PDA

View Full Version : TRANSFORMERS (Bay Movie)

Pages : [1] 2

TheMageGandalf
02-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Discuss :tank:

EDIT: http://www.transformersmovie.com/

There's the link to the official site which contains the trailer and some cool OpPrime lines by Cullen.

mor911
02-08-2007, 05:18 PM
good post... very informative. That idea about the main scene is priceless... Oh and thanks for the link to that trailer.

vmarcilfan75
02-08-2007, 05:19 PM
good post... very informative. That idea about the main scene is priceless... Oh and thanks for the link to that trailer.

:lol:
yeah and thanks for the spoiler :mad:

vmarcilfan75
02-08-2007, 05:20 PM
BTW

i hate Megatrons face.

Slappy8800
02-08-2007, 05:23 PM
how can we discuss something that noones seen yet?

mor911
02-08-2007, 05:28 PM
how can we discuss something that noones seen yet?
We're discussing the possibility that this movie may or may not be good. It's the thought process and theory of the movie experience that we're talking about.

TheMageGandalf
02-08-2007, 05:29 PM
I got a few minutes so I'll start.

I think its going to suck.

I just think they have redone this to such an extent, compared to what they originally said they'd stick to.

I've read that Bumblebee isnt just a camaro BUT he can only talk through the radio and through songs at that.....LAME.

For example I can imagine something like this:

Kid: "Bumblebee we are doomed! What do we do!"

Bumblebee: <radio static then the song blurts out> "JUST BEAT IT! BEAT IT! BEAT IT! BEAT IT! No one wants to BEAT IT! BEAT IT!"

They first said they would do a faithful G1 iteration or at least a Peter Jackson type deal where he changes somethings but not everything basically.

Oh, we got one thing right....Peter Cullen's voice....which is good but...not enough to save this from being just a Big robot movie with Transformers name slapped on it.

Granted, I understand they also wanted to make it realistic so thats cool, BUT from what I've seen they've totally gone another way.

The designs are 50/50 with me. Some seem cool, but the Cybertron iterations look like some GOBOT inspired stuff.

I know there have been many changes over the course of this series, but they are due to just wanting to sell more toys really, and not because change is good philosophy. But business is business so I can understand that. Maybe I am just getting old and refuse to look past G1 :goof:

Slappy8800
02-08-2007, 05:32 PM
i think im going to pay way too much to sit in a room with way too many kids...and ill overpay for a drink and popcorn...sit way too longthrough coming attractions which will probably be the best part of the movie.

oh and ill step on something sticky

tucker
02-08-2007, 05:35 PM
its going to be a huge dissapointment..when has michael bay ever made a "good" movie

Stitches
02-08-2007, 05:38 PM
its going to be a huge dissapointment..when has michael bay ever made a "good" movie

Bad Boys II?

And I'm a big TF fan, and I really can't wait for this. I know some designs are different, but nothing looks overly dissappointing at this point.

tucker
02-08-2007, 05:40 PM
bad boys 2 huh?

mor911
02-08-2007, 05:41 PM
I actually think it looks pretty cool...
zZp75fWe-ss

Stitches
02-08-2007, 05:42 PM
bad boys 2 huh?

You said good in quotes, so I read that to mean entertaining.

vmarcilfan75
02-08-2007, 05:45 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

TheMageGandalf
02-08-2007, 05:55 PM
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0443c4d36d.jpg

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/962c0f36c8.jpg

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/6c432429d0.jpg

:shakeno:

vmarcilfan75
02-08-2007, 06:00 PM
:shakeno:

i dont mind him its megatron that looks like ****

vmarcilfan75
02-08-2007, 06:02 PM

TheMageGandalf
02-08-2007, 06:10 PM
i dont mind him its megatron that looks like ****

Oh yeah....OpPrime is passable....not exactly what I wanted though but its not my call of course...but I can somewhat get by the GOBOTness of it....

Megatron though.....:boohoo:

Megatron
02-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Oh stop crying you big babies, so it's a reimagining of the characters, big deal, been done about a half a dozen times already anyway.

ckb2001
02-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Well, at least there's a thread on this. Personally, I'm not too concerned about how similar it is to the original. What I do care about it how "realistic" the bots are and how "plausible" the story is. Stuff like whether the size of the transformers corresponds to how tall/large they'd actually be if you built them is the kind of stuff I look for.

Oh, and whether they give corny reasons for why the robots transform into familiar vehicles/machines is something I'd care about.

Anyway, Bay is great at action sequences, but I worry a bit since I haven't liked his previous movies too much. So, I'm hoping Spielberg being behind it will do the trick. Well, we'll see (but they better not ruin those good memories I have from childhood!!!!)

dolphan117
02-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Looking forward to it, especially since Spielberg is onboard.

TheMageGandalf
02-08-2007, 09:29 PM
What I do care about it how "realistic" the bots are and how "plausible" the story is. Stuff like whether the size of the transformers corresponds to how tall/large they'd actually be if you built them is the kind of stuff I look for.

I will give it that.

The transforming sequences do look pretty cool.

I am not completely down on everything, even though it might seem that way.

I was just hoping it was a closer re-imagining of the original series since that is what I watched as a kid.

I never really cared to see the other series they made like Beastwars and all that mess. Besides, by the time they changed to different series' and whatnot I was too much into football and video games at that point to pay attention.

So in my mind, Transformers is G1.

Other than that, I am sure this could be a decent flick if they dont make it too hammy. Which unfortunately thats why I think it'll suck because, although I like popcorn action movies, from what I've seen and heard so far somethings are just lame.

We shall see.

ckb2001
02-08-2007, 09:58 PM
I will give it that.

The transforming sequences do look pretty cool.

I am not completely down on everything, even though it might seem that way.

I was just hoping it was a closer re-imagining of the original series since that is what I watched as a kid.

I never really cared to see the other series they made like Beastwars and all that mess. Besides, by the time they changed to different series' and whatnot I was too much into football and video games at that point to pay attention.

So in my mind, Transformers is G1.

Other than that, I am sure this could be a decent flick if they dont make it too hammy. Which unfortunately thats why I think it'll suck because, although I like popcorn action movies, from what I've seen and heard so far somethings are just lame.

We shall see.

Well, I can tell you I've never had so much anxiety about a movie!!! I mean even if I'm willing to let them create new characters and other stuff you might be against, there is just so much room for messing this thing up!

By the way, on the note of keeping it true to G1, what would you do with Megatron? I think transforming into a hand-held gun (think of how large that "hand-held" gun would become - that's by the way one thing I never did like about G1 - it was physically impossible for Megatron to become a hand-held gun) is problematic.

By the way, one change I do like is with Starscream. Being an F-22 is simply cooler, stealthier, and more fearsome than an F-15. One change I probably wouldn't have made is Ratchet, though he's not that bad in his new form.

Oh, and one group of autobots I wish they would include in the 2nd film of the series (apparently, there will be 3 films) are the Dinobots!

TheMageGandalf
02-08-2007, 10:25 PM
By the way, on the note of keeping it true to G1, what would you do with Megatron? I think transforming into a hand-held gun (think of how large that "hand-held" gun would become - that's by the way one thing I never did like about G1 - it was physically impossible for Megatron to become a hand-held gun) is problematic.

Well, I am thinking along the lines of say...T2...

Remember when the Terminator (Arnold) was asked by John C. if he (the Liquid Metal Terminator) can turn into...I think a bomb...(forgot now what it was for certain) and the Terminator (Arnold) replies something like "No, he can't form complex things with moving parts, but he can form things like Knives and stabbing weapons."

So....I believe that the concept of Transformers is really SCI-FI to begin with...so if you go the imaginatative route like Cameron did with T2 and the liquid metal Terminator concept I am sure you could sit down and form a think tank of sorts and come up with a plausible explanation.

Remember that Megatron could transform into a gun that was to scale with both a Human AND a Transformer, as in some episodes he was held by Starscream.

As far as Starscream being an F-22, I actually dont have a problem with that since he's still a jet and I dont have a problem with the Bumblebee other than the lame way hes been rumored to communicate and the fact that they choose a camaro over a smaller car like a mini or something since VW didnt want to lend the Bug look (why? they did it back in the day I dont get it...itd be advertising for their cars :confused: ).

What Ive seen around rumor sites is that if theres another movie my fav. one, Soundwave, will be anything but a sound device which I know the newer cartoons have changed that already since my son has a Soundwave thats a jet or a bomber or something :rolleyes: and the Laserbeak it came with is a bomb I think...its not a cassette player thats for sure.

ckb2001
02-08-2007, 10:43 PM
By the way, here's a link to a 30 minute announcement from Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, the writers of the movie (the first 2 minutes is a trailer):
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/mf/frame?theme=minfo&lid=wmv-300-p.1469755-170600,wmv-700-p.1469756-170600,wmv-1000-p.1469757-170600,wmv-56-p.1469753-170600,wmv-100-p.1469754-170600,wmv-28-p.1469753-170600&id=1808716430&f=1808716430&mspid=1809744372&type=m&a=0,15

Mostly news we already have, but it gives some info on the writers, their viewpoint, and the characters.

Stitches
02-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Well, I can tell you I've never had so much anxiety about a movie!!! I mean even if I'm willing to let them create new characters and other stuff you might be against, there is just so much room for messing this thing up!

