PDA

View Full Version : Oakland will go Quinn (strictly opinionated)

nick1
02-08-2007, 05:02 PM
I hear all of this about how Quinn will fall to us but wait a minute. Oakland has hired a new head coach and he is an offensive minded guy. which means they will change the offense a bit. most of you think they go with Russel because he has such a good deep ball. but I have spoken with knowledgable Raider fans and they say the deep ball won't be the main focus in the new offense. they are getting rid of Randy Moss. and so they will go with Brady Quinn because he is more polished, more prepared to start right away like the Raiders will ask the guy they draft to do. which means Russel not Quinn will fall to us. you will see the experts change their mock drafts accordingly in the next few weeks. I have consulted with some draft experts and they foresee this change in mock drafts coming soon

phins3454
02-08-2007, 05:05 PM
I hope not, I would rather have Brady Quinn than Jamarcus Russel

Motion
02-08-2007, 05:06 PM
I hear all of this about how Quinn will fall to us but wait a minute. Oakland has hired a new head coach and he is an offensive minded guy. which means they will change the offense a bit. most of you think they go with Russel because he has such a good deep ball. but I have spoken with knowledgable Raider fans and they say the deep ball won't be the main focus in the new offense. they are getting rid of Randy Moss. and so they will go with Brady Quinn because he is more polished, more prepared to start right away like the Raiders will ask the guy they draft to do. which means Russel not Quinn will fall to us. you will see the experts change their mock drafts accordingly in the next few weeks. I have consulted with some draft experts and they foresee this change in mock drafts coming soon

:lol: Why all the sudden the change? They hired Kiffin weeks ago.

I still say the go after Leftwich and draft Johnson.

Stitches
02-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Yea, get leftwhich and draft Johnson. Bang! Instant offensive improvement.

TPD1479
02-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Yea, get leftwhich and draft Johnson. Bang! Instant offensive improvement.

LEFTWICH??? NO THANKS!!!! And I'd rathr have Quinn over Russell:dolphins:

Motion
02-08-2007, 05:13 PM

:shakeno: He's talking about the Raiders.

nick1
02-08-2007, 05:15 PM
:lol: Why all the sudden the change? They hired Kiffin weeks ago.

I still say the go after Leftwich and draft Johnson.

new developments, I have recently spoken with my friend who is a huge Raiders fan. beleive me I want Quinn and not Russel but Oakland is picking first and they will take who they want

Stitches
02-08-2007, 05:15 PM

I'd rather have Quinn over Russell too, but this is the Raiders. They could fill thier need at QB with Leftwhich(who is very underrated), and then draft a offensive cornerstone in Johnson.

Farmer
02-08-2007, 05:16 PM
ok, lets say for some reason raiders DO go with quinn. the browns would snatch up Russell right away anyway. the big 2 wont fall to us

Motion
02-08-2007, 05:16 PM
new developments, I have recently spoken with my friend who is a huge Raiders fan. beleive me I want Quinn and not Russel but Oakland is picking first and they will take who they want

Such as?

rayfinkle5
02-08-2007, 05:20 PM
The Raiders will pick up a QB in the free agent market and draft C. Johnson!

nick1
02-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Such as?

Randy Moss recently coming out saying he wants to be traded is really it, my opinion just swayed because I am now seeing it from a Raiders point of view. let me ask who this, who do you prefer? Quinn or Russel? for the same reasons you prefer Quinn the Raiders would also prefer him

Stitches
02-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Such as?

Maybe Al Davis sold the team?

:goof:

Pocoloco
02-08-2007, 05:24 PM
A lot of this obviously depends on how free agency and trades play out before the draft. But I was under the impression that Al Davis still runs the show there, and Russell is exactly the sort of quarterback that he would like (big, nasty, strong arm).

Just wait till the combine. Russell is a physical freak, and it'll show. He'll make Quinn look less impressive by comparison, and even the Raiders' fans will be clamoring for Jamarcus.

