02-09-2007, 08:31 AM
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/762/762671p1.html

Motion
02-09-2007, 09:14 AM
:woot: :woot: :thewave: :woot: :woot:

YES!!!!!

Bruzer
02-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Yea I read that a couple weeks ago but it is cool I will probably not get it since i got other games im eying but cool none the less.

Desides
02-09-2007, 09:32 AM
What's hilarious about all this is that IGN interviewed the development team before the game's PSP release, and they expressly said it's not coming out on the PS2.

Motion
02-09-2007, 10:00 AM
What's hilarious about all this is that IGN interviewed the development team before the game's PSP release, and they expressly said it's not coming out on the PS2.

Yeah I know, I was really disappointed about that.

NoVaDolfan
02-09-2007, 10:44 AM
sweet

mor911
02-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Here's what happened... It didn't sell well on the PSP, so Rockstar needs to recoupe on lost profits. I hope they'll do a better job converting this than they did with LCS. That was an almost direct port. Looked horrible... Worse than GTA3

Motion
02-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Here's what happened... It didn't sell well on the PSP, so Rockstar needs to recoupe on lost profits. I hope they'll do a better job converting this than they did with LCS. That was an almost direct port. Looked horrible... Worse than GTA3

I just can't wait to rock the jetski :D

Motion
02-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Is it March 6th yet???

I've actually been playing the original Vice City again lately cause I like it so much. Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Mainge
02-09-2007, 06:15 PM
What's the difference between the original and these 'City Stories' versions?

Motion
02-09-2007, 11:54 PM

Different time period and different missions, storyline basically supports the storyline from the original. Fills in some background info. Plus has alot more features.

Desides
02-10-2007, 12:56 AM

Same cities, some characters carry over, but otherwise they're brand-new games. For example, in LCS, you play as Tony Cipriani, and in VCS, you play as Victor Vance.

I suppose San Andreas Stories is all but inevitable at this point.

Miami 13
02-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks Rockstar for saying it was a PSP exclusive...:rolleyes2

Mike13
02-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Does Saban work for Rockstar?

King Felix
02-11-2007, 03:41 AM
Is it March 6th yet???

I've actually been playing the original Vice City again lately cause I like it so much. Can't wait to get my hands on this one.:lol: i wish it was march 6th too, for a different reason though.

its my bday!

JPhinfan86
02-12-2007, 12:44 PM
My bro and I have been watching this one for some time. I actually hope that B.J. Smith (of the Vice City Mamba) has a role in terms of missions this go around - other than buying his lot. The came won't die if L.T. doesn't get a bigger role but still. Also - what about the soundtrack? Another generic mix or?

"Get 'Fit for football' and you can annihilate ANYTHING in your path, in a blind rage" - :lol:

Desides
02-12-2007, 01:51 PM
My bro and I have been watching this one for some time. I actually hope that B.J. Smith (of the Vice City Mamba) has a role in terms of missions this go around - other than buying his lot. The came won't die if L.T. doesn't get a bigger role but still. Also - what about the soundtrack? Another generic mix or?

I'm about halfway through the PSP version. B.J. Smith is not in the game, not even in a radio ad.

The soundtrack is quite excellent, and the writing has improved as well. Vice City Public Radio still outdoes the music stations, even without Jan Brown.

JPhinfan86
02-13-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm about halfway through the PSP version. B.J. Smith is not in the game, not even in a radio ad.

The soundtrack is quite excellent, and the writing has improved as well. Vice City Public Radio still outdoes the music stations, even without Jan Brown.

Way to crush my dream - geez. Its on - :ninja: :chuckle: At least tell me someone gets a B.J.

Dolfan5000
02-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Sweet, I'll get it for my PS3. I've wanted to play one of the Stories versions for a while.

Motion
02-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Man I'm dying to get my hands on this game. I was reading up on it all afternoon yesterday. Its only gonna be $20. Is it March 6th yet??!?!?

