PDA

View Full Version : Gang Green draft blunders

HurriPhin
02-09-2007, 04:18 AM
No better way to brighten your day then to watch those dumb *** NY'ers' f**k things up on draft day. Enjoy!

rZxNeFLuY98

Coral Reefer
02-09-2007, 04:32 AM
No better way to brighten your day then to watch those dumb *** NY'ers' f**k things up on draft day. Enjoy!

rZxNeFLuY98

Bravo!

I love that line from the Jet fan being interviewed:

"everyone thought we'd pick Marino but the Jets must know something everyone up here dosen't" :lol:

Maybe they should actually let their fans make the picks.

icephinfan
02-09-2007, 06:13 AM
This video will never get old. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DolfanTom
02-09-2007, 09:53 AM

rZxNeFLuY98I still just love the part when Kiper says it's obvious the Jets just don't understand what the draft is all about.

How'd that picking O'Brien over Marino work out? :sidelol::sidelol:

How 'bout Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp?:lol::sidelol::D

Jet fans at the draft :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::fire::eek:

arsenal
02-09-2007, 09:58 AM
:lol: @ jets fans

Mike13
02-09-2007, 03:52 PM
I know we've had our fair share of bad drafts but damn.:lol:

finsrclowns
02-09-2007, 04:08 PM
The fan reactions are hilarious.:lol:

nyjunc
02-09-2007, 04:10 PM
This has to be the 6th or 7th time this has been posted. That is ancient history, if you want to see draft blunders in recent history look no further than your Miami dolphins.

arsenal
02-09-2007, 04:13 PM
This has to be the 6th or 7th time this has been posted. That is ancient history, if you want to see draft blunders in recent history look no further than your Miami dolphins.

:boohoo:

TotoreMexico
02-09-2007, 04:27 PM
:roflmao:

That video never gets old

DolfanTom
02-09-2007, 05:05 PM
This has to be the 6th or 7th time this has been posted. That is ancient history, if you want to see draft blunders in recent history look no further than your Miami dolphins.Picks like these have never happened to us:

-Ken O'Brien over Dan Marino
-Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp

Roger Vick???? Roger Vick????? :sidelol::lol::sidelol::lol:

nyjunc
02-09-2007, 05:11 PM
:boohoo:

You are laughing at us after we swept you AGAIN, have gone 14-4 in our last 18 meetings and you guys haven't been to a postseason since 2001 and haven't won a postseason game since 2000. keep laughing:lol: I forgot, Saban is the savior! he is going to bring you multiple SB Championships:sidelol:

Picks like these have never happened to us:

-Ken O'Brien over Dan Marino
-Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp

Roger Vick???? Roger Vick????? :sidelol::lol::sidelol::lol:

no you have Jamar Fletcher, JJ Johnson, John Avery, Karim Abdul-Jabar, Yatil Green, Billy Milner, randal "Thrill" Hill. The big difference is our mistakes are ancient history while you guys keep making them, that might explain no postseasons in 6 years.

arsenal
02-09-2007, 05:32 PM
^ :lol: @ you

DolfanTom
02-09-2007, 05:33 PM
6 years.Um, only five :lol:

Sorry, there's no getting over O'Brien over Marino! Dumbest pick in NFL history in my book!!

retired opfinistic
02-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Jests......:)
They'll be crushed by the expectations they'll fail to live up to this year. No way Spagettiton has back to back injury-free seasons!

rdhstlr23
02-09-2007, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't say you've learned from your mistakes. Albeit, we've drafted very poorly for a decade or so now. Looking at your 1st round picks since 1997, you've had James Farrior, who's more known as a Steeler than Jet, Dorian Boose (2nd rd, first pick for NY), Randy Thomas (not known for his play as a Jet), Shaun Ellis who's had some solid years, Santana Moss who busted in NY, Bryan Thomas, DeWayne Robertson, Johnathon Vilma, Mike Nugent (2nd rd pick, first NY pick), and D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Seems to me like only Shaun Ellis and Vilma have worked out. Robertson had a better year this year, but was predominately known as a bust. Nugent had a better year this year, and Ferguson only had one year. Not lessons learned really. Seems like a few of the picks have had better success elsewhere--Farrior, Thomas, Moss.

Mike13
02-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Mike Nugent (2nd rd pick, first NY pick),

Not to mention they traded heir first for a bust of a TE. lol

jman924
02-09-2007, 11:58 PM
I mean, I didn't recognize any of those names....

Except Marino, but like, did he ever do anything. Probably not that good right? :goof:

GoBills24
02-10-2007, 12:08 AM
I mean, I didn't recognize any of those names....

Except Marino, but like, did he ever do anything. Probably not that good right? :goof:

Freeman McNeil was a good player for them I think.

jman924
02-10-2007, 12:31 AM
Freeman McNeil was a good player for them I think.
McNeil?:confused:
*Watches clip again*
Whoops, missed that.

icephinfan
02-10-2007, 04:13 AM

Still hurts huh???:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

nyjunc
02-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Um, only five :lol:

Sorry, there's no getting over O'Brien over Marino! Dumbest pick in NFL history in my book!!

I got a year ahead of myself, it will be 6 at the end of the '07 season.