By the way, one change I do like is with Starscream. Being an F-22 is simply cooler, stealthier, and more fearsome than an F-15. One change I probably wouldn't have made is Ratchet, though he's not that bad in his new form.

Oh, and one group of autobots I wish they would include in the 2nd film of the series (apparently, there will be 3 films) are the Dinobots!

Within the realm of the TF universe, it is completely possible to shrink in size during transformation. Certain characters have it like written into thier spark, and that allows them to do certain things. I forget the exact term used to describe the science behind the shrinking into the gun, but I'm sure I could find it if need be. Soundwave was the same way as a walkman, Blaster as a boombox(and all thier cassettes), and Perceptor as a microscope.

tmny99
02-09-2007, 02:15 PM
It looks like it will be a good movie.

ckb2001
02-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Within the realm of the TF universe, it is completely possible to shrink in size during transformation. Certain characters have it like written into thier spark, and that allows them to do certain things. I forget the exact term used to describe the science behind the shrinking into the gun, but I'm sure I could find it if need be. Soundwave was the same way as a walkman, Blaster as a boombox(and all thier cassettes), and Perceptor as a microscope.

Well, I guess one could imagine a science of the future that could do that.

However, there's one thing they cannot change, even with a change in size: weight. So, if there ever was a time when a human held Soundwave (I think there was right?) then that would go beyond what one could do.

Anyway, the point is IF they allow the size to change, the reason has to be plausible. TheMageGandalf talked about a possible change of state, so going through a liquid temporary state. That might work. Or one could simply assume the robots are capable of transforming at a microscopic level - so instead of large parts changing positions, lots of smaller microscopic parts do. This way, one could argue the larger bot is mostly empty space (hollow inside), allowing for a change of shape and size.

Of course, then the question becomes IF they could do something like that (either liquid or microscopic transformation), why can they only transform into one type of vehicle or so? In principle, each such bot could transform into anything if that's the case.

Well, like I said, I just want it to be plausible.

Stitches
02-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Well, I guess one could imagine a science of the future that could do that.

However, there's one thing they cannot change, even with a change in size: weight. So, if there ever was a time when a human held Soundwave (I think there was right?) then that would go beyond what one could do.

Anyway, the point is IF they allow the size to change, the reason has to be plausible. TheMageGandalf talked about a possible change of state, so going through a liquid temporary state. That might work. Or one could simply assume the robots are capable of transforming at a microscopic level - so instead of large parts changing positions, lots of smaller microscopic parts do. This way, one could argue the larger bot is mostly empty space (hollow inside), allowing for a change of shape and size.

Of course, then the question becomes IF they could do something like that (either liquid or microscopic transformation), why can they only transform into one type of vehicle or so? In principle, each such bot could transform into anything if that's the case.

Well, like I said, I just want it to be plausible.

Currently I will only address the bolded. There are numerous transformers that can change into more than only one alternate mode aside from thier robot mode: Astrotrain, Omega Supreme, Sixshot, Metroplex, and Blitzwing just to name a few. Then you have all the combiners: Airialbots, Constructicons, Predacons, Protectobots, etc, etc. And all the transformers that have alternate modes, can change thier alternate mode. Just most of them only be one thing at a time. For example you think Bumblebee's alternate mode was a VW bug on Cybertron? No. They had to scan surrounding areas to get thier alternate mode. And when addresssing the issue of thier alternade modes on cybertron, I will have to say the historical origons of the transformers themselves are somewhat vague, but they were origonally built to be slaves of another race(the race name eludes me at the moment, but they make an appearance in G1 season 3 I believe).

Stitches
02-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Another issue with plausibility. These are alien life forms, not exactly robots. It's not like they were built with human technology. They come from a far more technologically advanced society, unlike anything the Earth had ever seen. Perhaps, they had made certain scientific discoveries that allow them to change size and weight, while we simply aren't even close to scratching the surface on such ideas. I mean, after all their spaceships could traverse entire galaxies, while ours have difficulty getting anywhere past the moon. The had 'stargates' (not the right term), but they could transport themselves from Cybertron to earth without the use of a ship or stasus pod. It had even been inferred that many of the first technological advances by very early humans may had been influenced by transformers also.

Now, with all that being said, I don't think there was any way (even in a 3 hour movie) for them to be able to explain all the intricacies of Cybertronian society or the scientific reasoning behind certain things. The audience would just have to accept them as being plausible in the TF universe, because they are. And that is why I'm prefectly fine with some things being changed from G1. There was no way to make this mainstream and stay true to G1. That was just not possible. But what they could do is keep the personalities of the characters the same, as well as thier demeanoar, and retain the same conflicts and ideals between factions. And it looks liek they've done that for the most part.

Stitches
02-09-2007, 03:30 PM
I am a huuuuuuge nerd.

Help... :(

ckb2001
02-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Currently I will only address the bolded. There are numerous transformers that can change into more than only one alternate mode aside from thier robot mode: Astrotrain, Omega Supreme, Sixshot, Metroplex, and Blitzwing just to name a few. Then you have all the combiners: Airialbots, Constructicons, Predacons, Protectobots, etc, etc. And all the transformers that have alternate modes, can change thier alternate mode. Just most of them only be one thing at a time. For example you think Bumblebee's alternate mode was a VW bug on Cybertron? No. They had to scan surrounding areas to get thier alternate mode. And when addresssing the issue of thier alternade modes on cybertron, I will have to say the historical origons of the transformers themselves are somewhat vague, but they were origonally built to be slaves of another race(the race name eludes me at the moment, but they make an appearance in G1 season 3 I believe).

Yeah, true, but the point is they should be able to transform into ANY other form within the limits of material available. So, it wouldn't make sense that they could only transform into a few other things. It would literally be more like T2.

Well, I'm not complaining, just throwing stuff out there.

Another issue with plausibility. These are alien life forms, not exactly robots. It's not like they were built with human technology. They come from a far more technologically advanced society, unlike anything the Earth had ever seen. Perhaps, they had made certain scientific discoveries that allow them to change size and weight, while we simply aren't even close to scratching the surface on such ideas. I mean, after all their spaceships could traverse entire galaxies, while ours have difficulty getting anywhere past the moon. The had 'stargates' (not the right term), but they could transport themselves from Cybertron to earth without the use of a ship or stasus pod. It had even been inferred that many of the first technological advances by very early humans may had been influenced by transformers also.

It doesn't really matter if they're alien life forms. They still operate in the same universe. So, the same laws of physics apply. Thus, IF they had a way to change their weight, it would have to be through a device that could emit gravitons and thus cancel the effects of gravity.

OK, that's possible, but then the powers of these bots would be FAR greater than what we saw. There is simply no reason to have thrusters to fly for example.

So, within reasonable technological limits (those that still allow for most of the properties we saw), you can possibly allow transformation on a microscopic scale (we don't have such technology today of course) or transition through different states of matter (such as liquid), but it seems that taking it this far (or further as with a graviton emitter) would make the transformers as we saw them in the cartoon way too outdated technology-wise.

So, given what we saw, I don't really see how Megatron for example could have changed size (remember, this isn't too serious a question for me, just something to point out because I care about the plausibility issue).

Now, with all that being said, I don't think there was any way (even in a 3 hour movie) for them to be able to explain all the intricacies of Cybertronian society or the scientific reasoning behind certain things. The audience would just have to accept them as being plausible in the TF universe, because they are. And that is why I'm prefectly fine with some things being changed from G1. There was no way to make this mainstream and stay true to G1. That was just not possible. But what they could do is keep the personalities of the characters the same, as well as thier demeanoar, and retain the same conflicts and ideals between factions. And it looks liek they've done that for the most part.

I certainly hope they keep the personalities. Megatron versus Starscream was classic.

mor911
02-09-2007, 06:21 PM
nice avy mega

Stitches
02-09-2007, 10:57 PM
I found this great site containing like all information about Transformers ever(at first glance, i didn't browse too much). But here is the segment I found as to explain how some transformers could change size.

“Explanations
Although size-changing has been evident in Transformers from the very beginning, the original animated series and comic books never address the topic, and it was regarded as simply being the way of things. Fandom debate on the topic has seemingly inspired later fiction to offer varying explanations on how it functions.
[edit]
Dreamwave
Dreamwave offered two explanations for size-changing within its continuity.
The first, to explain enlarging, was parts compression – the notion that the Transformers in question, such as Astrotrain and Broadside, had many dense layers of armor in robot mode, which then slid out, expanding to create a much larger, but less-strongly-armored vehicle mode.
The second explanation, to justify shrinking, was mass conversion. This method put it that Transformers like Soundwave were genetically endowed with the ability to transform not simply their bodies, but their entire molecular structure. This ability, not under their conscious control, only activates when they transform, shifting their atoms according to a pre-determined schematic.
[edit]
IDW
IDW's Escalation sees Megatron employ a mass-displacement sequence, physically discarding a portion of his bodily mass to allow himself to shrink to a human-scaled pistol of appropriate weight and density. What with E equalling mc², the loss of this amount of mass (shunted to an undisclosed location in space and time) results in a volatile energy discharge, requiring bystanders to step away lest they be injured by the forces released.
Due to the energy shortage (and seeming near-total depletion of Transformers' primary fuel source, Energon) caused by their war, mass displacement hasn't been commonplace for a very long time. Since it requires a huge amount of energy, the technology had practically vanished until the discovery of Ore-13 on Earth.
[edit]
Fandom explanations
The issue of shrinking and enlarging was, in the early days of the online Transformers fandom, a frequently debated subject. The Transformers were clearly displacing their mass, to allow their shrunken forms to be operable – so where was that mass going? The postulated answer to his question was subspace, the void of sub-dimensional space between realities.
This explanation also served as an answer to the top Transformers question of all time ever – “Where does Optimus Prime’s trailer go when he transforms?” The answer? Subspace. Furthermore, in a few sparse instances throughout the American animated series, and with alarming frequency in the Japanese shows, Transformers’ weapons can also be seen appearing and vanishing in a flash of energy. Where are they going? Subspace. You get the idea, folks.”