Motion
03-07-2007, 11:18 AM
:thewave:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

SpurzN703
03-07-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm getting this game soon. Vice City rocks!!! :ninja:

SpurzN703
03-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Bought the game last night. Not even close to Saints Row for XBox 360 (which I obviously knew it wouldnt be). I used to love playing the GTA games but now that I've played SR on XBox, I don't think Vice City or any others will ever be the same.

Least not for PS2

mor911
03-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Saint's Row is definitely the best game in this Genre (crime/action) right now. I know it sounds silly that a GTA clone is the best GTA out, but it's true.

next up, GTA4 vs. SR2 -- FIGHT!

Motion
03-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Saint's Row is definitely the best game in this Genre (crime/action) right now. I know it sounds silly that a GTA clone is the best GTA out, but it's true.

:drool:

Motion
03-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Finally picked this up last night.

Couldn't find it on the shelf so I asked this clerk about it, I said "Yeah I need the new GTA: Vice City Stores for PS2".

He's like "New?"

I said "Yeah, just came out this week"

He says "No that came out a couple months ago"

I said " Yeah on PSP, I need it for PS2"

He says "Yeah its been out a couple months"

Annoyed, I said "DO YOU HAVE IT OR NOT?"

Anyway, only played it for a quick 20-30 minutes. Graphics are weak, doesn't look like they changed much from the PSP version.

Thats my story for the day. :D

mor911
03-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Finally picked this up last night.

Couldn't find it on the shelf so I asked this clerk about it, I said "Yeah I need the new GTA: Vice City Stores for PS2".

He's like "New?"

I said "Yeah, just came out this week"

He says "No that came out a couple months ago"

I said " Yeah on PSP, I need it for PS2"

He says "Yeah its been out a couple months"

Annoyed, I said "DO YOU HAVE IT OR NOT?"

Anyway, only played it for a quick 20-30 minutes. Graphics are weak, doesn't look like they changed much from the PSP version.

Thats my story for the day. :DThey need to make more of an effort when porting a game to a more powerful console (i.e. from PSP to PS2). On a bigger screen, the graphical weaknesses really show. They should have done some serious texture overhauls.

I haven't played GTA:VCS, but when I got LCS, I was very disappointed graphically. The game itself was still good, and the story was excellent... but the PSP on PS2 graphics were vomit inducing.

EDIT -- Oh, and nice conversation with the game store genius. I've had oh so many conversations like that. Where I knew more than the store manager about his industry.

Motion
03-09-2007, 10:16 AM
They need to make more of an effort when porting a game to a more powerful console (i.e. from PSP to PS2). On a bigger screen, the graphical weaknesses really show. They should have done some serious texture overhauls.

I haven't played GTA:VCS, but when I got LCS, I was very disappointed graphically. The game itself was still good, and the story was excellent... but the PSP on PS2 graphics were vomit inducing.

EDIT -- Oh, and nice conversation with the game store genius. I've had oh so many conversations like that. Where I knew more than the store manager about his industry.

Yeah I definitely agree, expecially with the textures. I jumped in a car and took off, when I got up to full speed it looked like the whole screen was shaking. It literally looks like the PSP version on a bigger screen.

SpurzN703
03-09-2007, 10:48 AM

is SR2 confirmed? I sure hope so since ... :D
please don't post spoilers like that without warning.

Dubfire
03-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Well, after reading this, guess I will not be stopping at Gamestop after work to pick this up.

It's a shame how spolied we've gotten with the these next gen consoles. If the game looks as bad as you all say it does, I'll just buy it for the PSP and enjoy it on there.

SpurzN703
03-09-2007, 10:50 AM
They need to make more of an effort when porting a game to a more powerful console (i.e. from PSP to PS2). On a bigger screen, the graphical weaknesses really show. They should have done some serious texture overhauls.

