PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper Says...

1985Dol-fan
02-07-2007, 12:51 PM
I Know he is always messing up, but ESPN's Draft "Expert" Mel Kiper Believes that Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn will fall to the Fins in the 9 Spot after Oakland Selects Jemarcus Russell and Detroit Passes on a QB to take OT Joe Thomas with the Second Pick. What do you all think about Brady Quinn Possibly Becoming a Fin?

UltraDol-Fan
02-07-2007, 12:53 PM
I like it, it's time we drafted a QB in the first round

1985Dol-fan
02-07-2007, 12:55 PM
I Also want to add the Coach Cameron's Specialty is Quarterbacks. Brady Quinn would be a good one for Coach to help develop

RoninFin4
02-07-2007, 12:56 PM
I like it, it's time we drafted a QB in the first round

I agree.

Vertical Limit
02-07-2007, 12:56 PM
If he falls to #9, it's a no brainer. I'm all for Brady Quinn. Finally a real franchise quarterback.

PhinzN703
02-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Hopefully he's a franchise QB. We havent had one of those in years :rolleyes:

elandre
02-07-2007, 01:02 PM
You have to take him if he drops to #9 its a no brainer although id love to get Gaines Adams or Abioki we could use depth a Dline or LB but hey JT aint leaving for atleast 2 more seasons same with Zach so i think its about time we get a solid qb:D

DNADD
02-07-2007, 01:02 PM
I think solidifying the offensive line is more of a priority. Smart people agree.

Mbs3009
02-07-2007, 01:03 PM
I don't see him falling past the Browns. They need a good QB as much as we do.

1985Dol-fan
02-07-2007, 01:05 PM
I Agree with Fixing the O-Line, after all the game is won or lost in the trenches. But I dont think you can pass up Brady Quinn

SabanHater
02-07-2007, 01:11 PM
I think solidifying the offensive line is more of a priority. Smart people agree.

Offensive line doesn't throw the ball. We need a QB for the love of God!!!!!

USMC_GUNZ
02-07-2007, 01:12 PM

good point...give em harrington, didn't they make an offer last year to detroit for him?

Caldolfan
02-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Say no to Brady Quinn

finfan54
02-07-2007, 01:32 PM
If Quinn, say goodbye to Daunte.

elite14eva
02-07-2007, 01:33 PM
didn't the brown draft frye like 2yrs ago?

Kinzua
02-07-2007, 01:34 PM

I think that the Browns will stick with Charlie Frye rather than draft another QB. They have a lot of holes, and QB isn't their biggest one.

Motion
02-07-2007, 01:37 PM

:shakeno: What good is any QB without a solid line in front of them?

phish729
02-07-2007, 01:44 PM
hey i been seing alot of u here want to trade down and stockpile more picks. i can tell u that if brady quinn falls to 9 there will be teams lining up to select him. this would be the perfect spot for the fins as they would have all the levrage here. i dont think we need a franchise QB just yet we still got daunte who is a ? and we got cleo who i believe would do a fine job at being qb. i think it is obivous that joey is gonna be gone with the siging of that new qb a few days ago. i think we would be better suited to to levi brown if he is there and a game changer on defense what yall think

SabanHater
02-07-2007, 01:45 PM

Our O-line is NOT the worst, and plus who do you see us getting? Thomas will be long gone. We need to start building and you do that by starting with the QB.

Dolphan5876
02-07-2007, 01:46 PM

I would rather fix the line and hold out for Colt Brennan or Brohm next year, but thats just me. :dolphins: :dolphins:

Motion
02-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Our O-line is NOT the worst, and plus who do you see us getting? Thomas will be long gone. We need to start building and you do that by starting with the QB.

Apparently not according to our new coach. Cameron said himself he believes it starts up front and works its way out. Heard of Levi Brown?

Not sure if you realize this or not but with Cameron's playcalling and Ricky possibly coming back we have a good chance at being a very dominant rushing offense. To do that we need a good Oline.

fin1
02-07-2007, 01:54 PM
I think that the Browns will stick with Charlie Frye rather than draft another QB. They have a lot of holes, and QB isn't their biggest one.

Hey kinsuuie long time no smell. I agree with ya on the Browns thing but why wouldn't Detroit take him? Besides the fact they have an LDD running the front office, I think Detroit makes that move.

DolFan31
02-07-2007, 02:00 PM
IF, and I mean, IF, Quinn does fall to #9 and Miami takes him, we must then do the following:

1. Test out Culpepper first. We must not give up on a QB that could still churn out positive play.

2. If Culpepper fails evaluation, then have Cleo start the season, given that Harrington will be gone.

3. Evaluate Cleo's season while preparing Quinn. Then we go from there.

rvicious
02-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Since I know that Mel Kiper cant get anything right, just like the rest of the so called "pros" and "draft gurus" out there making predictions and mock drafts, by default, that makes me an expert too. So with that said I predict that sadly Quinn doesnt reach # 9, somebody will pick him up.