Stitches
02-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Randy Moss recently coming out saying he wants to be traded is really it, my opinion just swayed because I am now seeing it from a Raiders point of view. let me ask who this, who do you prefer? Quinn or Russel? for the same reasons you prefer Quinn the Raiders would also prefer him

No, Al Davis prefers the physical anomolies. He would definitely view the potential of Russel and see him as being better than Quinn who may be close to topping out. And Randy Moss has been saying he wanted out. That's not new.

nick1
02-08-2007, 05:26 PM
No, Al Davis prefers the physical anomolies. He would definitely view the potential of Russel and see him as being better than Quinn who may be close to topping out. And Randy Moss has been saying he wanted out. That's not new.

maybe so, I said in the thread title this was my opinion rather than something based on facts. I'm just trying to present a new idea, not saying this is what will happen and who knows maybe they go a totally different route and trade for Leftwich like motion said. than we may or may not have our choice of both of them (not likely)

Stitches
02-08-2007, 05:35 PM
maybe so, I said in the thread title this was my opinion rather than something based on facts. I'm just trying to present a new idea, not saying this is what will happen and who knows maybe they go a totally different route and trade for Leftwich like motion said. than we may or may not have our choice of both of them (not likely)

" I have consulted with some draft experts and they foresee this change in mock drafts coming soon"

That doesn't look like an opinion.

PhinFan0202
02-08-2007, 05:49 PM
I would believe that. Even if Quinn dosen't fall to us this year i still think that better QBs are coming out next year anyway. Brian Brohm, Colt Brennan, John David Booty are just three QBs that would be possible to get.

Caldolfan
02-08-2007, 05:55 PM
No to Brady Quinn and Russell.
We have a QB.
Really need LT, LB's, DB's, and DL's, don't need a QB.

Ozfin77
02-08-2007, 05:58 PM
QB next year....There'll be all those guys and dont forget Chad Henne?

I think it comes down to Defence or WR for us in the first round.

2413fanphins
02-08-2007, 06:13 PM
i would take russell over quinn in a heartbeat. everyone says cam is gonna mentor whatever young guy we take this year anyway. think of the things he could do with russell.

it won't happen but it'd be nice. I have been against quinn all along.
nothing he has done in his career tell me he is worth the ninth pick.
his number are sweet no doubt, but how many tds' career came against army, navy, air force, and stanford.

I would rather get a qb this year in rounds 2 to 4. or wait til next year and shoot for henne or one of next years guys.

of course this is all contigent on cpep not coming back.

donart
02-08-2007, 06:21 PM
IMO fins don't pick a QB at #9. Too many other needs. I think Cam will go with the QB's he has and if one is available in later rounds then good. Other wise look for a big play, impact player at 9.

NorFlaFin
02-08-2007, 06:29 PM
IMO, The Raiders may take Adrian Peterson (RB), when the Raiders were good under Madden they had a very stout run game and quite frankly Lamont Jordan sucks.

FinAtic8480
02-08-2007, 06:58 PM
I have a feeling the Raiders will try to siqn Jake Plummer and will draft Calvin Johnson.Check out how many QB's will be avlaible you think AL Davis who has never believed in rebuilding and has always gotten his QBs of other teams is gonna change now.
It gets better.

Now Boller might be on his way out of Baltimore as well.

http://blogs.baltimoresun.com/sports...ler_trade.html (http://blogs.baltimoresun.com/sports_football_ravens/2007/02/boller_trade.html)

Texans | Expected to pursue Plummer
Mike Mulligan and Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times (http://www.kffl.com/link/149), report the Houston Texans (http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl) are expected to target Denver Broncos (http://www.kffl.com/team/15/nfl) QBJake Plummer (http://www.kffl.com/player/43/nfl), who is expected to be released by the team this offseason. Texans (http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl) coach Gary Kubiak (http://www.kffl.com/player/6552/nfl) was the offensive coordinator in Denver when Plummer signed there.

Plummer is expected to be realease and there is no guarantee he may sign with the Texans. He could end up in Oakland or with the Browns.If he were to end up in Houston, goodbye Carr. Meaning he could end up with the Browns or Oakland.

