PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper Mock Draft

alen1
02-06-2007, 04:37 PM
On espnews i just saw mel kipers mock draft and he has quinn falling to us at nine, sorry no link cuz im not an insider and it was on tv but if u are an insider you can find it on espn.com ....

chibully
02-06-2007, 04:53 PM
well quinn could fall to us, but i don't think he will. if he's there, do we take him, i don't know. maybe, but i think we have bigger needs.

i hear alot of people saying leon hall or laron landry for us, but i don't think we need a safety. i think our biggest need is offensive lineman, and there are two teams ahead of us who i think really need a good offensive lineman, lions and cardinals. and i think those spots will be filled by joe thomas and gaines adams. joe will definetly go, but i could see gaines falling.

i think our second biggest need is defensive lineman. if we go defensive lineman, we should take amobi okoye. i heard the guy did great in the senior bowl.

Dors156
02-06-2007, 04:56 PM
i could see Quinn falling to us easily. I would be thrilled with him as our pick. if he doesnt fall, i see a safety or wide reciever as our pick

marcodolphin
02-06-2007, 05:02 PM
if there are still concers about daunte culpepper being able to play for the dolphins it would be a great pickup at 9 if daunte is 100 percent it would be a wast pick i personally am praying for joe thomas to fall

jdang307
02-06-2007, 05:03 PM
1.Oakland Raiders
JaMarcus Russell*QB

2. Detroit Lions
Joe Thomas
OT
Wisconsin

3 or 4
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Calvin Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=161197)*
WR
Georgia Tech

4 or 3
Cleveland Browns
Adrian Peterson*
RB
Oklahoma

Arizona Cardinals
Gaines Adams
DE
Clemson

Washington Redskins
Jamaal Anderson*
DE
Arkansas

Minnesota Vikings
Ted Ginn Jr. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=156844)*
WR
Ohio State

Houston Texans
Levi Brown (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=172944)
OT
Penn State

Miami Dolphins
Brady Quinn
QB
Notre Dame

Atlanta Falcons
LaRon Landry
S
LSU

San Francisco 49ers
Alan Branch*
DT
Michigan

Buffalo Bills
Amobi Okoye
DT
Louisville

St. Louis Rams
Charles Johnson*
DE
Georgia

Carolina Panthers
Dwayne Bowe (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=146735)
WR
LSU

Pittsburgh Steelers
Jarvis Moss*
DE
Florida

Green Bay Packers
Marshawn Lynch (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=163361)*
RB
California

IluvJuMiami
02-06-2007, 05:03 PM
well quinn could fall to us, but i don't think he will. if he's there, do we take him, i don't know. maybe, but i think we have bigger needs.

Bigger needs than a 6'4, 227 lbs franchise QB with above average mobility, arm strength, and a high football IQ?

Is Cam Cameron stepping down as HC?

Quinn falling to 9 is a godsend and I, for one, do not want to defy the Alpha and Omega.

jdang307
02-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Even if Cpep is healthy, we go for quinn if he falls. I don't think Miami was looking at QB when they chose marino.

Motion
02-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Jarvis Moss at 15? Wow

jdang307
02-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Wow is Minnesota and Ted Ginn. You'd think they would be jaded by Williamson.

Dwayne Bowe is moving up fast.

Levi Brown off the board by the time we pick?

ASUFinFan
02-06-2007, 05:09 PM
We would take Quinn if hes available at 9. He would be our Rivers, and Cam would groom him to take over for Cpep within a year or two I believe. He is exactly the qb that cam covets.

CANDolphan
02-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Quinn would be a fantastic pickup for us.

Ted Ginn is a 4 letter word as far as Im concerned.. if Miami picks him I'm going to be VERY sad that Miami has become a team that buys into hype and combine numbers.

Honestly, Im getting so aggrivated. Its not a wasted pick even if Culpepper is 100% next season, that makes it even BETTER. Quinn can ride the pine for a year, learn the system, learn some stuff from Cam Cameron, and then eventually when Culpepper goes down for good ( very likely in 1-2 years ) Miami will have their franchise quarterback ready to go!

23_Phins_84
02-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Even if Cpep is healthy, we go for quinn if he falls. I don't think Miami was looking at QB when they chose marino.

Please dont tell me you are sayingf Quinn is the next Marino. If you are, you are setting yourself up for MAJOR dissapointment

ASUFinFan
02-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Please dont tell me you are sayingf Quinn is the next Marino. If you are, you are setting yourself up for MAJOR dissapointment

No he was not saying that. I think you know what he meant, he was just implying that even if its not a need, you dont pass on a possible franchise signal caller. Especially when theres questions circling what we currently have on our roster.

IluvJuMiami
02-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Quinn would be a fantastic pickup for us.

