PDA

View Full Version : Merged: why quinn? just cant see why all the love?

aquaman
02-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Seriously guys... whats with the Quinn hard-on? There have been better looking qbs that have come out of college,with better arm strength and have been duds... this guy just doesnt have that"wow" factor I look for in a qb. I just dont see it...maybe someone can change my mind as I am all for getting a franchise qb. Truly, I think this is not the guy. We can grab a few players at 9 that can play now rather than 2-3 yrs down the line. This team needs an injection of youth and players who can have impacts early. L Brown,Jarret,Ginn,Gaines Adams etc.. hell I even like trading our second in a package to get back in to late rd 1 and grab buster davis for mlb. Sorry,quinns not on my radar. I felt better about rivers and cutler when they were coming out, maybe some of you are just looking for our own Brady but its not coming from Notre Dame

FinNasty
02-10-2007, 07:29 PM
I had a really strong feeling about Rivers... not so much Cutler. I really like Brady Quinn. I like other players better, like Gaines Adams, Branch, CJ, and JThomas... but if all of those are gone, and they have pushed Quinn down to 9... I am down to take him. However, I wouldnt mind if we took Levi Brown or Landry either...

SQuinn17
02-10-2007, 07:35 PM
im not amazed with quinn either...i'd rather take a dwayne jarrett, teddy ginn or a lineman and stanton in the second round.

DonShula84
02-10-2007, 07:35 PM
maybe some of you are just looking for our own Brady but its not coming from Notre Dame

Not sure why him coming from Notre Dame hurts his chance of being a good pro player.

aquaman
02-10-2007, 07:37 PM
just saying..our franchise qb is not coming form there but , judging from your sig you seem to think so.

WISfinfan13
02-10-2007, 07:41 PM
ok during Quinn's entire career i was very hesitant on taking him. Never did anything to really impress me. But the more i think about it the better im feeling. If you look at his numbers they are solid for a guy who throws alot. I like that fact. He never did do too well in bowl games, but i believe that Nortre Dame doesnt have the top notch athletes on the field, YET. When Weis came thats when all the top notch guys stated coming and i believe now once you see his recruiting classes hitting the field they will be truely competitive. I guess all that jubberish was making excusses for Brady Quinn never winning the big game. Playing under Weis, a pro style offense, Brady Quinn will be ready to play very quickly and believe if put in the right system (like tom brady) he can be successful. I believe that if Brady Quinn is there Cam Cameron will jump all of him. He wants a young guy who can groom into his style and i believe if there Brady Quinn is ours.

But with that being said i think it will be along shot for him to be around when pick as i expect him to do well in his workout and believe that he will be an Oakland Raider or Cleveland Brown...

Lisle Phin Fan
02-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Quinn is pre-groomed, but before he was groomed he wasn't as special

we could get another guy later in the draft who is just as good, but didn't benefit from Weis and Notre Dame talent

guys like Stanton and Edwards

FinNasty
02-10-2007, 07:48 PM
He also is Cameron's type of QB. Like Brees and Rivers, Quinn is a standard drop back pocket passer...

aquaman
02-10-2007, 07:48 PM
I see your point my man but I still cant agree. if you look at cutler and rivers play back in college,they had top notch competion and you can make a case for their athletes not being to great either (vany and ncs) and those guys looked like studs all the way, hell even lienert,whom I was not high on either was still a better qb and I could have made a case for us taking him if the chance had come. Quinn is just another pretty boy qb whos getting alot of hype, hes not our "marino" hes not our savior at that position. Quinns the bridesmaid not the bride. Someone else can have him.

FinNasty
02-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Quinn is pre-groomed, but before he was groomed he wasn't as special

we could get another guy later in the draft who is just as good, but didn't benefit from Weis and Notre Dame talent

guys like Stanton and Edwards

Talent? How much talent did Notre Dame have? Besides Jeff Symargiaielaneishslsa... he didnt have anyone else of serious talent. ND blows...