Quote:
In the end, Schaub’s chances of re-signing with the Falcons don’t look good.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagents.html

Jaguars | Agent, team to discuss Leftwich's future
Vito Stellino (http://www.kffl.com/link/133), of the Florida Times-Union (http://www.kffl.com/link/10), reports Tom Condon, the agent for Jacksonville Jaguars (http://www.kffl.com/team/20/nfl) QB Byron Leftwich (http://www.kffl.com/player/5891/nfl), says he plans to meet with the team to discuss the quarterback's future. Condon would not say whether Leftwich is open to remaining with the team or whether he will seek a trade in the offseason. "It doesn't do me any good to speculate or talk about that kind of stuff," Condon said. "I have to gather the facts before I say anything or do anything."

Other QB's who are expected to be gone are Huard, Bledsoe.

Possible QBs who can be traded:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/trades.html

kashbo
02-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Byron Leftwich should come down here

Geforce
02-08-2007, 07:33 PM
IMO, The Raiders may take Adrian Peterson (RB), when the Raiders were good under Madden they had a very stout run game and quite frankly Lamont Jordan sucks.

When Madden was with the Raiders, they had one of the best OLs around. Their offensive line sucks right now and not even Adrian Peterson can change that.

Geforce
02-08-2007, 07:43 PM

Quinn may be more polished but Russell has more upside and after what Vince Young did last year for the Titans, they still might go with JaMarcus.

FinAtic8480
02-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Has anyone thought they might sign a QB through FA.....

Regan21286
02-08-2007, 08:51 PM

Al Davis is the one calling the shots and what he likes to see are big QB's with cannon arms. He wants more along the lines of Daunte Culpepper than Tom Brady. Not a wise set of criteria but it's his team, he's the boss.

FinAtic8480
02-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Al Davis does not want to rebuild. The man is old and wants to see his team make a run at it before he passes.He likes big FA, and his 1st rd picks are usually traded. The raiders at 1 are a mystery they either stay put and draft the lest likely person like Thomas, or they will force a huge trade. Now I tell you this when the Raiders give big money to Plummer or trade for a QB dont be surprise, they will draft a Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson or maybe even Thomas. I dont see Russell going first to them. If you look at the raiders tendencies they like to bring in FA QB. I have a feeling they are targeting Leftwich and Plummer....There #1 priority is there o-line.

FinAtic8480
02-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Boller is on the trading block, we all know how much Blilick has wanted a big name WR for years. Maybe Mosses next destination is Baltimore an exchange the Raiders get Boller. Ill say it once and Ill say it again the Raiders will get their QB via Trade or FA

IdahoPhin
02-08-2007, 10:47 PM

I have two friends that are Raider fans and they have voiced what you just said. They both want Peterson.

FinAtic8480
02-08-2007, 11:06 PM
I think Mock Drafts are gonna look real different when Johnson and Peterson show off at the Combine.... I still say Qakland finds its QB before the Draft....

Schaub, Garcia, Huard, will all be FA. Plummer Carr and Leftwich will get all be with new teams. Your telling me Oakland,Cleveland,Tampa and Houston dont try signing this guys.... BS

Crowder52
02-08-2007, 11:21 PM

Serious question: Who are these draft experts you consulted?

Sean
02-08-2007, 11:40 PM
oakland will pick rusell plain and simple

SR 7
02-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Al Davis does not want to rebuild. The man is old and wants to see his team make a run at it before he passes.He likes big FA, and his 1st rd picks are usually traded. The raiders at 1 are a mystery they either stay put and draft the lest likely person like Thomas, or they will force a huge trade. Now I tell you this when the Raiders give big money to Plummer or trade for a QB dont be surprise, they will draft a Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson or maybe even Thomas. I dont see Russell going first to them. If you look at the raiders tendencies they like to bring in FA QB. I have a feeling they are targeting Leftwich and Plummer....There #1 priority is there o-line.

agreed. maybe we can trade DC for a 1st :) then DC becomes the 04 DC and as usual we get suckered.

FinAtic8480
02-09-2007, 12:33 AM
I wonder if they will take Our 1st, Daunte and Chambers.....

