PDA

View Full Version : if we want trade down !

fastball83
02-08-2007, 04:42 PM
who could be trade picks with us, and what we can hope to get for our N°9 pick.

opinins.

ps: obviously don't trade down if brady is here a 9

phins3454
02-08-2007, 04:51 PM
ok I suck at this but Im going to give it a try...

we make a trade with the Lions we give them Joey Harrington back and our 9th pick

for....Roy Williams and their 2nd pick!

too easy

fish fan 4 life
02-08-2007, 04:52 PM
I dont think we should trade down.We would have to give up to much.

fish fan 4 life
02-08-2007, 04:54 PM

we make a trade with the Lions we give them Joey Harrington back and our 9th pick

too easyThat would be a great deal IMO but i dont think it could happen.

jason8er
02-08-2007, 04:59 PM

too easy
When did the Lions hire Rick Speilman?

JT-forpresident
02-08-2007, 05:13 PM
who could be trade picks with us, and what we can hope to get for our N°9 pick.

opinins.

ps: obviously don't trade down if brady is here a 9

Off topic

you from france ? I'm from quebec, do you play football ?? If so do you know the team of Cannes ? 3 of my coaches played or coached there last summer ( francis boivin, patrick boies, and the other i dont remember the name, a WR )

rayfinkle5
02-08-2007, 05:14 PM
I have said this a bunch of times: Carolina at #14

Carolina will want our pick because Brady Quinn will drop to 9 and they need a QB to replace Delhomme. In exchange we get their 14th pick and second round pick, 46th overall.

Motion
02-08-2007, 05:14 PM

Carolina will want our pick because Brady Quinn will drop to 9 and they need a QB to replace Delhomme. In exchange we get their 14th pick and second round pick, 46th overall.

I'd do that in a heartbeat.

ASUFinFan
02-08-2007, 05:18 PM

They would have to give up more than just that second I believe. a third round pick or fourth would probably be in the deal also.

Stitches
02-08-2007, 05:19 PM

Agreed. Someone real good should be available at 14 still, plus a mid 2nd rounder, that'd be a great deal for us. I think they'd give up too much by the chart to offer that though. More likely would be thier 1st, 3rd, and 5th(not sure if those points still equal or not though), or maybe our 1st and 3rd for thier 1st, 2nd, and 3rd(still off on pts I bet).

Stitches
02-08-2007, 05:21 PM
They would have to give up more than just that second I believe. a fourth probably also.

I don't think so. 9th pick is values at 1,350. The 13th pick, and the 77th pick are valued at like 1,355. I think the 14th pick, and the 46th pick would be way more than 1,350.

ASUFinFan
02-08-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't think so. 9th pick is values at 1,350. The 13th pick, and the 77th pick are valued at like 1,355. I think the 14th pick, and the 46th pick would be way more than 1,350.

Yah but they might load up picks if they really want Quinn at 9. Those are just the standard points format. A team can stray from that if they really want someone. I dont see them trading up though so.

Stitches
02-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Yah but they might load up picks if they really want Quinn at 9. Those are just the standard points format. A team can stray from that if they really want someone. I dont see them trading up though so.

I don't see them trading up either. And teams do stray from the chart, but traditionally not too much, I think the 1st and 2nd for a 1st would be too large a swing.

Question: Assuming Quinn is at #9. Would you trade our 9th and 39th pick, for the Panthers 14th pick, 46th pick, and thier 1st round pick next year?

fastball83
02-08-2007, 05:43 PM
only if their first next year is in the package too, else draft brady.

just my opinion

BillsFanInPeace
02-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Actually i think if Quinn is there Car might stay put because of next years draft class, and the Stanton might be there in the second for them as well. Plus a big factor is how much does Carolina think you will draft quinn. If they do then they will trade to 8 if not they might stay put and see if he slips to them.

And the reason I say this is if he does start slipping then MIA would be their last threat.

Next ATL no QB here
SAN FRAN nope not here either
BUF nope
Rams doubt it
CAR could get Quinn at 14

Stitches
02-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Actually i think if Quinn is there Car might stay put because of next years draft class, and the Stanton might be there in the second for them as well. Plus a big factor is how much does Carolina think you will draft quinn. If they do then they will trade to 8 if not they might stay put and see if he slips to them.

And the reason I say this is if he does start slipping then MIA would be their last threat.

Next ATL no QB here
BUF nope
Rams doubt it

Of those, the Rams would be the lone possibility. (But still not likely)

Ozfin77
02-08-2007, 06:04 PM
It all depends who's on the board when our pick comes, but I'd be all for trading with Carolina. Plenty of QB's in next years draft.

NorFlaFin
02-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Trade down with NE. The Fins 9th is just about break even with their 22nd and 28th.
Throw a bag of cheeese doodles........

BillsFanInPeace
02-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Trade down with NE. The Fins 9th is just about break even with their 22nd and 28th.

My question here is WHY? would NE, who routinely has good drafts, give up two picks to move to 9. WHO would they be targeting to give up two future players for them?

finnyfan4life
02-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Plenty of QB's in next years draft.

If getting a franchise QB is that easy, why have we been in a QB hell for years?

Ozfin77
02-08-2007, 07:02 PM

NEVER! :eek:

Why would we give our DIVISION RIVAL the 9th overall selection?

I'd be extremely disappointed if we went this way.

csabe
02-08-2007, 07:30 PM

Sounds good to me.

Captain91
02-08-2007, 11:02 PM
QUINN won't be there at 9 so it doesn't matter. :shakeno: We should trade down though cause of all the holes we need to fill.:o

fish fan 4 life
02-08-2007, 11:04 PM

Carolina will want our pick because Brady Quinn will drop to 9 and they need a QB to replace Delhomme. In exchange we get their 14th pick and second round pick, 46th overall.Why would they need a replacement for Delhomme?Did he get hurt or something?

fish fan 4 life
02-08-2007, 11:05 PM
NEVER! :eek:

Why would we give our DIVISION RIVAL the 9th overall selection?

I'd be extremely disappointed if we went this way.Im with ya brother

DeDolfan
02-09-2007, 04:51 PM

too easy

That would be trading up to the Lions.

CANDolphan
02-09-2007, 04:54 PM

Next ATL no QB here
BUF nope
Rams doubt it

Very good. Im glad someone here gets it.

Texans would be the team that would benefit from the trade, not the Dolphins.

Miami would have to find a player that someone would want that might fall to Atlanta, San Fran.. etc...

Jaj
02-09-2007, 06:03 PM
The Texans would pass on Quinn? Get real...

They're just as likely as us to pick him. Besides Levi Brown will be gone by 14 too.

IluvJuMiami
02-09-2007, 06:14 PM

In order to pass up on Quinn, Mueller would have to either like Drew Stanton just as much(or some other QB in the draft), believe Cleo Lemon has what it takes to be the future franchise QB of the Miami Dolphins, or be on whatever Spielman left in the office desk drawer.

NorFlaFin
02-09-2007, 06:34 PM
My question here is WHY? would NE, who routinely has good drafts, give up two picks to move to 9. WHO would they be targeting to give up two future players for them?

WR. TE, and CB

IluvJuMiami
02-09-2007, 06:49 PM
WR. TE, and CB

Not happening. NE doesn't reach for studs. They select solid players and plug them in. For NE, any 2 players in the draft is better than any 1 player.

By the way, HOW IN THE HELL DOES N.E. HAVE 2 1ST ROUNDERS AGAIN?!?! God, what I'd do to have that front office...

CANDolphan
02-09-2007, 09:12 PM
They traded Deion Branch for a conditional 1st rounder which they got