Jests......:)
They'll be crushed by the expectations they'll fail to live up to this year. No way Spagettiton has back to back injury-free seasons!

How did that SB yar in '06 work out for you? is saban the best coach in the NFL yet?:lol: Where did Daunte put his MVP trophy?:sidelol:

I wouldn't say you've learned from your mistakes. Albeit, we've drafted very poorly for a decade or so now. Looking at your 1st round picks since 1997, you've had James Farrior, who's more known as a Steeler than Jet, Dorian Boose (2nd rd, first pick for NY), Randy Thomas (not known for his play as a Jet), Shaun Ellis who's had some solid years, Santana Moss who busted in NY, Bryan Thomas, DeWayne Robertson, Johnathon Vilma, Mike Nugent (2nd rd pick, first NY pick), and D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Seems to me like only Shaun Ellis and Vilma have worked out. Robertson had a better year this year, but was predominately known as a bust. Nugent had a better year this year, and Ferguson only had one year. Not lessons learned really. Seems like a few of the picks have had better success elsewhere--Farrior, Thomas, Moss.

farrior was a bad pick, we had the #1 pick and traded down. Parcells was a terrible drfater so from '97-'99 we struggled there.

-Boose was a 2nd rd pick
-thomas was a 2nd rd pick
-ellis is ne of the better all around DEs in the game and a former Pro Bowler.
-Moss didn't bust here, he was very good here including a PB alternate year.
-Thomas is turning into a good player.
-Robertson is one of the best DTs in the game.
-Vilma is a top MLB
-Nugent was great in year 2.
-Ferguson had a good rookie year
-Mangold was great as a rookie.

Don't forget Chad and john Abraham in 2000 and pre-parcells keyshawn, Hugh douglas, Aaron Glenn, Marvin Jones, Rob Moore.

we have drafted well for the most past for the last 15 years or so. You gusy ahve struggled mightily which is why you are 5 years and counting w/o making the playoffs.

Not to mention they traded heir first for a bust of a TE. lol

That was a tremendous trade. it wasn't a 1st rd pick for jolley, we traded about 20 spots w/ Oak and got additional picks. going into the draft we wanted Justin miller and Mike Nugent. We made the trade and still got Miller and Nugent AND some guy named Kerry Rhodes who was th best S in the NFL tis year. yeah horrible trade:sidelol:

Still hurts huh???:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

I'd much rather be looking BACK ar dtaft blunders and non-playoff seasons then worrying about them NOW. Wouldn't you agree?

Perfect23
02-12-2007, 09:38 AM
D'Brickashaw Furgeson:lol:

but nyjuc is right we have had some bad drafts has well

retired opfinistic
02-12-2007, 09:55 AM
How did that SB yar in '06 work out for you? is saban the best coach in the NFL yet?:lol: Where did Daunte put his MVP trophy?:sidelol:
Saban is old news, bro, and that was a pre-SB year. :lol: Duante is still a wildcard, who knows what he'll do this year. Look for Cam to give Lemon a legitimate shot this season, his familiarity with our new HC may be beneficial to his game. Hopefully we'll have a QB drop into our laps on draft day, and have a shot at developing him to be the face of the franchise for years to come.

NO MORE RETREADS!

DolfanTom
02-12-2007, 10:10 AM

but nyjuc is right we have had some bad drafts has wellI don't think anyone is arguing that we've had some bad drafts ourselves. No way around that one.

I think what people are saying - well, I know I am at least - is that the Jets have probably been the worst drafters historically, probably leading the league in overall busts.

True, their '06 draft may be good if D'Brick plays up to potential to go w/ Manjuice (who is really good) and others. But historically :sidelol::sidelol:

DolfanTom
02-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Hopefully we'll have a QB drop into our lapsMaybe that is Cleo Lemon??

You never know dude. I think it's at least safe to say that he isn't afraid of anything, that's for sure. He played w/ confidence since his first action.

All I hope is that in some way, our QB situation is ultimately addressed in '07, whatever case may be. Daunte, Cleo, QB-to-be-named-later-through-draft-or-freak-trade: I just want someone who makes more big, game-changing plays for us than for the other team! It's been - oh - about eight years since we've had that! And Danny's last three years weren't all that great either as he was getting old. You can make the argument that we haven't had solid QB play since the mid 90's. OUCH!!!!

nyjunc
02-12-2007, 10:22 AM

but nyjuc is right we have had some bad drafts has well

You think Ferguson was a bad pick? :goof:

Saban is old news, bro, and that was a pre-SB year. :lol: Duante is still a wildcard, who knows what he'll do this year. Look for Cam to give Lemon a legitimate shot this season, his familiarity with our new HC may be beneficial to his game. Hopefully we'll have a QB drop into our laps on draft day, and have a shot at developing him to be the face of the franchise for years to come.

NO MORE RETREADS!

Old news? he's your most recent coach and all we heard the last few years was how great he was and how Miami was the next dynasty- how did that work out? you guys might want to relax a bit on the trash talk until your team does something again.

Daunte was doomed from the beginning, it was a trrible decision. he has NEVER been a great QB, he's been a great fantasy QB. He is nto and never hss been a winner. I hope he's your QB for years to come.