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Size_changing

I underlined the mass conversion I was referring to earlier, how it was written into thier subatomic structure and stuff.

In_Flames
04-27-2007, 09:39 PM
I don't know if it has already been mentioned but Hugo Weaving(Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, V for Vendetta) will be the voice of Megatron. Also Megatron(the FH member) I found you an early bday present, only problem is I'll have to go to Japan to get it...:D

"The release of Transformers the movie is still over 2 months away, however the anticipated release can derive some ease with the pre-releases of various licensed memorabilia. Nike have gone and used the silhouette of the Nike Free 7.0 and done quite the mash up with Megatron and Convoy to create a pair of transforming sneakers. The execution is turned out quite well and would satisfy both Nike/Shoe and Transformer collectors out there. They have been released in Japan and will retail for 2,625 Yen."

CHECK OUT LINK BELOW FOR MORE PICS

SOURCE (http://www.hypebeast.com/2007/04/nike-free-70-x-transformers-megatron-convoy/#more-26926)

Stitches
04-28-2007, 12:22 AM
That's a sweet pair of shoes. :wink:

Motion
06-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Read the book last week, movie should be awesome!

Stitches
06-25-2007, 09:53 AM
Read the book last week, movie should be awesome!

Which book?

The movie novelization, or Ghosts of Yesterday?

I'm halfway through Ghosts of Yesterday right now, and sadly I'm missing the middle two issues of the movie prequel comic.

Motion
06-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Which book?

The movie novelization, or Ghosts of Yesterday?

I'm halfway through Ghosts of Yesterday right now, and sadly I'm missing the middle two issues of the movie prequel comic.

I read the Movie novelization. I need to pickup Ghosts of Yesterday.

Stitches
06-25-2007, 09:57 AM
I read the Movie novelization. I need to pickup Ghosts of Yesterday.

I bought it for like around $7 on deepdiscount.com.

Free shipping too.

Motion
06-25-2007, 10:01 AM
I bought it for like around $7 on deepdiscount.com.

Free shipping too.

Cool, Thanks.

Motion
06-29-2007, 09:38 AM
They just had Shia Labeuf on DC101 and he said he's signed on for several Transformer movies.

:woot:

vmarcilfan75
06-29-2007, 10:15 AM
They just had Shia Labeuf on DC101 and he said he's signed on for several Transformer movies.

:woot:

wow thats kids going to blow up.
rumor is he's Indy's kid in the next Indiana Jones and will take over that franchise.

Stitches
06-29-2007, 10:23 AM
It's been known for a while that Fox and him were signed for a few more I thought. Bay isn't signed for any more yet though, and neither are the writers. The writers said they don't want to write a sequel just for the sake of making more(ie just to capitalize on the money making). They are too big a fans of Transformers for that they said. If they make a sequel, they want to make it worthwhile.

Motion
06-29-2007, 10:27 AM
wow thats kids going to blow up.
rumor is he's Indy's kid in the next Indiana Jones and will take over that franchise.

No rumor, its fact. He starts filming next week. Harrison Ford has already started filming.

Motion
06-29-2007, 10:35 AM
It's been known for a while that Fox and him were signed for a few more I thought. Bay isn't signed for any more yet though, and neither are the writers. The writers said they don't want to write a sequel just for the sake of making more(ie just to capitalize on the money making). They are too big a fans of Transformers for that they said. If they make a sequel, they want to make it worthwhile.

Thats a good thing IMO.

Megatron
06-29-2007, 12:20 PM
I will wait to see it then I will give you all the final word. Megatron has spoken.

Motion
06-29-2007, 12:21 PM
I will wait to see it then I will give you all the final word. Megatron has spoken.

Shouldn't you be frozen right now?

Megatron
06-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Shouldn't you be frozen right now? Well when the script was first presented to me, I admit I had some issues. I mean yeah I'm a killing machine and the ayatohlla of rockin rolla, but they seemed to leave out my evil genius. But sometimes you have to let go to help put forward artistic impression, and being something of an artiste myself, I decided that that was OK.

Motion
06-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Well when the script was first presented to me, I admit I had some issues. I mean yeah I'm a killing machine and the ayatohlla of rockin rolla, but they seemed to leave out my evil genius. But sometimes you have to let go to help put forward artistic impression, and being something of an artiste myself, I decided that that was OK.

Makes perfect sense.

Megatron
06-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Makes perfect sense. Good I'm glad you see things my way now to another issue. Change that avatar to something more appropriate immediately. That is all.

Motion
06-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Good I'm glad you see things my way now to another issue. Change that avatar to something more appropriate immediately. That is all.

Dol-Fan Dupree
06-29-2007, 01:11 PM
I think it is going to suck and suck hard.

Motion
06-29-2007, 01:15 PM
I think it is going to suck and suck hard.

I've already read the book based on the movie. I think it will be AWESOME to the casual viewer. However, to the hardcore Transformer fans that want EVERYTHING to be 100% authentic to the history of the "story" it may be a bit of a disappointment.

Stitches
06-29-2007, 02:14 PM
A guy I know in New Zealand got to see it, and he was a big TF fan growing up, and he said the movie was awesome. He said any fan should be very happy with the movie. It's not perfect he said, but he thought it was really done well. Done about as good as one could expect anyways.

Stitches
06-29-2007, 02:16 PM
I've already read the book based on the movie. I think it will be AWESOME to the casual viewer. However, to the hardcore Transformer fans that want EVERYTHING to be 100% authentic to the history of the "story" it may be a bit of a disappointment.

Well I guess I don't qualify as a hardcore fan, at least I can understand that not everything could be 100% ofhow I would like it.

Motion
06-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Well I guess I don't qualify as a hardcore fan, at least I can understand that not everything could be 100% ofhow I would like it.

Right, I was/am a casual Transformers fan and I thought the book was great. I can't wait to see how close the movie plays out to how I imagined it as I was reading.

Firesole
07-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Just purchased a ticket for a sneak preview TONIGHT!!!! :woot:

Motion
07-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Already got my tickets for tomorrow. :D

mor911
07-02-2007, 10:09 AM
I just bought my tickets for tonight at 11:10pm

Gonna pee my pants, I can't wait.

Firesole
07-02-2007, 10:10 AM
I just bought my tickets for tonight at 11:10pm

Gonna pee my pants, I can't wait.

Stitches
07-02-2007, 10:26 AM
I'm not going to see it until tomorrow night at the earliest, since I said I'd go with my friend and he can't go tonight.

That means I'll have to stay out of this thread until I see it. I imagine I'll love this movie though, based on everything I already know.

DrAstroZoom
07-02-2007, 11:52 AM
OK, am I going crazy, or have there been two different reviews of the movie on MSNBC.com today: the first saying it was a glorified Chevy ad, the second much more positive?!?

Motion
07-02-2007, 11:54 AM
OK, am I going crazy, or have there been two different reviews of the movie on MSNBC.com today: the first saying it was a glorified Chevy ad, the second much more positive?!?

Wouldn't surprise me. All of the Autobots, with the exception of Optimus Prime, are GM vehicles.

Denverfinfan
07-02-2007, 12:03 PM
So if it's a commerical, these MUST be concept cars then right?

I don't care what the critics say, I will plunk down my cash on Wed and go see it.

DrAstroZoom
07-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Well, Bumblebee is supposed to end up as the 2009 Camaro.

I'm most definitely seeing it -- likely as a double-feature with Live Free or Die Hard. I want my brain to explode.

I just thought it was wild that MSNBC would pull a review and put up another one -- if that is, in fact, what they did.

Motion
07-02-2007, 12:21 PM
So if it's a commerical, these MUST be concept cars then right?

I don't care what the critics say, I will plunk down my cash on Wed and go see it.

The closest thing to a concept vehicle is the 2009 Camaro, "Bumblebee".

Stitches
07-02-2007, 01:05 PM

It's the same review, at least the links take you to the 2nd review. Apparently the 1st review was updated, and now it shows the 2nd review. I never saw the 1st review, but found the link for it and it brought me to the same place. I only went to check when you said something. I had only read my local paper's review so far.

Stitches
07-02-2007, 01:06 PM

And I want one of those Camaros dammit. I'm glad to see it is coming back.

Motion
07-02-2007, 01:12 PM
And I want one of those Camaros dammit. I'm glad to see it is coming back.

:quiet: I think its hideous.

Here's a link to the MSN Review btw....

http://movies.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=267367&mpc=1

Denverfinfan
07-02-2007, 01:26 PM

Oh I just meant concept car due to the fact that they transform.:sidelol:

Stitches
07-02-2007, 01:32 PM
:quiet: I think its hideous.

