PDA

View Full Version : five things that bother you about society today

maverick50
02-06-2007, 05:47 PM
AM I the only man that thinks people are so greedy that they would sell their own families for a extra dollar or become jets fans because maimi doesnt win enough games anymore? here is 5 things that bother me as a dolphin american.
#1 it bothers me when three dolphin players have a bad year and dolphin fans want to brand them as worthless.

#2 that there is no quality tv and movies that dont include sex and violence anymore and everything is either talk show crap or reality tv crap.

#3 it bothers me when people start dissing my favorite dolphin legion dan marino because he doesnt have a ring.

#4 this is my pet peeve. everything you do now cost money compared to 20 years ago and people dont want to pay you anything but expect you to pay more for meaningless stuff.

#5 i am tired of people and the rudness when there is no reason for it.

:shakeno: :fire:

BritP
02-06-2007, 05:51 PM
1) People who are mean and cruel to others.
2) People who trash our planet
3) People who are selfish and think the world revolves around them (watch that show called 'My Super Sweet 16', very sad indeed.
4) People who don't care how their actions impact others
5) People who don't respect others. Including respecting other people's opinions, property, each other, and kids who are disrespectful.

Mindwarp
02-06-2007, 05:58 PM
1. fat people in spandex
2. Jets fans
3. Rudeness people think they must show to "get things done"
4. how most people have become Self Centered
5. Bad Food being sold in restaurants.

JSwerdy
02-06-2007, 06:00 PM
AM I the only man that thinks people are so greedy that they would sell their own families for a extra dollar or become jets fans because maimi doesnt win enough games anymore? here is 5 things that bother me as a dolphin american.

1) sports announcers-its just getting ridiculous how bad they are now (although im only 23 so i dont know if they were any better back in the day, or the profession in general just sucks)

2) its now socially unacceptable to discipline your kids...i mean ADD is a predominantly (i say predominantly because i do know there are real cases of it) BS disorder, an excuse for parents to blame because they cant discipline their kids. im not saying i want to take out the belt on my kids (when i have them) but a slap on the butt when they misbehave goes a long way.

3) people telling me my morals are flawed. (im talking about you "religious right") pot is still illegal but alcohol is free flowing and our jails are overcrowded, mostly filled with not violent drug offenders lumped in with murderers. the game perpetuates the game, once their in jail they get turned and crime is their only option when they get out (i worked for PD's office, so somewhat first hand observation)

3b) a person should be trusted because they are "christian" i mean its just cliche now, but the use of "christian-like" behavior as what people should strive to be. hold on, as a history major in college i just have these ingrained images of the papacy for the first 1975 years of its existances, as a violent, corrupt, and the very definition of unchristianlike behavior. but then in the last 30 years (and not even then really) they decide to put on the face of moral superiority and act like nothing in the past ever happened. the ultimate was hearing pat bucchanan refer to israel's attacks on lebanon as "unchristian like" well no sh*t sherlock, they arent christian to begin with, but religion aside it was very christian like, i mean sh*t what do you call the crusades? (and israel had much more legitimate cause for action than each of the crusades)

edit: summing this up, just the use of religion to justify righteousnous. just because one is christian doesnt make them a good person, just like be an orthodox jew makes a person any better. people think because they are observant they can talk down/frown up/and preach to the rest of us. just do you

4) bandwagon fans. just seriously go jump off a bridge

5) espn's man-cruses on certain players, ie tom brady/bill bellicheck/ne pats and now peyton and dungy. they just move from one guy to another and dont ever talk about whats going on in sports

5b) espn not showing every teams highlights on sportcenter/baseball tn/nba fast break/nfl live. specifically baseball tonight, i have specifically noted multiple episodes in one week where they did not show any Marlins home runs in "touch em all" segment, even though the fish his multiple HRs that night. or when they ignore a ridiculous play from a small market team in favor of a less than deserving play from a yankee, met, or red sock

thats not even the tip of the iceberg but ill leave it be

Hellion
02-06-2007, 06:10 PM
1. People who make threads like this
2. Hot girls that wanna save the planet instead of druel over me.
3. Message board mods that hate fat people in spandex
4. I have two kids with ADHD sorry if that bugs people.