I don't think anyone is arguing that we've had some bad drafts ourselves. No way around that one.

I think what people are saying - well, I know I am at least - is that the Jets have probably been the worst drafters historically, probably leading the league in overall busts.

True, their '06 draft may be good if D'Brick plays up to potential to go w/ Manjuice (who is really good) and others. But historically :sidelol::sidelol:

You are talking about 20-30 years ago, we are not talking recent history. You guys have been an embarrassment on and off the field for many years now. look in the mirror before you start bashing other teams.

DolfanTom
02-12-2007, 10:36 AM
You are talking about 20-30 years ago, we are not talking recent history. You guys have been an embarrassment on and off the field for many years now. look in the mirror before you start bashing other teams.
Dude, read my post. I looked in the mirror before pointing the finger at you? I'm sorry, were the mid 90s 20-30 years ago???? :confused::shakeno:

It only got marginally better for you in the last 10 years, and - like I implied in my last post - you may finally have had a great draft for the first time in your history last year.

Dude, don't deny you have drafted awful just awful over the years. You can say you had a great draft last year - and good for you - but don't deny your history!!! Laugh at it like the rest of us and move on.

And BTW, as for recent history, our '05 draft (Brown, Crowder, Roth) wasn't that bad at all. Two have been starters since day 1 (playing better and better each game), and Roth has a great shot at starting - and being a very good player - this year.

DolfanTom
02-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Old news? he's your most recent coach and all we heard the last few years was how great he was and how Miami was the next dynasty- how did that work out? you guys might want to relax a bit on the trash talk until your team does something again.
Please tell me again, why exactly is it wrong for fans to get excited about their respective teams prior to a season - a season in which everything looked great going into it? Yes, we're going to be dead wrong sometimes, but that's the nature of being a fan. I think all of us have more than done our mea culpas on 2006!

Jet fans are doing the same thing now. Talking trash about the future and how the Mangini dynasty is here to stay for years to come! Of course you're excited, why wouldn't you be!! But by your own logic above, you should start to doubt everything and predict that you'll be awful, instead of enjoying your team being good for as long as it will be. :shakeno:

Seriously, feel free to make a point sometime today. I can tell you're trying hard, but you can't hit the broad side of the logic barn today! :lol:

nyjunc
02-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Dude, read my post. I looked in the mirror before pointing the finger at you? I'm sorry, were the mid 90s 20-30 years ago????

The only blunder in the mid 90s was Sappa nd sapp flunked rug tests and a couple pf picks later we got Hugh Douglas.

It only got marginally better for you in the last 10 years, and - like I implied in my last post - you may finally have had a great draft for the first time in your history last year.

marginally? Douglas, keyshawn, Farrior, Abraham, Chad, Ellis, Moss, Robertson, Vilma, ferguson, Mangold. of those 11 guys 7 have made Pro Bowls, 2 mroe haven't but deserved it(Chad, Robertson) and 2 more were rookies last year. that's a little better than marginally.

Dude, don't deny you have drafted awful just awful over the years. You can say you had a great draft last year - and good for you - but don't deny your history!!! Laugh at it like the rest of us and move on.

I don't deny that way back in the past we drafted awfully but that was a long time ago and we have drafted much better than you guys have in the last decade which is why we've had more success during that time frame.

And BTW, as for recent history, our '05 draft (Brown, Crowder, Roth) wasn't that bad at all. Two have been starters since day 1 (playing better and better each game), and Roth has a great shot at starting - and being a very good player - this year.

ronnie looks pretty good but far from great and I keep hearing about crowder and roth but I never see them make plays.

by the way, as a rookie part time player Leon had a higher YPC and scored just 1 less TD despite 90 less carries and he was a 4th rd pick.

Please tell me again, why exactly is it wrong for fans to get excited about their respective teams prior to a season - a season in which everything looked great going into it? Yes, we're going to be dead wrong sometimes, but that's the nature of being a fan. I think all of us have more than done our mea culpas on 2006!

there's nothing wrong w/ optimism but I have been here since 2003 and every year according to a majority of the board you were rready to win a SB and in that time you have yet to play in a playoff game. Take it one step at a time, you should learn from past unreal expectations. Think about making the playoffs first before you start planning the parade- heck at least get back into the playoff race for real before you start making parade plans.

Jet fans are doing the same thing now. Talking trash about the future and how the Mangini dynasty is here to stay for years to come! Of course you're excited, why wouldn't you be!! But by your own logic above, you should start to doubt everything and predict that you'll be awful, instead of enjoying your team being good for as long as it will be.

I am not. I think if we have a goo offseason and good health we can take a step forward and be a threat in January but I also know alot can go wrong. things change quickly in this league and nothing is guranteed. Right now I just want to make good offseason moves, i'll worry about the season as we get closer.

Seriously, feel free to make a point sometime today. I can tell you're trying hard, but you can't hit the broad side of the logic barn today!

