PDA

View Full Version : Who says Quinn cant fall to us!

FinAtic8480
02-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Why Not Quinn ?
Garcia will be a FA and Chilldress will jump all over him cause he knows the Offense of the Vikings Since it is the same as the Eagles.Plummer is out of Denver,he either becomes a Brown or a Texan.Carr might be on his way out of Houston, I seriously dont know why when this kid has so much talent and he is obviously not the Problem....Leftwitch might be out of Jacksonville as well. So we might be looking at possibly four QBs that can start for other teams .
Im starting to understand why Quinn will fall and im loving the posabilities.The only team in our way might be Detroit. We shall see but, its looking more likely this kid might come to Miami.....

tmny99
02-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Why Not Quinn ?
Garcia will be a FA and Chilldress will jump all over him cause he knows the Offense of the Vikings Since it is the same as the Eagles.Plummer is out of Denver,he either becomes a Brown or a Texan.Carr might be on his way out of Houston, I seriously dont know why when this kid has so much talent and he is obviously not the Problem....Leftwitch might be out of Jacksonville as well. So we might be looking at possibly four QBs that can start for other teams .
Im starting to understand why Quinn will fall and im loving the posabilities.The only team in our way might be Detroit. We shall see but, its looking more likely this kid might come to Miami.....

Yeah it's very likely...the key will be what the Browns decide about Frye and Anderson and what the Texans do after they part ways with Carr. Cameron coaching Quinn after Wies just had him could be very dangerous for the rest of the league.

Motion
02-07-2007, 02:58 PM
I can see Oakland going after Leftwich and drafting Calvon Johnson. Which would make Russell available for anyone that needs a QB ahead of us. Detroit may not even go Qb, I've read that they are pretty sold on Thomas.

Its very possible that one of the Qbs could slip to us.

rvicious
02-07-2007, 03:00 PM
We havent been that lucky since we drafted JT or Zach.

etsudolfan
02-07-2007, 03:16 PM
I can see Oakland going after Leftwich and drafting Calvon Johnson. Which would make Russell available for anyone that needs a QB ahead of us. Detroit may not even go Qb, I've read that they are pretty sold on Thomas.

Its very possible that one of the Qbs could slip to us.

I never thought of that...that makes alot of sense

FinAtic8480
02-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Plummer will have Oakland and the Texans in a biding war over him

FinAtic8480
02-07-2007, 03:39 PM
I forgot Schaub, so we are looking at posibbly Garcia, Plummer, Carr, Leftwitch, and who will be cut, FA or traded

2413fanphins
02-07-2007, 04:16 PM
refresh my memory.

why do we want quinn?

What exactly did he do in college. What games did he win that were impressive? What was his bowl game record?
Put him up against quality teams and he falls on his face.

stanton in later rounds. I would even take troy smith or zabrynski over quinn.

where the hell is quinn anyway? is he really that hurt that he can't be in the college all star challenges. that looks really good let me tell you.

finnyfan4life
02-07-2007, 04:38 PM
refresh my memory.

why do we want quinn?

What exactly did he do in college. What games did he win that were impressive? What was his bowl game record?

How can you blame a teams bowl success on one player?

Mr772
02-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Quinn was surrounded by sub par talent so its hard to compare him. Add to that he played some really good teams and it makes it even harder. The fact is that ND wouldn't have even been close in those game or won any of them without Quinn.

Motion
02-07-2007, 04:47 PM
refresh my memory.

why do we want quinn?

where the hell is quinn anyway? is he really that hurt that he can't be in the college all star challenges. that looks really good let me tell you.

:lol: Great eye for talent you have there.

Motion
02-07-2007, 04:47 PM
refresh my memory.

why do we want quinn?

Scouts could care less about these challenges. They'd much rather watch tape on gameplay.

uga3406
02-07-2007, 05:20 PM
i a big supporter of notre dame and half 2 be honest here..brady quinn reminds me of rick mirer..he never did well is any of the bowl games and played awfull vs usc twice and this year looked brutal vs michigan..

FINdestructible
02-07-2007, 05:31 PM
We havent been that lucky since we drafted JT or Zach.

Well, it's about time we were then. :D

rayfinkle5
02-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Leinart is a better talent than Quinn and he fell to ten. So why is it difficult to believe Quinn might slip to us at 9? Additionally, the Raiders and Lions both passed on Leinart last year. Why would they make a higher selection of Brady Quinn one year removed?

DonShula84
02-07-2007, 05:41 PM
refresh my memory.

why do we want quinn?

