View Full Version : 3 Clips on why The Office is the best show on TV

Jt0323
02-07-2007, 09:20 PM
A3d2H-mnQkM&eurl=
hYUq7hf_zxY&eurl=
KDNfioLiiQs&eurl=

rob19
02-07-2007, 10:14 PM
good stuff, ill watch anything with that guy in it.

In_Flames
02-07-2007, 10:33 PM
my 3rd favorite show, right after LOST & House...:D

Metal Panda
02-08-2007, 12:08 AM
british Office is better

Clark Kent
02-08-2007, 01:19 AM
british Office is better

Not even close... Dwight Schrute.

Metal Panda
02-08-2007, 01:21 AM
Not even close... Dwight Schrute.

Pfft.

I like the American version, but the British version is more subtle and witty, and Ricky Gervais is a lot more enjoyable than Steve Carrell. Not to mention that the American version doesn't have the pretentious wanker-pervert friend.

Plus Gareth pwnz Dwight any day of the week. Gareth's power hungry nature and dementia from his time in the army is priceless.

ChrisKo
02-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Spaced > Coupling > BBC Office > US Office

But hey, thats just my opinion. And I still absolutely love all those shows.

Metal Panda
02-08-2007, 01:34 AM
Oooo, I love Coupling.

Except for season 4. No Jeff=No laughs...other than the first episode.

Fresh
02-08-2007, 01:47 AM
HBO's THE WIRE >>>>>>>> ____________.

^All-Time.

Not the BET version though; too much edited.

texasPHINSfan
02-08-2007, 01:59 AM
BBC Office > US Office > all the other shows you guys have listed in this thread.

Fresh
02-08-2007, 02:13 AM
BBC Office > US Office > all the other shows you guys have listed in this thread.

Gotta disagree, my friend. :cooldude:

The Wire!

SpurzN703
02-08-2007, 10:52 AM
british Office is better

So? This thread isn't about that version of the show

SpurzN703
02-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Oh, and The Office kicks major a$$

Eop05
02-08-2007, 12:39 PM
I watch a lot of TV, but I don't watch the office. I'd like to though.

As for best Show on TV, I'd have to say 24. I actually find myself pumping my fist during the show at times

@@@
02-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Not to mention that the American version doesn't have the pretentious wanker-pervert friend.
Finchy is awesome

erPgPYzUaIw

texasPHINSfan
02-08-2007, 03:45 PM

The Wire!

:D

i prefer the office. ;)

BTW, the American Office's version of Finchy is Todd "F" Packer. He has only been in like 3 episodes though. Finch had a much larger role in the British version.

Jt0323
02-08-2007, 04:06 PM
i seen both versions and i think the US version is better... They got Stanley! hes under used imo though

texasPHINSfan
02-08-2007, 04:27 PM
stanley the manley!

Dolfan984
02-08-2007, 04:40 PM
The office is pretty dang good, but this is the best show on tv

yuZ_dWoix68

0iZpSjMIo18

texasPHINSfan
02-08-2007, 04:49 PM
dude, don't pollute this good thread with that South Park crap.

SP was funny in its first couple of seasons, but its run out of ideas, and for the most part sucks. Every season they have ONE good show that is funny because it is topical humor.... but for the large part, it sucks.

Office is golden every episode.

heck, in the cartoon hierarchy:

Family Guy > Simpsons > Futurama > Looney Tunes > ATHF > American Dad > Care Bears > Rainbow Brite > South Park

Dolfan984
02-08-2007, 04:59 PM

SP was funny in its first couple of seasons, but its run out of ideas, and for the most part sucks. Every season they have ONE good show that is funny because it is topical humor.... but for the large part, it sucks.

