PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin Draft Board

Finole
02-08-2007, 03:30 PM
First off, let me give props to Bigbucks24 because this is basically his thread, but with a poll.

How do you think the Fins should rank these players? Choose any or all of these guys you would be happy with. After enough people vote, the order will become obvious.

MustangFinFan
02-08-2007, 03:37 PM
ah u beat me to it!! i was gonna post something like this...but u should put names of people who are realistically at #9. sure i made a thread saying Thomas and Johnson can fall to 9, but now that i see it...its probably not gonna happen. so i hope nobody picks Calvin or Joe...

Motion
02-08-2007, 03:38 PM
:D I know we have plenty of other needs but I want an anchor in the secondary that will make WRs think twice about coming over the middle and create some turnovers that we have been desparately lacking in recent years.

My choice: Reggie Nelson :D

Levi Brown a close second.

Finole
02-08-2007, 03:41 PM
ah u beat me to it!! i was gonna post something like this...but u should put names of people who are realistically at #9. sure i made a thread saying Thomas and Johnson can fall to 9, but now that i see it...its probably not gonna happen. so i hope nobody picks Calvin or Joe...

It's okay if you pick CJ or JT as long as you also pick a few other guys as well. I would fully expect Johnson and Thomas to get the bulk of the votes.

Motion
02-08-2007, 03:44 PM
It's okay if you pick CJ or JT as long as you also pick a few other guys as well. I would fully expect Johnson and Thomas to get the bulk of the votes.

Oops I didn't realize we could select more than one.

Motion
02-08-2007, 03:45 PM
so i hope nobody picks Calvin or Joe...

So much for that.....

Motion
02-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Who voted for Leon Hall???

Stitches
02-08-2007, 03:48 PM
How does Leon Hall have as many votes as Adams, Landry or Nelson, and that's even counting my votes?!?!?

How doe Hall have more votes than Anderson and Branch?!?

DRNEWBEE
02-08-2007, 03:49 PM
:D I know we have plenty of other needs but I want an anchor in the secondary that will make WRs think twice about coming over the middle and create some turnovers that we have been desparately lacking in recent years.

My choice: Reggie Nelson :D

Levi Brown a close second.

I too like Reggie at #9, but I do not like Levi Brown.

Stitches
02-08-2007, 03:51 PM
I too like Reggie at #9, but I do not like Levi Brown.

Just wondering why you don't like Brown? You're entitled to your opinion, just wondering why you don't like him.

Motion
02-08-2007, 03:52 PM
How does Leon Hall have as many votes as Adams, Landry or Nelson, and that's even counting my votes?!?!?

:yeahthat: Hope the Dolphins real big board doesn't look like this.

Quick Release
02-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Here's how I would rank them if I was the Fins GM:

1. Joe Thomas
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Levi Brown
4. Leon Hall
5. Brady Quinn
6. Ted Ginn Jr.
7. Dwayne Jarrett
8. JaMarcus Russell
9. Jamaal Anderson
10. Gaines Adams
11. Alan Branch
12. Amobi Okoye
13. LaRon Landry
14. Reggie Nelson
15. Adrian Peterson

In other words, I'm basing it on need, not this BPA bull**** you always hear everybody talking about nowadays. Last year, the 49ers took Vernon Davis instead of Matt Leinart even though ML was the higher rated player. Why? Because they need a goddamn tight end!

So if JT is gone, I'm taking Calvin Johnson. (Hey, I'm not an idiot. And CJ would be a major upgrade over Chambers.) But then, if CJ, is gone, I'm taking Levi Brown. If Brown is gone, I'm taking Leon Hall. I don't care how good Quinn is supposed to be. The Fins need a lookdown CB more than they need a QB. And Hall will be gone by the time the Fins pick in the 2nd.

Well, you see where I'm going this. I know many of you will disagree. But I don't care. You BPA guys would select Adrian Peterson if he was available instead of Levi Brown because AD's got a higher rating. Then we'd be stuck with three running backs next year trying to run behind yet another mediocre to crappy offensive line.

Motion
02-08-2007, 04:01 PM

1. Joe Thomas
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Levi Brown
4. Leon Hall
5. Brady Quinn
6. Ted Ginn Jr.
7. Dwayne Jarrett
8. JaMarcus Russell
9. Jamaal Anderson
10. Gaines Adams
11. Alan Branch
12. Amobi Okoye
13. LaRon Landry
14. Reggie Nelson
15. Adrian Peterson

In other words, I'm basing it on need, not this BPA bull**** you always hear everybody talking about nowadays. Last year, the 49ers took Vernon Davis instead of Matt Leinart even though ML was the higher rated player. Why? Because they need a goddamn tight end!

