PDA

View Full Version : My letter to fellow dolfans

23_Phins_84
02-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Dear reader,

It has been discussed on these message boards of a certain player named Brady Quinn being drafted by the Dolphins. If you dont mind, I would like a say in this. I personally think Brady Quinn is going to be a huge bust in the NFL. If the Dolphins were to draft him, I would NOT be angry, nor would I stop being a fan of the Dolphins. I would, however, expect nothing more than another top 10 draft pick next year as well. I know what you will say. "Quinn is just like Brady. He is a quarterback raised by Charlie Weis and will be a hall of famer. He will lead us to many Super Bowl victories." Thats where you are wrong. To find another Tom Brady is like finding a hay in a needle stack. You are only setting yourself up for pain and misery as another season, another quarterback, and another coach, goes right past us. Again. And again. And again. Every year there is that "Tom Brady". Last year it was Matt Leinart. The year before that, it was Eli Manning. Look at them now. One of them cant get off his back for 2 plays, and the other cant throw an accurate pass for 2 plays. I MAY be wrong, but I have a strong feeling this year will be no different.

ADDiKT
02-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Dear reader,

It has been discussed on these message boards of a certain player named Brady Quinn being drafted by the Dolphins. If you dont mind, I would like a say in this. I personally think Brady Quinn is going to be a huge bust in the NFL. If the Dolphins were to draft him, I would NOT be angry, nor would I stop being a fan of the Dolphins. I would, however, expect nothing more than another top 10 draft pick next year as well. I know what you will say. "Quinn is just like Brady. He is a quarterback raised by Charlie Weis and will be a hall of famer. He will lead us to many Super Bowl victories." Thats where you are wrong. To find another Tom Brady is like finding a hay in a needle stack. You are only setting yourself up for pain and misery as another season, another quarterback, and another coach, goes right past us. Again. And again. And again. Every year there is that "Tom Brady". Last year it was Matt Leinart. The year before that, it was Eli Manning. Look at them now. One of them cant get off his back for 2 plays, and the other cant throw an accurate pass for 2 plays. I MAY be wrong, but I have a strong feeling this year will be no different.

1st of all, if Miami has a pick in the top 10 next year -- chances are Brady Quinn wouldn't have anything to do with it. If he is drafted by Miami, he probably won't play a down.

Secondly, unless you were being sarcastic -- I must mention that the saying goes "Finding a needle in a haystack" not "Finding hay in a needle stack"... I think most will still understand.

My opinion, Brady Quinn will be a monster in the NFL. What's being said about him not winning the big games in college is exactly what was said about Peyton... Look how he turned out...

23_Phins_84
02-09-2007, 10:51 PM
1st of all, if Miami has a pick in the top 10 next year -- chances are Brady Quinn wouldn't have anything to do with it. If he is drafted by Miami, he probably won't play a down.

Secondly, unless you were being sarcastic -- I must mention that the saying goes "Finding a needle in a haystack" not "Finding hay in a needle stack"... I think most will still understand.

My opinion, Brady Quinn will be a monster in the NFL. What's being said about him not winning the big games in college is exactly what was said about Peyton... Look how he turned out...

no, I meant finding hay in a needle stack. "only setting yourself up for pain and misery"

ADDiKT
02-09-2007, 10:53 PM
oh....ok.... =)

Vertical Limit
02-09-2007, 10:58 PM
1 star.

VT Dolphan
02-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Dear reader,

I respect your opinion and all, but nowhere in that mini-rant did you list one reason as to WHY Quinn will be a bust. Personally, I would be ecstatic to get Quinn, while I'm not sure that he will pan out, I'd consider him a fairly safe qb prospect. He has a strong arm, is a very smart decision maker and is a very NFL-ready prospect.

Also, you list Matt Leinart as a bust simply because Arizona has a bad offensive line? First, it was his rookie season so there are some growing pains to be expected, and he actually did have a pretty good year. Second, how is it Leinarts fault the o-line is so bad?

LarryFinFan
02-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Geez, what a pessimist for such a youngster...You should always look on the brighter sides of things. I'm not so sure that Quinn will be 'our savior', should we have the opportunity to draft him, but forgive me for being and optimist and saying that you could be wrong....