Here's a link to the MSN Review btw....

http://movies.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=267367&mpc=1

So that we don't end up watching two-hours-plus of dueling between glorified can openers, the filmmakers add a bunch of puny humans to become flies in the axle grease

How biased this guy is of the story as a whole is clearly evident with this quote, IMO. I honestly think he went in there with his overall opinion of the movie already made up. Especially with how he ends his review talking about how comic books have 'taken over' movies and such.

DrAstroZoom
07-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Ok ... very interesting that MSNBC.com had the MSN review up and then replaced it with a more favorable review.

This type of movie is really review-proof anyway, and I'm planning to go see it Wednesday.

Motion
07-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Oh I just meant concept car due to the fact that they transform.:sidelol:

:lol: Duh

Motion
07-02-2007, 02:01 PM
How biased this guy is of the story as a whole is clearly evident with this quote, IMO. I honestly think he went in there with his overall opinion of the movie already made up. Especially with how he ends his review talking about how comic books have 'taken over' movies and such.

No kidding, just from reading the book I can tell it will be much better than he describes.

Stitches
07-02-2007, 04:23 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/02/review.transformers/index.html

2nd not so good review I've seen.

Also the 2nd one that for some reason relates the story to Herbie the love bug. :confused:

And people wondered why they didn't want to keep Bumblebee a VW bug.

Motion
07-02-2007, 04:28 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/02/review.transformers/index.html

2nd not so good review I've seen.

Also the 2nd one that for some reason relates the story to Herbie the love bug. :confused:

And people wondered why they didn't want to keep Bumblebee a VW bug.

Blah.

Its gonna rock! :D

Stitches
07-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Again, both bad reviews I have read I wouldn't think are that good of articles to begin with(as far as quality of writing). Beyond that, they both seem to be on a relatively high horse as to what kind of movie they like to see. I think it should have like a breakdown of the type of movie the movie critic looks for when reviewing, so I can have a better understanding of where they are coming from. I mean not every movie is made with the intention of pulling home Oscars.

It'd also be nice if some fo the reviews looked at the mythology of the series or the hystory of characters involved rather than only metnioning that it was a toy line or 80's cartoon(which they seem to think only relates to children). And while this is sort of a re-telling or re-introduction of Transformers, many of the things from the origonal series have carried over. But apparently that provides little depth for these reviewers to look into.

God forbid they have to do some work for their article outside of getting to see a blockbuster movie before its release.

Stitches
07-02-2007, 04:34 PM
http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/entertainment/movies/17445481.htm
This guy at least understands what he is reviewing.

Transformers is big, fast, loud, stupid, occasionally crude and consistently entertaining. It feels like the big hit of the summer.
That's just his opening statement.

Stitches
07-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Pagan makes me cry sometimes.

The Chevy Camaro - being used as the star of the GEEKIEST movie on earth, the Transformers. You wouldn't see a Mustang being used for a movie bringing BAD 80's kids toys to life, would ya? ;)

:cry:

Stitches
07-02-2007, 11:15 PM
And I swear if people don't use the spoiler things in this thread when talking about the movie(outside of what you can see in previews at least) I will choke a *****.

aquaattak
07-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Just got back from the 8 pm showing....WOW!!!!!!

Hands down best movie of 'o7...If you feel the need, pm me for answers to your questions....

Im still in awe.....

Metal Panda
07-02-2007, 11:44 PM
saw it. mediocre. took way too long to get going, and Bay can't exactly build an atmosphere at all. and a Transformer actually saying something like "sup b itches"? are you kidding me?

then there's what one Autobot does to John Turturro which was just about the silliest thing I've ever seen.

Michael Bay should retire. He can't quit while he's ahead because he's never been ahead.

LJK825
07-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Just got back from the 9 o'clock. It was entertaining for a tuesday night.

EDIT: I must be on crack, today is Monday.

aquaattak
07-02-2007, 11:58 PM
saw it. mediocre. took way too long to get going, and Bay can't exactly build an atmosphere at all. and a Transformer actually saying something like "sup b itches"? are you kidding me?

then there's what one Autobot does to John Turturro which was just about the silliest thing I've ever seen.

Michael Bay should retire. He can't quit while he's ahead because he's never been ahead.

Ok so what would of you done differently?

Stitches
07-02-2007, 11:59 PM

Remember: spoiler boxes!

Metal Panda
07-03-2007, 12:14 AM

For one, I wouldn't have peppered it with corny one-liners and not waited 75% of the movie to get things moving. granted I don't know how much of that is Bay, as I don't know if he wrote the screenplay, but did he also direct the actors to ham up every corny line to draw even more attention to it, because they did!

Which isn't to say I have a short attention span or anything, but Michael Bay, outside of his nicely shot action scenes, can do very little else right.

Metal Panda
07-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Remember: spoiler boxes!

not necessary, I'm not gonna mention anything that happened.

aquaattak
07-03-2007, 12:17 AM
For one, I wouldn't have peppered it with corny one-liners and not waited 75% of the movie to get things moving. granted I don't know how much of that is Bay, as I don't know if he wrote the screenplay, but did he also direct the actors to ham up every corny line to draw even more attention to it, because they did!

Which isn't to say I have a short attention span or anything, but Michael Bay, outside of his nicely shot action scenes, can do very little else right.

He must of done something right because at the end, the movie got a STANDING OVATION....

DonShula84
07-03-2007, 01:36 AM
The second i opened this thread my brother called me to say he just got out of the movie and it was bad ***. This isnt the type of movie that serious critics will enjoy. If you go in expecting Citizen Kane you'll hate it. Take it for what it is and I think it'll be a fun movie. Bay knows how to make a summer action flick so I have faith it'll entertain.

George Beauchem
07-03-2007, 07:06 AM
Previews look great, I've heard they have the original voice to Optimas Prime. Yes I watched the cartoon as a kid.

Firesole
07-03-2007, 08:01 AM
I too saw it last night, and I enjoyed it. I went in knowing that it wasn't gonna be as good as it could have been since there was going to be involvement with humans, but overall it was a good movie. I fifgured that they'd have to setup some human storylines, and how they come to know the Transformers and all, so I was right about that.

I did find myself growing anxious for a while waiting for some action to take place, but in the end it was definitely worth the wait. I didn't mind the one liners, I even laughed at alot of the silly jokes, but as a true Transformers I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I found myslef getting chills at moments and looked over at my wife who caught me smiling from ear to ear. :evil:

can anyone tell me what happened to Starscream? Last I saw him he was being chased by the USAF planes, and then they acted like all the Decepticons were dead

LJK825
07-03-2007, 08:11 AM
I too saw it last night, and I enjoyed it. I went in knowing that it wasn't gonna be as good as it could have been since there was going to be involvement with humans, but overall it was a good movie. I fifgured that they'd have to setup some human storylines, and how they come to know the Transformers and all, so I was right about that.

I did find myself growing anxious for a while waiting for some action to take place, but in the end it was definitely worth the wait. I didn't mind the one liners, I even laughed at alot of the silly jokes, but as a true Transformers I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I found myslef getting chills at moments and looked over at my wife who caught me smiling from ear to ear. :evil:

can anyone tell me what happened to Starscream? Last I saw him he was being chased by the USAF planes, and then they acted like all the Decepticons were dead

I couldnt keep track at the end, I dont know if he escaped or died. On the website it does say that Starscream "He serves Megatron, but longs to fill his shoes." Maybe for a sequal??? Then again, I am always wrong and he could have died. I sat closer to the screen than I wanted and had trouble panning the screen.

Edit: He was the F-22 that was flying back into space at the end. So he did survive.

Motion
07-03-2007, 08:16 AM
And I swear if people don't use the spoiler things in this thread when talking about the movie(outside of what you can see in previews at least) I will choke a *****.

Good advice :ninja:

Motion
07-03-2007, 08:18 AM

Michael Bay didn't write anything. He actually had to be talked into the film, he was never a Transformers fan til now.

LJK825
07-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Michael Bay didn't write anything. He actually had to be talked into the film, he was never a Transformers fan til now.

Motion, when do we get your review?

Farmer
07-03-2007, 08:25 AM
GREAT MOVIE!!!!! BEST OF 07 by far.

wasnt let down like pirates, shrek or spiderman.

funny, that shia kid did well. lot of good lines

the line about the 'big arms' was great

and holy crap oh mighty that chick is sooooooo hotttt!!!

Motion
07-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Motion, when do we get your review?

After I see it. :lol:

Got tickets for 6pm tonight. :thumbup:

I read the book, so I know the storyline, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how it plays out on screen.

Firesole
07-03-2007, 08:31 AM
I couldnt keep track at the end, I dont know if he escaped or died. On the website it does say that Starscream "He serves Megatron, but longs to fill his shoes." Maybe for a sequal??? Then again, I am always wrong and he could have died. I sat closer to the screen than I wanted and had trouble panning the screen.

Edit: He was the F-22 that was flying back into space at the end. So he did survive.

was that shown during the credits? I seen 2 things with the parents during the credits but I missed the 3rd.

Firesole
07-03-2007, 08:32 AM

YES! I wanted to Le BOOF her!!!!!!!!!!!! :hump:

mor911
07-03-2007, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't say best of the year, but it's definitely an entertaining 2 hours. The humor was just corny disney chennel-ish banter imo. But the action, explosions, and special effects make up for it. It starts off slow but builds into a pretty epic movie. I enjoyed it a whole lot and so did the two chicks I went with.