Motion
02-09-2007, 09:32 AM

Well that makes my prediction even more possible. The get rid of Moss and draft Calvin Johnson. Then go after Leftwich.

Perfect23
02-09-2007, 09:39 AM
dwane jarret I think

Motion
02-09-2007, 09:48 AM
dwane jarret I think

:hmmm: You think they will take him 1st?

Perfect23
02-09-2007, 09:54 AM
:hmmm: You think they will take him 1st?

yup there really isnt anybody to take 1st overall this year yes Calvin Johnson is good but not worth number 1 overall and plus he will get to work with someone he has coached if he yakes Jarrret.

Motion
02-09-2007, 09:56 AM
yup there really isnt anybody to take 1st overall this year yes Calvin Johnson is good but not worth number 1 overall and plus he will get to work with someone he has coached if he yakes Jarrret.

Wow, first I've heard that theory. I would be absolutely shocked if that happened.

Crowder52
02-09-2007, 11:25 AM

:lol:

Geforce
02-09-2007, 11:37 AM
You don't think Calvin Johnson is worth the 1st overall pick but you think Dwayne Jarrett is??

Vertical Limit
02-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Wow, first I've heard that theory. I would be absolutely shocked if that happened.
All I have to say about that theory is, don't be surprised if it actually happens. :shakeno: This is the Raiders we're talking about. :shakeno:

Motion
02-09-2007, 12:15 PM
All I have to say about that theory is, don't be surprised if it actually happens. :shakeno: This is the Raiders we're talking about. :shakeno:

:chuckle: touche

I would be surprised and happy all at the same time cause that means another player with real talent will be available for us.

Spartiate
02-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Like some of you have said, I believe Oakland will pick up most likely Leftwich because he still has some miles left on him, trade randy moss and most likely porter, then draft Calvin Johnson.

Cleveland would be the team that scoops up Jake Plummer to play while Frye and Anderson are still developing. He wont be a long term guy, maybe a year or two.

I think Houston and Detroit are the wildcards if everything I have noted pans out. IMO Houston would be morons to get rid of Carr. They need to get that guy some OL and I think he'd do just fine. But if they do look for them to trade Carr to Detroit and there 1st rd pick along with a couple of others so they could pick up, I would think Jamarcus Russel. That would leave Detroit with a good young QB in Carr and a plethora of picks to fix their many needs and it would make Houston, still down and out but with a monster at QB.

Motion
02-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Like some of you have said, I believe Oakland will pick up most likely Leftwich because he still has some miles left on him, trade randy moss and most likely porter, then draft Calvin Johnson.

Cleveland would be the team that scoops up Jake Plummer to play while Frye and Anderson are still developing. He wont be a long term guy, maybe a year or two.

I think Houston and Detroit are the wildcards if everything I have noted pans out. IMO Houston would be morons to get rid of Carr. They need to get that guy some OL and I think he'd do just fine. But if they do look for them to trade Carr to Detroit and there 1st rd pick along with a couple of others so they could pick up, I would think Jamarcus Russel. That would leave Detroit with a good young QB in Carr and a plethora of picks to fix their many needs and it would make Houston, still down and out but with a monster at QB.

I have to disagree with that. I don't think he's Crennel's type of guy. I think Plummer is almost a lock for Houston since he and Kubiak are already familiar with each other.

Stitches
02-09-2007, 12:52 PM
I have to disagree with that. I don't think he's Crennel's type of guy. I think Plummer is almost a lock for Houston since he and Kubiak are already familiar with each other.

Yea, I don't see Cleveland going after Plummer. I could actually see them bring in Bledsoe, not to start, but so he could be a good mentor to Frye or Anderson. (My money is still on Frye starting opening day next season, barring an injury in the preseason)

BlueFin
02-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Quinn may be more polished but Russell has more upside and after what Vince Young did last year for the Titans, they still might go with JaMarcus.

More upside? Physically? maybe.......however, a lot of what makes a QB great happens between his two ears.

We'll see how long Vince Young lasts as a QB in this league with his style, I suspect injury will become an ever-present problem for him.