At any rate, I'm not one of those who believe that Quinn is the next Brady and neither do I feel that just because he was groomed for a year under Weis he'll be inclined to turn out that way, but the fact is that IF we have the opportunity to chance a player that MAY be a successful QB at this level, we should take it and not look back...

Stitches
02-09-2007, 11:03 PM
I respect your opinion and all, but nowhere in that mini-rant did you list one reason as to WHY Quinn will be a bust. Personally, I would be ecstatic to get Quinn, while I'm not sure that he will pan out, I'd consider him a fairly safe qb prospect. He has a strong arm, is a very smart decision maker and is a very NFL-ready prospect.

Also, you list Matt Leinart as a bust simply because Arizona has a bad offensive line? First, it was his rookie season so there are some growing pains to be expected, and he actually did have a pretty good year. Second, how is it Leinarts fault the o-line is so bad?

The bolded is exactly what I was going to say. you think he will be a bust because some fans say he will be the next Tom Brady? Great reasoning there buddy. :shakeno:

SpencerFS
02-09-2007, 11:11 PM
You never really if he will be a next brady. But he does have a strong arm good size and is pretty good at reading offenses thats what we need.I would be excited if he were to fall to us. We need cam to mold us a future phin QB. And he has a fairly good chance of being a good NFL QB in the future will see what happens

DonShula84
02-10-2007, 12:21 AM
You've never seen Leinart/Manning or Quinn play have you?

DonShula84
02-10-2007, 12:22 AM
The bolded is exactly what I was going to say. you think he will be a bust because some fans say he will be the next Tom Brady? Great reasoning there buddy. :shakeno:

Id leave out the respect your opinion part to be honest

67Stang
02-10-2007, 12:49 AM
I think Quinn could be a good QB if put in the right situation. I however hope we don't draft him, as we need to many other things. As far as Leinart and Eli Manning go. I think they are right where they should be. A QB really doesn't start to blossem until his 3rd or 4th year. Not every one has a team around them like Big Ben did 2 seasons ago. I hope we pick up a dominating O- lineman. I miss Richmond Webb, Dan never had to worry about his back.

PhinsRock
02-10-2007, 12:58 AM
I don't want to draft Quinn, but certainly would understand if we did. You give a simple opinion but nothing to back it up. Have you even seen Brady, Leinart or Manning play? 1 star for sure. Come back when you're ready to back up your opinions with logic, facts, or sound reasoning, not just the opinion of a kid whom I've been watching football since 38 years before you were even born.

junkyardkid
02-10-2007, 04:17 AM
I agree with 67stang.

dolphinfan0762
02-10-2007, 05:07 AM
i dont think i can go another season not knowing if CPEP is ready to play or not, plus, we already know what we have in JOEY. if quinn is there at #9 we draft him nobrainer.

Batman13
02-10-2007, 05:08 AM
I think Brady Quinn will dissapoint because he had trouble with every fast defense he played in college. In the pro's, all the defenses are fast. How's that?

finfansince72
02-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Im for starting Culpepper and not drafting Quinn, I dont think Quinn will be a great NFL starter, just decent and never as good as Culpepper at his best. We need to give Culpepper a real shot, drafting Quinn is a waste when we have a better Qb on the roster in his prime IMO.

NorFlaFin
02-10-2007, 08:29 AM
My favorite QB pick is already playing in Hawaii. Too bad hes' at the Univ of Hawaii.

Brady Quinn? I think hes the best in this years draft.

GEORGIA FIN
02-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Alex Smith looked pathetic his rookie season for the 49rs, but did you see him last year. What a huge improvement. I'm not saying he's the second coming of Montana, but he has begun to develop. Many Qbs need a year or two to develop to the speed and complexness of the game. Quinn already has two seasons of running an NFL style offense with NFL style playbooks which should help speed up his learning curve. You just can't pass judgement on a players first year. Leinart will be a good QB once there is an Oline to block for him. I don't want Quinn to be the next Brady, I want him to be the Brady killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NE DOLFAN
02-10-2007, 10:58 AM
I am normally against spending a hight 1st round pick on a QB because of the high bust rate at that positon. But I think in a lot of cases a QB's success depends on the type of system and the coaching by the NFL team that drafts him. Some QB are busts because they're just not NFL caliber, and I think some are busts because they're put in a bad environment where they're not handled properly. If Jimmmy Johnson, or Wannstedt, or even Saban was still our HC, I think drafting Quinn would be too risky. But I wouldn't mind having Cameron work with Quinn, helping him to develop gradually, instead of throwing him to the wolves right away. That might pay big dividends for us down the road.