Oscar performance? No. A fun filled two hours? Hell yeah. I recommend it. But Don't expect it to change your life.

mor911
07-03-2007, 08:44 AM
Watching Starscream take out those F22's changing from plane and back in midair had to be one of the coolest things I'd ever seen.

Motion
07-03-2007, 08:44 AM
I wouldn't say best of the year, but it's definitely an entertaining 2 hours. The humor was just corny disney chennel-ish banter imo. But the action, explosions, and special effects make up for it. It starts off slow but builds into a pretty epic movie. I enjoyed it a whole lot and so did the two chicks I went with.

Oscar performance? No. A fun filled two hours? Hell yeah. I recommend it. But Don't expect it to change your life.

But Tyrese said it would change everyone's life....................:(:lol:

Mindwarp
07-03-2007, 08:48 AM

come on now. is this the only movie you plan on seeing in 07? have you seen any other movie this year yet?

Firesole
07-03-2007, 08:52 AM
But Tyrese said it would change everyone's life....................:(:lol:

I was so glad that it seemed like he was hardly in the movie!!!! (sorry Motion if you're a big Tyrese fan!! :roflmao:)

Motion
07-03-2007, 08:55 AM
I was so glad that it seemed like he was hardly in the movie!!!! (sorry Motion if you're a big Tyrese fan!! :roflmao:)

:lol: No, not at all. I just saw him actually say that in an interview, made me laugh. I'm looking forward to this movie as much as anyone, but that statement is a bit of a stretch. :D

LJK825
07-03-2007, 08:55 AM
was that shown during the credits? I seen 2 things with the parents during the credits but I missed the 3rd.

Yeah, it was at the very end. I was stuck in the row as a bunch of idiots were playing popcorn wars and people started bolting out. I imagine 80% of the people in there didnt see it or was even paying attention. I just remember a plane flying up in space, but didnt think anythink of it until you mentioned it.

I thought both girls were smokin', the brunette and the blond chick with the accent.

Farmer
07-03-2007, 09:04 AM
come on now. is this the only movie you plan on seeing in 07? have you seen any other movie this year yet?

yea, i saw all the other 'big' movies this year. pirates and spiderman were both huge let downs. yea some of the jokes were corny but it was the best time ive had in a theater this year so far...so yea, best movie of 07

and no, its not gonna win an oscar or anything like that, but most entertaining movie of the year helllz ya

Farmer
07-03-2007, 09:06 AM
ya the blond's accent was money, she kept saying 'file'...didnt know you could make that word sexy. yummy

DrAstroZoom
07-03-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm going to see a "Live Free, Die Hard"/"Transformers" double feature tomorrow. I fully expect my brain to explode. Woot.

Stitches
07-03-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm going to see a "Live Free, Die Hard"/"Transformers" double feature tomorrow. I fully expect my brain to explode. Woot.

I'm definitely jealous. I am probably only going to see Transformers tomorrow.

PhinFan0202
07-03-2007, 10:05 AM
I saw Transformers last night and one word comes to mind, Great! I didn't think it was going be that good at first but they managed to pull it off. Shia Lebouf is funny as hell and the action scences were good. I would say it was the best summer movie thus far.

finswin56
07-03-2007, 10:05 AM

You are living right lately :D

aquaattak
07-03-2007, 12:49 PM

I dont know about that guy, but i've seen every "big" movie this summer, & by far this is the best ive seen.

vmarcilfan75
07-03-2007, 12:59 PM

youre going to masturbate if someone posts a spoiler?

:kick:

Stitches
07-03-2007, 01:03 PM
youre going to masturbate if someone posts a spoiler?

:kick:

Only if I keep seeing your avatar too. :rolleyes:

Vertical Limit
07-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Geek thread. lol jk.. I read two pages and had enough. :lol:

DrewAlmighty
07-03-2007, 02:14 PM
It was entertaining, but overall...

Live Free or Die Hard > Transformers.

Firesole
07-03-2007, 02:19 PM
It was entertaining, but overall...

Live Free or Die Hard > Transformers.

It depends on what type of movie you are in the mood for. For pure action you can't beat Die Hard. If you're feeling geeky and want to remember the good ol' days of playing with Hasbro products you gotta pick the Transformers.

Farmer
07-03-2007, 02:19 PM
need some help...PEOPLE THAT HAVE SEEN IT....

yall see the preview that was by JJ Abrams??? the one with the missles and flying around and the statue of liberty head?

it had no title, it just says like 1.18.08 anyone have any info on it? another godzilla movie or something? its the same guy that came up with Lost so i'm hyped just by the preview

Firesole
07-03-2007, 02:21 PM

yall see the preview that was by JJ Abrams??? the one with the missles and flying around and the statue of liberty head?

it had no title, it just says like 1.18.08 anyone have any info on it? another godzilla movie or something? its the same guy that came up with Lost so i'm hyped just by the preview

LOL that screwed me up too. Maybe I can do some googling.

DrAstroZoom
07-03-2007, 02:38 PM
This is the only thing I could find so far:

http://imdb.com/title/tt1060277/

CamknowsFootbal
07-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Everyone just go watch Transformers.

Please do not circumvent the profanity filter.

vmarcilfan75
07-03-2007, 03:17 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield

from what ive read it might be another Godzilla movie

Farmer
07-03-2007, 03:27 PM
oh gross...all done with handheld cameras? didnt they see how annoying it was in blair witch? even the preview was making me dizzy.

Motion
07-03-2007, 03:28 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield

from what ive read it might be another Godzilla movie

Sounds pretty crazy.

mor911
07-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Everyone just go watch Transformers.

:yeahthat:

Love me some transformers

Metal Panda
07-03-2007, 08:23 PM
He must of done something right because at the end, the movie got a STANDING OVATION....

I saw "Wedding Singer: The Musical" get a standing ovation on Broadway and it was the worst musical I've seen in my entire life.

My point is not to dissuade people from liking the movie. I'm just stating my opinion. Michael Bay makes crappy movies with bad dialogue, and this one was no exception.

Metal Panda
07-03-2007, 08:24 PM
The second i opened this thread my brother called me to say he just got out of the movie and it was bad ***. This isnt the type of movie that serious critics will enjoy. If you go in expecting Citizen Kane you'll hate it. Take it for what it is and I think it'll be a fun movie. Bay knows how to make a summer action flick so I have faith it'll entertain.

I don't think it's fair to assume that those who don't like it are art-movie snobs.

I was going in looking for an entertaining action movie and I was literally fighting to stay awake.

Was I fatigued already? Yes. HOwever, I was also really tired the day before when I saw the new Die Hard, and that didn't make me fall asleep.

Metal Panda
07-03-2007, 08:25 PM

Then that's fair. However, if I was directing a movie with dialogue that bad, you can best bet I'd have veto power.

Motion
07-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Then that's fair. However, if I was directing a movie with dialogue that bad, you can best bet I'd have veto power.

I think we get your point. :wink:

KingCrowder
07-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Just seen it and I really liked it. Like any movie based on anything there where differences that annoyned me a little. but all in all i thought it was great. i would recommend seeing it.

Motion
07-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Just got back from seeing it. LOVED IT!

Even after reading the book and knowing exactly what was gonna happen, seeing it on screen was awesome. Some amazing special effects and great action scenes. Was there a few cheesy, over dramatic lines? Sure, but overall it was a great action movie.

:pray:ing for a sequel!

Zeke0123
07-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Loved it ...it was EXACTLY what I expected and hoped for....anyone who was even a semi Transformer geek will have a great time.

Megatron
07-03-2007, 11:45 PM
even a semi Transformer geek Transformer Man.

Zeke0123
07-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Transformer Man.I stand corrected :D.. what did you think of it ??

Megatron
07-03-2007, 11:59 PM
I stand corrected :D.. what did you think of it ?? Hven't seen it yet, I can't handle thousands of kids around me at any given time. I'll see it next week.:wink:

Zeke0123
07-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Hven't seen it yet, I can't handle thousands of kids around me at any given time. I'll see it next week.:wink:your going to love it....Its one of the few movies I have been to lately where the audience cheered/clapped/gasped audibly the whole movie...I would see a late night showing soon to get that effect jmo.

Megatron
07-04-2007, 12:27 AM
your going to love it....Its one of the few movies I have been to lately where the audience cheered/clapped/gasped audibly the whole movie...I would see a late night showing soon to get that effect jmo.Good to hear Zeke, I'll go off your recommendation any day.

DisturbedShifty
07-04-2007, 12:31 AM
your going to love it....Its one of the few movies I have been to lately where the audience cheered/clapped/gasped audibly the whole movie...I would see a late night showing soon to get that effect jmo.
Never went to an opening night of a Star Wars premiere have you? People do that crap all the time.

wpgfishfan
07-04-2007, 12:35 AM
Good start for sales

8.8 million on a Monday

http://www.realitytvworld.com/apwire/news/%60transformers-grabs-88-million-in-tix-1.php?articleId=2783924&channelId=590

DonShula84
07-04-2007, 06:04 AM
I thought some of the dialogue was cheesy, I didnt have too much of a problem with it just got to be a bit much. A couple cheesy lines alright but enough already. Action was great though and I liked the movie quite a bit overall.