Family Guy > Simpsons > Futurama > Looney Tunes > ATHF > American Dad > Care Bears > Rainbow Brite > South Park

You're trippin. The first couple seasons are garbage compared to what they make now. Family guy > Simpsons? :sidelol: American Dad > anything? :sidelol:

talk about bad writing, and you're talking Family Guy and American Dad.

but we've hijacked this thread a little, and The Office is a fine show and that we can agree on :)

tucker
02-08-2007, 05:31 PM

The Wire!
apples and oranges

tucker
02-08-2007, 05:33 PM
You're trippin. The first couple seasons are garbage compared to what they make now. Family guy > Simpsons? :sidelol: American Dad > anything? :sidelol:

but we've hijacked this thread a little, and The Office is a fine show and that we can agree on :)family guy > the simpons now

Eop05
02-08-2007, 05:41 PM

Sorry, but I disagree. South Park is gold. Funniest animated show on TV IMO, and the best South Park seasons are 4-9. 1-3 can't compare to those later seasons.

I love the Family Guy and The Simpsons, but I'll take South Park any day over both of those.

Dolfan984
02-08-2007, 06:04 PM
family guy > the simpons now

oh the new simpsons are bad too, but new family guy isn't as good as it used to be either.

Dolfan984
02-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Sorry, but I disagree. South Park is gold. Funniest animated show on TV IMO, and the best South Park seasons are 4-9. 1-3 can't compare to those later seasons.

I love the Family Guy and The Simpsons, but I'll take South Park any day over both of those.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. The newer stuff has been nothing but awesome IMO. There's a couple whatever episodes, but every series has that.

texasPHINSfan
02-08-2007, 07:44 PM

but we've hijacked this thread a little, and The Office is a fine show and that we can agree on :)

American Dad is garbage. the joke was to prove how bad SP was, that it was worse than AD.

that was the point. ;)

The only cartoons i like is Family Guy and Looney.... and some Simpsons.

Jt0323
02-08-2007, 09:59 PM
anyone catch todays episode of the office? classic...i loved then ryan knocked down the bouquet

Dolfan984
02-08-2007, 10:11 PM
American Dad is garbage. the joke was to prove how bad SP was, that it was worse than AD.

that was the point. ;)

The only cartoons i like is Family Guy and Looney.... and some Simpsons.

Since American Dad came out, Family Guy has been garbage. South Park has a solid 6-7 seasons of great episodes.

Rocky Raccoon
02-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Since American Dad came out, Family Guy has been garbage. South Park has a solid 6-7 seasons of great episodes.

sorry bro but I have to disagree. South Park hasn't been good for a while IMO. And Family Guy is much better.

Dolfan984
02-08-2007, 10:21 PM
sorry bro but I have to disagree. South Park hasn't been good for a while IMO. And Family Guy is much better.

a bunch of us are going to have to agree to disagree

me, and other people think south park has just gotten better over time

you, and other people thinks south park is played out and think family guy has good writing

inFINSible
02-09-2007, 07:19 AM
The Office (US) is the best show on TV. Hands down, nothing even comes close.

Hour long dramas are boring, contrived and endless.

Stitches
02-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Give me The Office, The Wire, Scrubs, or the Shield, and I'm happy.

Metal Panda
02-09-2007, 08:57 AM

Two things:

I love Family Guy, but they stole a lot of things from the Simpsons. They even lifted the Blackjack "hit me" joke almost identically from the show, plus the little running joke of the signs outside buildings displaying what was going on inside the building that night, and something absolutely ridiculous the next day. In its prime, the Simpsons was wittier, more coherent, and had more of a point.

I love Family Guy, but since it has been back after its cancellation it isn't even close to what it was before. They're just going way too over the top now.

As far as South Park, Parker/Stone's political ideas are pretty naive for the most part, so it does become annoying when all they do is browbeat their point for 22 minutes, mostly because I find what they have to say ignorant 50% of the time, the other reason being I don't like ANY point being shoved down my throat, whether I agree with it or not.

That said, I thought this season was great. The Hall Monitor episode was a classic.

Eop05
02-09-2007, 02:40 PM
The Office (US) is the best show on TV. Hands down, nothing even comes close.

Hour long dramas are boring, contrived and endless.

I'm sure most will agree that 24 is not boring, contrived, or endless. It's never really dragged out, and most problems are answered in timely fashion.

I should, however, give the Office a shot. I think that guy is hilarious

Motion
02-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Can't get into this show at all.

LOST>All

Roman529
02-09-2007, 02:45 PM
I just started watching the show....it is hilarious. It reminds me of a lot of people I use to work with before I started working for myself.

texasPHINSfan
02-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Two things:

I love Family Guy, but they stole a lot of things from the Simpsons. They even lifted the Blackjack "hit me" joke almost identically from the show, plus the little running joke of the signs outside buildings displaying what was going on inside the building that night, and something absolutely ridiculous the next day. In its prime, the Simpsons was wittier, more coherent, and had more of a point.

I love Family Guy, but since it has been back after its cancellation it isn't even close to what it was before. They're just going way too over the top now.

As far as South Park, Parker/Stone's political ideas are pretty naive for the most part, so it does become annoying when all they do is browbeat their point for 22 minutes, mostly because I find what they have to say ignorant 50% of the time, the other reason being I don't like ANY point being shoved down my throat, whether I agree with it or not.

That said, I thought this season was great. The Hall Monitor episode was a classic.

family guy might take a bunch of ideas from simpsons, but they deliver them better on family guy. i watch both all the time, and while i enjoy the simpsons, family guy makes me laugh a lot more.

South park does have its moments... its not garbage... but the humor is just so sophomoric, i can only handle so much of it before it just seems obnoxious to me.

but hey, that's just my opinion.

And i'm with Infins.... The Office is the best show on TV... hands down. its the only non-cartoon show that is SO politically incorrect, yet people laugh at it and don't take offense. I love that.

texasPHINSfan
02-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Can't get into this show at all.

LOST>All

Lost is dragged out and ridiculous.... The trailer had me riveted to my seat, but once the drama overtook the situation, it "lost" its appeal to me. When they had weird supernatural creatures in the mix, i was all but done watching.

texasPHINSfan
02-09-2007, 04:41 PM
I just started watching the show....it is hilarious. It reminds me of a lot of people I use to work with before I started working for myself.

if you can download earlier episodes (either limewire, torrents, or itunes), i recommend you do it. every episode is golden - i have all episodes from all seasons on my ipod... there is not one episode that doesn't crack me up.

Motion
02-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Lost is dragged out and ridiculous.... The trailer had me riveted to my seat, but once the drama overtook the situation, it "lost" its appeal to me. When they had weird supernatural creatures in the mix, i was all but done watching.

Supernatural creatures? I assume your talking about the smoke?

texasPHINSfan
02-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Supernatural creatures? I assume your talking about the smoke?

i don't know - i don't watch lost. it was on the first or second episode... right about the time i stopped watching.

Motion
02-09-2007, 04:47 PM
i don't know - i don't watch lost. it was on the first or second episode... right about the time i stopped watching.

Obviously

texasPHINSfan
02-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Obviously

:lol: did you read my post? i said i watched only the first episode or two until that supernatural crap started happening.... and it turned more into a drama about the people rather than the situation.

inFINSible
02-09-2007, 09:39 PM
:lol: did you read my post? i said i watched only the first episode or two until that supernatural crap started happening.... and it turned more into a drama about the people rather than the situation.

I watched the first episode and as soon as I saw the lingering close-ups and the soap opera drama, I was gone.

maybe 24 is better than Jail Break,(or whatever that show is called) but, if they're similar, forget it.

Motion
02-09-2007, 10:21 PM

Yes I read your post, hence the reason I asked what you meant by "supernatural". :wink:

Motion
02-09-2007, 10:22 PM
I watched the first episode and as soon as I saw the lingering close-ups and the soap opera drama, I was gone.

maybe 24 is better than Jail Break,(or whatever that show is called) but, if they're similar, forget it.

Prison Break and 24 are both great shows. Nothing alike IMO though, except for conspiracies.

Clark Kent
02-09-2007, 11:51 PM
You'e seen seen 1 or 2 eps of LOST and decided the best show on TV wasn't worth it?

I throw another name out there... House MD. Really great stuff.

Anyone watch Supernatural on cw? If you're into that kinda thing check it out. I really like it a lot. I've only started watching during S2 though. I want to see S1 bad.

finswin56
02-10-2007, 12:08 AM
anyone catch todays episode of the office? classic...i loved then ryan knocked down the bouquet
The Office is gold. I love Thursday nights. It's been several years since Thursday nights were any good.

I haven't seen the British Office. Maybe I'll rent it over the summer.

BTW, I must have missed that episode with that third clip. FLMAO at Stanley going off!

Crisis
02-10-2007, 01:04 AM
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is hilarious.

Metal Panda
02-10-2007, 01:25 AM
family guy might take a bunch of ideas from simpsons, but they deliver them better on family guy. i watch both all the time, and while i enjoy the simpsons, family guy makes me laugh a lot more.

South park does have its moments... its not garbage... but the humor is just so sophomoric, i can only handle so much of it before it just seems obnoxious to me.

but hey, that's just my opinion.

And i'm with Infins.... The Office is the best show on TV... hands down. its the only non-cartoon show that is SO politically incorrect, yet people laugh at it and don't take offense. I love that.

Family Guy is less witty and more "shock value". In fact, I would say a lot of your claims of "sophomoric humor" could easily be turned right back on the last three seasons of Family Guy, since it really has gone more lowbrow than it started (and it is not like it was high class to begin with).

Don't get me wrong, I'm the consummate Family Guy fan ,but eventually I had to admit that the show's return to television hasn't been all that great. Only half of the episodes make me laugh as hard as the first three seasons did.

d-day
02-10-2007, 02:48 AM

back to the tired old "i personally don't like it, so it sucks" argument...

Eop05
02-10-2007, 02:53 AM

Prison Break is a real good show, but I think it pales in comparison to 24.

24 is just unbelievable. Every episode has you on the edge of your seat saying "I can't believe Jack's gonna do this"

And as much as I think 24 is the best show on TV, there isn't a show on that I look forward to more than Lost.

So for me: The best is 24. My favorite is Lost. That may not make sense, but I'm trying to be objective.

texasPHINSfan
02-10-2007, 07:10 AM
back to the tired old "i personally don't like it, so it sucks" argument...

this is a discussion board... that is everyone's argument for everything.

finswin56
02-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Prison Break is a real good show, but I think it pales in comparison to 24.

24 is just unbelievable. Every episode has you on the edge of your seat saying "I can't believe Jack's gonna do this"

And as much as I think 24 is the best show on TV, there isn't a show on that I look forward to more than Lost.

So for me: The best is 24. My favorite is Lost. That may not make sense, but I'm trying to be objective.
Eh on 24. I watched first two seasons. I loved the first one, and liked the second. Then lost interest. I'm watching this season again, and I don't really feel like I've missed anything. IDK, it just hasn't pulled me in. I feel like I've already seen it.

In_Flames
02-10-2007, 10:53 AM
I don't know what it is, I just can't get into 24. I watched Heroes and Prison Break for awhile but lost interest quick. The only shows that really keep me pulled in are LOST & House, and then My Name is Earl & the Office for their comedic value. Oh yeah, and I'm also an admitted Mythbusters/Man vs. Wild/Ghosthunters addict as well.

texasPHINSfan
02-10-2007, 02:18 PM
i also love Forensic Files.

vinlakers22
02-10-2007, 04:32 PM
I love the Office. I just started watching the Office this season, but i bought the dvds of the first 2 seasons and they are great.

Ronnie Bass
02-10-2007, 06:32 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jcnn--yAF4s

That's what she said!

:sidelol:

Best show on TV.

Jt0323
02-11-2007, 02:20 PM
PLtXx2349yA
i love this song!

Jt0323
02-11-2007, 02:31 PM