Stitches
02-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Since I know that Mel Kiper cant get anything right, just like the rest of the so called "pros" and "draft gurus" out there making predictions and mock drafts, by default, that makes me an expert too. So with that said I predict that sadly Quinn doesnt reach # 9, somebody will pick him up.

Acually, Scott Wright of NFL draftcountdown tends to be very accurate with his first round predictions(when compared to others), and that sometimes extends all the way to the 3rd round.

FinAtic8480
02-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Why Not Quinn ? Garcia will be a FA and Chilldress will jump all over him cause he knows the Offense of the Vikings Since it is the same as the Eagles...Plummer is out of Denver,he either becomes a Brown or a Texan.Carr might be on his way out of Houston, I seriously dont know why when this kid has so much talent and he is obviously not the Problem....Leftwitch might be out of Jacksonville as well. So we might be looking at possibly 4 QB that can start for other teams .... Im starting to understand why Quinn will fall and im loving the posabilities

Minnphin
02-07-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm not so sure the Browns would take Quinn at that spot. They've got two young guys with potential in Frye and Derek Anderson, who looked pretty good down the stretch this year.

As far as us taking Quinn if he's available, I say do it. I'm a Culpepper supporter, and I'm all for giving him a chance this year. However, the fact remains that he's a thirty year old quarterback who's played 8 games in the last two years, is coming off of a HUGE injury, and he hasn't been known as the most consistant QB out there even when healthy. That's a pretty wild horse to hitch a wagon to.

If CPep returns to form, great. We can let Quinn ride the bench for a couple of years and ship Duante off for a pick when Quinn's ready. If Culpepper doesn't make it back, fine. We've got a young franchise signal caller waiting in the wings.

If Joe Thomas was there too, I'd say take him instead. He won't be though. We can address the OL through free agency and later in the draft. Two years ago when Rodgers was there with the number two pick, everybody was saying wait for Quinn. If he's there, I can't justify waiting yet again for somebody else.

etsudolfan
02-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Take him if he's there

etsudolfan
02-07-2007, 02:41 PM
hey i been seing alot of u here want to trade down and stockpile more picks. i can tell u that if brady quinn falls to 9 there will be teams lining up to select him. this would be the perfect spot for the fins as they would have all the levrage here. i dont think we need a franchise QB just yet we still got daunte who is a ? and we got cleo who i believe would do a fine job at being qb. i think it is obivous that joey is gonna be gone with the siging of that new qb a few days ago. i think we would be better suited to to levi brown if he is there and a game changer on defense what yall think

Time to groom one of our own on our own. I've been following the Fins since I was a kid..I'm tired of everyone's leftovers for our qb. we have a sufficient amount of draft picks. If you trade at all...you send Joey Harrington, Booker, or Chambers for additional picks. Quinn first round..Robert Meachum second round...OL and Defense with the remaining picks

Dors156
02-07-2007, 02:46 PM
if he is there we have to take him and maybe taking a QB will spark fire in Culpepper to step up his game

rvicious
02-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Acually, Scott Wright of NFL draftcountdown tends to be very accurate with his first round predictions(when compared to others), and that sometimes extends all the way to the 3rd round.

I must say I am slightly impressed, (dont count the first 5 - 6 those are given), but the fact that he got @4 right out of 26 picks on last year draft (thats 15 - 16 % accuracy:lol: ) from the first round is not bad.
Everything else after that is just ridiculous. Mock drafts and predictions are over hyped. Thats what happens when you dont have any football on, we need to talk about something so might as well make it up.:D :D

QrtBck13
02-07-2007, 03:01 PM
I dunno i still think Daunte can get it done...but i would love to see us take him at #9, he is goona be an awsome QB in the NFL he is ready to become a star after being in Wies' system in college.........i hope we can trade(Joey, Booker, Carter) for draft picks!!!

Crunkcore
02-07-2007, 03:05 PM
If he's there at 9, i'm sure we'd draft him.

dolfan121
02-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I agree that if Quinn is there, maybe, but no QB can throw the ball off his back!!!

DefensiveEnd#76
02-07-2007, 03:13 PM
The biggest question with Brady Quinn is, will he be a franchise guy or like former Notre Dame QB Rick Mirer?? A big flop.

cowtowndick
02-07-2007, 03:27 PM
The biggest question with Brady Quinn is, will he be a franchise guy or like former Notre Dame QB Rick Mirer?? A big flop.

...if you bring up the prospect that quinn could be another notre dame qb like rick mirer, isn't it then fair to say he might end up being like another notre dame qb, joe montana? maybe it's more accurate to say he'll be like neither montana or mirer, he'll be more like brady quinn...