Just for you I'll criticize our 1984 draft as if that has relevance today. I can't believe we took Russell carter and Ron faurot when we could have had Wilbur marshall and Boomer Esiason. That's going to kill us this year, if only wre had drafted those 2 guys we'd be SB favorites this year:rolleyes2

DolfanTom
02-12-2007, 11:15 AM
The only blunder in the mid 90s was Sappa nd sapp flunked rug tests and a couple pf picks later we got Hugh Douglas.I suppose there's only room to go up from where you were before that. But it's not like you set the draft world on fire outside of a pick here and there.

marginally? Douglas, keyshawn, Farrior, Abraham, Chad, Ellis, Moss, Robertson, Vilma, ferguson, Mangold. of those 11 guys 7 have made Pro Bowls, 2 mroe haven't but deserved it(Chad, Robertson) and 2 more were rookies last year. that's a little better than marginally.You are overglamourizing a lot of those guys. Farrior was nothing as a Jet, Moss didn't blossom until leaving. The rest are good/great players, but you're talking over a number of years. Getting one good player out of a draft, and then having a bust the rest of the way accomplishes very little.

I don't deny that way back in the past we drafted awfully but that was a long time ago and we have drafted much better than you guys have in the last decade which is why we've had more success during that time frame.It wasn't THAT long ago, and by you saying 20-30 years ago before, you are denying it!!!You're saying you've drafted well since 1987? Wait, let me let that one sink in for a bit ... :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

ronnie looks pretty good but far from great and I keep hearing about crowder and roth but I never see them make plays.

by the way, as a rookie part time player Leon had a higher YPC and scored just 1 less TD despite 90 less carries and he was a 4th rd pick.Ronnie was the best we could do in a bad top-of-draft year. And the dude just keeps getting better. He'll benefit greatly from Cameron. You've yet to see the best of Ronnie! And if you haven't seen Crowder or Roth making plays, you aren't paying attention! Really, you aren't. I suppose you're watching Jet games so you wouldn't, but trust me, they have - especially Roth in somewhat limited time! Crowder - at worst - is a very solid LB, and Roth has "Trace Armstrong" written all over him! Point being, our '05 draft at least produced three solid, if not star, players who can contribute for years.

there's nothing wrong w/ optimism but I have been here since 2003 and every year according to a majority of the board you were rready to win a SB and in that time you have yet to play in a playoff game. Take it one step at a time, you should learn from past unreal expectations. Think about making the playoffs first before you start planning the parade- heck at least get back into the playoff race for real before you start making parade plans.You're asking people not to be fans. By nature, we're going to be as optimistic as possible before the season. And - um - there weren't too many optimistic people here to start '04 after Ricky left. I thought we'd be 8-8 if luck fell our way often at best. Most people were devistated when that happened. In '03, w/ Ricky coming off a monster year, we figured we had our ducks in a row for a great season. And quite frankly - w/ our 10-6 season - we would normally have made the playoffs in other seasons. That's just the way it goes sometimes. That wasn't that bad of a team. And who here was predicting SB for the '05 season? We were drinking the Nick Kool-Aid for sure, but SB??? I was hoping for above .500. And don't get me started about 2006. You've had your share of those seasons - 1999, 2003 ring a bell?

I am not. I think if we have a goo offseason and good health we can take a step forward and be a threat in January but I also know alot can go wrong. things change quickly in this league and nothing is guranteed. Right now I just want to make good offseason moves, i'll worry about the season as we get closer.We'll see if you keep this up, or if you start drinking the Mangini Kool-Aid. Not that I'll blame you. You are a fan after all.

Just for you I'll criticize our 1984 draft as if that has relevance today. I can't believe we took Russell carter and Ron faurot when we could have had Wilbur marshall and Boomer Esiason. That's going to kill us this year, if only wre had drafted those 2 guys we'd be SB favorites this year:rolleyes2
I still don't understand why you can't bring up history when you are a fan of a team? Or bring up the bad history of a rival? You can't know where you're going, if you don't know where you've been!

That's like eliminating everything before 2003 in the history books for our schools! Founding Fathers? Well, kids, that was 231 years ago - it doesn't matter anymore. :shakeno:

DolfanTom
02-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Oh, and to not be hypocritical, I will more than say our draft picks since '96 have been less than desirable. Not proud of that fact.

Despite producing pro bowlers Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Pat Surtain, Sam Madison, Chris Chambers and solid players such as Randy McMichael, and Adewale Ogunleye (UFA) - we have had our share of bombs that have held back otherwise pretty decent teams over that stretch:

John Avery
J.J. Johnston
Jamar Fletcher (over some guy named "Brees")

That's just for starters. And as you can tell, most of our hits have been defensive players. And - gee - what has been our strength and weakness over the past 10 years??

So I'm not proud of it, but I'll acknowledge our recent draft insufficiences. But it's never been as bad as the Jets have been when they were at their worst.

nyjunc
02-12-2007, 06:26 PM
You are overglamourizing a lot of those guys. Farrior was nothing as a Jet, Moss didn't blossom until leaving. The rest are good/great players, but you're talking over a number of years. Getting one good player out of a draft, and then having a bust the rest of the way accomplishes very little.

Farrior had some injury problems but was great as a jet in 2001. Moss blossomed in 2003 as a Jet.

It wasn't THAT long ago, and by you saying 20-30 years ago before, you are denying it!!!You're saying you've drafted well since 1987? Wait, let me let that one sink in for a bit ...

