PDA

View Full Version : "But it could be worse. The Steelers could be the Dolphins."

GoBills24
02-09-2007, 05:25 PM
"...Al Davis stepped in dog crap years ago and is still leaving a trail, but it could be worse. He could be the guy running the Steelers.

The Steelers, who had it easy for decades thanks to Chuck Noll and Bill Cowher, had to do some heavy lifting this offseason after Cowher resigned ... but instead got choked beneath the bench-press bar.

Pittsburgh had two quality candidates on staff in Russ Grimm and Ken Whisenhunt, but dragged out the process long enough to lose Whisenhunt to the Arizona Cardinals, become infatuated with unlovable Chan Gailey, and emasculate Grimm.

After coming to their senses and jettisoning Gailey back to Georgia Tech, the Steelers narrowed their search to Grimm, Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera and Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin.

From there Pittsburgh got down to Grimm and Tomlin, and let Grimm believe the job was his. Grimm told his family. Someone told a reporter from a Pittsburgh newspaper. The story got out: Grimm was about to be hired.

Oops.

Tomlin got hired. Grimm got destroyed. The Steelers are the only NFL team this offseason to make a minority their new coach, and whatever goodwill that might have earned was lost in the mishandling of Russ Grimm.

But it could be worse. The Steelers could be the Dolphins."

Article from SportsLine.

I guess they don't think much of the Phins right now. :lol:

The Confessor
02-09-2007, 05:26 PM
What if gojills started a thread and nobody cared....

retired opfinistic
02-09-2007, 05:33 PM
He is consistent!

DolfanTom
02-09-2007, 05:34 PM
It could certainly be worse for me. I could live in Buffalo!

retired opfinistic
02-09-2007, 05:38 PM
It could certainly be worse for me. I could live in Buffalo!
Damn, dude, you're about to be a father again, don't even joke like that!

Steel954
02-09-2007, 05:47 PM
"...Al Davis stepped in dog crap years ago and is still leaving a trail, but it could be worse. He could be the guy running the Steelers.

The Steelers, who had it easy for decades thanks to Chuck Noll and Bill Cowher, had to do some heavy lifting this offseason after Cowher resigned ... but instead got choked beneath the bench-press bar.

Pittsburgh had two quality candidates on staff in Russ Grimm and Ken Whisenhunt, but dragged out the process long enough to lose Whisenhunt to the Arizona Cardinals, become infatuated with unlovable Chan Gailey, and emasculate Grimm.

After coming to their senses and jettisoning Gailey back to Georgia Tech, the Steelers narrowed their search to Grimm, Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera and Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin.

From there Pittsburgh got down to Grimm and Tomlin, and let Grimm believe the job was his. Grimm told his family. Someone told a reporter from a Pittsburgh newspaper. The story got out: Grimm was about to be hired.

Oops.

Tomlin got hired. Grimm got destroyed. The Steelers are the only NFL team this offseason to make a minority their new coach, and whatever goodwill that might have earned was lost in the mishandling of Russ Grimm.

But it could be worse. The Steelers could be the Dolphins."

Article from SportsLine.

I guess they don't think much of the Phins right now. :lol:

I trust that the Rooney's and the Steelers FO hired the best man for the job. They seem to have a real knack for selecting great, HOF coaches. I really wouldn't count the Steelers out next year.

retired opfinistic
02-09-2007, 05:54 PM
I trust that the Rooney's and the Steelers FO hired the best man for the job. They seem to have a real knack for selecting great, HOF coaches. I really wouldn't count the Steelers out next year.
haven't seen you in a while, what's up?

GoBills24
02-09-2007, 05:58 PM

Just thought you'd like to know what a renowned sports site thinks about your favorite team.

Steel954
02-09-2007, 06:00 PM
haven't seen you in a while, what's up?

SOS. Licking my wounds from the 8-8 season. Got tired of smacking the Brownies and Felons fans around from the AFCN and decided to check out whats goin on with the Fins. Same ol same ole around here too huh? By the way...whats the deal with the FINS Dollars and why do I have so many?

GoBills24
02-09-2007, 06:21 PM
SOS. Licking my wounds from the 8-8 season. Got tired of smacking the Brownies and Felons fans around from the AFCN and decided to check out whats goin on with the Fins. Same ol same ole around here too huh? By the way...whats the deal with the FINS Dollars and why do I have so many?

You get dollars for long, well thought out posts.

BTW, looking forward to playing you guys this year. :D

Dolfan984
02-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Whatever. We're way better than the Raiders and not that much worse than the Bills. We get Daunte and Ricky back. You wont see the starting combo of HarrINgTon and Morris next year.

GoBills24
02-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Whatever. We're way better than the Raiders and not that much worse than the Bills. We get Daunte and Ricky back. You wont see the starting combo of HarrINgTon and Morris next year.

Are they going to give Culpepper a reconstructed brain along with his reconstructed knee?

He needs both equally.

As for Ricky, it won't be long before he screws up again, and is back playing for the Argos in the CFL. He's probably loving Canada actually.

I know I'd love to toke up as much as I wanted, and not worry about being suspended off the team.

:lol:

Mike13
02-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Just thought you'd like to know what a renowned sports site thinks about your favorite team.

I take what the media says with a grain of salt.

