PDA

View Full Version : I got into colleges...which one do i choose?

earl the pearl
02-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Hey, I know a lot of guys here went to schools in the florida area, so i was just wondering if anyone could give me any insight on some schools.

i got into FSU, UGA, and UM. I also got deffered from UF, but there's still a slim, slim chance i might be able to get in in march. right now I think it's going to come down to a choice between UM and UGA.

Could anyone who went to any of these schools give me any idea of what the social life is like at any of these schools, i.e. parties etc? I don't really like dancing, so South Beach clubs probably wouldn't be very fun for me.

Thanks for your help

mor911
02-07-2007, 04:09 PM
The U. No contest. Screw the gators.

Mindwarp
02-07-2007, 04:09 PM
I'd say FSU but thats just me :wink: screw the gators

GreenMonster
02-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Dude if you don't like the Miami club scene Athens Ga. is for you. I didn't goto UGA I went to GA State in Atlanta about an hour and change from UGA.. Many of my friends went there, and I dated a girl or two that lived there.. It is a very laid back town, but big enough to have everything you need. The parties are killer on the weekend, especially game day weekends.. UGA also has some of the hottest girls in the country, I can vouch for that. I really haven't known 1 person that didn't have fun in there 4+ years at UGA.

NJFINSFAN1
02-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Rutgers!!!!!Screw UGA, FSU, The U and the Gators!

Alex44
02-07-2007, 04:17 PM
It's all about The U man.

UM hands down.

d-day
02-07-2007, 04:20 PM
i went to ucf - can't go wrong - great town, nice looking girls, all the best florida attractions, great nightclub scene, close to the beaches on both sides of the state... oh yeah, and a good school too lol

Prophet
02-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Call me crazy, but maybe see which university has the best program for what you want to study...the cameltoe will follow.

greatwade
02-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Have you considered Flaming Rainbow University in Oklahoma?

greatwade
02-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Call me crazy, but maybe see which university has the best program for what you want to study...the cameltoe will follow.

crazy

Motion
02-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Theres alot of reptile molestation going on in here.

Go to UF!

tmny99
02-07-2007, 05:06 PM
I went to UGA man, and I definitely think you should visit if you haven't. Athens is an incredible city, the guy to girl ratio is ridiculous, and the drinks are very cheap downtown. As far as education, you can't go wrong with Georgia. I liked Athens so much that I stayed there for law school too...the choice is pretty clear here: Georgia.

tucker
02-07-2007, 05:26 PM
depends if you are looking for a party school..also lots of hot girls at fsu and uga...been to both...UM if you want an education

Roman529
02-07-2007, 05:43 PM
If you are focusing on which place has a better night life, then you might be better off skipping school and becoming a bartender. I would focus on which place gives you a better education and which offers a degree that you are interested in, rather then which place has the best booty. :rolleyes:

ih8brady
02-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Unless if a school is out in the middle of nowhere, forget which one is more fun and go with which one suits your needs best. You'll have plenty opportunities to have a blast at most places, anyways.

Timmy54
02-07-2007, 06:11 PM
go to Athens if you like your team getting beat by their rivals every year. I can not say enough for the fun of winning that occurs only in gainesville!

PhinKev
02-07-2007, 06:25 PM
There are a lot of things to consider.

Do you want to live in a city (Miami) or a college town (Athens) or a little of both (Tallahasee). Are you about college atmosphere (Athens, Tallahassee) or about night clubs and beaches (Miami). Does cost matter, as private schools are expensive (Miami). Does the size of the school matter, Miami is tiny compared to the state schools. Does weather matter?

What programs are you interested in?

Academically, UF is probably the best university in the state, though you certainly can get good educations at FSU, UM or UGA. The state schools have more programs, Miami is smaller so if you want to go there make sure they have the fields that interest you.

I have degrees from UF and FSU and I work at FAU in Boca. All things being equal, I'd say UF or FSU for the best college experience and education with low costs.

UCFinfan86
02-07-2007, 06:32 PM
FSU, i got accepted there and sometimes i regret not going their instead. Don't leave Florida! Florida Rocks

earl the pearl
02-07-2007, 06:50 PM
I think a lot of you misunderstood me....I want to go into communications/journalism, and miami, uf, and uga all have very good programs in what i want to study, so no matter where i go i'll be getting a very good education. i was just asking about the social life because you can't really find out about that from books. thanks for the help so far though.

Prophet
02-07-2007, 07:06 PM
UGA is the better school and a nice place to live.

FLOUNDER
02-07-2007, 07:18 PM
fsu....fsu....fsu...fsu

Alex44
02-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Well let me say something I dont think anyone else said here. Congrats on getting accepted to some very fine schools.

If your from South Florida and want to stay near Family Miami is probably best.

FinsNCanes
02-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Go to the U and **** all the little rich girls.

Call me when you get there.

Slappy8800
02-07-2007, 08:00 PM
its easy...which one can you afford?

HysterikiLL
02-07-2007, 08:01 PM
I think Georgia has a pretty good academic program. Then again, it's not like UM and FSU are going to be under resourced in the areas you want to go in....or any areas, really.