:goof: :sidelol: just having fun..except for maybe #4.

BritP
02-06-2007, 06:12 PM

:drool:

JSwerdy
02-06-2007, 06:14 PM

actually doesnt bother me at all, its more the attitude of society that everything can be fixed with a pill. ADHD is different in my mind, as i see the difference between the behaviors and the numbers of kids diagnosed with ADHD is less than ADD. its more the standard add crowd, kids whose parents just get them the scripts later in highschool and college instead of teaching the discpline of how to study.

vmarcilfan75
02-06-2007, 06:22 PM

he said Hot not doofus

:goof:

BritP
02-06-2007, 06:23 PM
he said Hot not doofus

:goof:

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :sidelol: I know, I am just a big tard, but I thought if I drooled all over him, he would be happy! :D

vmarcilfan75
02-06-2007, 06:26 PM
:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :sidelol: I know, I am just a big tard, but I thought if I drooled all over him, he would be happy! :D

:hug: :wink:

Towerjack
02-06-2007, 06:30 PM
1) Racists
2) People who won't tolerate other religions
3) Litterbugs and anyone who screws up the countryside
4) People who are creul to animals
5) People who abuse children

Fresh
02-06-2007, 06:36 PM
fat people for various reasons.........

maverick50
02-06-2007, 06:38 PM
1) Racists

i will agree with you on these as well
i hate the brett farve crush that madden slobers all over when doing other games.
i better put saban and they way he does people and his arrogant ways not to mention his draft picks except ronnie

Roman529
02-06-2007, 06:41 PM
#1 it bothers me when three dolphin players have a bad year and dolphin fans want to brand them as worthless.
Which three players? I am sure one of them must be CC....he had a Pro Bowl year and now he looks pretty crappy. We brand them worthless because we care.

#2 that there is no quality tv and movies that dont include sex and violence anymore and everything is either talk show crap or reality tv crap.
There are a lot of good things on PBS, Animal Planet, the History Channel, and a lot of Family Channels. You also can rent old movies at the library that don't contain a lot of sex and violence.

#3 it bothers me when people start dissing my favorite dolphin legion dan marino because he doesnt have a ring.
As long as you feel he is the best that is all that matters.

#4 this is my pet peeve. everything you do now cost money compared to 20 years ago and people dont want to pay you anything but expect you to pay more for meaningless stuff.
Inflation. :tantrum:

#5 i am tired of people and the rudness when there is no reason for it.
Yep, not many people have manners anymore.

My replies above in red.

Hellion
02-06-2007, 06:41 PM
OIC, yeah I have learned to have thick skin when it comes to critisim about it and I do understand what you mean about parents who use it as a crutch. I was just trying to add some humor to it

Now back to the regular schedualed thread.

JSwerdy
02-06-2007, 06:47 PM
1) Racists

forgot about people who trash whats left of our pristine habitats (if youve ever heard the stories of what the cast and crew of "the beach" did to that island when they were done with it was just horrifying (and kind of ironic, considering the topic of the movie)

cant stand animal cruelty, im a sucker for animals (except snakes, although im getting better with them) a friend of mine recently bought some goldfish under the notion that he would eventually use them as a form of fertilizer, not expecting the fish to live past 24 hrs. its been 5 weeks and those babies are still alive and happy thanks to my care

JSwerdy
02-06-2007, 06:53 PM
OIC, yeah I have learned to have thick skin when it comes to critisim about it and I do understand what you mean about parents who use it as a crutch. I was just trying to add some humor to it

Now back to the regular schedualed thread.

yea i should have clarified that thought originally, i thought the "predominantly" part would avoid confrontation with the valid aspect of the disorder. which is actually one of the issues i have with it, diagnoses are so widespread that it jades people like me and our attitudes toward the disorder, so many people claiming it it takes away from the kids who actually are suffering from the disorder

Hellion
02-06-2007, 07:00 PM

Grrrrr Yeah Baby!!! . :groucho:
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

cltchperf
02-06-2007, 07:29 PM
1. People who don't appreciate what they have, and take things for granted. And on top of thatare only focused on narrow, recreational things, and don't seem to look at the broad picture of what is going on the world or in their community.