We dont want Quinn because his team lost to the best in college football, but we want Stanton who fell on face every week it seems. Makes perfect sense. To blame ND losing big games on Quinns shoulders is just ridiculous. Let me guess, Marino sucked because he never won the big game also?

finnyfan4life
02-07-2007, 05:45 PM
We dont want Quinn because his team lost to the best in college football, but we want Stanton who fell on face every week it seems. Makes perfect sense. To blame ND losing big games on Quinns shoulders is just ridiculous. Let me guess, Marino sucked because he never won the big game also?

Amen to that brother.

Bruzer
02-07-2007, 06:47 PM
I would love to draft brady quinn will he drops it really depends on the lions but I am hoping for quinn to drop its time to draft a young qb. So if culpepper doesn't work out we got a rookie to replace him if he does work out the rookie can groom.

2413fanphins
02-07-2007, 07:23 PM
now were comparing teams? that makes your argument for quinn even worse bro.

notre dame is usually guaranteed at least five W's a year.
this years guinea pigs were
air force, army, navy, stanford, and north carolina.

michigan state plays in the big ten...not exactly a weak conference.

lost to the best in college football... they didn't loose they got killed.

killed by usc, lsu and michigan.

barely squeaked by michigan state and ucla.

quinn had samardzjia and a 3 year starter are HB. I have no idea what stanton had but it's equal too or less than what quinn had I would venture a guess.

I didn't say we ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO DRAFT STANTON.

it was a mere suggestion.. stanton, smith, zabrynski, among many others who could be fine selections while not costing us our ninth overall pick.

I asked you to tell me what quinn that would make us want him so bad and you basically told me nothing.

if we draft quinn than so be it, I will def support him. I don't dislike him, I just would rather see us go another direction with our 9th overall pick.

FinAtic8480
02-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Remember when was the last time we Drafted a QB, I think it was Marino. We havent used a #1 pick on a QB in more then 17 years. I think it is time especially if Quinn is there.Quinn is 6-4 227, he is a bit mobile and has a real good arm. Cameron can really do wonders with this kid. He also has been running a pro style offense for the same guy who mentored Tom Brady.... I think if he is there you take him.

DonShula84
02-07-2007, 07:43 PM
What Quinn has done for 4 years, and the offensive system he learned the last two years speaks for itself.

I never compared MSU to ND from a talent perspective read again. I compared Stanton choking to Quinn. Quinn lost to very good teams and he was only really bad against Michigan. He played pretty damn well against USC last year and wasnt horrible against Michigan either. We beat them but he wasnt overly impressive or bad that day. He wasnt bad against OSU in the bowl game last year.

I dont understand how Dolphin fans who have spent the better part of 10 years saying it isnt Marinos fault, it takes a team to win the big game now turn on Quinn and place the blame of ND not winning on him. Not to mention he won a lot of games at ND, it isnt like he was leading ND to 6 and 7 win seasons. NDs defense is a joke, you arent going to beat good teams in college football with a defense that cant stop the cheerleaders from scoring.

And MSU does play in the Big Ten ( which is overrated but that isnt the issue here) but their schedule was still very soft. Idaho, Eastern Michigan, Pitt, Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana. You put Quinn on MSU and they win atleast 3 or 4 more games then they did with Stanton.

I have no problem saying I'd rather not take a QB at 9, use that pick to fill other needs and take a QB a little later. But to ignorantly bash Quinn and talk up the likes of Stanton and Zabranski is laughable.

FinAtic8480
02-07-2007, 07:46 PM
The chances certainly are there if certain things happen. Garcia is an UFA, and Schaub I believe becomes a RFA, Plummer with either get cut or Traded,Carr is on his way out of Houston, and Leftwitch is in the same situation. The Vikings will be all over Garcia. Plummer might end up in Houston. Now Carr, Leftwitch, and Schaub coul either go to the Raiders Detroit Bucs or Browns. If all this QB's end up in teams ahead of us. Quinn or Russell can become Dolphins. This is why I think Kiper is considering Quinn for the Fins....

If I missed anyone please let me know......

FinAtic8480
02-07-2007, 07:59 PM
It is starting to look real good for us Boys

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Garcia has been linked most prominently with the Vikings, since Minnesota uses the same offense that Garcia operated in Philly.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/02/07/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

David Carr will be traded, and Jake Plummer will be the Texans quarterback next season. Plummer will compete with Sage Rosenfels and a rookie Gary Kubiak wants to develop.
-- Houston Chronicle

WestCKoastiN
02-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Everyone says quinn WILL fall to us..

Alex44
02-07-2007, 08:17 PM
If we take Quinn thats fine....but I wont be overly excited.