But I don't want to trade up to get Quinn, because I'm sick of giving away draft choices. I'm fine with taking him at #9, but we have too many needs at other positions to give up additional picks to get Quinn.

Ohio Fanatic
02-10-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't want to draft Quinn, but certainly would understand if we did. You give a simple opinion but nothing to back it up. Have you even seen Brady, Leinart or Manning play? 1 star for sure. Come back when you're ready to back up your opinions with logic, facts, or sound reasoning, not just the opinion of a kid whom I've been watching football since 38 years before you were even born.

here's an idea. The original poster is only 16. So instead of reaming him
for being a young, less knowledgeable poster, how about cutting him a little slack. There are many other threads in this forum that are much worse. This may be a one-star post, doesn't mean you have to make it even worse.

musphinzfan
02-10-2007, 11:53 AM
I have a Feeling if Quinn falls to us Carolina will be willing to send us a 2nd rd pick to snag quinn or we take him if he falls to us.

Finsfan1984
02-10-2007, 11:56 AM
i dont think i can go another season not knowing if CPEP is ready to play or not, plus, we already know what we have in JOEY. if quinn is there at #9 we draft him nobrainer.

Absolutely, no doubt about it!!

Quinn will be a good pro QB for the following reasons...
1. Strong Arm
2. Accurate arm
3. Can throw any pass, and throw it from any angle
4. Can check off quickly and throw to the 2nd or even 3rd option.
5. Very athletic, can scramble
6. Charasmatic leader
7. Solid frame, good size
8. Very strong physically, can take a beating (as he proved his 1st 2 years)
9. Very strong mentally, (as he proved his 1st 2 years)
10. Intelligent player, can read the defense
11. Can rally a team around him
12. Can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat
13. Very confident, doesnt get rattled
14. Has been coached by a good NFL style coach, with an NFL style offense
and there is no mystery about his ability in an NFL style offense
15. Has got better every year
16. Last but not least, He has BALLS as a QB, hes not afraid to throw the d*** thing, and this may be the most important quality an NFL QB needs!!!

SpencerFS
02-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Absolutely, no doubt about it!!

Quinn will be a good pro QB for the following reasons...
1. Strong Arm
2. Accurate arm
3. Can throw any pass, and throw it from any angle
4. Can check off quickly and throw to the 2nd or even 3rd option.
5. Very athletic, can scramble
6. Charasmatic leader
7. Solid frame, good size
8. Very strong physically, can take a beating (as he proved his 1st 2 years)
9. Very strong mentally, (as he proved his 1st 2 years)
10. Intelligent player, can read the defense
11. Can rally a team around him
12. Can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat
13. Very confident, doesnt get rattled
14. Has been coached by a good NFL style coach, with an NFL style offense
and there is no mystery about his ability in an NFL style offense
15. Has got better every year
16. Last but not least, He has BALLS as a QB, hes not afraid to throw the d*** thing, and this may be the most important quality an NFL QB needs!!!

agree with you 100% there is a good chance he will be a good nfl player

Finsfan1984
02-10-2007, 12:12 PM
agree with you 100% there is a good chance he will be a good nfl player

I really feel we need to draft a QB on the 1st day. I doubt, even though a lot of people are saying that Qninn will be there at #9, that he will be. For a whole year and since the draft last year, most experts said he would be the 1st overall pick, and certainly a top 5 pick. I hope he falls to us, but I doubt it.

Besides Quinn, I like Stanton or Kolb, in the 2nd or 3rd respectfully...Both have upside that I like and both have strong arms and are athletic...

djphinfan
02-10-2007, 12:25 PM
This thread is pointless and i'll tell you why,even if quinn drops to us were not going to take him,when are you people going to accept the fact that we have DAUNTE FREAKIN CULPEPPER,no matter what anyone says,the guy is healthy,talented and angry.

The dolphin organization is moving forward with Daunte and Cleo Lemon as our 2nd stringer,who by the way is really a good QB in his own right.

Why do some of you protest this fact,your only wasting your breath about wanting to draft this guy or wanting to trade for that guy.