2. People who litter and just trash the environment. I live in the country and it's irritating driving down the road next to mine that has matresses, garbage, and other things thrown out.

3a. People who feel the universe revolves around them and that they deserve greater privleges than others, or materials because they are special or something

3b.People who are snobs, or really conceited and arrogant. And don't respect others or are extremely judgemental.

4. Liberals getting out of hand. There was a law passed, I can't remember what city or town, but parents could not spank there own children according to this ban. I don't think that would really stop it, but it is so stupid.

5. PEople not taking responsibilty for themselves and always blaming others and not theisselves or being selfish in this regard. For example, in American there are so many stupid lawsuits where people sue others, or other companies because of their own clutziness or stupidity. There are cases where people have every right to sue another person or company, but there are a lot of stupid ones in American as well. The reason is because there are a lot of people in society who don't care that they will ruin another financial life because they want to try to cash out from their own mistake or stupidity, which was their fault in the first place. PEople sueing others because they hurt themselves because they lacked common sense.

Metal Panda
02-06-2007, 07:57 PM
the Moral Majority. Basically what I deem the leering masses who hover like vultures around figures in the media who have done some form of various "evil", and line up to jump on the finger-pointing brigade, making clear everybody knows that 'they' are not in the same category as the criticized in question.

King Felix
02-06-2007, 08:47 PM
1. tom brady
2. pats
3. jets
4. bills

PrepDogg
02-06-2007, 08:52 PM
1) Ignorance
2) Racism
3) White people trying to act black
4) Rock bands today (they all suck)
5) Hot women who won't do me.

d-day
02-06-2007, 08:55 PM
1) i hate followers - everyone is a star - if you don't compare life to a movie and think you are the star of that movie, then you will always be in the background watching and following someone else

Rafiki
02-06-2007, 09:16 PM
1. Self-importance or Entitlement
2. Cruelty
3. Refusal to Learn or Understand
4. Greed
5. Refusal to Empathsize

UCFinfan86
02-06-2007, 09:31 PM
i dont really have 5, but my main grudge is people that come to live in this country who don't speak english. Yes their are some who try. I work at Publix and i get soo annoyed with the people that will come in with food stamps who don't speak english and then they get mad at me because i dont know what they want. The people that come here and try to learn english, get a job, and succeed i have no problem with. Just the ones that sit home, collect welfare and then get mad because i don't speak spanish in America.

Actually i have a 2nd one also. Suppoedly we are trying to get to the point in this country when race isn't an issue. Yet, for job interviews you have to interview black coaches? i don't see no rule saying you have to give a white basketball player a tryout. Or in companys you have to meet a quota of certain amount of minority workers. The one that pisses me off the most is the fact their is are scholarships for only minorities. I don't see any scholarship for whites only. This has really became a big issue with me because i was suppose to get an internship at a company this summer but got denied because the company said they are only hiring minority internships this summer.

vmarcilfan75
02-06-2007, 09:47 PM
1. Deadbeat Parents(if you cant take care of one, why did you have 5 more?)
2. Racism
3. Mean People
4. Abusive People(physically/mentally)
5. Bad Drivers

if you cant go the speed limit while on your cell phone please hang up
if you see me approaching you from behind in the fast lane please be curtious and move the hell over