For the most part e have, every team will have a bust here or there but for the most part we have drafted pretty well the last 20 years especially the last 15 or so.

Ronnie was the best we could do in a bad top-of-draft year. And the dude just keeps getting better. He'll benefit greatly from Cameron. You've yet to see the best of Ronnie! And if you haven't seen Crowder or Roth making plays, you aren't paying attention! Really, you aren't. I suppose you're watching Jet games so you wouldn't, but trust me, they have - especially Roth in somewhat limited time! Crowder - at worst - is a very solid LB, and Roth has "Trace Armstrong" written all over him! Point being, our '05 draft at least produced three solid, if not star, players who can contribute for years.

Maybe I haven't seent hem do anything b/c in 2 games against the Jets Crowder had 8 tackles and Roth had 1.

I have been hearing about these guys for 2 years and have yet to see them make impact plays.

And don't get me started about 2006. You've had your share of those seasons - 1999, 2003 ring a bell?

We lost a ton of players to injuries in '99, '03 and '05. You lost daunte but duante was awful before he left.

We'll see if you keep this up, or if you start drinking the Mangini Kool-Aid. Not that I'll blame you. You are a fan after all.

I have learned how quickly things change, next year you guys could win 9 or 10 and we could win 6. Things change quickly. Every year is different and we are starting over. I'll feel confident if we are healthy and make some good offseason moves.

I still don't understand why you can't bring up history when you are a fan of a team? Or bring up the bad history of a rival? You can't know where you're going, if you don't know where you've been!

You can but don't act like 1983 is relevant to 2007. we WERE terrible drafting at one point and we WERE a teerible franhcise for many, many years. you guys WERE a great franchise- things change.

DolfanTom
02-12-2007, 07:10 PM
NOTE: This is the last time I continue this disecting of a disecting of a disecting of a post, etc.

Farrior had some injury problems but was great as a jet in 2001. Moss blossomed in 2003 as a Jet.
Does anyone even remember Farrior as a Jet? Moss didn't truly blossom till he had a Redskin on the side of his helmet. C'mon!

For the most part e have, every team will have a bust here or there but for the most part we have drafted pretty well the last 20 years especially the last 15 or so.
I don't know what to say to you here that will make you understand. Even w/ your last 10 years, people still think "Jets" when they think "Draft Busts." I suppose we can just agree to disagree here, eh.

Maybe I haven't seent hem do anything b/c in 2 games against the Jets Crowder had 8 tackles and Roth had 1.

I have been hearing about these guys for 2 years and have yet to see them make impact plays.
Ask the Vikings or Patriots. But trust me, you will see them soon! And to be honest, the Jet offense actually is the type that prevents us from really rushing the passer. It offsets players like JT for the most part - or at least minimizes their strengths. It's not like you guys light it up against us either, but you can move the ball a bit. That may be why you didn't see too many big plays by these guys against you.

We lost a ton of players to injuries in '99, '03 and '05. You lost daunte but duante was awful before he left.
Umm ... Daunte was a HUUUGE loss. He never should have been on the field. He was never healthy to begin w/ and that hurt him in his head too. The season was banked on Daunte, and it was over by the time he went to the bench. Injuries are part of the game and that's life - it will often ruin the best of predictions going into a season. That's why I made the '99 and '03 comparisons!

I have learned how quickly things change, next year you guys could win 9 or 10 and we could win 6. Things change quickly. Every year is different and we are starting over. I'll feel confident if we are healthy and make some good offseason moves.
Hmmm ... sounds a lot like us until recently. Finishing 9-7, 10-6, 11-5, then adding some FAs .... makes you hopeful for the next season right, even though as you say accurately, anything can happen and "things change quickly." So when you criticize us for being positive about our team in past years, you can now understand why by looking at your team now. There's nothing wrong w/ doing this, so why do you criticize us for it?

You can but don't act like 1983 is relevant to 2007. we WERE terrible drafting at one point and we WERE a teerible franhcise for many, many years. you guys WERE a great franchise- things change.Who, I repeat, who is acting like '83 affects '07? We're just making fun because of your team's past woes. I've said about six times now you should be looking forward to a good '07. But that doesn't mean I can't make fun of you for taking O'Brien over Marino, or Brady over Sapp, etc. Or for the fact that you once went 4-28 over a two year period :sidelol:.

I could live to be 120 and I'll never let Jet fans off the hook for that one!

Mike13
02-12-2007, 08:15 PM
That was a tremendous trade. it wasn't a 1st rd pick for jolley, we traded about 20 spots w/ Oak and got additional picks. going into the draft we wanted Justin miller and Mike Nugent. We made the trade and still got Miller and Nugent AND some guy named Kerry Rhodes who was th best S in the NFL tis year. yeah horrible trade:sidelol:

My bad I thought it was just for Jolley. ah well No one is perfect.

icephinfan
02-13-2007, 06:42 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Even the Giants fans are upset with the draft picks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep-dnlgXTMw

"EXPLICIT"

nyjunc
02-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Does anyone even remember Farrior as a Jet? Moss didn't truly blossom till he had a Redskin on the side of his helmet. C'mon!

Who cares if people remember him as a Jet? he spent 5 years here and he has now spent 5 years in Pitt. That's like saying who remembers keyshawn as a Jet?

