PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schrager Mock Draft

FinAtic8480
02-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Quinn once again slides but to the Texans, first they take Draft spot after we lost to them and now the QB that might slide to us. I hate the stickin Texans.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6449380

VT Dolphan
02-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Uggh, that is pretty much the worse possible way the draft can play out for us IMO. The top eight players gone in the first eight picks. And I'm starting to hate the Texans now too, and if they actually do wind up with Quinn, I think they'll have solidified the top spot on my most hated non-AFC East, non-Cowboys, opponent

dominizzo
02-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Id like Landry!! With Allen and Perhaps Clements and Will Allen we can have a Scary Secondary and Relitivately young

Pocoloco
02-08-2007, 10:18 PM
I think if Quinn starts sliding, we'll start exploring trade up options with Washington and Minnesota.

FinAtic8480
02-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Why do all the drafts have us taking defensive players ? Last time I checked are biggest weakness were on offense. We dont have a sure QB, our WR cant get open and we have been missing an Elite LT since Webb. So if all these Mock Drafts knew anything about our teams they would know that thing we so desperatly need is an Offensive player that can make a difference.

VT Dolphan
02-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Why do all the drafts have us taking defensive players ? Last time I checked are biggest weakness were on offense. We dont have a sure QB, our WR cant get open and we have been missing an Elite LT since Webb. So if all these Mock Drafts knew anything about our teams they would know that thing we so desperatly need is an Offensive player that can make a difference.

You're right, but there aren't very many elite offensive players in this draft, and they probably won't be on the board at nine. There is a small chance that Brady Quinn could slide to us, but that is really about it. Joe Thomas is the only elite LT in this draft and he should be a top five pick. Levi Brown is a decent player who I wouldn't mind drafting, but I wouldn't expect him to be the next Richmond Webb. Calvin Johnson is an amazing wideout, but after him is a bunch of question marks. Is Dwayne Jarrett fast enough to make an impact in the NFL? Is Ted Ginn anything more than a track star in pads?

This team really needs to draft the best player available, and that will most likely be a defensive player. I wouldn't say that drafting a defensive player would be a mistake though either, there are plenty of holes in the secondary that need to be filled and we could really use some young talent for the front seven as well. The only youngster we have there now are Crowder and Roth, the rest are way too unproven to expect contributions from at this point.

dolfan2909
02-08-2007, 10:41 PM
johnnie lee higgings at #30???? i thought he was projected as a 2nd day pick...the top 10 of this mock could be fairly accurate but i think he falls off after that but i could be wrong

newlownorder
02-08-2007, 11:00 PM
johnnie lee higgings at #30???? i thought he was projected as a 2nd day pick...the top 10 of this mock could be fairly accurate but i think he falls off after that but i could be wrong

Yep, he lost me at higgings, it just shows you that anyone can make a mock draft just because they are supposed experts.

Run'n'gun Udown
02-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Wow look at all the Miami U. players on these mocks!

TPD1479
02-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Quinn once again slides but to the Texans, first they take Draft spot after we lost to them and now the QB that might slide to us. I hate the stickin Texans.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6449380

The only way Houston takes Quinn is if they dump Carr before the draft, that will be the tell tale sign...:dolphins:

Lisle Phin Fan
02-09-2007, 12:02 AM
I thought Quinn was a sure thing for the Texans, but now they want Plummer

FinAtic8480
02-09-2007, 12:27 AM
If these guys were a bit smart they would think this teams are gonna jump at the FA QB's out there or trade for the one the want out. For example Schaub will be a RFA, Garcia UFA, Huard UFA, Plummer is done in Denver, Leftwich is on his way out in Jacksonville, Bledsoe might like to start somewhere and may request to be let go, Anthony Wright will also be let go., Boller on the Trade Block. Taking all these name into account they are bound to get looks at by the teams ahead of us which are the teaming looking for QB's. This might be the reason Kiper has Quinn sliding to us.... Ill say it once and ill say it again, I have a strong feeling Plummer ends up in Oakland

Lisle Phin Fan
02-09-2007, 12:58 AM
If these guys were a bit smart they would think this teams are gonna jump at the FA QB's out there or trade for the one the want out.

the FA's are crap, Plummer to the Texans will help but that is it

if so inclined the Lions or the Browns will go with Quinn not an FA

I also think that if Quinn falls to far, a team might trade up to get him

Lisle Phin Fan
02-09-2007, 01:01 AM
I have a strong feeling Plummer ends up in Oakland

yeah, Shanahan loves the Raiders he will trade Plummer to them in a second

FinNasty
02-09-2007, 01:24 AM
That would be the worst way for the draft to shape up for us...