Finfanforever
02-07-2007, 03:34 PM

It's a hellava lot easier to build a good O-line thru FA and the draft than it is to find a potential franchise QB. If Quinn fall to #9, Mueller will draft him!

SabanHater
02-07-2007, 03:36 PM
It's a hellava lot easier to build a good O-line thru FA and the draft than it is to find a potential franchise QB. If Quinn fall to #9, Mueller will draft him!

Ding Ding Ding. If he's there... I'll bet all my Fin Dollars we're taking him.
Build the line through FA.

Finfanforever
02-07-2007, 03:36 PM

I suppose then on 3rd and 15 you would call a draw because we might throw an INT? Bad logic....Draft Quinn!

Motion
02-07-2007, 03:37 PM

I never said any different. Merely stating that the Oline needs addressed.

Smoke
02-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Quinn falling to us is my dream scenario.

Crowder52
Wow, was another thread on this topic necessary? There is a merged thread right below this on the exact same thing.

newlownorder
I think the question or problem then becomes that if Quinn does start to fall then does Cam try and trade up a bit to secure Quinn or does he let things be and wait at #9 overall?

Dmarino110
02-07-2007, 03:45 PM

While i agree we need a line, if quinn falls to 9 you take him without hesitation. We wont be able to get Joe Thomas. That pretty much means the next top olineman isnt a top 10 on anyones board (Levi Brown). We need an impact player at 9. YOU DO NOT TAKE SOMEONE NOT IN THE TOP 10 AT #9.

that leaves us with Dwayne Jarrett as the most quality player we will be able to pick at 9 (IMO). If quinn falls to 9 and we pick up someone on the bottom of most 1st round boards just to fill a need that FA could handle there will be issues. UNLESS WE TRADE DOWN FOR MORE PICKS, IF QUINN IS THERE WE TAKE HIM.

Motion
02-07-2007, 03:48 PM
While i agree we need a line, if quinn falls to 9 you take him without hesitation. We wont be able to get Joe Thomas. That pretty much means the next top olineman isnt a top 10 on anyones board (Levi Brown). We need an impact player at 9. YOU DO NOT TAKE SOMEONE NOT IN THE TOP 10 AT #9.

that leaves us with Dwayne Jarrett as the most quality player we will be able to pick at 9 (IMO). If quinn falls to 9 and we pick up someone on the bottom of most 1st round boards just to fill a need that FA could handle there will be issues. UNLESS WE TRADE DOWN FOR MORE PICKS, IF QUINN IS THERE WE TAKE HIM.

I DID NOT SAY ANY DIFFERENT.

Just said the Oline needs addressed.

DRNEWBEE
02-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Alright, Alright...I have been pushing for a good Culpepper comback in 2007, but this Quinn thing is starting to interest me. On the other hand, Quinn could turn out to be Joey Harrington Junior.

Regan21286
02-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Alright, Alright...I have been pushing for a good Culpepper comback in 2007, but this Quinn thing is starting to interest me. On the other hand, Quinn could turn out to be Joey Harrington Junior.

I doubt that. Harrington was a Tedford product. Tedford really stunts a QB's true potential and ability to play. Had Harrington went to a different college, say USC, he'd have been much better prepared for the pros. Quinn was mentored by Charlie Weis, who if you recall, mentored Tom Brady.

DolFan31
02-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Personally Id rather take a stud OLineman or a WR, but I doubt a quality receiver will be there at 9, we'll probably wait until the 2nd round to take a WR.

utahphinsfan
02-07-2007, 04:35 PM
BQ was a consensus #1 up until the Sugar Bowl. Then, after the All-star games, he was still top 5. Now, he's barely top 10.

At this rate, Brady will need the Hubble telescope to get a faint glimpse of where Aaron Rogers was drafted a few years ago.

Todd347347
02-07-2007, 04:35 PM

I heard a rumor, not sure its true, but supposedly you can draft o-line in rounds 2 thru 7.

Motion
02-07-2007, 04:45 PM
I heard a rumor, not sure its true, but supposedly you can draft o-line in rounds 2 thru 7.

That always works well.

unluckyluciano
02-07-2007, 04:51 PM
I hope he falls to us just so someone will trade up for him and we can stockpile some more picks.

Motion
02-07-2007, 04:53 PM
I hope he falls to us just so someone will trade up for him and we can stockpile some more picks.

I would love that.

DreamWeaver
02-07-2007, 05:01 PM

...or he could be Joe Montana, ND quarterback who was not a flop. Fact is none of us will know for at leastr 3-5 years.

tay0365
02-07-2007, 05:25 PM

Then smart people should think about this.

If this year we had added a top O-linemen that was very consistent (rarely missed a block, did a great job run blocking ), do we go to the playoffs?

Now instead of the O-linemen, let say we instead got a Qb that was consistent (Rarely made a bad decision, and was normally on target), do we now go to the playoffs in this scenario?