I don't know what to say to you here that will make you understand. Even w/ your last 10 years, people still think "Jets" when they think "Draft Busts." I suppose we can just agree to disagree here, eh.

Maybe dolphin fans do, maybe it helps them forget their own pathetic drafting and play on the field but most NFL fans would not associtae bad drafting w/ the Jets anymore. Any knowledgable fan wouldn't associate the jets w/ poor drafting.

Ask the Vikings or Patriots. But trust me, you will see them soon! And to be honest, the Jet offense actually is the type that prevents us from really rushing the passer. It offsets players like JT for the most part - or at least minimizes their strengths. It's not like you guys light it up against us either, but you can move the ball a bit. That may be why you didn't see too many big plays by these guys against you.

Chad owns the dolphins, don't be confused by the Mon Night game in the driving rain. Chad is 6-1 against Miami and overall we have won 14 of the last 18. That's not a fluke.

Umm ... Daunte was a HUUUGE loss. He never should have been on the field. He was never healthy to begin w/ and that hurt him in his head too. The season was banked on Daunte, and it was over by the time he went to the bench. Injuries are part of the game and that's life - it will often ruin the best of predictions going into a season. That's why I made the '99 and '03 comparisons!

A huge loss?:sidelol: Harrington played BETTER than duante. You were 1-3 in games daunte started on pace for 4-12. Yeah that was an amazing loss:lol:

the mistake that killed you was trading for the overrated Culpepepr in the first place. he was never great when halthy and now he was damaged goods. That was an asinine move(another asinine mov by a bungling dolphin FO).

Hmmm ... sounds a lot like us until recently. Finishing 9-7, 10-6, 11-5, then adding some FAs .... makes you hopeful for the next season right, even though as you say accurately, anything can happen and "things change quickly." So when you criticize us for being positive about our team in past years, you can now understand why by looking at your team now. There's nothing wrong w/ doing this, so why do you criticize us for it?

the difference is we have shown something in the playoffs. in '98 we lost in the tile game, in '01 we lost a close one at Oak, in '02 we were in it int he 4th int he div rd, in '04 we were 1 of 2 msised makeable Fgs away from the title game, last year we were w/in a TD w/ 5 mins left against NE. You guys were been blown out year after year when you used to make the playoffs so you weren't that close, we are close if we have a good offseason and have good health again.

Who, I repeat, who is acting like '83 affects '07? We're just making fun because of your team's past woes. I've said about six times now you should be looking forward to a good '07. But that doesn't mean I can't make fun of you for taking O'Brien over Marino, or Brady over Sapp, etc. Or for the fact that you once went 4-28 over a two year period

This clip has been posted here at least 5-6 times. I know it makes you guys feel better thinking back to when Miami was good and the Jets sucked but that's a LONG time ago.

DolfanTom
02-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Who cares if people remember him as a Jet? he spent 5 years here and he has now spent 5 years in Pitt. That's like saying who remembers keyshawn as a Jet?
The point is Farrior wasn't anything as a Jet, therefore he was mostly a bust as a Jet. That's like saying the Packers were great for drafting Terrell Buckley when he didn't become a quality player till he was w/ us! He was awful for the Packers, so in that regard, the Packers made a bad pick.

Maybe dolphin fans do, maybe it helps them forget their own pathetic drafting and play on the field but most NFL fans would not associtae bad drafting w/ the Jets anymore. Any knowledgable fan wouldn't associate the jets w/ poor drafting.
:sidelol::sidelol:You can't be serious here! You must be bleedn' green Kool Aid dude! The Jets are the laughingstock of NFL drafts. Are you kidding here? You think it's just Dolphin fans that think this???? :shakeno: Wow, I didn't really think you were that out of touch w/ reality. C'mon, you have to know you were awful at drafting in the past - historically awful. Did Mel Kiper say "the Jets just don't know what the draft is all about" for nothing??

Chad owns the dolphins, don't be confused by the Mon Night game in the driving rain. Chad is 6-1 against Miami and overall we have won 14 of the last 18. That's not a fluke.
Owns? Record wise, sure, but the Jets have always played us tough no matter who the QB? But stat-wise? Are you kidding me? Owns?? Hardly! In the one game in '05 and two last year he was barely good enough to lead you to very close wins. Owns? That's not the definition of owns I'm afraid!

A huge loss?:sidelol: Harrington played BETTER than duante. You were 1-3 in games daunte started on pace for 4-12. Yeah that was an amazing loss:lol:

the mistake that killed you was trading for the overrated Culpepepr in the first place. he was never great when halthy and now he was damaged goods. That was an asinine move(another asinine mov by a bungling dolphin FO).
What part of this don't you understand. It was a huge loss of what we THOUGHT we were getting in Daunte. The fact that Joey played better than him doesn't mean Joey played better than what we thought we were getting. Crazy move to get him over Brees or not, we thought we had a star QB at the helm last year, and - instead - it was a disaster because of his injuries mostly (I hope). So yes, it was a loss!

the difference is we have shown something in the playoffs. in '98 we lost in the tile game, in '01 we lost a close one at Oak, in '02 we were in it int he 4th int he div rd, in '04 we were 1 of 2 msised makeable Fgs away from the title game, last year we were w/in a TD w/ 5 mins left against NE. You guys were been blown out year after year when you used to make the playoffs so you weren't that close, we are close if we have a good offseason and have good health again.
Just because we choked in the playoffs doesn't mean you can't be close the next year by - hopefully - improving your team in the offseason.