But in that case... I would want LaRon Landry followed by Levi Brown. In that scenerio, one of those 2 would have to be the pick...

Lisle Phin Fan
02-09-2007, 01:29 AM
But in that case... I would want LaRon Landry followed by Levi Brown. In that scenerio, one of those 2 would have to be the pick...

normally I would be all for the BPA, but if we can resign Bell, then give me Brown. Overall I think the best consolation prize would be Gaines or Anderson.

TexanPhinatic
02-09-2007, 03:09 AM
I dunno about the Texans and Carr. It was really seeming like he was a goner at the end of the season, but its died down somewhat now. The owner of the team made a statement the other day that basically said Carr isnt consistent and that they need consistency at that spot (=Carr gone) but then said that when he rips it up nobody will care about his early years (=Carr staying). Very ambiguous, but has me leaning to him leaving.

Im starting to wonder if perhaps the Texans are gonna wait and see if either Russell or Quinn drops to them before moving Carr, either by releasing to FA or packing off in a trade (for maybe a 3-4 rounder or something). I dont think they will release him outright when there is a good chance there wont be a replacement available.
I think it depends on who falls to them, they have some major defensive and OLine concerns. I could see them going after Alan Branch or a secondary guy like Landry, or possibly reaching for Levi if Kubiak is convinced he can "fix" Carr.
This team scares me the most right now tbh.

If Quinn is gone Id like Ginn, we need a playmaker and he is one. If not him, maybe Levi Brown. Definately think we need offensive help over defensive.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-09-2007, 03:37 AM
Im starting to wonder if perhaps the Texans are gonna wait and see if either Russell or Quinn drops to them before moving Carr, either by releasing to FA or packing off in a trade (for maybe a 3-4 rounder or something). I dont think they will release him outright when there is a good chance there wont be a replacement available.

fyi

Landing in Houston?
Denver: Expect the Broncos to commence trade talks involving backup quarterback Jake Plummer. Plummer can't officially be traded until early next month, but teams can agree to trades earlier. Most trade talks heat up at the NFL combine, which will run Feb. 21-26.
The Broncos will trade or cut Plummer, who lost his starting job to rookie Jay Cutler with five games remaining in the season. There should be a strong market for Plummer, with Houston the likely landing spot because of the relationship Plummer has with Texans coach Gary Kubiak, Denver's former offensive coordinator. Jacksonville and Philadelphia also might make a run at Plummer.

CANDolphan
02-09-2007, 05:12 AM
Wow look at all the Miami U. players on these mocks!

Uh, zero?

Elliott 1
02-09-2007, 05:38 AM
Speaking of mocks, somebody should be mocking and jeering this guy. I've seen way better mocks done by people on this site. Why would the Dolphins draft a safety???? The position isn't even one of our top needs. In fact you could make a strong argument it's the least of our needs depending on which of our free agents we re-sign. It would be very unwise to write off Jason Allen at this point. Some guys just aren't very mature at 23.

Stitches
02-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Speaking of mocks, somebody should be mocking and jeering this guy. I've seen way better mocks done by people on this site. Why would the Dolphins draft a safety???? The position isn't even one of our top needs. In fact you could make a strong argument it's the least of our needs depending on which of our free agents we re-sign. It would be very unwise to write off Jason Allen at this point. Some guys just aren't very mature at 23.

We would draft a safety, because secondary is a major need, and we only have one safety spot filled. Any time you can add a player of the potential caliber that is Landry, you do it.

chewski
02-09-2007, 08:36 AM
I don't know about Ginn, I think with proper training and giving the oopurtunity, Marcus vick may be able to be that homerun hitter we are looking for. Other than that there are other fast PR and KR later on in the draft, and thats all Ginn is! Take Levi brown or trade down and get that pass rushing LB Poz, or convert Q. Moses. We can solidify our Offense in the 2nd and third rounds.

BKS11
02-09-2007, 09:32 AM
regardless of what happens with Plummer the Texans will take Quinn if he falls to them. They'll use Plummer to mentor him for a year or two. Besides I'd rather wait until next year when the QB class could be stronger or take one of the QBs that will fall to round 2 or 3. Quinn is overrated plain and simple.

Motion
02-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Nice, would love to have Landry.

NoVaDolfan
02-09-2007, 10:41 AM
i think Landry would be a great addition big time hitter and would be a good complement to Allen. We need secondary help bad.

Motion
02-09-2007, 10:42 AM
i think Landry would be a great addition big time hitter and would be a good complement to Allen. We need secondary help bad.

:yes:

djphinfan
02-09-2007, 11:29 AM
reggie nelson is better than laron landry,,this guy is a putz he has no clue what he's talking about.

Motion
02-09-2007, 11:30 AM
reggie nelson is better than laron landry,,this guy is a putz he has no clue what he's talking about.

:yes:

Aqua and Orange
02-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Yeah, this seems like the most likely thing with the Texans admitting they want to get rid of Carr. Ugh.

absoluteLance
02-09-2007, 01:32 PM
the texans already tried the "suck and get a QB first day" technique with Carr and it fell through for them.

They will go with veteran experience at quarterback to try and lead the team, something they havnt had.

Plummer to Houston.
Quinn to Miami.

Now who sells more jerseys, Culpepper or Quinn?

uga3406
02-09-2007, 01:33 PM
in this order we should draft 1 quinn 2 ginn 3 brown nough said

PHAZINPHINZPHAN
02-09-2007, 02:21 PM
The texans will be aquiring Jake the Snake

Stitches
02-09-2007, 02:41 PM
in this order we should draft 1 quinn 2 ginn 3 brown nough said

(assuming all 3 of those players are available) More like 1- Quinn, 2- Brown, 13th- Ginn

Motion
02-09-2007, 02:44 PM
(assuming all 3 of those players are available) More like 1- Quinn, 2- Brown, 13th- Ginn

:hi5:

craig
02-09-2007, 04:41 PM
The way i see it, if everyone wants to go after quinn.. Let them! There are other players who will fill holes. OL,secondary ..I wouldnt sell the farm on anyone ! now on the other hand , i would trade for a stud WR..like larry fitz if they r to shop him... them i would give a pick/player... that would be worth it.Why , cause hes proven and rookies arent.

CANDolphan
02-09-2007, 04:47 PM
The way i see it, if everyone wants to go after quinn.. Let them! There are other players who will fill holes. OL,secondary ..I wouldnt sell the farm on anyone ! now on the other hand , i would trade for a stud WR..like larry fitz if they r to shop him... them i would give a pick/player... that would be worth it.Why , cause hes proven and rookies arent.

Vikings offered the 7th overall pick for him, and they said no, wisely.

There is just no reason for it. Fitz is arguably one of the best 3 receivers in this league, and hes still extremely young!

Arizona does have the best 3 WR duo in the league, but considering they have a young matt lineart and are in a great position to nab Joe Thomas, I dont see them doing something like that... considering their 2nd round pick will be a vey solid pickup on defense whether they go DE/OLB/S

Stitches
02-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Vikings offered the 7th overall pick for him, and they said no, wisely.

There is just no reason for it. Fitz is arguably one of the best 3 receivers in this league, and hes still extremely young!

Arizona does have the best 3 WR duo in the league, but considering they have a young matt lineart and are in a great position to nab Joe Thomas, I dont see them doing something like that... considering their 2nd round pick will be a vey solid pickup on defense whether they go DE/OLB/S

Trio.

VT Dolphan
02-09-2007, 08:44 PM

Exactly.

CANDolphan
02-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Trio.

Got me ;)

I was going to say " best WR duo " but in reality, they have the best 3 WR Trio..

Stitches
02-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Got me ;)

I was going to say " best WR duo " but in reality, they have the best 3 WR Trio..

It's cool. If we got Stallworth(and he stayed healthy all year), and somehow managed to keep Booker we'd have a sweet trio. I'd still say AZs was better though. However, if we got Stallworth and kept Booker, I'd have to think we might have one of the top 5 most talented 4 WR sets in the league, with Hagan being the 4th WR.