PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid Movie Officially in Development!

Caps
02-09-2007, 07:30 PM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117959052.html?categoryId=20&cs=1

Please don't screw this up, this has the potential to be SO good, or SO bad. Names I've heard to be Snake include Sawyer from Lost, Viggo Mortenson and Hugh Jackman.

This could be a good one if handled properly.

Desides
02-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Hopefully David Hayter will both write and play Snake. We know he can write--see the X-Men movie. We know he can act--he's been in films before, and he voices Snake in the games.

Make it happen, Sony.

Bruzer
02-09-2007, 08:53 PM
This could be very good or very bad since there is so many fans of the series.

wazzy
02-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Fans are going to be real critical so I hope they can pull through with a solid script and some good entertainment!

Motion
02-09-2007, 11:52 PM
:woot: Good stuff

Mike13
02-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Hideo Kojima as exec producer

Thats good. Its not like he can **** up his own creation.

As long as Raiden isn't in it.

Bruzer
02-10-2007, 01:31 PM
The thing about Hideo before he did games he wanted to do movies and be a director/ producer ect... He wound up doing games becuase that was basically his only option to do story telling.

JPhinfan86
02-12-2007, 12:58 PM
DUDE - these movies have ALREADY BEEN MADE!! "Escape from New York" and "Escape from L.A." . :shakeno:

Bruzer
02-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Today I was reading that Hideo's favorite actor to play snake if he can get him is viggo mortensen from movies like LOTR. He would kinda look the part and is not a bad choice. Hayter would be the best look alike choice but im sure hideo will get the right actor.

Motion
02-12-2007, 01:01 PM
DUDE - these movies have ALREADY BEEN MADE!! "Escape from New York" and "Escape from L.A." . :shakeno:

:shakeno:

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-12-2007, 01:03 PM
I do not really see the point of this. MGS is practially a movie in itself.

Bruzer
02-12-2007, 01:04 PM

Well since Hideo is done with MGS after 4 there may be a part of the story he wants to still tell and he has always wanted to make movies he probably sees this as his chance to finally do a movie.

Motion
02-12-2007, 01:06 PM

Wider market. The movie will attract all the gamers plus action movie fans.

JPhinfan86
02-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Thats good. Its not like he can **** up his own creation.

As long as Raiden isn't in it.
Well - in theory yes. I can't stand MGS but as fans I think you guys should get a movie you end up liking (to make the trilogy :chuckle: ). Hideo needs to not let the 'Hollywood' effect get ahold of his original idea. That involves adding love interests that didnt exist before or changing things about characters for commercial reasons etc etc etc.

The Splinter Cell film is due out here :pray: -- I have heard rumors and such for about a year now and cannot wait. I will be p!ssed if they change ANYTHING dramatically. :fire:

Bruzer
02-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Well - in theory yes. I can't stand MGS but as fans I think you guys should get a movie you end up liking (to make the trilogy :chuckle: ). Hideo needs to not let the 'Hollywood' effect get ahold of his original idea. That invovles adding love interests that didnt exist before or changing things about characters for commercial reasons etc etc etc.

The Splinter Cell film is due out here :pray: -- I have heard rumors and such for about a year now and cannot wait. I will be p!ssed if they change ANYTHING dramatically. :fire:

See I am not a big splinter cell fan played the games but I didn't get hooked. Although the movie would be cool probably. I would think george clooney would do sam the best atleast thats what I think. Although it seems splinter keeps getting pushed back its not not slated for release until 2010.

Dol-Fan Dupree
02-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Wider market. The movie will attract all the gamers plus action movie fans.

They would have to make it completely not insane. MGS 2 story was completely insane.

MGS story one was pretty nuts as well.

Motion
02-12-2007, 01:17 PM
They would have to make it completely not insane. MGS 2 story was completely insane.

MGS story one was pretty nuts as well.

True, but it would still draw more people IMO. Sci-Fi/action types.

BTW, I don't think it gets crazier than MGS3 with fighting a guy thats already dead and killing yourself to beat him. :lol:

Mike13
02-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Yeah, there's alot of weirdness in that series.

JPhinfan86
02-13-2007, 03:13 PM
:shakeno:

I'm not being a smart@ss and i'm not b.s.-ing. Kojima admitted that Snake Pliskin was his inspiration both in look and attitude. Listen to the voice and look at him w/ his mullet and bandana and of course cigarettes.

I told myself years ago that it was SOOO similar and in fact was the basis for Solid Snake. :up:

Mike13
02-13-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm not being a smart@ss and i'm not b.s.-ing. Kojima admitted that Snake Pliskin was his inspiration both in look and attitude. Listen to the voice and look at him w/ his mullet and bandana and of course cigarettes.

I told myself years ago that it SOOO similar and in fact was the basis for Solid Snake. :up:

You are correct sir, they even reference that in MGS2.

JPhinfan86
02-14-2007, 12:44 PM
You are correct sir, they even reference that in MGS2.

Really? :lol: - how so?

Mike13
02-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Really? :lol: - how so?

Snake goes by Iroquois Pliskin for some of the game.