Ozfin77
02-07-2007, 08:30 PM
I cant help but get excited about what Brady Quinn could be under the coaching of Cam, but I think it would be in out best interests to offer our #9 selection to a team like Carolina if the situation arose.

In exchange, we could get their 14th overall along with additional selections. Perhaps even their second rounder.

Something worth thinking about.

Robfinfan
02-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Remember when was the last time we Drafted a QB, I think it was Marino. We havent used a #1 pick on a QB in more then 17 years. I think it is time especially if Quinn is there.Quinn is 6-4 227, he is a bit mobile and has a real good arm. Cameron can really do wonders with this kid. He also has been running a pro style offense for the same guy who mentored Tom Brady.... I think if he is there you take him.

I could not have said it better myself. I'm tired of seeing us get other teams hand offs. Let's build one of our own.

JGray20
02-07-2007, 11:32 PM
The 8th time I have typed this today. BQ wil not fall to the 9th pick. He is just too special. After the combine, his stock will get back to normal.

JGray20
02-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Shoot! One more time! BQ will not be available at the No 9 pick. He will be gone by the 5th pick. Wait until the combine.

JGray20
02-07-2007, 11:34 PM
What's an even 10! BQ will not be available at the number 9 pick in the 2007 NFL Draft.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-07-2007, 11:51 PM
he'll be gone

Houston will take him if he lasts

1Hawdolfin4L
02-07-2007, 11:53 PM
an even 10 let’s make it 13

If B.Q. falls to #9…

Could he fall to #13?

Will Atlanta take Quinn @ #10 with Vick and Matt?

Will S.F. take Quinn @ #11 with Alex Smith?

Will Buff. take Quinn @ #12 with J.P. Losman?

St. Louis…will they take Quinn @ #13 with Marc Bulger?

All I’m saying is, if we are confident with the choices above…let’s make a trade, pick up a draft choice and save some bucks for an FA or a deserving vet.

rick32883
02-08-2007, 12:43 AM
i'd still like to addres the onlineand take a qb later

Lisle Phin Fan
02-08-2007, 12:47 AM
i'd still like to addres the onlineand take a qb later

we need to take the BPA whether it be Levi Brown or BQ

odds are the BPA will be Okoye, Anderson or Gaines

Ronnie23Brown
02-08-2007, 02:21 AM
Who knows for sure if Cameron wants to draft a QB in the first round. Just because the fans want Quinn to be selected, (if he's available), doesn't mean Cam will pull the trigger on a QB that early. I'm a little torn on whether Miami should draft Quinn at the spot. Knowing he probably will not play in '07, does Cameron skip the future franchise QB and select another need that will contribute in '07? Will it be worth the gamble to Cameron? What will he do with Culpepper, Harrington and Lemon? Who gets cut/traded? I'm just glad I'm a fan and don't have to make those type of decision's, a decision that ultimately can get your fired if you make the wrong choice.

PhinFan0202
02-08-2007, 02:52 AM
Who knows for sure if Cameron wants to draft a QB in the first round. Just because the fans want Quinn to be selected, (if he's available), doesn't mean Cam will pull the trigger on a QB that early. I'm a little torn on whether Miami should draft Quinn at the spot. Knowing he probably will not play in '07, does Cameron skip the future franchise QB and select another need that will contribute in '07? Will it be worth the gamble to Cameron? What will he do with Culpepper, Harrington and Lemon? Who gets cut/traded? I'm just glad I'm a fan and don't have to make those type of decision's, a decision that ultimately can get your fired if you make the wrong choice.

I doubt that we take a QB in first round this year. I think QB class next year is going to be alot better than this years class. Brian Brohm, Colt Brennan, John David Booty, etc. Those are just a cople of the QBs i can think of but i know that someone is probably going to step up next year as well.

CD13
02-08-2007, 07:09 AM
Why Not Quinn ?

I am keeping my fingers crossed, but I just don't see him dropping by Detroit, Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Minnesota and Houston. The best scenario, and I am sure this is in your head is Detroit takes Joe Thomas, Cleveland Peterson, TB Johnson, Minn signs Garcia, and Houston sticks with Carr. I think Houston could be a problem, and also TB if Oakland takes Calvin Johnson. I don't see it, but then again I didn't see Leinhart and Cutler falling...

FinAtic8480
02-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Who will sign Bledsoe next season

Todd347347
02-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Why Not Quinn ?

More and more people are saying this is likely...

FinAtic8480
02-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Isnt Greene a FA as well.Its starting to look like there will be several options

RonnieB23
02-08-2007, 11:42 AM
I really thought he would fall to us, but the latest rumor regarding the Texans with Plummer and cut/trading Carr tell me that wont happen, because Plummer being at the end of the road, Kubiack will want a young QB to groom.
The only way i see them not going Qb is if they think so highly of L.Brown that they take him with #8.

