PDA

View Full Version : Level Up in Madden 07?

Nappy Roots
02-06-2007, 06:50 PM
i dont get it? i just moved up to level 2. but i see some people with crap records in high levels...im 31-18 and my avg opponent is level 4. what the hell is going on?

how do i move up?

Fresh
02-06-2007, 06:58 PM
It's flawed.......

I think it goes by wins and opponent records. At least that's what I heard.

Like you can be 51-80 and better ranked than someone who is 50-10.

Predaphin
02-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Well, I don;t know about the ranking system in Xbox360 (because I don;t play it for the 360.....

But in the PS2 version of online play you move up quicker in rankings by playing tougher teams than those of which you select. For example, if you choose a team that is rated 72 overall (like the Browns or something) and play a team that is like 92 overall (like the colts) and you beat them, you will get alot more ranking points and move up quicker in ranks.

That's why there use to be something called the roster glitch where you would basically set up your roster with the worst players at each position (this would drop your team's overall rating right before the start of the game at the menu team selection screen) and right before you play the game, click on auto-reorder roster and you would get more rank points and would still play with the best guys in your positions.

That's why you'll see guys who are 50-10 and still only ranked @ #1, that's because they probably beat everyone with tougher teams.

Then you'll see guys that are 31-21 with higher ranking, that's probably because they mostly use cheaper teams and beat their opponents.

I'm not sure if the 360 ranks work this way, but I would assume they do.

W.Welker83
02-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Well i no that on ps2 for madden if you use the same name that you used for 06 that your level carrys over with you. So you can be a level 20 on 06 and have a really good record and then play madden 07 and have a really bad record, but still have a high level.

Predaphin
02-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Well i no that on ps2 for madden if you use the same name that you used for 06 that your level carrys over with you. So you can be a level 20 on 06 and have a really good record and then play madden 07 and have a really bad record, but still have a high level.

Yes, that is also true. I was level 29 on Madden 06 and it carried on to Madden 07, even at 0-0 record.