We quite possibly have two great QB'S on our roster and some of you don't seem to realize that

please don't waste more of your time by throwing out meaningless statistics about when daunte did'nt have Randy moss he was'nt any good,it really shows your football IQ, or lack thereof.

All i'am sayin here is we all used to watch Daunte play football up in minnesota and we were in awe,at least i was,i remember us going up there and being scared for our team when he would drop back,he was leathal, passing and running,i remember him playing with our defense like theY were high schoolers,,DON'T YOU ALL REMEMBER THAT. how quickly you all forget.

The man has been getting leaner stronger and quicker for two years now,,give him some respect for trying to come back too soon,,HE DID THAT FOR US BY THE WAY.
Lastly i will say this about Cleo,,i broke down the film on him in that indy game and let me say this,he was outstanding in his first professional start against the world champs and i'am sure our staff feels the same way after watching the tape,,smooth,smart with a rocket for an arm.

Were set guys,deal with it, embrace it, accept it, and for some of you TAKE THE HIT.

tay0365
02-10-2007, 03:11 PM
I think Brady Quinn will dissapoint because he had trouble with every fast defense he played in college. In the pro's, all the defenses are fast. How's that?

Year.......GP.......Comp.......Att.........Yds........Comp% ......TD.....INT...
2003.......12........157........332........1,831.......47.3%.........9......15.....
2004.......12........191........353........2,586.......54.1%........17.....10.....
2005.......11........263........405........3,633.......64.9%........32......7.....
2006.......13........289........467........3,426.......61.9%........37......7......
Totals....48........900......1,557.....11,476.....57.8%.......95.....39.....

*He had a bad start his 1st year, then in his 2nd year with still no Wies (Which proves he was already showing good talent) he had a pretty good year, then when Coached by Wies in his last two years, he looked great.

True, he did look bad at times especially in his 4th year, but check out what he had around him, it is amazing he still able to have as great year as he did.

tay0365
02-10-2007, 03:14 PM
My favorite QB pick is already playing in Hawaii. Too bad hes' at the Univ of Hawaii.

Brady Quinn? I think hes the best in this years draft.

We can't wait for Cody, we may not have a chance next year to get a top QB, this is our chance, and we need to take Brady if he falls to us.

tay0365
02-10-2007, 03:35 PM
This thread is pointless and i'll tell you why,even if quinn drops to us were not going to take him,when are you people going to accept the fact that we have DAUNTE FREAKIN CULPEPPER,no matter what anyone says,the guy is healthy,talented and angry.

So umm, when did you talk to Daunte?

Did you guys work out hard, and he proved to you he is ready for next year?

How many 240 - 300+ linemen did you throw at him to see how well he moves?

Did he complete most of his passes, or at least make the right decision on most of his attempts?

This is really great news. You are so confident Daunte is ready, that you are willing to blow Miami rare chance of getting a possible franchise QB to groom for the future, because the 30 year old QB Miami is back from his injury. You must know this for a fact, I am sure you would not just guess because you like Daunte. I am sure Cam agrees with you, and has no intention of getting himself insurance just in case Daunte is not able to be the QB he once was, because after all, you know for a fact that this year he really is ready, unlike last year, when we were told he was 100%, but really wasn't.

finfan54
02-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Dear reader,

I can hear what you say. I think the bowl game of Russell vs. Quinn you saw a difference between the two. However, at number nine, I would find it hard to pass on him unless Cam and co. have another QB in mind in round two. I think Quinn can play the position and is a leader, but he may take more time to develope than some might think. Eli Manning is overrated because of his name. He is not a leader and it shows. Too early to tell on Leinert. Leinert has played for a champion. Where Quinn falls to me is all dependant on where he ends up coaching wise and being the right fit.

finfan54
02-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Alex Smith looked pathetic his rookie season for the 49rs, but did you see him last year. What a huge improvement. I'm not saying he's the second coming of Montana, but he has begun to develop. Many Qbs need a year or two to develop to the speed and complexness of the game. Quinn already has two seasons of running an NFL style offense with NFL style playbooks which should help speed up his learning curve. You just can't pass judgement on a players first year. Leinart will be a good QB once there is an Oline to block for him. I don't want Quinn to be the next Brady, I want him to be the Brady killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is true. If anyone was objective, you could say that Peyton Manning sucked bad for a couple of years before he turned it lose.