BTW, losing 38-24 to Oakland in '01 is not a "close one."

Losing to the Raiders 30-10 in '02 is not a "close one."

Losing to the Patriots 37-16 last year is not a "close one." Doesn't matter when they score, that's a blowout my friend!!!

Sure, your kicker screwed you in '04 but dems the breaks!

This clip has been posted here at least 5-6 times. I know it makes you guys feel better thinking back to when Miami was good and the Jets sucked but -that's a LONG time ago.
It does make me feel better that my team is consistently good throughout its history w/ very rare exception. And it also makes me feel good that my team has never:

-Gone 1-15
-Gone 4-28 over two seasons
-Had 22 losing seasons in its history
-Gone 38 years w/out a SB appearance (not that 23 years w/out one is any picnic, but it's not 38 and counting!!!

nyjunc
02-13-2007, 12:30 PM
The point is Farrior wasn't anything as a Jet, therefore he was mostly a bust as a Jet. That's like saying the Packers were great for drafting Terrell Buckley when he didn't become a quality player till he was w/ us! He was awful for the Packers, so in that regard, the Packers made a bad pick.

When did terrell buckley become a quality player? He'd get picks but he'd get burned more.

Farrior was a solid player for us. Whether he's know as a Steeler or Jet is irrlevant.

You can't be serious here! You must be bleedn' green Kool Aid dude! The Jets are the laughingstock of NFL drafts. Are you kidding here? You think it's just Dolphin fans that think this???? Wow, I didn't really think you were that out of touch w/ reality. C'mon, you have to know you were awful at drafting in the past - historically awful. Did Mel Kiper say "the Jets just don't know what the draft is all about" for nothing??

Can I borrow your time machine? Do me a favor and check the last 10-15 drafts for the teams and let me know what you find.

Mel Kiper made that statement in 1989. That's almost 20 years ago.

Owns? Record wise, sure, but the Jets have always played us tough no matter who the QB? But stat-wise? Are you kidding me? Owns?? Hardly! In the one game in '05 and two last year he was barely good enough to lead you to very close wins. Owns? That's not the definition of owns I'm afraid!

In the 1 game in '05 we lost a TD on a blown call and when you guys cut it to 10-7 he went 7 for 7 in leading us to the game clinching drive. The man is 6-1 against you, he owns Miami.

What part of this don't you understand. It was a huge loss of what we THOUGHT we were getting in Daunte.

That was your mistake thinking you were getting a good player, obviously you only looked at stat sheets and didn't watch daunte play much in Minnesota.

we thought we had a star QB at the helm last year

:sidelol: Don't just look at stat sheets.

Just because we choked in the playoffs doesn't mean you can't be close the next year by - hopefully - improving your team in the offseason.

All we heard for years was that Miami needed a running game so Lamar Smith gave you thatn and you lost 27-0 and 20-3 in '00 and '01 then you got Ricky and you haven't made thre playoffs since.

BTW, losing 38-24 to Oakland in '01 is not a "close one."

Losing to the Raiders 30-10 in '02 is not a "close one."

We were down 31-24 and had Oak w/ a 3rd and long, they busted an 80 yd run. That was w/ about 2 mins left. we were in that game.

in '02 we were tied 10-10 late in the 3rd, and down a TD midway throught he 4th. we were in that game. It wasn't like 62-7 or 38-3.

Losing to the Patriots 37-16 last year is not a "close one." Doesn't matter when they score, that's a blowout my friend!!!

Down 7 w/ about 5 mins left. It was a close game.

It does make me feel better that my team is consistently good throughout its history w/ very rare exception.

You haven't made the postseason in 5 yeras, haven't won a playoff game in 6 yeras, haven't been to the AFC title game in 15 years. Yep, consistently good:lol:

-Gone 1-15
-Gone 4-28 over two seasons
-Had 22 losing seasons in its history
-Gone 38 years w/out a SB appearance (not that 23 years w/out one is any picnic, but it's not 38 and counting!!!

and despite all of that the Jets have just ONE less Championship than Miami and Miami's last tile was 33 years ago.

Where do you get 23 years from? 2006-1973 equals 33 years ago which is only 5 years less than 38.

DolfanTom
02-13-2007, 12:50 PM
When did terrell buckley become a quality player? He'd get picks but he'd get burned more.

Farrior was a solid player for us. Whether he's know as a Steeler or Jet is irrlevant.

Can I borrow your time machine? Do me a favor and check the last 10-15 drafts for the teams and let me know what you find.

Mel Kiper made that statement in 1989. That's almost 20 years ago.

In the 1 game in '05 we lost a TD on a blown call and when you guys cut it to 10-7 he went 7 for 7 in leading us to the game clinching drive. The man is 6-1 against you, he owns Miami.

That was your mistake thinking you were getting a good player, obviously you only looked at stat sheets and didn't watch daunte play much in Minnesota.

