PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of relocating......

SuavePhin
06-13-2003, 09:11 PM
For all the S. Floridans out there, im currently thinking about moving down to S. Florida (Ft Laud, Davie, Coral Gables.......or just about anywhere near our beloved Phins) and i was wondering whats the job market like? housing, rent and or purchasing one, what are safe areas to live at (remember MT boy here, not as "wild" here as down there) where do i look for this kind of info on the web, or otherwise? (may be just me, or might try bringing alone mah best buddy finnette w/ me ;) ) any info, links, suggestions, comments, ideas would be greatly appreciated, either post or email me @ Suave_59405@yahoo.com thanks again :D

Bobby Humphrey
06-13-2003, 11:24 PM
you can move into my place. its a bit of a drive from the practise field though. i am in central saskatchewan.

bigbry
06-13-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by SuavePhin
For all the S. Floridans out there, im currently thinking about moving down to S. Florida (Ft Laud, Davie, Coral Gables.......or just about anywhere near our beloved Phins) and i was wondering whats the job market like? housing, rent and or purchasing one, what are safe areas to live at (remember MT boy here, not as "wild" here as down there) where do i look for this kind of info on the web, or otherwise? (may be just me, or might try bringing alone mah best buddy finnette w/ me ;) ) any info, links, suggestions, comments, ideas would be greatly appreciated, either post or email me @ Suave_59405@yahoo.com thanks again :D

Suave, just a side note. I used to live in Livingston and went to school in Bozeman, Montana St.

Nice looking redhead BTW.

BB

Miamian
06-14-2003, 12:02 AM
There are lots of nice places. What kind of areas do you prefer?

As far as housing and job markets you may want to click on the Herald classified links at www.herald.com.

SuavePhin
06-14-2003, 01:22 AM
i prefer the Ft Lauderdale area, anyplace thats got a low crime rate, good family area ect

Clumpy
06-14-2003, 02:18 AM
Don't get too close to the stadium

Dajesus
06-14-2003, 03:10 AM
I will buy your house if you hook me up with that girl!

Miamian
06-14-2003, 08:30 AM
i prefer the Ft Lauderdale area, anyplace thats got a low crime rate, good family area ect I don't know Broward as well. Anyway I wouldn't recommend that you move to a high-crime area and there are a lot of areas within Miami that fit that description. Much of the reputation is as much hype and perception as it is truth.

What I meant by your preferences are do you want to live in a house or apartment? Close or far from downtown? Near the water?

dolphan39
06-14-2003, 09:23 AM
I heard that there are lots of redheads in Boyton Beach ;)
:jk:

Just be careful to stay away from complexes that all mobbed with senior citizens or Jets fans

SuavePhin
06-14-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Miamian
I don't know Broward as well. Anyway I wouldn't recommend that you move to a high-crime area and there are a lot of areas within Miami that fit that description. Much of the reputation is as much hype and perception as it is truth.

What I meant by your preferences are do you want to live in a house or apartment? Close or far from downtown? Near the water?

preferably a house if affordable, wouldn't rule out apt, probably far from DT near the water isn't a biggie but would take it if its good

WeVie
06-14-2003, 12:58 PM
When you move you stop in Virginia and pick me up so I can go with you? Please!!! Can I go?!

Miamian
06-14-2003, 02:56 PM

preferably a house if affordable, wouldn't rule out apt, probably far from DT near the water isn't a biggie but would take it if its good If you live in the 'burbs you're going to have traffic issues, but if you can live with that then there are a number of options. Near the water you check out places like Miami Shores, El Portal, Biscayne Shores, central or north Beach. Away from the water there's Kendall, west Kendall, South Miami, Miami Lakes, Miami Springs, and near Old Cutler Road.