FinNasty
02-10-2007, 07:54 PM
I see your point my man but I still cant agree. if you look at cutler and rivers play back in college,they had top notch competion and you can make a case for their athletes not being to great either (vany and ncs) and those guys looked like studs all the way, hell even lienert,whom I was not high on either was still a better qb and I could have made a case for us taking him if the chance had come. Quinn is just another pretty boy qb whos getting alot of hype, hes not our "marino" hes not our savior at that position. Quinns the bridesmaid not the bride. Someone else can have him.

I never thought Cutler looked like a "stud"... just a raw QB with potential.

Rivers is great... I loved him coming out of college. I thought he was easily going to be the best QB in that draft...

But I have watched Quinn, and he has alot of the tools Cutler has... but is much more polished and acclimated to the NFL.

aquaman
02-10-2007, 08:04 PM
I'll tell you why Cutler looked like a stud... without looking at the roster he had at vandy.. who the heck were his WRs? who did he have to throw to at that hot bed of college football Vanderbilt? Quinn at least had by your own admission had that skhskhslhs guy. I agree quinn is polished but I dont see him getting better,think he peaked. He wont be a shuler or leaf but i dont see him being palmer or rivers type either.

Regan21286
02-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Seriously guys... whats with the Quinn hard-on? There have been better looking qbs that have come out of college,with better arm strength and have been duds... this guy just doesnt have that"wow" factor I look for in a qb. I just dont see it...maybe someone can change my mind as I am all for getting a franchise qb. Truly, I think this is not the guy. We can grab a few players at 9 that can play now rather than 2-3 yrs down the line. This team needs an injection of youth and players who can have impacts early. L Brown,Jarret,Ginn,Gaines Adams etc.. hell I even like trading our second in a package to get back in to late rd 1 and grab buster davis for mlb. Sorry,quinns not on my radar. I felt better about rivers and cutler when they were coming out, maybe some of you are just looking for our own Brady but its not coming from Notre Dame

Arm strength isn't the sole factor in picking QB's. The Chargers learned it the hard way with Ryan Leaf. It's what the QB's got upstairs that makes the difference. And Brady Quinn is the most cerebral QB in this draft. He's not the most physically talented, but then again, neither is Peyton Manning or Tom Brady (who is also a Weis protege). Quinn's adjusted to a pro style offense and a horrendous OL, meaning a transition to the pros is much easier even without considering Weis' comments that Quinn is a fast learner. I get the same feeling about Quinn as I did with Leinart, Cutler, and Rivers. And that's nice company to be with.

It seems like a golden era for 1st round top 20 picked QB's these past 3 years. You've got Rivers, Cutler, Leinart, Smith, Young, Roesthlisberger, Manning, heck even J.P. Losman is doing fine. It's about time we join that bandwagon before it passes us.

aquaman
02-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Arm strength isn't the sole factor in picking QB's. The Chargers learned it the hard way with Ryan Leaf. It's what the QB's got upstairs that makes the difference. And Brady Quinn is the most cerebral QB in this draft. He's not the most physically talented, but then again, neither is Peyton Manning or Tom Brady (who is also a Weis protege). Quinn's adjusted to a pro style offense and a horrendous OL, meaning a transition to the pros is much easier even without considering Weis' comments that Quinn is a fast learner. I get the same feeling about Quinn as I did with Leinart, Cutler, and Rivers. And that's nice company to be with.

It seems like a golden era for 1st round top 20 picked QB's these past 3 years. You've got Rivers, Cutler, Leinart, Smith, Young, Roesthlisberger, Manning, heck even J.P. Losman is doing fine. It's about time we join that bandwagon before it passes us.

Brother , I'll put it this way... you know how some girls are pretty and others are sexy? well quinn is just pretty and me I'd take a sexy girl over a pretty one any day.

Caldolfan
02-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Say no to Quinn, culpepper will be the man.

Regan21286
02-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Brother , I'll put it this way... you know how some girls are pretty and others are sexy? well quinn is just pretty and me I'd take a sexy girl over a pretty one any day.

