PDA

View Full Version : Tyrus Thomas shows his true colors, fined $10, 000

HysterikiLL
02-06-2007, 11:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nba&id=2756528

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bulls (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=chi) fined forward Tyrus Thomas (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=4132)
$10,000 on Tuesday, one day after the rookie said he only was
interested in the money for the NBA's slam dunk contest.

When asked if being around some of the game's greats could be
beneficial for a rookie, he responded, "I'm just into the free
money. That's it. I'll just do whatever when I get out there."

At least he's honest. :sidelol:

tucker
02-06-2007, 11:50 PM
he's just telling the truth...thats ****ed up if they fined him over something like that

Fresh
02-07-2007, 12:03 AM
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Rocky Raccoon
02-07-2007, 12:23 AM
he's an idiot for saying that, but at least he didn't say it about playing in the NBA in general.

PrepDogg
02-07-2007, 12:53 AM
We all know it's true but it's just not something you say out loud.

Ray Finkle
02-07-2007, 12:54 AM
He got fined for that? Are you kidding me? I give the guy credit for telling the truth and saying what 90% of the players in the pro sports are thinking. Isn't it the point to try to make money to support you and your family that's why you have a job? I wonder if I were to tell my boss the only reason why I work overtime was for the free money if I would get fined.

Just terrible on the NBA's part.

King Nate
02-07-2007, 01:05 AM
Wow. Is the NBA trying to take the No Fun League out of the NFL? David Stern is becoming quite the crazed dictator after the Kobe Bryant suspension and now this.

WestCKoastiN
02-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Telling the truth, but something like that should be kept to himself..

Fresh
02-07-2007, 01:14 AM
He got fined for that? Are you kidding me? I give the guy credit for telling the truth and saying what 90% of the players in the pro sports are thinking. Isn't it the point to try to make money to support you and your family that's why you have a job? I wonder if I were to tell my boss the only reason why I work overtime was for the free money if I would get fined.

Just terrible on the NBA's part.

You get fined for pretty much anything in the NBA right about now........

Section126
02-07-2007, 02:39 AM
He was fined for being a dummy.

You gotta give the politically correct answer when you recieve an honor like participating in the all-star weekend.

It's an unwritten contract.

King Nate
02-07-2007, 08:51 AM
I was just watching Mike and Mike in the morning and realized that it was the Bulls and not David Stern that fined Thomas.

I guess I'll retract my crazed dictator statement now. :lol:

tucker
02-07-2007, 11:27 AM
you still dont fine him for something like that....

plus i bet they fined him $10,000...lol

phinman1
02-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Telling the truth, but something like that should be kept to himself..

That's right, it's simple public relations. As a corporation, you think the NBA wants this type of attitude shown to the public? NBA interest is dwindling, and stuff like this doesn't help as it feeds into the stereotype of NBA players being overpaid, out of touch thugs.

Enforcerfin33
02-07-2007, 02:01 PM
he's an idiot for saying that, but at least he didn't say it about playing in the NBA in general.
well, that shows how he feels about it though.

dreday
02-07-2007, 02:24 PM
:lol: :D I bet thats how alot of NBA players feel about playing.

DeathStar
02-07-2007, 04:07 PM
okay people...get it right...the chicago bulls fined him, not the league. a huge difference. you all are misunderstanding this.

Enforcerfin33
02-07-2007, 04:12 PM
okay people...get it right...the chicago bulls fined him, not the league. a huge difference. you all are misunderstanding this.
I dont care who fined him, he should have kept his thoughts to himself.

unluckyluciano
02-07-2007, 04:17 PM
That's right, it's simple public relations. As a corporation, you think the NBA wants this type of attitude shown to the public? NBA interest is dwindling, and stuff like this doesn't help as it feeds into the stereotype of NBA players being overpaid, out of touch thugs.
Exactly. He said something about his "company" he shouldnt have said. It is not a big deal, but he should no to watch what he says when promoting yours and the nbas image is half of your job.

FINdestructible
02-07-2007, 04:39 PM
We all know it's true but it's just not something you say out loud.

Exactly. I'm sure there are plenty of players that feel that way, they're just smart enough not to say it.

SpurzN703
02-07-2007, 04:53 PM
:lol:

tucker
02-07-2007, 05:16 PM
I dont care who fined him, he should have kept his thoughts to himself.why? how is this a fineable offense? he didnt say anything bad about his team or any players..hell he didnt say anything bad at all...he just said he wants to do it for the money...

Enforcerfin33
02-07-2007, 05:47 PM
why? how is this a fineable offense? he didnt say anything bad about his team or any players..hell he didnt say anything bad at all...he just said he wants to do it for the money...
yeh..I dont know..maybe it was the chicken I had for lunch...now that I look at it maybe it wasn't that bad. :D

djfresh47
02-08-2007, 01:23 AM
The dunk contest is played out. It took Nate Robinson like 13 attempts last year and he won? The previous year Chris Andersen I think had like 10 attempts. Their are players that could make a great dunk contest but none of the guys in this years qualify. The best overall player in the contest is Howard and I think he's on the brink of greatness. Though he's a 6'10 PF/C and I think becuase his size it's just a bad pick. The MLB HR Derby is played out also but atleast they get a few big names in it.

HysterikiLL
02-08-2007, 03:52 AM
"It was a miscommunication and understanding of words," Thomas said

didn't even think I said it in a way to make it be as if I was saying, 'OK, I'm going out to get a check, and that's it.' I didn't [want to make it] like that at all."

:lol: @ his horrible attempt at a denial...he said "I'm only doing it for the free money"...how the heck can you misunderstand that?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-070207smith,1,277343.column?coll=chi-sportstop-hed