I know it isnt fair to compare PS2 to XBox but the graphics for GTA:VCS just suck. I didnt even play XBox that long so I don't think their graphics jaded my memory or anything. I just dont remember GTA's graphics looking so :rolleyes2

mor911
03-09-2007, 11:54 AM
is SR2 confirmed? I sure hope so since ... :D
please don't post spoilers like that without warning.Not sure if that's confirmed or not.

Motion
03-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Any word on whether or not SR2 will be cross platform on launch?

JPhinfan86
03-10-2007, 04:30 AM
So far I'm diggin it - not too bad. How many of you actually realized you were seeing Vic Vance in the beginning of the original Vice City? I didn't - had no clue. So now we know how he meets the end. Further - how many knew that it was Lance Vance flying the little bird with the mini-guns on it? Crazy. Watch the opening sequence and you'll see it all. :up:

Motion
03-10-2007, 10:09 AM
So far I'm diggin it - not too bad. How many of you actually realized you were seeing Vic Vance in the beginning of the original Vice City? I didn't - had no clue. So now we know how he meets the end. Further - how many knew that it was Lance Vance flying the little bird with the mini-guns on it? Crazy. Watch the opening sequence and you'll see it all. :up:

Really? Yeah Lance talks about it several times during the game. I just replayed the original Vice City the last couple weeks to buy time until VCS came out. :D

I played some more VCS last night, its growing on me.

Daytona Fin
03-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Yeah I definitely agree, expecially with the textures. I jumped in a car and took off, when I got up to full speed it looked like the whole screen was shaking. It literally looks like the PSP version on a bigger screen.

they started the car shaking in san andreas. its supposed to do that at high speeds. it makes it harder to control at high speeds. i think its pretty cool. game is awesome though. original vice city was always my favorite and now a get a prequel, awesome. i got it and it seems like a lot of content/playtime will be involved ,hopefully longer than vice city. the mainland is a lot different, buildings and gave a couple new shortcuts to the airport, which used to take forever in the original. i havent made it to the beachside yet but im taking my time, dont want to rush through this one like i did lcs.

JPhinfan86
03-11-2007, 07:26 AM
My major issues so far with this one in particular: There are a few situations that did not exist with previous GTA's - even 'III'. In every prior-GTA when you parked a vehicle outside near a mission area it was ALWAYS there when you returned from the cutscene. Unfortunately that is NOT the case with VCS. So, instead of planning on using a fast car for fast missions you're relegated to using the nearest station wagon or worse yet, running on foot for miles to find something, ANYTHING. Is this a glitch I'm experiencing or is this the norm? Please say glitch.....please? Please?

Another thing: Any time before two stars typically brought a few squad cars whereas now you get mauled by cars (simply an increase in numbers) - its really not incredibly difficult for the experienced GTA-ite but it did catch my attention. It is just hard to let my nieces play now because they do one tiny thing and they are annihilated by 5-0.

Motion
03-12-2007, 09:26 AM
My major issues so far with this one in particular: There are a few situations that did not exist with previous GTA's - even 'III'. In every prior-GTA when you parked a vehicle outside near a mission area it was ALWAYS there when you returned from the cutscene. Unfortunately that is NOT the case with VCS. So, instead of planning on using a fast car for fast missions you're relegated to using the nearest station wagon or worse yet, running on foot for miles to find something, ANYTHING. Is this a glitch I'm experiencing or is this the norm? Please say glitch.....please? Please?

Another thing: Any time before two stars typically brought a few squad cars whereas now you get mauled by cars (simply an increase in numbers) - its really not incredibly difficult for the experienced GTA-ite but it did catch my attention. It is just hard to let my nieces play now because they do one tiny thing and they are annihilated by 5-0.

I agree on both accounts. Unfortunately not a glitch with the disappearing cars.

Another thing I thought was odd is all the different roads. This game is set before the original Vice City and has a much more logical road map. Doesn't make sense.