Zeke0123
07-04-2007, 03:00 PM
anyone else mad they removed the "transformer noise" when Prime transformed in the alley ?? it was in the damn trailer!:fire:

Stitches
07-04-2007, 06:52 PM
****ing AWESOME!!

I thought it was going to be good, hell I expected it to be great simply because I was a fan. But it blew me away still. Best movie I have seen all year(by that I mean most entertaining).

I thought the action scenes were amazing and the story overall was pretty good too. There were a few discrepancies from Ghosts of Yesterday to the movie though. Oh well.

Stitches
07-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Why did Jazz have to die? :cry:
He's my favorite G1 character in the cartoon.

And I never noticed Barricade get into combat in the last city fight.

Zeke0123
07-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Why did Jazz have to die? :cry:
He's my favorite G1 character in the cartoon.

And I never noticed Barricade get into combat in the last city fight. I was sorry to see Jazz die also he was very likeable...I think Barricade might have already been transformed and was in the slow-mo rocket fight...cant say 100% tho.

Silverphin
07-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Barricade got his *** whooped twice, by both Bumblebee and Optimus Prime. I wished Jazz didn't die, and I loved how the humans weren't rendered totally weak against the decepticons.

The movie rocked! Second best movie I've seen this year, right above Spider-Man 3 and behind 300.

Zeke0123
07-04-2007, 07:04 PM
anyone read my first spoiler?? Im thinking I might have missed it it was kinda loud at that moment but I was listening for it.

tucker
07-04-2007, 07:24 PM
fun movie..best action movie in a long time...megan fox is gorgeous also

In_Flames
07-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Not related to the movie, but I thought this was funny nonetheless...:D

The 7 Most Useless Transformers Ever (http://www.cracked.com/index.php?name=News&sid=2175) (warning: some language)

Stitches
07-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Not related to the movie, but I thought this was funny nonetheless...:D

The 7 Most Useless Transformers Ever (http://www.cracked.com/index.php?name=News&sid=2175) (warning: some language)

I disagree with the lack of use on like 3 of them.

In_Flames
07-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I don't agree with all of them but I do remember playing with the 'Wheelie' toy as a kid thinking to myself this has to be one of the most stupid looking and pointless transformers of all. :lol:

Stitches
07-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I don't agree with all of them but I do remember playing with the 'Wheelie' toy as a kid thinking to myself this has to be one of the most stupid looking and pointless transformers of all. :lol:

He was helpful at one point in his existence at least.

aquaattak
07-04-2007, 10:13 PM
****ing AWESOME!!

I thought it was going to be good, hell I expected it to be great simply because I was a fan. But it blew me away still. Best movie I have seen all year(by that I mean most entertaining).

I thought the action scenes were amazing and the story overall was pretty good too. There were a few discrepancies from Ghosts of Yesterday to the movie though. Oh well.

Which part of Ghosts of yesterday?

SCall13
07-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Just saw it with my son. We thought it was awesome.

Stitches
07-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Which part of Ghosts of yesterday?

It wasn't anything big.

1. The Lack of Devastator(who I thought was gonna be called Brawl in the movie.
2. Said Megatron had been at the Hoover dam since 1934, but it was the 1969 in the book when he was being moved to Nevada.
3. Said they learned Earth's languages from WWW, but they figured out while interfacing with Ghost One.
4. I had thought they said in the movie that they knew the Allspark was on Earth, but they had only known Megatron was there in Ghosts of Yesterday(I didn't read the movie novelization, so maybe they covered that there).

That's all off the top of my head right now.

Ronnieisabeast
07-04-2007, 10:53 PM
I never really got into tranformers, but saw it today, and I thought it was very good. I always have like Shia Leborf as an actor.Btw,Megan Fox is smokin hot.

Mephistopheles
07-04-2007, 11:03 PM
I enjoyed it.
3/4

One hell of an action flick.

LouPhinFan
07-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Pretty good summer movie. Typical Bay movie, it was an assault on my senses. Hearing some of the dialogue brought be back to my childhood.

"Autobots, roll out!"

"One shall stand, and one shall fall"

Ahhh, its like its 1986 all over again.

and yes, Megan Fox and the blonde Australian chick (whose part was useless in the movie) are HOT!! Fox could melt steel with those electric blue eyes of hers.

wpgfishfan
07-05-2007, 01:29 AM
27.45 million on Tuesday which is record for Tuesdays

1Transformers (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=transformers06.htm)P/DW (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=pardw.htm)$27,450,000

2Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=piratesofthecaribbean2.htm)BV (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=buenavista.htm)$15,731,919

3Night at the Museum (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=nightatthemuseum.htm)Fox (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=fox.htm)$13,506,030

4The Omen (2006) (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=omen666.htm)Fox (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=fox.htm)$12,633,666

5Meet the Fockers (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=meetthefockers.htm)Uni. (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=universal.htm)$12,629,620

6The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=returnoftheking.htm)NL (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=newline.htm)$12,476,242

7Spider-Man 2 (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=spiderman2.htm)Sony (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=sony.htm)$12,012,472

aquaattak
07-05-2007, 07:41 AM
27.45 million on Tuesday which is record for Tuesdays

1Transformers (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=transformers06.htm)P/DW (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=pardw.htm)$27,450,000

2Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=piratesofthecaribbean2.htm)BV (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=buenavista.htm)$15,731,919

3Night at the Museum (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=nightatthemuseum.htm)Fox (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=fox.htm)$13,506,030

4The Omen (2006) (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=omen666.htm)Fox (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=fox.htm)$12,633,666

5Meet the Fockers (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=meetthefockers.htm)Uni. (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=universal.htm)$12,629,620

6The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=returnoftheking.htm)NL (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=newline.htm)$12,476,242

7Spider-Man 2 (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=spiderman2.htm)Sony (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=sony.htm)$12,012,472

Wait until the July 4th numbers come out....

DrAstroZoom
07-05-2007, 09:23 AM
What a goofy, ridiculously fun movie. I never was a Transformers fan asa kid, but this kind of made me wish I had been. Just a great time at the movies.

retired opfinistic
07-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Great action movie.

More to it than meets the eye.

;)

PhinzN703
07-05-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm gunna see it on Sunday :D

DrAstroZoom
07-05-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm gunna see it on Sunday :D

I have a feeling you'll just love it. Put your brain on hold and get LOTS of popcorn.

Firesole
07-05-2007, 10:26 AM
My wife and I were talking about this later after we saw it. We loved the fact that this one one a very few "new era" movies that obviously uses CGI technology, but we couldn't think of one scene that looked "CGI-ish".

BTW Dr, nice new avatar.

DrAstroZoom
07-05-2007, 10:28 AM
My wife and I were talking about this later after we saw it. We loved the fact that this one one a very few "new era" movies that obviously uses CGI technology, but we couldn't think of one scene that looked "CGI-ish".

BTW Dr, nice new avatar.

It's actually my old avatar brought back off the shelf. Thanks! :)

retired opfinistic
07-05-2007, 10:36 AM
I have a feeling you'll just love it. Put your brain on hold and get LOTS of popcorn.

And watch it....on weed....;)

unluckyluciano
07-05-2007, 10:49 AM
I saw it last night I really enjoyed it, more so then I thought I would. I was a little weary since I am/was a big transformer fan, but it in no way let me down. This is one I will be buying.

mor911
07-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Has everyone seen the Sector7 website?! Really cool stuff like footage of Grimmlock and Insectacons!

FinsNCanes
07-05-2007, 11:03 AM
I just want to know when the next He-Man movie is.

I never got into Transformers. I'm also crossing my fingers for a Thundercats movie (I believe they made one like 15 years ago).

GI JOE would be awesome as well.

Stitches
07-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Has everyone seen the Sector7 website?! Really cool stuff like footage of Grimmlock and Insectacons!

Post the link.

CARFINFAN
07-05-2007, 11:07 AM
It was preetty aawesome. Lots of Action and humorous too !

LouPhinFan
07-05-2007, 11:11 AM
On a side note:

Did any of you guys see a trailer attached to Transformers that started out with a going away party for some guy named "Rob" and then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose. Earthquakes and such. Everyone runs out onto the roof just in time to see an large explosion off in the distance. Everyone then runs down the stairs out into the street where pieces of builings and such are being flung down the street by something. The last thing that gets thrown before the end of the trailer is the head of the Statue of Liberty. It was ripped off and winged down the street. The movie was produced by JJ Abrams (of Alias and Lost fame). The trailer didn't have a title, just the release date of 1/08/08.

Any one know what that was? :confused:

unluckyluciano
07-05-2007, 11:14 AM
On a side note:

Did any of you guys see a trailer attached to Transformers that started out with a going away party for some guy named "Rob" and then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose. Earthquakes and such. Everyone runs out onto the roof just in time to see an large explosion off in the distance. Everyone then runs down the stairs out into the street where pieces of builings and such are being flung down the street by something. The last thing that gets thrown before the end of the trailer is the head of the Statue of Liberty. It was ripped off and winged down the street. The movie was produced by JJ Abrams (of Alias and Lost fame). The trailer didn't have a title, just the release date of 1/08/08.