Kinzua
02-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Are they going to give Culpepper a reconstructed brain along with his reconstructed knee?

He needs both equally.

As for Ricky, it won't be long before he screws up again, and is back playing for the Argos in the CFL. He's probably loving Canada actually.

I know I'd love to toke up as much as I wanted, and not worry about being suspended off the team.

:yeahthat:

The Confessor
02-09-2007, 07:50 PM

You get different $$ for starting threads and posts. You can go into the vbplaza menu and buy or give goodies...cybergoodies of course. Just another addiction

BTW: Isnt it intersting that EVERYBODY important is ignoring the original poster and his croanie

TotoreMexico
02-09-2007, 08:22 PM
You get different $$ for starting threads and posts. You can go into the vbplaza menu and buy or give goodies...cybergoodies of course. Just another addiction

BTW: Isnt it intersting that EVERYBODY important is ignoring the original poster and his croanie

:sidelol:

Who?

Mike13
02-09-2007, 08:23 PM
:sidelol:

Who?

Don't you mean what?

The Confessor
02-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Don't you mean what?

:sidelol: :sidelol:

byroan
02-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Thinks worse of Dallas.

The Dolphins couldn't lick a stamp without written instructions, but it could be worse. They could be the Cowboys.

Mike13
02-09-2007, 08:47 PM
At least we are not the Raiders.

like2god
02-09-2007, 09:25 PM

In another bizarre twist, Prince Frederick von Anhalt (husband of Zsa Zsa Gabor) is now claiming that he is the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/articles/_a/anna-nicole-smith-dies/20070208151009990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Discuss.

like2god
02-09-2007, 09:26 PM
BTW

Steel, nice to see you back.

:cooldude:

GoBills24
02-09-2007, 11:18 PM

What?

I thought you guys liked to hear what sports sites thought about your chances?

You sure cared last year when new ones were posted everyday in the forums. Any reason for the change?

:confused:

Mike13
02-10-2007, 02:36 PM
In another bizarre twist, Prince Frederick von Anhalt (husband of Zsa Zsa Gabor) is now claiming that he is the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/articles/_a/anna-nicole-smith-dies/20070208151009990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Discuss.

Who didn't that ***** bang?

retired opfinistic
02-11-2007, 03:08 AM
Some new thing that you get for posting, you can bet 'em on Vbookie, donate em to B-Lo so he can get a tutor....

How do you think your steelers will do this year? I'm totally clueless right now about how the Fins will look.

retired opfinistic
02-11-2007, 03:10 AM
What?

I thought you guys liked to hear what sports sites thought about your chances?

You sure cared last year when new ones were posted everyday in the forums. Any reason for the change?

:confused:
:lol: smart*ss yeah we deserve that!

Dolfan984
02-11-2007, 06:47 AM

He needs both equally.

Whatever. Ricky is coming back for sure (in the NFL reinstates him) and whatever you think about Harrington, Culpepper is better than him. That's not sayin much but it's just how bad we had it in 06. Just not having Joey out there is addition by subtraction.

GoBills24
02-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Whatever. Ricky is coming back for sure (in the NFL reinstates him) and whatever you think about Harrington, Culpepper is better than him. That's not sayin much but it's just how bad we had it in 06. Just not having Joey out there is addition by subtraction.

Not from what I saw this past season.

Wasn't he the QB for Miami's late run at the end of the season?

Mike13
02-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Not from what I saw this past season.

Wasn't he the QB for Miami's late run at the end of the season?

Our running game and our Defense won those games .

GoBills24
02-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Our running game and our Defense won those games .

Shouldn't mess with success then.

As proven before, teams can win with a stiff defense and a solid running game. Also, you have a good TE with McMichael, which helps move the chains.

I think you guys have a solid core there to continue to build that offense.

Just my opinion though.

Enforcerfin33
02-12-2007, 11:50 PM

As proven before, teams can win with a stiff defense and a solid running game. Also, you have a good TE with McMichael, which helps move the chains.

Just my opinion though.
And I must say not a bad opinion.

Dolfan984
02-13-2007, 02:06 AM

Just my opinion though.

Yeah dude if anything we won those games in spite of Joey. Joey is freaking horrible. Culpepper on one leg had like 1.5 more yards per attempt, a better TD/INT ratio, and a better QB rating. Hell you saw him when you shut us out. When we put in Cleo we finally started moving the ball on you guys...and don't say you guys played soft because you know the Bills wanted that shutout bad.

icephinfan
02-13-2007, 04:12 AM
It could be that.....nevermind.

BleedinGreenNC
02-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Who are the Bills?

Vertical Limit
02-13-2007, 03:14 PM
The Bills are way better than us, for now. We only scored 6 points against them in two games versus their 37 points against us.

We'll get back at them though. :wink:

GoBills24
02-13-2007, 06:50 PM
and don't say you guys played soft because you know the Bills wanted that shutout bad.

Not soft, but probably not as hard as the previous 3.85 quarters of the game.

:wink:

Mike13
02-13-2007, 07:04 PM
"We lost because of Mike Mularkey"

arsenal
02-13-2007, 07:05 PM
:lol: @ the bills...

GoBills24
02-13-2007, 07:06 PM
:lol: @ the bills...

Where the **** is this coming from?

icephinfan