FinAtic8480
02-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Plummer is still a servicable starter in this league. The Texans are the only team who will try to snag Jake, the Raiders and Browns will be in the mix

MoFinz
02-08-2007, 12:16 PM
refresh my memory.

why do we want quinn?

Just to refresh your memory, if you could go back a few years, you could be describing...oh, i dunno....Peyton Manning?

Seriously, if you think this guy doesnt have the goods, i have to question how you evaluate talent, especially when you place a Troy Smith above Quinn.

phunwin
02-08-2007, 12:27 PM
If the Raiders trade for Leftwich, and the Texans pick up Jake the Mistake (either of which are good possibilities), it's not just possible, but LIKELY that Quinn will fall to 9, which is amazing considering that he would have been a top 3 pick if he'd come out last year.

I don't particularly want to draft a QB, but Quinn is just too good to pass up at 9. Heck, I think Russell is probably too good to pass up at 9, and we could be in the position of picking between both of them.

If Quinn and Russell are both on the board at 9, I would caution against trading down more than a spot or two, if at all. In fact, I'd snag Quinn then and there and be happy. When you trade down real far, you give other teams a chance to trade up and take the guy you're projecting will fall. And of course, either of those guys are serious value picks, meaning that someone else might say "hey, we don't need a QB, but Quinn/Russell is just too good to pass up." (Which is essentially what I'm saying.)

Enforcerfin33
02-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Who will sign Bledsoe next season
eww! I hope not us!

FinAtic8480
02-08-2007, 02:46 PM
It gets better. Now Boller might be in his way out of Baltimore as well.

http://blogs.baltimoresun.com/sports_football_ravens/2007/02/boller_trade.html

Texans | Expected to pursue Plummer
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 07:02:15 -0800
Mike Mulligan and Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times (http://www.kffl.com/link/149), report the Houston Texans (http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl) are expected to target Denver Broncos (http://www.kffl.com/team/15/nfl) QBJake Plummer (http://www.kffl.com/player/43/nfl), who is expected to be released by the team this offseason. Texans (http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl) coach Gary Kubiak (http://www.kffl.com/player/6552/nfl) was the offensive coordinator in Denver when Plummer signed there.

Plummer is expected to be realease and there is no guarantee he may sign with the Texans. He could end up in Oakland or with the Browns.If he were to end up in Houston, goodbye Carr. Meaning he could end up with the Browns or Oakland.

In the end, Schaub’s chances of re-signing with the Falcons don’t look good.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagents.html

Jaguars | Agent, team to discuss Leftwich's future
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:21:16 -0800
Vito Stellino (http://www.kffl.com/link/133), of the Florida Times-Union (http://www.kffl.com/link/10), reports Tom Condon, the agent for Jacksonville Jaguars (http://www.kffl.com/team/20/nfl) QB Byron Leftwich (http://www.kffl.com/player/5891/nfl), says he plans to meet with the team to discuss the quarterback's future. Condon would not say whether Leftwich is open to remaining with the team or whether he will seek a trade in the offseason. "It doesn't do me any good to speculate or talk about that kind of stuff," Condon said. "I have to gather the facts before I say anything or do anything."

Other QB's who are expected to be gone are Huard, Bledsoe.

Possible QBs who can be traded:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/trades.html

FinAtic8480
02-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Vikings | Looking to acquire Cardinals' Fitzgerald?
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 09:08:58 -0800
Citing the St. Paul Pioneer Press, SI.com reports there is speculation the Minnesota Vikings (http://www.kffl.com/team/23/nfl) might attempt to trade their No. 7 overall draft choice this year plus additional compensation to acquire Arizona Cardinals (http://www.kffl.com/team/6/nfl) WR Larry Fitzgerald (http://www.kffl.com/player/9047/nfl) this offseason.

Im loving the possibilities. I bet Russell doesnt get drafted to Oakland and Quinn slides

phins3454
02-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Why Not Quinn ?

I think its likely, look how far Matt Leinart fell in last years draft, and he is considered to be a better porspect than Brady Quinn.

The Raiders will go QB (Jamarcus Russel) unless the rumor is true that Randy Moss will get traded then they MIGHT go with Calvin Johnson
but Im worried about the Lions....I wouldnt be surprised to see them draft Brady Quinn....I mean duh they need a freakin QB!

FinAtic8480
02-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Moss is done in Oakland.He cursed out his new coach.Now all we need is for Oakland to pickup a QB in FA