So if JT is gone, I'm taking Calvin Johnson. (Hey, I'm not an idiot. And CJ would be a major upgrade over Chambers.) But then, if CJ, is gone, I'm taking Levi Brown. If Brown is gone, I'm taking Leon Hall. I don't care how good Quinn is supposed to be. The Fins need a lookdown CB more than they need a QB. And Hall will be gone by the time the Fins pick in the 2nd.

Well, you see where I'm going this. I know many of you will disagree. But I don't care. You BPA guys would select Adrian Peterson if he was available instead of Levi Brown because AD's got a higher rating. Then we'd be stuck with three running backs next year trying to run behind yet another mediocre to crappy offensive line.

Thats painfully obvious.

Finole
02-08-2007, 04:04 PM

Don't worry. I'm sure the Fins will have Adams, Landry, and Nelson rated higher than Hall. (Assuming his stock doesn't dramatically rise after the combine.)

EDIT: They've already gotten more votes in just a matter of minutes.

csabe
02-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Would be nice to be able and get Joe Thomas but obviously he's not gonna drop to #9. Maybe if we are lucky we can trade down 10 picks and get Levi Brown and add a couple of decent picks in the process. This would also be better for the cap if the players at #9 are not worth that spot.

Motion
02-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Would be nice to be able and get Joe Thomas but obviously he's not gonna drop to #9. Maybe if we are lucky we can trade down 10 picks and get Levi Brown and add a couple of decent picks in the process. This would also be better for the cap if the players at #9 are not worth that spot.

You really think he'll last that long? Thats a big stretch IMO.

tay0365
02-08-2007, 04:10 PM

Actually, Quinn is going to get the Bulk of the votes...how could he not.

QB is a need for us, and probably the one position that if get more consistant, we make the biggest strides to being competitive and more.

Finole
02-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Now the Draft Board looks like this...

Brady Quinn - 44 votes
Calvin Johnson - 26 votes
Joe Thomas - 25 votes
Levi Brown - 20 votes
Gaines Adams - 18 votes
Ted Ginn Jr. - 16 votes
JaMarcus Russell - 16 votes
LaRon Landry - 13 votes
Dwayne Jarrett - 13 votes
Reggie Nelson - 10 votes
Alan Branch - 9 votes
Amobi Okoye - 7 votes
Jamaal Anderson - 5 votes
Leon Hall - 4 votes
Adrian Peterson - 1 vote

Levi Brown moved up a spot over Gaines Adams. Which I agree with. Ginn and Russell moved up a couple of spots. Landry dropped a couple of spots.

And everybody else stayed pat.

Also, somebody finally voted for Peterson. It is interesting that for all the talk about Best Player Available, that's not the consensus. Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas are at the top of just about every pro scout's list, but Brady Quinn is the runaway favorite in this poll.

Also, Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Anderson are pretty much unanimously considered Top Ten picks. But not in this poll.

According to this poll, if Quinn and Thomas both slipped to #9 (extremely unlikely I know) then the Fins would draft Quinn.

tay0365
02-08-2007, 04:17 PM

Realistically history has shown us that from now to the time the draft starts, anyone of those players could drop to be there at #9. Draft positions change very fast in the NFL draft.

fish fan 4 life
I just hope we take the best player on the board.

Dj Shoj
Ginn because you get 3 for the price of 1:tantrum:

phins3454
02-08-2007, 04:20 PM
I would love to have most of those guys but a lot of them will be gone when we pick, but I would love to get Joe Thomas or Brady Quinn

csabe
02-08-2007, 04:21 PM
You really think he'll last that long? Thats a big stretch IMO.

He is being rated anywhere from 10th-20th or so. It may be a stretch, maybe 5 picks but it's a risk. The $$$ we pay a #9 pick will be substantial, we just have to make sure the guy we pick is worth it for that cash. Not sure what will be left on the board at #9 money will be worth it.

Motion
02-08-2007, 04:22 PM
He is being rated anywhere from 10th-20th or so. It may be a stretch, maybe 5 picks but it's a risk. The $$$ we pay a #9 pick will be substantial, we just have to make sure the guy we pick is worth it for that cash. Not sure what will be left on the board at #9 money will be worth it.

I've seen him as high as 6th. Should have a much clearer picture after the combine.

Stitches
02-08-2007, 04:25 PM

I think there's about 11 players available right now who are worth #9 money. Brown is certainly one of them. And again, who are these magical trade partners. Sure, it's nice to say 'trade down,' but what are the chances? And if you don't think people left on the board are worth #9 money, why the hell would someone want to trade up into the #9 spot?

PlexGod
02-08-2007, 04:28 PM
can i ask.... why is everyone so hihg on quinn? He plays horrible in big games and has only bet i think one top 10 school all year. I dont think he's as good as everyone thinks and i think all the hype is getting into peoples head about his guy. i would rather have ginn jr or trade down a few spots and pick up brown then draft quinn.