Ted Ginn is a 4 letter word as far as Im concerned.. if Miami picks him I'm going to be VERY sad that Miami has become a team that buys into hype and combine numbers

Up and until Ginn takes his first pass/punt/kick to the house. Then you'll be cheering at the top of your lungs with the rest of us.

I don't think too highly about Mel Kiper and his picks but is it wrong of me to be willing to sacrifice my loyal Labrador in return for his Quinn to Miami prediction being on the money?

Mr772
02-06-2007, 05:17 PM

i hear alot of people saying leon hall or laron landry for us, but i don't think we need a safety. i think our biggest need is offensive lineman, and there are two teams ahead of us who i think really need a good offensive lineman, lions and cardinals. and i think those spots will be filled by joe thomas and gaines adams. joe will definetly go, but i could see gaines falling.

i think our second biggest need is defensive lineman. if we go defensive lineman, we should take amobi okoye. i heard the guy did great in the senior bowl.

Bigger needs than a possible franchise prototype QB? are you serious?

Yes I agree that Offensive line is one of our biggest weaknesses. But QB is a very close #2. Gaines adams is not an offensive lineman!

I think one of our strengths is at the D Line. We have a lot of young talent there that look pretty solid in the limited time they have played.

finyank13
02-06-2007, 05:17 PM

we need a franchise QB, so tired of mixing and matching.............

phinphanforever
02-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Quinn falling to 9 is a godsend and I, for one, do not want to defy the Alpha and Omega.
Apparently we pray to a different god, because I don't see Quinn falling to the number 9 slot as a divine gift. The only benefit of having Quinn fall to the nine slot is that we may be able to get a few more first day picks.

Stitches
02-06-2007, 05:35 PM
I would think Minny would go elsewhere than WR in round 1. I know they need help, but I would think they'd go DE in round 1(although I see in the mock now, that both Adams and Anderson are gone) and hope Meachem is there in the 2nd.

DrewOldSchool
02-06-2007, 05:35 PM
If we get Quinn or Branch at the 9th pick, I'd be pretty content with our first round selection. However, I don't think Detroit will pick Joe Thomas....even though they should. Levi Brown being picked by Houston is coming out of left field in my opinion. Kiper Jr. changes his mind a lot.

DrewOldSchool
02-06-2007, 05:37 PM
I would think Minny would go elsewhere than WR in round 1. I know they need help, but I would think they'd go DE in round 1(although I see in the mock now, that both Adams and Anderson are gone) and hope Meachem is there in the 2nd.

That Viking secondary could use some tuning.

jdang307
02-06-2007, 05:38 PM
ASUFinFan is correct. No way am I saying Quinn is the next Marino. I don't think Peyton is the next Marino.

That doesn't make him (Quinn) bad though. My point is there has to be a balance between need and BPA. It's not an extreme either way as some posters would like to believe. It's a balance, if a guy is a slight reach but a huge need, why not? If a guy is not a need but has tremendous value, why not?

If it was such an easy formula we wouldn't have to watch on draft day, we would know all the picks.

ohiobryan
02-06-2007, 05:47 PM
the mightyquinn baby!!!!!!

Nick13
02-06-2007, 05:52 PM
if quinn falls to us we take the best offer to trade down. plain and simple.

Carolina, Dallas, KC, Philly, and Chicago could all be looking for a QB, and if we can entice them with Quinn, we can get a smoking deal, maybe a 2nd and a 4th to trade with KC. so that gives us a mid round 1st pick, 2 2nd's and 2 4's, i think that puts us in much better shape than drafting a guy who is going to ride pine for a year or two. we have a defense built to win now and we need to try to get it done.

NorFlaFin
02-06-2007, 06:08 PM
If Quinn falls to 9. We take him and immediately start wheelin and dealin for extra picks.

CC Coach
02-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Minnesota will take Jarrett before Ginn. They are more likely to take a possession WR with their QB situation.
If Quinn is a Dolphin, he will be the starter from day one.
Young and Leinart started last year so will Quinn.

ohiobryan
02-06-2007, 06:17 PM
we need brady quinn!

CANDolphan
02-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Up and until Ginn takes his first pass/punt/kick to the house. Then you'll be cheering at the top of your lungs with the rest of us.

I don't think too highly about Mel Kiper and his picks but is it wrong of me to be willing to sacrifice my loyal Labrador in return for his Quinn to Miami prediction being on the money?

Yeah but what if he has 1 touchdown next year? and only one the following?

I'd rather have the franchise quarterback. Ginn is a project, at best.. not a top 10 pick

kangphin
02-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Quinn will be a raider or lion.