:sidelol: Don't just look at stat sheets.

All we heard for years was that Miami needed a running game so Lamar Smith gave you thatn and you lost 27-0 and 20-3 in '00 and '01 then you got Ricky and you haven't made thre playoffs since.

We were down 31-24 and had Oak w/ a 3rd and long, they busted an 80 yd run. That was w/ about 2 mins left. we were in that game.

in '02 we were tied 10-10 late in the 3rd, and down a TD midway throught he 4th. we were in that game. It wasn't like 62-7 or 38-3.

Down 7 w/ about 5 mins left. It was a close game.

You haven't made the postseason in 5 yeras, haven't won a playoff game in 6 yeras, haven't been to the AFC title game in 15 years. Yep, consistently good:lol:

and despite all of that the Jets have just ONE less Championship than Miami and Miami's last tile was 33 years ago.

Where do you get 23 years from? 2006-1973 equals 33 years ago which is only 5 years less than 38.I'm tired of this pissing contest, you win only because I don't have time.

Dude, I said SB APPEARANCE, NOT VICTORY! That'd be 1984 my green friend.

DolfanTom
02-13-2007, 12:58 PM

Couple things I do want to cover.

T-Buck was a great player for us for about three seasons in the late 90s. Where the heck where you??? During this time, he was rarely toasted, unlike earlier in his career. JJ brought the guy back form the dead!

Consistently good means we're always 8-8 or better (or in the playoff hunt late in the year) each year w/ few exceptions. Even w/ '04 and '06 in the mix, we've had FOUR losing seasons since 1970. I'm pretty sure that's considered consistently good!

Oh, and you do realize the Jets once went a decade w/out a playoff appearance right? I don't feel so bad about five, especially when we were left out in '03 w/ a 10-6 record that - in the NFC this year - would have been good for a bye.

nyjunc
02-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Couple things I do want to cover.

T-Buck was a great player for us for about three seasons in the late 90s. Where the heck where you??? During this time, he was rarely toasted, unlike earlier in his career. JJ brought the guy back form the dead!

Consistently good means we're always 8-8 or better (or in the playoff hunt late in the year) each year w/ few exceptions. Even w/ '04 and '06 in the mix, we've had FOUR losing seasons since 1970. I'm pretty sure that's considered consistently good!

Oh, and you do realize the Jets once went a decade w/out a playoff appearance right? I don't feel so bad about five, especially when we were left out in '03 w/ a 10-6 record that - in the NFC this year - would have been good for a bye.

There weren't as many playoff spots available in the 70s(though we stunk anyway) as there are now. There are only a handful of teams that haven't made the playoff since realignment in 2002 and the dolpgins are one of those teams. Only Buffalo, detroit, Houston(they started in 2002) and Arizona have not made at least 1 playoff appearance since 2002. Think about that, even cleveland has made a playoff appearance in that time frame and you guys are on your way to 10 years w/o a playoff appearance.

In 2003 you won your last 2 after being eliminated after week 15. As usual the dolphins won meaningless games so don't crow about 2003.

DolfanTom
02-13-2007, 01:07 PM
There weren't as many playoff spots available in the 70s(though we stunk anyway) as there are now. There are only a handful of teams that haven't made the playoff since realignment in 2002 and the dolpgins are one of those teams. Only Buffalo, detroit, Houston(they started in 2002) and Arizona have not made at least 1 playoff appearance since 2002. Think about that, even cleveland has made a playoff appearance in that time frame and you guys are on your way to 10 years w/o a playoff appearance.

In 2003 you won your last 2 after being eliminated after week 15. As usual the dolphins won meaningless games so don't crow about 2003.OK, you're right. The Jets are one of the all-time winningest franchises, and we've always sucked, etc. :shakeno::confused::rolleyes2

Mike13
02-13-2007, 02:19 PM

You haven't seen then make plays because they don't show Fins games in NC.
Crowder is a solid LB. Roth has played well when he is on the field.
The thing is its hard to start when JT and KC are on the same team.
I wouldn't ask for better mentors for the kid.

nyjunc
02-13-2007, 03:31 PM
OK, you're right. The Jets are one of the all-time winningest franchises, and we've always sucked, etc. :shakeno::confused::rolleyes2

Where did I say that? We USED to suck in most years, those days are LONG gone. You are stuck in 1975, I can't help you and again the bottom line is the "great" Miami dolphins have just ONE more Championship than the lowly Jets and Miami's last title was 33 years ago. Stop living in ancient history. I know Phin fans like to think Miami is up there w/ Dallas, SF and Pitt but the turth is you are a mid of the pack franchise and NE has passed you in the div as they have as many SB apps and 1 more SB win.

DolfanTom
02-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Where did I say that? We USED to suck in most years, those days are LONG gone. You are stuck in 1975, I can't help you and again the bottom line is the "great" Miami dolphins have just ONE more Championship than the lowly Jets and Miami's last title was 33 years ago. Stop living in ancient history. I know Phin fans like to think Miami is up there w/ Dallas, SF and Pitt but the turth is you are a mid of the pack franchise and NE has passed you in the div as they have as many SB apps and 1 more SB win.:rolleyes2