If you thought yes to the 1st, and no to the 2nd, then maybe you need to remind yourself how we lost most of our games this year.

If we want to be consistently competitive, we need to address the QB position 1st and foremost.

Finfan53
02-07-2007, 05:47 PM
I agree... I this Russell & Quinn are gone before #9

JGray20
02-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Quinn will not be available at 9! He is too good. Wait until the combien and he will climb back up.

DonShula84
02-07-2007, 06:40 PM
BQ was a consensus #1 up until the Sugar Bowl. Then, after the All-star games, he was still top 5. Now, he's barely top 10.

At this rate, Brady will need the Hubble telescope to get a faint glimpse of where Aaron Rogers was drafted a few years ago.

You're lying to yourself if you think that's true.

kashbo
02-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Link Plz

Finch83
02-07-2007, 06:54 PM
I am sooooo all about this! IF we do get Quinn, Cam would do wonders for him. Quinn has all the mechanics to be a great QB.

Vertical Limit
02-07-2007, 07:03 PM
You're lying to yourself if you think that's true.
Don't waste your time man. Same things were being said about Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and Jay Cutler.

chewski
02-07-2007, 07:21 PM
if he's there trade the pick, as others have said, Carolina needs a back-up, Garcia is a FA so Philly will need one, Leftwich will leave so Jacksonville will need one, Houston needs someone to push Carr, Pitt may not but who knows with Rothlesbergers habbits, GB needs a farve replacement and i don't think they are sold on rogers, Bledsoe will be gone and Dallas may want competition for Romo. The trade possibilities could be endless if Quinn were to fall to us, we need to commit to Daunte and Lemon and work on the other team needs. And hope none of the teams in front of us trades with any of those teams first!

alen1
02-07-2007, 07:30 PM

i think they will go with derek anderson. he played pretty well off the bench and i think they will draft peterson because droughns is garbage

JGray20
02-07-2007, 07:57 PM
BQ will not be available at 9. Too special and too many teams that need QBs. I would love him because he is the real deal! He will not get past Tampa.

dolpns13
02-07-2007, 11:22 PM

You can get pretty good offensive lineman in later rounds as well

JGray20
02-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Trade the 9!

Jaj
02-08-2007, 12:58 AM
BQ will not be available at 9. Too special and too many teams that need QBs. I would love him because he is the real deal! He will not get past Tampa.

It isn't Tampa that you need to worry about it's Houston.

Besides the discussion now should be Jamarcus Russell.

Enforcerfin33
02-08-2007, 01:21 AM
OK....I wish these peeps would make up their minds..now he is saying we will take Quinn at nine.

Enforcerfin33
02-08-2007, 01:22 AM
Trade the 9!
Thats like saying trade your house for a box....why?

Jaj
02-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Honestly the 9 is just about perfect for us right now unless two guys that we want slip in the draft like say Russell and Branch to 9 (could happen actually) and we trade down about two spots.

twg76
02-08-2007, 01:58 AM
If he drops to #9, you take him. I think that hurts Lemon though. Because you don't want Lemon and Quinn as your backups behind an unproven Culpepper. If Miami drafted Quinn at #9, then I think Lemon would get the boot. Harrington might stay on another year in that scenario. If not Harrington, then Miami has to get another veteran to replace him.

Jaj
02-08-2007, 01:59 AM
What??? Why??? Harrington isn't even better than Lemon quite possibly and he has a large contract...

Lemon's not even that young so your not wasting him...

umpalu
02-08-2007, 02:04 AM

bingo

umpalu
02-08-2007, 02:06 AM
if he's there trade the pick, as others have said, Carolina needs a back-up, Garcia is a FA so Philly will need one, Leftwich will leave so Jacksonville will need one, Houston needs someone to push Carr, Pitt may not but who knows with Rothlesbergers habbits, GB needs a farve replacement and i don't think they are sold on rogers, Bledsoe will be gone and Dallas may want competition for Romo. The trade possibilities could be endless if Quinn were to fall to us, we need to commit to Daunte and Lemon and work on the other team needs. And hope none of the teams in front of us trades with any of those teams first!

bingo again

Enforcerfin33
02-08-2007, 09:27 AM
If he drops to #9, you take him. I think that hurts Lemon though. Because you don't want Lemon and Quinn as your backups behind an unproven Culpepper. If Miami drafted Quinn at #9, then I think Lemon would get the boot. Harrington might stay on another year in that scenario. If not Harrington, then Miami has to get another veteran to replace him.
Nah....you keep Lemon, because he knows Cams system, you dump Harrington because..well...he's Harrington, you pick up Quinn at 9 let him learn the system,give him a yr or two to watch, then you trade the aging Culpepper away, unless he returns to Elite status. Its a sound plan IMO.