I thought I saw the title A bad robot?

vmarcilfan75
07-05-2007, 11:17 AM
On a side note:

go back 2 or 3 pages :D

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=182629&page=9

Motion
07-05-2007, 11:21 AM
On a side note:

Yeah, we were talking about that a couple pages back. They never showed the title but someone posted a link to a Wiki page about it called Cloverfield. Looks like a modern day Godzilla or something.

I thought I saw the title A bad robot?

No thats the name of J.J. Abrams Production company.

Motion
07-05-2007, 11:21 AM

I never got into Transformers. I'm also crossing my fingers for a Thundercats movie (I believe they made one like 15 years ago).

All 3 of those are in development.

unluckyluciano
07-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Yeah, we were talking about that a couple pages back. They never showed the title but someone posted a link to a Wiki page about it called Cloverfield. Looks like a modern day Godzilla or something.

No thats the name of J.J. Abrams Production company.
Yeah I just read about that on the web. Thanks for nothing :tongue:

Motion
07-05-2007, 11:27 AM
It wasn't anything big.

1. The Lack of Devastator(who I thought was gonna be called Brawl in the movie.
2. Said Megatron had been at the Hoover dam since 1934, but it was the 1969 in the book when he was being moved to Nevada.
3. Said they learned Earth's languages from WWW, but they figured out while interfacing with Ghost One.
4. I had thought they said in the movie that they knew the Allspark was on Earth, but they had only known Megatron was there in Ghosts of Yesterday(I didn't read the movie novelization, so maybe they covered that there).

That's all off the top of my head right now.

There were quite a few discrepancies from the Movie novelization to the movie itself, let alone Ghosts of Yesterday.

The cube wasn't even called the Allspark in the book.

The characters were much more involved in the book too. The blonde was a much bigger character.

The storyline itself was laid out different too. The book started out with Sam's grandfather in the Arctic.

They did download the language from the WWW though. :lol:

Firesole
07-05-2007, 11:29 AM

I heard on the radio that all 3 are now in the works. I heard Thundercats and GI Joe specifically. I'll search for a link.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5810

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117966320.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Stitches
07-05-2007, 11:41 AM
There were quite a few discrepancies from the Movie novelization to the movie itself, let alone Ghosts of Yesterday.

The cube wasn't even called the Allspark in the book.

The characters were much more involved in the book too. The blonde was a much bigger character.

The storyline itself was laid out different too. The book started out with Sam's grandfather in the Arctic.

They did download the language from the WWW though. :lol:

Seriously, if Devastator would have been in Ghosts of Yesterday the Autobots never would have made it to Earth.

I'm still not sure how Bumblebee was able to speak at the end of the movie either. I know Ratchet did something when they all first got introduced, but Bumbleee was still using the radio until the very end.

And I'm still so bummed about Jazz.

They better have Prowl and Wheeljack in the next one. Those are my next two G1 favorites.

I could definitely see Hound, Trailbreaker(who would have fit perfectly in this one since they had the GM partnership), or like Sidewipe too.

Motion
07-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Seriously, if Devastator would have been in Ghosts of Yesterday the Autobots never would have made it to Earth.

I'm still not sure how Bumblebee was able to speak at the end of the movie either. I know Ratchet did something when they all first got introduced, but Bumbleee was still using the radio until the very end.

And I'm still so bummed about Jazz.

They better have Prowl and Wheeljack in the next one. Those are my next two G1 favorites.

I could definitely see Hound, Trailbreaker(who would have fit perfectly in this one since they had the GM partnership), and like Sidewipe too.

I think they were going for the "Couldn't talk til he had something important to say" angle. :D

unluckyluciano
07-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Think they'll bring jazz back in the sequel? You know there has to be a sequel in the works.

retired opfinistic
07-05-2007, 11:47 AM
On a side note:

Bad Robot Productions was all I caught. It looks crazy.

Motion
07-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Think they'll bring jazz back in the sequel? You know there has to be a sequel in the works.

Doubtful, they probably won't have room for him. There are a ton others just waiting to be introduced. They have a pretty big pool to pick from for characters.

retired opfinistic
07-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Forgot all that when's the Lego movie coming out?

unluckyluciano
07-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Doubtful, they probably won't have room for him. There are a ton others just waiting to be introduced. They have a pretty big pool to pick from for characters.

From Wikipedia:
In reference to his death in the movie: However, a new released Jazz toy from Hasbro and Target with the G1 colors, has a description on Jazz's possible future: "During the long process of being rebuilt by AUTOBOT RATCHET, there was a lot of time to think. AUTOBOT JAZZ digs his Earth vehicle form, but the silver paint job had always left something to be desired. It got scratched too easily, for one thing, and dust stuck to it like cyberflies on old oil. Also, it wasn't nearly eye-catching enough. Just because he's supposed to be in disguise doesn't mean he can't be noticed. With help from BUMBLEBEE and AUTOBOT RATCHET, he picked this color scheme as the one most likely to get him appreciative looks from all the humans he passes on the freeway.

unluckyluciano
07-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Forgot all that when's the Lego movie coming out?
Legos II: This time it's personal for the number 2 block:

Motion
07-05-2007, 11:58 AM
From Wikipedia:
In reference to his death in the movie: However, a new released Jazz toy from Hasbro and Target with the G1 colors, has a description on Jazz's possible future: "During the long process of being rebuilt by AUTOBOT RATCHET, there was a lot of time to think. AUTOBOT JAZZ digs his Earth vehicle form, but the silver paint job had always left something to be desired. It got scratched too easily, for one thing, and dust stuck to it like cyberflies on old oil. Also, it wasn't nearly eye-catching enough. Just because he's supposed to be in disguise doesn't mean he can't be noticed. With help from BUMBLEBEE and AUTOBOT RATCHET, he picked this color scheme as the one most likely to get him appreciative looks from all the humans he passes on the freeway.

Sweet! Although, I'm pretty sure there hasn't even been a screenplay written for the sequel yet. There was a special on the TVGuide the other day that said several of the actors had multiple movie clauses in their contracts but the writers and directors were waiting to see how well it went.

I'd be really interested to see how they give him his spark back, unless thats what they use that piece of the cube that Optimus pulled out of Megatron. Speaking of, I'm sure we haven't seen that last of him either. Starscream will probably bring reinforcements to go down and get him. :D

Stitches
07-05-2007, 12:01 PM

I agree. :boohoo:(though he is like top 5 ranking command wise origonally)

I could see them bringing in Ultra Magnus too.

Shockwave has to be in the next one on the decepticon side.

Sadly, I doubt they'd ever bring Omega Supreme in. Could at least do a Cameo of the guardians if they ever go more in depth about Cybertron.

retired opfinistic
07-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Legos II: This time it's personal for the number 2 block:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif:eek:

Looks crazy!

unluckyluciano
07-05-2007, 12:11 PM
I'd be really interested to see how they give him his spark back, unless thats what they use that piece of the cube that Optimus pulled out of Megatron. Speaking of, I'm sure we haven't seen that last of him either. Starscream will probably bring reinforcements to go down and get him. :D

Thats what I was thinking. I hope so.
I woke up crying this morning because of him. haha

Motion
07-05-2007, 12:13 PM
I agree. :boohoo:(though he is like top 5 ranking command wise origonally)

I could see them bringing in Ultra Magnus too.

Shockwave has to be in the next one on the decepticon side.

Sadly, I doubt they'd ever bring Omega Supreme in. Could at least do a Cameo of the guardians if they ever go more in depth about Cybertron.

Yeah, I would think they'd try to keep the focus on the mainstream characters.

Stitches
07-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I would think they'd try to keep the focus on the mainstream characters.

My biggest fear would be them doing something like X-men 3. Man that movie was such a disappointment compared to the other two.

mor911
07-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Check out http://sectorseven.org

The login is codeblack

It's a cool Transformers site for the fans. It's a simulation of a PC at Sector7 you hacked into.

For some real goodies, open the RED drive on the left (third one down I think). This videos rock. You can see Grimlock in the 1st one.

Motion
07-05-2007, 01:33 PM

The login is codeblack

It's a cool Transformers site for the fans. It's a simulation of a PC at Sector7 you hacked into.

For some real goodies, open the RED drive on the left (third one down I think). This videos rock. You can see Grimlock in the 1st one.

Sweet! Thanks for the link.

Stitches
07-05-2007, 01:34 PM
I'll have to look after work.

aquaattak
07-05-2007, 06:30 PM

The login is codeblack

The Grimlock vid has been around for awhile, so has the site. Alot of "fanboys" were all riled up when rumors came out that Grimlock may possibly be in the flick...

unluckyluciano
07-05-2007, 06:34 PM
from wiki:

Producer Tom DeSanto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_DeSanto) has stated that he has an idea on how to include the Dinobots and Constructicons in a possible sequel

Jaydog57
07-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Just got back from the movie. Definitely one to see on the big screen. :up: Awesome! :peace1:

aquaattak
07-06-2007, 07:39 AM
from wiki:

Producer Tom DeSanto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_DeSanto) has stated that he has an idea on how to include the Dinobots and Constructicons in a possible sequel

Constructicons would definately be cool but what would they call Devastator? Bay shouldve stuck with Brawl for the tank.
Dinobots? That would be wicked..I guess once they get here they would have to land in a "museum" to acquire their earth forms.

Stitches
07-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Constructicons would definately be cool but what would they call Devastator? Bay shouldve stuck with Brawl for the tank.
Dinobots? That would be wicked..I guess once they get here they would have to land in a "museum" to acquire their earth forms.

Are an archeological dig site. But even then the audience would have to not realize that many of the dinobots came from different eras. All I know, is if they have Grimlock in dino form, they better have Slag.

In the War Within, Grimlock was in it and I think he was a type of Cybertronian tank, but he had the same personality. I really had no problem with him not being a dinosaur(or even being alive that long ago on Cybertron for that matter, though that is only different from the cartoon). So it isn't even as big a deal to me that he becomes a T-rex(no way he blends in if he does), so long as his personality is the same.

ILPhinFan88
07-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Awesome movie, I loved it :D

Enforcerfin33
07-08-2007, 04:29 AM
Saw it tonight and it was great. Loved the action in it, wish we could have seen more from the actual robots though. Megatrons part was not as big as I would have liked.

Skeet84
07-08-2007, 05:26 AM
I read some reviews and the ones I read said it was a pretty bad movie, But I still went to the theaters to whatch it and I loved it!! It was great and this is one of those movies that you should probably see in the theaters.

Noodle Arm
07-08-2007, 10:44 AM
this is one of those movies that you should probably see in the theaters.

If any of you have a Digital Theater in your area, go NOW! I saw it in digital and the picture quality was absolutely amazing. It's just so much brighter and clearer than film.

Silverphin
07-08-2007, 11:13 AM

They also have said there might be an aircraft carrier bot as well. If it is a decepticon, it might as well be Tidal Wave to Flattop.

Majpain
07-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Fantastic movie. Loved the action scenes. Really like the humor in it too.

PhenomenalPhin
07-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Awesome movie. I'm not a big transformers fan but I grew up watching it and got goosebumps when the autobots rolled up.

Silverphin
07-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Fantastic movie. Loved the action scenes. Really like the humor in it too.

"Bumblebee, don't lubricate on the human!"

Brown42000
07-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Saw it yesterday and was blown away, a great movie and it didn't waste anytime for the action to start and it didn't stop until the credits. Now a 2nd one is inevitable.

vmarcilfan75
07-08-2007, 05:21 PM
i liked the movie overall just some parts were kind of dumb to me.

PhinzN703
07-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Saw it today and loved it. A little too cheesy at some points and I didn't really like all the Transformers personalities but the action was ****ing awesome.

Tweak it a little bit and it's the best of the summer so far.

8 out of 10 for me

Majpain
07-08-2007, 08:55 PM
"Bumblebee, don't lubricate on the human!"

Yeah :lol:

OR the part where Prime is introducing the auto-bots and when he gets to Ratchet says " The boys Pheromones levels suggest he wants to mate with the female"

:sidelol:

i liked the movie overall just some parts were kind of dumb to me.

There were some parts like that. For one the scene where their all at Sams house, that part seemed to go on forever.

vmarcilfan75
07-08-2007, 09:12 PM
There were some parts like that. For one the scene where their all at Sams house, that part seemed to go on forever.

thats exact part im talking about. kind of dumb that they were trying to be sneaky.

Majpain
07-08-2007, 09:38 PM
thats exact part im talking about. kind of dumb that they were trying to be sneaky.

Yeah it did. Though it had its moments.

I liked how they killed the Black robot off. :shakeno:

Jazz was a straight up pimp.

"Whats happening *******"

Though it was kinda funny when he tried to fight Megatron. :lol: he was like a midget compared to Mega.

Silverphin
07-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Yeah :lol:

OR the part where Prime is introducing the auto-bots and when he gets to Ratchet says " The boys Pheromones levels suggest he wants to mate with the female"

:sidelol:

I liked the fact that they didn't make Shia's character a stereotypical dork.

"Yeah, I was just researching for a book I'm writing. It's about the connection between football and brain damage. You and your friends would like it. It has pictures... mazes...."

Silverphin
07-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah it did. Though it had its moments.

I liked how they killed the Black robot off. :shakeno:

Jazz was a straight up pimp.

"Whats happening *******"

Though it was kinda funny when he tried to fight Megatron. :lol: he was like a midget compared to Mega.

Yeah.... and Jazz wasn't even my favorite (but no where near my least favorite)

Brown42000
07-08-2007, 09:49 PM

"Yeah, I was just researching for a book I'm writing. It's about the connection between football and brain damage. You and your friends would like it. It has pictures... mazes...."

Majpain
07-08-2007, 09:59 PM

:lol: that was a great part too.

CARFINFAN
07-09-2007, 08:46 AM
I've seen it twice since the 4th of July. That Megan Fox is HOT. The
movie is worth getting on DVD when it is released.

Denverfinfan
07-09-2007, 09:00 AM
I've seen it twice since the 4th of July. That Megan Fox is HOT. The
movie is worth getting on DVD when it is released.

I agree with you on that Megan Fox, had to keep from drooling with the gfriend sitting right next to me.

Motion
07-09-2007, 09:20 AM
FYI.....................

Megan Fox recently got engaged to Brian Austin Green of Beverly Hills 90210 fame. :(

Firesole
07-09-2007, 09:21 AM
FYI.....................

Megan Fox recently got engaged to Brian Austin Green of Beverly Hills 90210 fame. :(

Jesus! First he gets Kelly from Saved by the Bell...and now this???????:tantrum:

Motion
07-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Jesus! First he gets Kelly from Saved by the Bell...and now this???????:tantrum:

With Vanessa Marcil in between. Has a 5 year old kid with her. :boohoo:

retired opfinistic
07-09-2007, 09:26 AM
I have a friend that works for Digital Domain in LA, he says Mann purchased DD and he'll be working on the Transformers sequel.

:)

Firesole
07-09-2007, 09:26 AM

Ah...if only it were his character that committed suicide on 90210 and not his geeky friend, none of this would have happened!

Stitches
07-09-2007, 09:31 AM
I have a friend that works for Digital Domain in LA, he says Mann purchased DD and he'll be working on the Transformers sequel.

Michael Mann on Transformers??

Motion
07-09-2007, 09:32 AM

Sweet!

retired opfinistic
07-09-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm not coffeed enough yet. Bay! Michael Bay.

****ing mondays.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-09-2007, 10:18 AM
It was ok. Not great but not bad. A fun movie to watch.

Enforcerfin33
07-09-2007, 11:01 AM
FYI.....................

wow...she must really dig the white boy no rap talent type..

vmarcilfan75
07-09-2007, 11:08 AM

:boohoo:

Majpain
07-09-2007, 01:02 PM
FYI.....................

What is this world coming to :shakeno:

PhinzN703
07-09-2007, 03:20 PM

I certainly like Michael Mann as a director :wink:

Motion
07-09-2007, 03:25 PM
I certainly like Michael Mann as a director :wink:

:lol: That would be an interesting movie. Not sure he's the Transformers type.

retired opfinistic
07-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Long weekend kiddies. I'm surprised I can string 3 words together today.

Alex44
07-09-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm seeing it with my younger sister at 6:20 tonight, so hopefully it's good.

Enforcerfin33
07-09-2007, 03:42 PM
:lol: That would be an interesting movie. Not sure he's the Transformers type.
sigh....why change directors? Thats dumb IMO .

Motion
07-09-2007, 03:42 PM
sigh....why change directors? Thats dumb IMO .

They are not changing directors. It was a typo.

Enforcerfin33
07-09-2007, 03:45 PM
They are not changing directors. It was a typo.
oh ok.

retired opfinistic
07-09-2007, 03:50 PM
oops.

Enforcerfin33
07-09-2007, 03:56 PM
oops.
stoopid 3 yr old!!:fire::wink:

retired opfinistic
07-09-2007, 04:02 PM
stoopid 3 yr old!!:fire::wink:

Your post has been reported.
:lol::wink:

Megatron
07-12-2007, 03:08 AM
Hated it.:boohoo:

unifiedtheory
07-12-2007, 04:39 AM
I just got back from it...I really enjoyed it, my girlfriend LOVED it, she cried 3 times, LOL!

Prime was too cool. It took me a little bit to get over the fact he was not a "flatface" rig but he was perfect IMO.

The gripes I had were major but the film was still very entertaining. I have not read this whole thread so this has probably been said but am I the only one who thought the "Decepticons" seemed like an afterthought? The Autobots were great. They all had SOME personality and character. The Decepticons seemed to be more scenery then anything else in my opinion. Megatron is a great villian but I think they screwed it up with him.

While the Autobots had SOME character I don't think any of the Transformers had nearly enough. They should have done a lot more with the characters they had to work with. In my opinion the film was far too "human" but it was a Michael Bay film in every way...and it was still good...LOL!

I think with the sequel they need to focus more on the Transformers and less on the "human" element. They need to work with the characters they have in place. If I wanted to see a cheesy love story, horrid dialogue and unrealistic combat sequences I'd rent "The Rock". I want to see the Transformers.

All that said, like I said, I really liked it but it could have been so much more in my opinion. I have HIGH hopes for the sequel.

Stitches
07-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Hated it.:boohoo:

How come?

Motion
07-12-2007, 08:28 AM
How come?

Cause he got his *** kicked by a kid and dumped in the Ocean.

Stitches
07-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Cause he got his *** kicked by a kid and dumped in the Ocean.

He managed to deal out the only autobot casualty though.