = 68F
15C = 59F
10C = 50F
5C = 41F
0C = 32F (freezing temp. for water)
-5C = 23F
-10C = 14F
-15C = 5F
-20C = -4F
-25C = -13F
-30C = -22F
-35C = -31F
-40C = -40F
-45C = -49F
-50C = -58F
-55C = -67F

Your conversion table is brought to you by "Help MOR fall in love fund"

NJFINSFAN1
02-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Yes it's been cold as hell the past week but I really can't complain about it. It's Feb. 6th and I think where I live in CT we got maybe 3 inches of snow total this whole winter so far. I'll take this cold weather for a month over snow any day. Of course now I just jinxed myself and the worst blizzard since 1872 will probably hit my house this weekend.

Yep, it was spring like weather until two weeks ago, that's why everyone is sick now, the cold didn't kill the summer germs.

And it hasn't been that cold, a day or two?

And we have had no more then a dusting of snow all winter.

Its been a cake winter which ticks me off, much rather have a ton of snow.

Superself
02-07-2007, 05:55 PM
I love the cold weather! Nothing is more fresher than ice cold air flowing outta your lungs in the morning.

Heck, I remember back in 1990 while stationed in Ft Riley, Kansas, we stayed outside on a field problem in a steel tank for 10 weeks from January until March. Our vehicle's heat lasted for about 3 weeks then it died...never was replaced.
Damn division commander ordered the artillery brigades to hit the targets with zero errors and we couldn't leave the field until all the units achieved it.

Our motto became: "if it ain't snowin, we ain't goin"

Slappy8800
02-07-2007, 08:03 PM
im in jersey and deliver pizza at night...and i really dont mind the cold...people seem to think i need a bigger tip because its colder outside which is fine by me