JSwerdy
02-06-2007, 10:00 PM
1. Deadbeat Parents(if you cant take care of one, why did you have 5 more?)
2. Racism
3. Mean People
4. Abusive People(physically/mentally)
5. Bad Drivers
if you cant go the speed limit on the cell please hang up
if you see me approaching you from behind in the fast lane please be curtious and move the hell over

yea i have to second that

mostly just non-considerate people. ie people who dont say thank you after youve gone out of your way to hold/open a door for them. people who pull up to the light in a straight/right turn lane and are going straight blocking the turn lane when there are no other cars in the other two lanes

miamikid92
02-06-2007, 10:13 PM
let me rephrase that..

how it seems like america is racist towards white people now, and nicer to the other races just because there not white, about stuff that happened a while ago that have nothing to do with now.

Pagan
02-06-2007, 11:25 PM
1. political correctness
2. political correctness
3. political correctness
4. political correctness
5. political correctness

Ray Finkle
02-06-2007, 11:28 PM
In no order:

1. My Space
2. People who keep push buttons in an elevator because they think by pressing it 159392 times it will make it go faster and also who use it to go up or down 1 floor, use the stairs that's why America has a weight problem
3. Bad drivers
4. Stupid people
5. Trying to narrow down my list to just 5 things

texasPHINSfan
02-06-2007, 11:58 PM
1) political-correctness
2) people who take religion too seriously
3) people who get offended at everything
4) stupid people that think they are smart (note: NOT stupid people that know they're stupid - they are harmless)
5) people who don't discipline their kids (and the other people who think it is wrong to hit your kid)

FinsNCanes
02-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Hmm..where do I start..

1 - Girls who refuse to let you PIITB on the first date.
2 - Arrogant/cocky people.
3 - Chicks who expect you to buy them a drink when knowingly they are going to walk away later once you take a piss.
4 - the Mor
5 - The fact that stupid/unfunny/untalented people can strike it rich nowadays.

Colorado Dolfan
02-07-2007, 12:18 AM
1. political correctness
2. political correctness
3. political correctness
4. political correctness
5. political correctness

...and I think that every thing I hate can be boiled down to just that!

Well posted, Pagan! :D

fishfanfromjerz
02-07-2007, 12:21 AM
Hmm..where do I start..

1 - Girls who refuse to let you PIITB on the first date.

wow....fortunately i have not yet had that problem......

my top 5 reasons society has gone wrong.....
1..HIPPIES
2.. Being Politically Correct.........personally, i think this was responsible due to some HIPPY movement
3..Greed....people today are more concerned about financial gain and keeping up with their neighbors than spending time with their families
4..The Media.(all formats)....again, its said when people are more concerned about the lives of celebrities than the lives of their own families... .....kids today know how many @$@#'s paris hilton sucked, but they cannot locate their own state on a map.
5..HIPPIES......damn dirty HIPPIES!

FinsNCanes
02-07-2007, 12:28 AM
wow....fortunately i have not yet had that problem......

my top 5 reasons society has gone wrong.....
1..HIPPIES
2.. Being Politically Correct.........personally, i think this was responsible due to some HIPPY movement
3..Greed....people today are more concerned about financial gain and keeping up with their neighbors than spending time with their families
4..The Media.(all formats)....again, its said when people are more concerned about the lives of celebrities than the lives of their own families... .....kids today know how many @$@#'s paris hilton sucked, but they cannot locate their own state on a map.
5..HIPPIES......damn dirty HIPPIES!

They're probably chicks with dicks.

PrepDogg
02-07-2007, 12:31 AM
They're probably chicks with dicks.

Doesn't that still count? :sidelol:

rob19
02-07-2007, 12:31 AM
1. People who think there better than eveyone: smugness

2. Rude people

3. That women are attracted to *******s

4. Incredibly dumb people that have attitudes.

5. people who wear socks with sandals

JSwerdy
02-07-2007, 12:51 AM
In no order:

1. My Space
2. People who keep push buttons in an elevator because they think by pressing it 159392 times it will make it go faster and also who use it to go up or down 1 floor, use the stairs that's why America has a weight problem
3. Bad drivers
4. Stupid people
5. Trying to narrow down my list to just 5 things

we have a winner, best summation especially #5

Sethdaddy8
02-07-2007, 01:03 AM
1. gratuitous c*ck shots on premium cable television series...Enough already...I get it!
2. people who skate by doing the bare minimum, be it their jobs or their lives...have a little pride!
3. Bryant Gumble and Chris Collinsworth. Are these two a***holes smug and self-righteous or what? Yet, together, they're pretty good!
4. reverse discrimination, it hurts my feelings.
5. violence. "gangbanging isn't a lifestyle, its a deathstyle."

Sethdaddy8
02-07-2007, 01:06 AM
1) Racists

and the Dutch.

FINintheMOON
02-07-2007, 01:14 AM
People
People
People
People
Mother nature

Metal Panda
02-07-2007, 01:30 AM
let me rephrase that..

how it seems like america is racist towards white people now, and nicer to the other races just because there not white, about stuff that happened a while ago that have nothing to do with now.

Oh yes, us poor white people are suffering so badly. :shakeno:

Seriously, that is a complete myth perpetuated by rednecks.

Metal Panda
02-07-2007, 01:31 AM
I find it amusing that somebody answered racism and put right below it "white people who try to act black".

the irony is amusing.

Alex44
02-07-2007, 01:32 AM
1) People who believe in something so strongly that everything else must be wrong. Democrats that say a Republican has done something wrong while if another Dem had done it then it would be great or vise versa is a good example of this.

2) Kids who think that if you act like you care about your education you wont be cool, along with older people who act like you can't have fun and get an education.

3) Quitters...simple as that. People who quit on their dreams because of an obstacle they could have overcome with hard work.

4) People who are religious but don't know much about their religion. Also people who are religious that developed their belief because they were raised and told it was the truth without ever questioning it.

5) The way people let big companies and the government completely rule their lives without ever taking a stand against injustices.

My Wildcard:

6) Mel Kipers mock drafts, they are horrible. He is good at player analysis but not where they will go.

maverick50
02-07-2007, 03:16 PM
i dont know if anyone else will see this but i really hate the red x's in the ladies lounge and the pictures that only show the womens heads.:lol: :sidelol:

miamikid92
02-07-2007, 04:28 PM
1) Ignorance
2) Racism
3) White people trying to act black
4) Rock bands today (they all suck)
5) Hot women who won't do me.

:sidelol:

Pagan
02-07-2007, 05:49 PM
...and I think that every thing I hate can be boiled down to just that!

Well posted, Pagan! :D
:wink:

and the Dutch.
:spit:

I actually saw his face when I read that! :lol:

retired opfinistic
02-07-2007, 06:02 PM
1) Too many products. How many ****ing toothpaste choices do you need?
2) Religion. If you show mohammed with a bomb on his head the Muslims freak, but Lewis Black can bash Christianity all day. (I'm not religious by any stretch, but it does piss me off)
3) Gay dudes on TV. Come on, it's bad enough we have to see Tom Brady play the fins twice a year, does every sitcom need a token homosexual?
4) SUVs. We are feeding the Middle East by driving those monsters.
5) Kids killing other kids. In my day, we beat the **** out of each other. It worked dammit!!!!!!

PrepDogg
02-07-2007, 06:18 PM
I find it amusing that somebody answered racism and put right below it "white people who try to act black".

the irony is amusing.

I wouldn't call that racism. It's just a petpeeve of mine. I'm no racist, bro.

Colorado Dolfan
02-07-2007, 06:23 PM
In my day, we beat the **** out of each other. It worked dammit!!!!!!

:up:

Worked well... :yes:

It seems that nowadays if someone can't win a fight it escalates to a friend jumping in, then a knife, then a gun, etc... :shakeno:

FinsNCanes
02-07-2007, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't call that racism. It's just a petpeeve of mine. I'm no racist, bro.

You're just prejudice :lol: