PDA

View Full Version : CD Drive/Burner HELP!!!!

SCall13
02-07-2007, 09:45 PM
OK guys. I am stuck. And that's pretty easy considering that I'm far short of a computer genius. Here is my problem:

For some reason, I am unable to burn CDs. In fact, when I place a CD into the drive and try to burn, the computer ejects and says, "please insert a blank or re-writable CD into drive and press OK."

Well, there IS a CD already in the drive and for some reason it isn't reading or recognizing the CD. I know this sounds like a simple compatibility issue, but it isn't because I have burned before on these exact CDs and have even tried 2 or 3 other types just to be sure. SO, if anyone has ANY idea of something else I could try, I would greatly appreciate the tips. I thought maybe it could be some type of configuration issue. But 1) I have no idea how to FIX the configuration problem and 2) I have done a complete restoration of my system. Wiped it out and started anew. AND THAT didn't fix the problem. SO, how can my burner drive be working for DVDs and NOT for CDs? HELP!!! And thanks....:D

Rafiki
02-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Could be a driver issue. Is the Microsoft plug and play creating the driver or are you installing it from a CD? In either case, you may want to find the newest driver from the manufacturer off the internet.

Alex44
02-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Make sure they are blank CD's

If there is info on them and they are CD-R type you can rewrite over them. You can only do that on CD-RW type. It should tell you what type they are on front of the CD