Just wondering if anyone can give me a solid reason why this guy is "so good".
I wouls rather even try to get staton in the 3rd and develop him

Finole
02-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Well, Quinn is clearly the fav QB on this board. Here's a question... If Russell falls to #9, should the Fins pick him instead of Levi Brown, Gaines Adams, or Ted Ginn?

Motion
02-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Well, Quinn is clearly the fav QB on this board. Here's a question... If Russell falls to #9, should the Fins pick him instead of Levi Brown, Gaines Adams, or Ted Ginn?

I hope not, I'm not a big fan of his personally. I've seen him crumble against top defenses to many times.

phins3454
02-08-2007, 04:38 PM
If Brady Quinn is there, Cam Cameron will pick him with out hesitation

csabe
02-08-2007, 05:08 PM
I've seen him as high as 6th. Should have a much clearer picture after the combine.

True.

csabe
02-08-2007, 05:11 PM
I think there's about 11 players available right now who are worth #9 money. Brown is certainly one of them. And again, who are these magical trade partners. Sure, it's nice to say 'trade down,' but what are the chances? And if you don't think people left on the board are worth #9 money, why the hell would someone want to trade up into the #9 spot?

It's all about need and teams individual draft boards. One team could have 12 guys as top players and another 6 we have no clue to that at this time and not saying it's going to magically happen. Just saying that is the best senario "IF" we could find a trade partner. After the combine/workouts we will have a much clearer picture of who is worth what. I have read some scouts are saying 7/8 guys are the blue chippers. We will know soon enough.

Caldolfan
02-08-2007, 05:58 PM

1. Joe Thomas
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Levi Brown
4. Leon Hall
5. Brady Quinn
6. Ted Ginn Jr.
7. Dwayne Jarrett
8. JaMarcus Russell
9. Jamaal Anderson
10. Gaines Adams
11. Alan Branch
12. Amobi Okoye
13. LaRon Landry
14. Reggie Nelson
15. Adrian Peterson

This is right on.

Regan21286
02-08-2007, 08:58 PM
If Brady Quinn drops to our spot, he instantly becomes the BPA and fills a dire need. Best of all, he's used to operating under a bad line and having a porous secondary so he'll fit right in.

HurriPhin
02-09-2007, 01:30 AM
I would like to see Thomas, Hall, or Brown but since I dont think they will be available; my vote is for Quinn. I hope Cpep makes a strong comeback but I believe Quinn would solidify the Qb position for years to come. Im not a fan of Ginn at all, IMO he would be a waste of a 1st rd pick.

Stitches
02-09-2007, 08:30 AM
I would like to see Thomas, Hall, or Brown but since I dont think they will be available; my vote is for Quinn. I hope Cpep makes a strong comeback but I believe Quinn would solidify the Qb position for years to come. Im not a fan of Ginn at all, IMO he would be a waste of a 1st rd pick.

There is less than 1% chance that Hall will be gone by pick. With that said, I hope we don't take him.

Motion
02-09-2007, 09:29 AM

Hall's stock is dropping like a rock. He'll definitely be there.

Rafiki
02-09-2007, 03:37 PM
If Calvin Johnson dropped to #9, it'd be the steal of the century.

Finole
02-09-2007, 03:52 PM

Brady Quinn - 44 votes
Joe Thomas - 25 votes
Levi Brown - 20 votes
Gaines Adams - 18 votes
Ted Ginn Jr. - 16 votes
LaRon Landry - 13 votes
Reggie Nelson - 10 votes
Alan Branch - 9 votes
Amobi Okoye - 7 votes
Leon Hall - 4 votes
Adrian Peterson - 1 vote

Levi Brown moved up a spot over Gaines Adams. Which I agree with. Ginn and Russell moved up a couple of spots. Landry dropped a couple of spots.

Also, somebody finally voted for Peterson. It is interesting that for all the talk about Best Player Available, that's not the consensus. Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas are at the top of just about every pro scout's list, but Brady Quinn is the runaway favorite in this poll.

Also, Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Anderson are pretty much unanimously considered Top Ten picks. But not in this poll.

According to this poll, if Quinn and Thomas both slipped to #9 (extremely unlikely I know) then the Fins would draft Quinn.

Stitches
02-09-2007, 03:57 PM

Brady Quinn - 44 votes
Joe Thomas - 25 votes
Levi Brown - 20 votes
Gaines Adams - 18 votes
Ted Ginn Jr. - 16 votes
LaRon Landry - 13 votes
Reggie Nelson - 10 votes
Alan Branch - 9 votes
Amobi Okoye - 7 votes
Leon Hall - 4 votes
Adrian Peterson - 1 vote

People who didn't vote for wanting Anderson at 9 are naive and foolish. That'd be an amazing pick. While Peterson would be a great player, just he's not for us. I can't belive I am actually saying this, because I really like Peterson, but if I were dolphins GM I would take Ginn Jr before Peterson.