Fresh
02-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Sports Center says, "coming up next find out which team wouldn't be surprised to find Brady Quinn slip to them in the upcoming draft" - something like that. Maybe they're talking about the Dolphins.

But yeah, I saw the top 10 mock on ESPN News this morning too.........

FinAtic8480
02-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Is it OK to pray that Quinn twist his ankle during the combine.Like that he falls to us. Im also praying Adrian Peterson has a hell of a Combine.

Now seriously would anyon flip out if we traded our 1st and Chambers or Booker to the Bucs for their first....

jdang307
02-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Is it OK to pray that Quinn twist his ankle during the combine.Like that he falls to us. Im also praying Adrian Peterson has a hell of a Combine.
Instead of an ankle sprain how about just a bad performance at the combine, with no injury, that's just a fluke?:lol:

Crunkcore
02-06-2007, 07:12 PM
If Quinn fell to 9, we need to draft him.

oldfinfan
02-06-2007, 07:41 PM

Adams is a DL

Regan21286
02-06-2007, 08:18 PM
On espnews i just saw mel kipers mock draft and he has quinn falling to us at nine, sorry no link cuz im not an insider and it was on tv but if u are an insider you can find it on espn.com ....

It's possible and since Leinart did it (who was a much better QB prospect than Quinn at the time), it could happen again. Hopefully it does for us. He's a fast learner, can operate decently from a bad OL, and is good enough to make former Tom Brady mentor Weis enamored with Quinn's play.

PHAZINPHINZPHAN
02-06-2007, 09:08 PM
If he does land to #9 I would like to see us trade down to maybe KC or St louis or carolina

FinAtic8480
02-06-2007, 09:15 PM
You dont trade with KC that is just crazy they have Qb issues.Quinn drops you snag him

footballer
02-06-2007, 09:29 PM
brady quinn.. with the 9th pick.
thats a bet.

Enforcerfin33
02-06-2007, 09:43 PM
MSN's mock draft has us taking Darrelle Revis CB from Pitt. at #9

IluvJuMiami
02-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Miami fans are unbelievable. I love all of you, I truly do whether I agree with you or not, you're fellow Dolfans, but if we were talking face to face and you'd bring up trading down when FINALY A FRANCHISE QB FALLS TO US IN I DON'T EVEN WANT TO COUNT THE YEARS, I would beat you on principle alone. It would be solely for your own good, not that I wouldn't enjoy it atleast a tiny bit, but still, I would beat some common sense into you for the betterment of you.

I can't even contemplate more than one post saying to trade down. Really? Are you serious? I keep hoping KFC put a hallucinogenic in my chicken. After all of our QB troubles over the years, there is actually more than a single post requesting a trade down in the highly unlikely situation that a top 5 QB falls to us for future grooming?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

tstplt64
02-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Miami was not prpepared with the departure of Dan Marino, We could have had Drew Brees (twice) and we have had to get by with rejects, projects and has beens at the position ever since. Taking Quinn at #9 if he is available would be a wise move

TexanPhinatic
02-07-2007, 03:20 AM
Miami was not prpepared with the departure of Dan Marino, We could have had Drew Brees (twice) and we have had to get by with rejects, projects and has beens at the position ever since. Taking Quinn at #9 if he is available would be a wise move

AMEN!! If we pass on him at #9, just ugh!

That said, the owner of the Texans was asked about Carr today and wasnt very clear-never said Carr would be back for sure, and made the comment that they needed consistency at the QB spot which Carr has not given them so far. Then went on to say that if/when Carr lights it up nobody will care what his past was. Very ambiguous in general.

I was of the mind that Kubiak the QB savior was gonna try and fix him, but those comments were a little scary. They may be waiting to see if Quinn falls to them, and if so, its at best a 50/50 they take him. They need some major help at both lines and in the secondary and at RB, so they might opt out of quinn, but damn they might get awfully tempted.

PewterKrew
02-07-2007, 08:41 AM
As a Bucs fan the Bucs needs are LT,DE,DT,S,LB,C at this point I am hoping the Viking want to trade up to the 3 or 4 spot if Calvin Johnson is still on the board. and the Bucs coulds pick up the Vikings second rounder and end up with 5 picks on the first day to fill many holes while improving an aging defense.

TampaFinsFan01
02-07-2007, 10:27 AM

I vehemently disagree. If BQ is there at 9, get out of that pick. The Bucs might want him, and they have two first second round picks. Maybe they would be willing to send us their first pick next year, the first of their two seconds this year, this years fourth rounder and Michael Clayton (who appears to be in great shape and is finally healthy) for the #9 pick.

For them, it would mean getting Calvin Johnson and Brady Quinn. With Cadillac, they would have to feel pretty good about their future, so parting with those picks might not be too much to ask.

