PDA

View Full Version : Phins get it wrong in Schrager's mock draft:

Phanatical
02-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Let's hope we do better than another safety for our first pick when our OL and CB's need big help. :fire:

9. Dolphins: Laron Landry S LSU :shakeno:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6449380

If not a QB then it has to be Joe Thomas, Levi Brown or Justin Blalock.

HELP THE OL!!!!!

inFINSible
02-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Draft threads belong in the Draft forum. Thank you.

PhinfanUK
02-08-2007, 08:28 AM
The guy seems pretty clueless, he even has the Jags taking Okoye, why would they want another DT?

FinaticalOne
02-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Let's hope we do better than another safety for our first pick when our OL and CB's need big help. :fire:

HELP THE OL!!!!!

I with you that there are a few other players available who we should pick before Landry, but.....Justin Blalock????? With our first round pick??????

Now that's a reach if I never heard one before.

HelloMotto
02-08-2007, 08:55 AM

HELP THE OL!!!!!

if quinn is not there i wouldn't be surprised that we took laron. later you will hear that saban strongly endorsed him also. would not surprise me one bit. Actually i wouldn't be disappointed either as i think he will be a probowl type player down the road.

NJFINSFAN1
02-08-2007, 09:01 AM

HELP THE OL!!!!!

Landry is a very good player that could also become a strong vocal leader on the defense. He could be a Woodson type player.

I'm not saying we should pick him, but he is going to be a special player!:wink:

retarmyfinfan
02-08-2007, 09:27 AM
if quinn is not there i wouldn't be surprised that we took laron. later you will hear that saban strongly endorsed him also. would not surprise me one bit. Actually i wouldn't be disappointed either as i think he will be a probowl type player down the road.

I wouldn't be disappointed. You pick the best player available, need or not.

phinphanforever
02-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Although we drafted S last year and we have several holes to fill, I wouldn't be terribly disapointed with Landry. He's a baller and I think he will be a solid pro. Allen could always be converted to CB.

Motion
02-08-2007, 09:34 AM

HELP THE OL!!!!!

Nothing wrong with that at all. Landry is a stud.

Bigjbizzle2
02-08-2007, 10:07 AM
that mock was horrible first off he had ginn going 19th....with his speed that will never happen, then he had leon hall 20, again that could happen but very unlikely, and then the picks for the pats=wont happen trust me they will take bowe or rice if one of them are still there. lastly that is by far the highest i have seen dwayne jarret on any mock

WelcomeBack
02-08-2007, 10:17 AM
With the players available at that point, Landry would be a very good option. IMO, it would be between Landry, Levi Brown or Reggie Nelson.

Finsfan79
02-08-2007, 10:21 AM
rather see adams, brown, anderson there but oh wells.

Silverphin
02-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Unless we can't fill hole that neeeds to be filled, I don't see why we should be draft Landry, especially since we already drafted Allen last year and have Bell manning the other spot.

Motion
02-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Unless we can't fill hole that neeeds to be filled, I don't see why we should be draft Landry, especially since we already drafted Allen last year and have Bell manning the other spot.

Cause Landry is better than both of them?

Motion
02-08-2007, 10:32 AM
that mock was horrible first off he had ginn going 19th....with his speed that will never happen, then he had leon hall 20, again that could happen but very unlikely, and then the picks for the pats=wont happen trust me they will take bowe or rice if one of them are still there. lastly that is by far the highest i have seen dwayne jarret on any mock
Thats not unlikely at all, he could end up being the 3rd CB after the combine. He may slip out of the 1st entirely.

WelcomeBack
02-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Leon Hall is not as good as people have made him out.

I admit, he's a good CB, but I don't think he's a Top 10 draft pick, and may fall out of Top 15.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
02-08-2007, 10:58 AM
okoye to the jags. :lol:

MustangFinFan
02-08-2007, 11:42 AM
THAT would be sweet if Leon Hall fell to the 2nd round...id so pick him in a second. another steal of the draft will be Marcus Thomas...the DT out of Florida, the guy is a first round talent...but because of his issues, he is gonna fall to the 5th round or a little earlier...if he is there in the 5th, u cant pass on him...also, we seriously need to pickup Mason Crosby in the 3rd. We would have been in the playoffs if it wasnt for Mare missing crucial game LOSING kicks...

KB21
02-08-2007, 12:24 PM
I really have to laugh at those of you that do not feel LaRon Landry is a good pick at the 9th pick. The guy is only the best safety prospect to enter the draft since Ed Reed and can do similar things on the football field. Jason Allen can easily move to cornerback, which is the position I believe he is most natural at, if Landry is drafted.

finyank13
02-08-2007, 12:34 PM

HELP THE OL!!!!!

God please let brady fall to us..............

PyroDOLFAN
02-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Wow another Safety...
We should definatley wait to see what J Allen can do for us first since Saban never trusted him.

WelcomeBack
02-08-2007, 12:41 PM
LaRon Landry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bip9KlMxd04

Wouldn't mind Reggie Nelson either.

Jason Allen would probably be better off at CB anyway.

PhinCanuck
02-08-2007, 12:44 PM
We picked up Jason Allen last year with our 1st roud pick. I would love to see
our first round pick being spent on an offensive player. I am a member of the draft a qb in the draft bw.
I am a big fan of Brady Quinn, and of course would like to see him playing for the Phins. But I would not mind having other QB drafted on a later round. However, if Quinn falls to us, get him. I think OTs Thomas and Brown will
be gone before we pick. There seems to be more talent for the early picks on defense. I like DEs Adams and Anderson. Would not be disappointed if we pick either.
I am not a big fan of drafting a WR in the first round. I know that Johnson, Ginn and Jarret have a lot of talent, but I rather
see someone coming thru FA. I am very content with the development Hagan showed on the latter part of the 2006 season.
We'll see what the offseason brings us. Go Phins!! :dolphins:

Motion
02-08-2007, 01:01 PM
LaRon Landry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bip9KlMxd04

Wouldn't mind Reggie Nelson either.

Jason Allen would probably be better off at CB anyway.

:yeahthat: Thats what I'm talking about.

paulomac77
02-08-2007, 01:13 PM
the only time i really watched an entire game this year of lsu was the sugar bowl v.s notre dame and brady quinn and if that game was any indication, landry is gonna be one hell of a player b/c he was all over the field that night

WelcomeBack
02-08-2007, 01:33 PM
:yeahthat: Thats what I'm talking about.

:D I saw a vid of Reggie Nelson as well.

He's a pretty hard hitter too. Good ballhawk as well.

Motion
02-08-2007, 01:35 PM
:D I saw a vid of Reggie Nelson as well.

He's a pretty hard hitter too. Good ballhawk as well.

I saw every game he ever played at Florida. GREAT player.

DolphanD
02-08-2007, 01:38 PM
TOP 15 Offense: QB-JaMarcus Russell, OT-Joe Thomas, WR-Calvin Johnson, RB-Adrian Peterson, WR-Ted Ginn, OT-Levi Brown, WR-Dwayne Jarrett, QB-Brady Quinn, WR-Dwayne Bowe, WR-Robert Meachem, C-Ryan Kalil, OG-Justin Blalock, RB-Marshawn Lynch, QB-Drew Stanton, and OT-Marshal YandaTOP 15 Defense: DE-Jamaal Anderson, DE-Gaines Adams, DT-Alan Branch, FS-LaRon Landry, FS-Reggie Nelson, DT-Amobi Okoye, CB-Aaron Ross, CB-Leon Hall, OLB-Anthony Spencer, OLB-Lawrence Timmons, ILB-Pat Willis, FS-Brandon Meriweather, OLB-Paul Posluszny, S-Michael Griffin, and DT-Quinn Pitcock.This changes day-to-day...

WelcomeBack
02-08-2007, 01:38 PM
At this point, there's a lot of players I would want to draft at 9, most notably Gaines Adams (but I don't think he makes it to 9).

My list of hopefuls (that might be at 9) would be:

1. Gaines Adams
2. Alan Branch
3. Levi Brown
4. Brady Quinn
5. LaRon Landry
6. Reggie Nelson

Motion
02-08-2007, 01:41 PM
TOP 15 Offense: QB-JaMarcus Russell, OT-Joe Thomas, WR-Calvin Johnson, RB-Adrian Peterson, WR-Ted Ginn, OT-Levi Brown, WR-Dwayne Jarrett, QB-Brady Quinn, WR-Dwayne Bowe, WR-Robert Meachem, C-Ryan Kalil, OG-Justin Blalock, RB-Marshawn Lynch, QB-Drew Stanton, and OT-Marshal YandaTOP 15 Defense: DE-Jamaal Anderson, DE-Gaines Adams, DT-Alan Branch, FS-LaRon Landry, FS-Reggie Nelson, DT-Amobi Okoye, CB-Aaron Ross, CB-Leon Hall, OLB-Anthony Spencer, OLB-Lawrence Timmons, ILB-Pat Willis, FS-Brandon Meriweather, OLB-Paul Posluszny, S-Michael Griffin, and DT-Quinn Pitcock.This changes day-to-day...

Is this your personal list?

MustangFinFan
02-08-2007, 01:43 PM
WOW...after watching that Landry video...he seriously is like...a beast. now i DO want him lol.

move Jason to CB. but what do we do with Renaldo Hill?

nick1
02-08-2007, 01:47 PM
first off Joe Thomas will be long gone, secondly we need a #1 corner. but I won't be at all upset if we don't even touch the DBs in the draft. Hill and Bell did a good job and Allen is waiting to start, he will be good. Allen and Goodman are good corners and Daniels is a fine #3 but like I said we have no true #1 corner. get Clements or Samuel and the DBs are set

Stitches
02-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Landry would be a great pick, and could likely come in and start next to Hill or (hopefully) Allen.

I still don't understand everyone's infatuation with Bell, especially when he isn't even signed (or very good).

fish fan 4 life
02-08-2007, 04:11 PM
The guy seems pretty clueless, he even has the Jags taking Okoye, why would they want another DT?Good point

SR 7
02-08-2007, 04:19 PM

He is the BPA on that board. "besides the levi brown situation" he is the best guy on the board. its a must take but Quinn is taken 1 before us so a trade wuldnt be out of the questoin.

Phanatical
02-08-2007, 08:52 PM
I really have to laugh at those of you that do not feel LaRon Landry is a good pick at the 9th pick. The guy is only the best safety prospect to enter the draft since Ed Reed and can do similar things on the football field. Jason Allen can easily move to cornerback, which is the position I believe he is most natural at, if Landry is drafted.

He might be a good pick, but wouldn't you rather lock in LT than another safety?? The guy has Levi Brown going at 12, to the Jills no less. Landry looks to be a solid player but if there is a starting caliber QB or if Levi Brown is available and they pick Landry I'm just gonna throw a fit on draft day.