Wait...

I need a moment....

I might vomit.

Finole
02-09-2007, 04:07 PM
If Calvin Johnson dropped to #9, it'd be the steal of the century.

It's kind of crazy because there are so many defensive guys in the mix...

Jamaal Anderson
Gaines Adams
Alan Branch
Amobi Okoye
LaRon Landry
Reggie Nelson

That's 6 guys that could all be drafted in the Top Ten. Leaving 7 offensive guys...

Calvin Johnson
Joe Thomas
Brady Quinn
JaMarcus Russell
Adrian Peterson
Ted Ginn Jr.
Dwayne Jarrett
Levi Brown

And 4 teams really need help defensively...

Detroit
TB
Arizona
Washington

So it's going to come down to what those four teams do.

Motion
02-09-2007, 04:14 PM
People who didn't vote for wanting Anderson at 9 are naive and foolish. That'd be an amazing pick. While Peterson would be a great player, just he's not for us. I can't belive I am actually saying this, because I really like Peterson, but if I were dolphins GM I would take Ginn Jr before Peterson.

Wait...

I need a moment....

I might vomit.

:shakeno:

We could always run the wishbone with Brown and Peterson. :D

IluvJuMiami
02-09-2007, 07:00 PM
He's not going to be availabe but he's on the poll and should have been automatic over Quinn due to the lack of tackles in this years draft.

Joe Thomas - Wisconsin - Absolute Mauler

Roman529
02-09-2007, 07:05 PM
We are going to be just an average team until we have a decent QB...sorry, but I just am not going to cling top any hope that DC, Lemon, or Joey is going to get us anywhere. :rolleyes:

We need to draft Brady Quinn....if he is not there I would go with Gaines Adams.

Batman13
02-10-2007, 05:02 AM
Brady Quinn is highest?! Over Thomas and CJ? Never.

Stitches
02-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Brady Quinn is highest?! Over Thomas and CJ? Never.

You notice Anderson is only 2 votes ahead of Hall, and way behing Ginn and Jarret too. :shakeno:

SpencerFS
02-10-2007, 12:10 PM

1. Joe Thomas
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Levi Brown
4. Leon Hall
5. Brady Quinn
6. Ted Ginn Jr.
7. Dwayne Jarrett
8. JaMarcus Russell
9. Jamaal Anderson
10. Gaines Adams
11. Alan Branch
12. Amobi Okoye
13. LaRon Landry
14. Reggie Nelson
15. Adrian Peterson

Leon hall will drop to the second after he runs a real slow 40 he gets burnt on long routes he is not the lock down CB we need if we get lucky maybe Araon Ross or Marcus McCauley will fall to the second. You should have Darrell Revis there instead of hall he is way better just doesn't get as much attention because he plays for a smaller program and he is ten times faster with lots of upside and tall to add

musphinzfan
02-10-2007, 12:28 PM
its almost a cant miss between Johnson,Thomas and Russell....If the Dolphins had a shot at any of these 3 players and we didnt take 1 we have no clue.

A guy on the outside is Nelson...I see him as a Ed Reed type safety and we need that.

I took Calvin Johnson but any of these other guys would be excellent picks.

Motion
02-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Leon hall will drop to the second after he runs a real slow 40 he gets burnt on long routes he is not the lock down CB we need if we get lucky maybe Araon Ross or Marcus McCauley will fall to the second. You should have Darrell Revis there instead of hall he is way better just doesn't get as much attention because he plays for a smaller program and he is ten times faster with lots of upside and tall to add

:yeahthat: :hi5:

finfan54
02-10-2007, 10:58 PM
According to the players listed. My list based on pure talent at whatever position goes like this:

1a. Calvin Johnson
1b. Jemarcus Russell
2. Joe Thomas
3. Alan Branch
4. Brady Quinn
5. Gaines Adams
6. Amobe Okoye
7. Jamaal Anderson (5-7 could be any way a team sees a fit)
8. Levi Brown
9. Laron Landry
10. Leon Hall
11. Adrian Peterson
12. Dwayne Jarrett
13. Patrick Willis (oh he is not on this list, should be)
14. Reggie Nelson ( i admit ignorance on this guy)
15. Ted Ginn (smallish WR's never go early and for good reason)

Jaj
02-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Why in the world do you guys all hate Alan Branch. If you think Evans is the end all replacement your kidding yourselves. No Manny Wright cannot play NT on running downs...