PDA

View Full Version : how about this day 2 QB?

burghPhinFan
02-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Sporting news describes BYU's John Beck...
Although he doesn't have ideal height (6-2), Beck is a smart, decisive passer who sees the field well and can make all the throws.
reminds me of Drew Brees and he's 2 inches taller!

dominizzo
02-06-2007, 11:52 PM
I think hes okay!! Im not Sold On that college!! Jon Beck can surprise but I think he will be a day 2 pick!!

finnyfan4life
02-06-2007, 11:53 PM
seeing how we just signed a qb, i dont think we need another backup.

VT Dolphan
02-07-2007, 12:13 AM
I like John Beck, think he would be a good developmental player if we don't draft one sooner.

But the Drew Brees comparisons need to stop. Any short quarterback is now compared to Brees and it really getting annoying.

FinfanDuda
02-07-2007, 12:13 AM
who did we just sign?

utahphinsfan
02-07-2007, 12:18 AM
I think hes okay!! Im not Sold On that college!! Jon Beck can surprise but I think he will be a day 2 pick!!

It pains me to say anything positive about BYU but John Beck is the best QB to come from there in quite some time. He's not Steve Young or Jim McMahon but he's better than Steve Sarkisian.

BYU has a better track record for sending QB to the pros than say.... Notre Dame.

marcodolphin
02-07-2007, 12:19 AM
why do every small qb reminds people of drew brees the only guy that reminds me of drew brees is drew brees is not troy smith nor john beck its drew brees because drew brees is drew brees understand what i am saying he is drew brees:lol:

DonShula84
02-07-2007, 01:48 AM
I think he's the 5th QB in this draft that someone has said "reminds me of Drew Brees"...interesting.

DonShula84
02-07-2007, 01:49 AM
why do every small qb reminds people of drew brees the only guy that reminds me of drew brees is drew brees is not troy smith nor john beck its drew brees because drew brees is drew brees understand what i am saying he is drew brees:lol:

Beat me to it lol

KingCrowder
02-07-2007, 02:33 AM
who did we just sign?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/02/07/a9c_nflru_0207.html

Quarterback Gibran Hamdan

And seeing how this guy is a future HOF Quarterback drafting one would be out of the question at this point.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-07-2007, 02:35 AM
But the Drew Brees comparisons need to stop

the Beck comparison is valid

I don't blame people for making this comparison, because despite the Brees' success scouts will continue to marginalize guys for the wrong reasons

drafting a guy on the 2nd day who makes good decisions and has a decent arm could be a great thing

Elliott 1
02-07-2007, 04:50 AM
Edwards if any QB second day. However we shouldn't have any second day picks if things go right.

SwampDawg
02-07-2007, 09:35 AM
If you want a day 2 QB with upside look at Josh Swogger from Montana. From what I read of the reports from the Texas vs Nation game last week he was the most impressive QB with good zip on the ball and perfect arching bombs.

Motion
02-07-2007, 09:39 AM

Do you know anything about it?

You realize Steve Young went there? He turned out okay.

retarmyfinfan
02-07-2007, 09:58 AM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/02/07/a9c_nflru_0207.html

And seeing how this guy is a future HOF Quarterback drafting one would be out of the question at this point.

Never heard of that QB. Do you have any info on him?

burghPhinFan
02-07-2007, 11:44 AM
the Beck comparison is valid

I don't blame people for making this comparison, because despite the Brees' success scouts will continue to marginalize guys for the wrong reasons

drafting a guy on the 2nd day who makes good decisions and has a decent arm could be a great thing
thanks

I wasn't aware of a lot of Brees comparisons going on, but I believe that description sounds like both players. I'd be happy with getting him 2nd day if Quinn doesn't pan out.

utahphinsfan
02-07-2007, 12:04 PM

As did Jim McMahon & Ty Detmer.

KingCrowder
02-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Never heard of that QB. Do you have any info on him?

Here is his profile:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/hamdan_gibran

Gibran HamdanPosition: QuarterbackCollege: IndianaHeight: 6-5Weight: 239Hometown: North Potomac, Md.

Looks like he is one of Camerons college boys.

my 2 cents
02-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Here is his profile:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/hamdan_gibran

Looks like he is one of Camerons college boys.

As for Beck I saw the AS game and a couple of other games and my opinion would be...NO!!! No pocket presence and as far as the quote for seeing the field...I never saw an instinctive aware guy...

S. Spurrier spotted Hamden at a Pro Day, he was basically an afterthought and Spurrier I believe got him in the 7th. He is an athletic guy that actually practiced at WR with both the Seahawks and Redskins. He apparently has a very good arm and is a good athlete. He is 6-5 or so, and was tearing up NFLE before he got hurt...broken ankle I believe.

Worth a shot anyway.

DonShula84
02-07-2007, 09:04 PM

I think we all know the answer to that question...