Dol_Fan_4_Ever
02-07-2007, 10:46 AM
I vehemently disagree. If BQ is there at 9, get out of that pick. The Bucs might want him, and they have two first second round picks. Maybe they would be willing to send us their first pick next year, the first of their two seconds this year, this years fourth rounder and Michael Clayton (who appears to be in great shape and is finally healthy) for the #9 pick.

For them, it would mean getting Calvin Johnson and Brady Quinn. With Cadillac, they would have to feel pretty good about their future, so parting with those picks might not be too much to ask.

I agree with the person above me, we don't even know if Quinn is even worth a top 10 pick. Quinn is of course a system QB and how many ranked teams has he beat while at ND? Oh yeah...zero. That alone says he can't handle pressure and is inconsistent. His leading receiver is off to play baseball, I mean, come on. If another team believes he has a lot more value, please trade him away because signs of "Bust" are popping up all over. At least with Joe Thomas you are upgrading your OL massively and with Landry or Hall, the secondary is greatly improved. By trading down, we could probably get an extra first round or even a couple 2nd's.

Enforcerfin33
02-07-2007, 10:52 AM
I agree with the person above me, we don't even know if Quinn is even worth a top 10 pick. Quinn is of course a system QB and how many ranked teams has he beat while at ND? Oh yeah...zero. That alone says he can't handle pressure and is inconsistent. His leading receiver is off to play baseball, I mean, come on. If another team believes he has a lot more value, please trade him away because signs of "Bust" are popping up all over. At least with Joe Thomas you are upgrading your OL massively and with Landry or Hall, the secondary is greatly improved. By trading down, we could probably get an extra first round or even a couple 2nd's.
On that same line, Peyton Manning was a bust then too, right? And you are correct, he is a system QB, but it was an NFL system he was running, and it was one of the most complex ones in college football. Granted they had problems getting wins, he also kept them in alot of close games. Quinn under the right guidance and system could be a perinial all star Qb, and who's to say Cam isnt the man to make that happen?

Regan21286
02-07-2007, 03:38 PM
On that same line, Peyton Manning was a bust then too, right? And you are correct, he is a system QB, but it was an NFL system he was running, and it was one of the most complex ones in college football. Granted they had problems getting wins, he also kept them in alot of close games. Quinn under the right guidance and system could be a perinial all star Qb, and who's to say Cam isnt the man to make that happen?

And not only that, it's a system that helped the Patriots get all those Super Bowls. And it's a system that's still in use by them. That's not a bad system to have. And Weis also notes that Quinn's a fast learner, which would be ideal since he really doesn't have all that much to adjust to after playing behind a pro level offense.

cowtowndick
02-07-2007, 03:52 PM

look, if you don't like quinn, you don't like him - that's fair. but don't dress your bias or prejudice up as analysis. notre dame's lack of success in big games maybe had more to do with the fact that football is a team game, and the rest of the team wasn't very good. that secondary was horrible. and what does samardzija playing baseball have to do with anything?

TampaFinsFan01
02-08-2007, 10:06 AM
All of you that are infatuated with B. Quinn should go watch the Sugar Bowl vs LSU. LSUs defense was great, to be sure, but alot of NFL defenses are even better. And Quinn was horrible. His decision making was bad, his throws were off target, and he lost his composure.

BQ=Rick Mirer, IMO. If a QB was all we needed, I might say take a chance on him. But we have SOOOOO many needs. Get out of that pick if BQ is available and start accumulating picks so we can do something proven to work in the NFL...build through the draft.

Dmarino110
02-08-2007, 12:11 PM

I would love Joe thomas but he is the best Oline in the country and some places have him going 2 or 3. We wont get him. We can get Levi brown but is he worth a top 10 pick. The thing about teams like us who do have needs but werent so bad that a single player could help us is that if you get a top ten pick you take top 10 player. You almost always go after the best player on the board. If quinn is there at 9 he is the best player on the board unless the first 8 teams were eating shrooms before their picks.

You take the best player.
When was the last time we had a good 1st round pick? Keith Simms? If Quinn is there, you steal him and laugh as you rip up harrington's and pep's contracts

Dol_Fan_4_Ever
02-08-2007, 01:52 PM
You take the best player.
When was the last time we had a good 1st round pick? Keith Simms? If Quinn is there, you steal him and laugh as you rip up harrington's and pep's contracts

Yeah, I do get the concept of taking the best player but common sense says you don't have to keep it. Someone way before me said that carolina and kansas city both have QB problems which are evident since both of their QB's might retire soon and get their picks plus a little something extra such as a second round or an offensive lineman. It's pretty much how Cam wants to build the team, hopefully a lot better than Nick or Wanny ever did.