I played a good bit over the weekend and really got into the business aspect of the game and I must say this game is incredibly deep with all the business fronts you can develop. However, much like San Andreas it gets kinda annoying when your on the other side of town and one of your store fronts get attacked.

JPhinfan86
03-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Yea - you are certainly correct. I like that connecting road into Escobar - and the little wooden bridge near Ft. Baxter. It doesn't make alot of sense to say they took those out (as a city if you can imagine it) for practical reasons.

Honestly people, I'm liking this MUCH more than the original Vice City - and I say this because the original tried far too hard to be someone else's story. The entire story was driven by the premise seen in Scarface and Miami Vice - I found that all to be a bit too predictable. I mean I personally LOVE tie-ins but not direct cut & paste types of things. Things like the cameo of the HIDDEN Apartment 3C (you can actually go inside the apartment from Scarface where the chainsaw seen took place in Vice City). The city was redesigned fantastically, the Jet-Ski kicks @ss and the new helicopter side missions are surprisingly enjoyable. Good Stuff!!

Motion
03-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Yea - you are certainly correct. I like that connecting road into Escobar - and the little wooden bridge near Ft. Baxter. It doesn't make alot of sense to say they took those out (as a city if you can imagine it) for practical reasons.

Honestly people, I'm liking this MUCH more than the original Vice City - and I say this because the original tried far too hard to be someone else's story. The entire story was driven by the premise seen in Scarface and Miami Vice - I found that all to be a bit too predictable. I mean I personally LOVE tie-ins but not direct cut & paste types of things. Things like the cameo of the HIDDEN Apartment 3C (you can actually go inside the apartment from Scarface where the chainsaw seen took place in Vice City). The city was redesigned fantastically, the Jet-Ski kicks @ss and the new helicopter side missions are surprisingly enjoyable. Good Stuff!!

I agree, I was alittle disappointed with the graphics at first but overall the gameplay and storyline is very good. I can't wait to get to the point where I can use the jet-ski and helicopters. I'll be putting alot of time into this game.

Gonna be tough though with God of War 2 coming out tomorrow.

JPhinfan86
03-13-2007, 05:56 AM
About those jet-skis - they handle FANTASTICALLY. I was honestly expecting them to feel like quads on water - thankfully that isn't the case. They are very smooth and shifty - great stuff. You can shoot off of the nose as if on a on bike - it all works very well.

Motion
03-13-2007, 08:51 AM
About those jet-skis - they handle FANTASTICALLY. I was honestly expecting them to feel like quads on water - thankfully that isn't the case. They are very smooth and shifty - great stuff. You can shoot off of the nose as if on a on bike - it all works very well.

How far into the game do you have to get to unlock the whole map and/or the boats/jet skiis??

Bruzer
03-13-2007, 08:57 AM
I will probably pick this and god of war up end of this week. I really want to play both.

Daytona Fin
03-14-2007, 10:33 PM

try leaving your vehicle a little bit away from mission area , like next house down or around the side of a building , this works for me a lot. as for the cops they are tougher but it makes a little more interesting. i've noticed its really hard to enter a vehicle when a cop is chasing you on foot.

Motion
03-15-2007, 08:35 AM
try leaving your vehicle a little bit away from mission area , like next house down or around the side of a building , this works for me a lot. as for the cops they are tougher but it makes a little more interesting. i've noticed its really hard to enter a vehicle when a cop is chasing you on foot.

Yeah I've started doing that as well.

Seems like I've put alot of time in and completed alot of missions and still haven't unlocked the other side of town yet. I'm dying to try the jetski! :lol:

Motion
03-20-2007, 11:40 AM
So anyone else still playing this?

Here I thought I was getting close to the end and I checked the stats and I'm only 28% complete :lol:

I know there is alot of filler when it comes to the % complete with side missions and such but damn! :lol:

I just finished the 3rd or 4th mission for Diaz, where is anyone else at right now???

Finally got to the jetski's over the weekend! :woot: :lol: