PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Choose Phillips

NJFINSFAN1
02-08-2007, 11:05 AM
:eek:

didn't think they would do this, I thought Norv would tutor Garrett.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2758164

Predaphin
02-08-2007, 12:36 PM
WOW. I honestly thought they would really go after Rivera.....The Cowboys will once again sink with Phillips as their Head Coach.

Timmy54
02-08-2007, 12:42 PM
well i guess there goes the cowboys for a few years.

PewterKrew
02-08-2007, 01:48 PM
It is hard to say at this point, with the cowboys running a 3-4 and that being phillips speciality i cant say that i am not suprised by the hiring, now if phillips can surround himself with enough quality coaches he may be ok. But in the end i think norv turner wanted to much power and jones did not want to give that much up. so that is why phillips was hired over turner.

The Confessor
02-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Wade Phillips:confused:

Are you freaking kidding me:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Isnt he pretty much the Don Nelson of the NFL....

NJFINSFAN1
02-08-2007, 02:00 PM

I think they said on the radio it was his 5th HC job?

The Confessor
02-08-2007, 02:07 PM
I think they said on the radio it was his 5th HC job?

..and I dont remember him being really sucessfull at any of them. I am really surprised by this.. Really really surprised

Crunkcore
02-08-2007, 02:58 PM
No one saw this coming :lol:
They'll still have the 3-4 D at least.

HysterikiLL
02-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Well I think that it s certainly clear Garrett is the coach of the future. Wade is 60 something and JG is the heir.

Dolfan984
02-08-2007, 03:37 PM

hey shut up im a warriors fan :sidelol:

wazzy
02-08-2007, 03:50 PM
I like this hiring considering it leaves SD with having to replace 2 co-ordinators and it makes Dallas worse! I hope teams keep making decisions like this so even if were an alright team next year the rest of the league is going backwards so far that I have noticed!

texasPHINSfan
02-08-2007, 04:28 PM
it is actually not official yet, so don't count your eggs just yet....

and Phillips had some success in Buffalo. Check out his W-L record

texasPHINSfan
02-08-2007, 04:56 PM
update from PFT:

POSTED 3:25 p.m. EST; UPDATED 3:38 p.m. EST, February 8, 2007

'BOYS LOW-BALLED WADE

A league source tells us that the Dallas Cowboys have indeed made an offer of the team's head-coaching job to Chargers defensive coordinator Wade Phillips. But the source says that the 'Boys put on the table a substandard financial package.

And that's the reason for the delay in the formal announcement. The Cowboys have indeed chosen Phillips, but there is no deal.

Yet.

The source expects a deal to be done. "They know he wants [the job] bad so they made him a very low offer," said the source.

tucker
02-08-2007, 05:25 PM
The pickings are slim if wade phillips is your choice

dominizzo
02-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Jerry Jones is a LOSER!!

he should of got Turner!! Moron

In_Flames
02-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Wow, I honestly thought all signs were pointing towards Jones signing Norv...oh well, good luck with that Wade :rolleyes:

birdmann69
02-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Well, I have to say that I think it is not too bad of a choice. He has a decent record coaching. I think that if they are going to make this thing worh though...they need to keep him long term and stick with him instead of placing him the revolving door of coaches.

PrepDogg
02-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Good the Niners get to keep Turner and the Cowgirls get a stiff like Phillips. I'm happy both ways. :D

NJFINSFAN1
02-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Good the Niners get to keep Turner and the Cowgirls get a stiff like Phillips. I'm happy both ways. :D

So the rumors are true??????:eek:

The Confessor
02-08-2007, 08:51 PM

:sidelol: :sidelol:

vmarcilfan75
02-08-2007, 08:57 PM

:grouplaug:sidelol: :lol:

Predaphin
02-08-2007, 08:58 PM

My favorite team is the Warriors :( :( :(

texasPHINSfan
02-08-2007, 09:01 PM

:lol: :lol: :sidelol: x2

PrepDogg
02-08-2007, 09:01 PM

No they are not!! :mad: :lol: The Dogg is all man, baby!!!!!!!! :D

Vertical Limit
02-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Why are we laughing at the "Cowgirls"? Wade has had more success as a head coach than Cam has had. :confused: I'm not sure why we are making fun of this hire. Not against Cam, I like him and think we picked the right guy, but come on.

The Confessor
02-08-2007, 09:08 PM
My favorite team is the Warriors :( :( :(

Thats cool, and I dont have anything against Nellie or Wade-or the Warriors for that matter But, in a horse race I would choose either "To show":wink: ..Kindve like close but not quite....

PrepDogg
02-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Why are we laughing at the "Cowgirls"? Wade has had more success as a head coach than Cam has had. :confused: I'm not sure why we are making fun of this hire.

I'm just glad the Niners didn't lose Turner because that would be 3 different OC's for Alex Smith in 3 years. Plus I hate the Cowboys and I like the fact that they're gonna be in limbo for the next few years because Jerry Jones already said Jason Garrett is the next head coach in training. I'll agree it's petty but I don't care. :D

NJFINSFAN1
02-08-2007, 09:09 PM
No they are not!! :mad: :lol: The Dogg is all man, baby!!!!!!!! :D

To late, the secret is out!

Your Finheavens John Amaechi

PrepDogg
02-08-2007, 09:11 PM
To late, the secret is out!

Whatever, NJ. I'll give you credit it was a good one. Now get over yourself, bro. :shakeno:

NJFINSFAN1
02-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Whatever, NJ. I'll give you credit it was a good one. Now get over yourself, bro. :shakeno:

Ohh, you know I'm kidding!

PrepDogg
02-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Ohh, you know I'm kidding!

I know. It's cool, dude. :hi5: But seriously get over yourself. :lol: :wink:

DeathStar
02-08-2007, 09:44 PM

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

In_Flames
02-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Cowboys | Phillips may add son to coaching staff
Sat, 10 Feb 2007

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Forth Worth Star-Telegram, reports Dallas Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips said he may add his son, Wes Phillips, to the team's coaching staff. Wes is the quarterbacks coach at Baylor University. Wade Phillips said, "It's a possibility. Actually, San Diego and Cleveland, he's interviewing with both of those teams. We might have to hurry to get him."

Mr.Majestik
02-11-2007, 12:19 AM
If your choices are Norv Turner, Ron Rivera and Wade Phillips, Phillips is probably the best of a terrible lot. Turner brings nothing but ineptitude to the job. He had less success as a former head coach then Wade Phillips did. Ron Rivera is terrible. I'm confused by what his supporters see in him. He made no adjustments in the Super Bowl. That vaunted Bears' defense is as much the product of a piss-poor schedules the last two years, as it is anything else The Bears' defense, as overrated as it was, wasn't Rivera's baby, so he can't claim much credit for it. Putting Rivera in charge of a 3-4 defense makes no sense from a tactical point of view, Phillips was probably the correct hire, but ultimately still a bad one. Hiring a fresh face for the sake of avoiding a retread isn't always a smart move, especially is the fresh faces are as uninspiring as the retreads. Needless to say, the Cowboys will not win anything in the foreseeable future.