Haha, well Charlie Weis thinks Quinn is as sexy as Tom Brady. That's sexy enough for me. And pretty is way better than 3 ugly fat girls (think fat chick from that movie Norbit), which is what we currently have.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Talent? How much talent did Notre Dame have? Besides Jeff Symargiaielaneishslsa

just because you hate Notre Dame, doesn't invalidate my point

besides Samardzija they have 3 or 4 other offensive players who will be in the NFL next year

now tell me about the Michigan State and Stanford offensive players who will be drafted next year, this oughta be good

Regan21286
02-10-2007, 08:26 PM

besides Samardzija they have 3 or 4 other offensive players who will be in the NFL next year

now tell me about the Michigan State and Stanford offensive players who will be drafted next year, this oughta be good

Tell me about that horrid ND offensive line. All the weapons in the world won't matter if that line keeps letting pressure get to Quinn. And with that line, it happens often yet Brady's able to put up nice stats, and more importantly, wins.

utahphinsfan
02-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Not sure why him coming from Notre Dame hurts his chance of being a good pro player.

There has been Ron Powlus, Rick Mirer, & Jarious Jackson... hardly a stellar track record.

Feidler & Feeley had better pro career than the 3 above.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Tell me about that horrid ND offensive line. All the weapons in the world won't matter if that line keeps letting pressure get to Quinn. And with that line, it happens often yet Brady's able to put up nice stats, and more importantly, wins.

good grief

DonShula84
02-10-2007, 08:44 PM
just saying..our franchise qb is not coming form there but , judging from your sig you seem to think so.

No, I just dont see why a qb cant come from there. Was hoping you could explain it

DonShula84
02-10-2007, 08:44 PM
There has been Ron Powlus, Rick Mirer, & Jarious Jackson... hardly a stellar track record.

And ND uses the same scheme as was used with those players so that makes perfect sense...

FinNasty
02-10-2007, 08:50 PM

I dont hate Notre Dame in any way... they just arnt that good besides Quinn.

What 3 or 4 other offensive players are going to be good? Ryan Harris isnt that good... and neither is Darius Walker...

aquaman
02-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Haha, well Charlie Weis thinks Quinn is as sexy as Tom Brady. That's sexy enough for me. And pretty is way better than 3 ugly fat girls (think fat chick from that movie Norbit), which is what we currently have.

yeah maybe a pic will help with the sexy analogy:

Pretty

http://www.music-atlas.com/images/faith_hill_2.jpg

Sexy
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=vida+guerra&ei=UTF-8&fr=yie7c&x=wrt

See what I mean?:D

Lisle Phin Fan
02-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I dont hate Notre Dame in any way... they just arnt that good besides Quinn.

What 3 or 4 other offensive players are going to be good? Ryan Harris isnt that good... and neither is Darius Walker...

what ever dude

aquaman
02-10-2007, 08:53 PM
No, I just dont see why a qb cant come from there. Was hoping you could explain it

dude,your killing me... its not that he cant come from ND its that HE (quinn) is not the guy. But if you really want to know, I guess Mirer,Powlus and that whole bunch did not get too good playing those tough Army games. So no, aside from Joe montana I cant remember the last ND qb to make it after him. let it go already... quinns not going to be the man down here.

zonk4ever
02-10-2007, 09:03 PM
this guy just doesnt have that"wow" factor I look for in a qb. I just dont see it...maybe someone can change my mind as I am all for getting a franchise qb. Truly, I think this is not the guy.

I think the "WOW" is overrated. You can't get anymore "WOW" when Vince Young singlehandledly won the national championship for Texas, yet he was ripped as a mental midget and slid down. Yes Quinn has had bad bowl games... and Peyton Manning had bad playoff games until this year . This is the first time in 10 years i'm not agonizing over this pick. If the fish take Quinn @ 9 I' m fine with it because Cameron knows quarterbacks as good as anyone else in the league. He knows what it takes to be a NFL caliber QB. :D

aquaman
02-10-2007, 09:06 PM
=I think the "WOW" is overrated. You can't get anymore "WOW" when Vince Young singlehandledly won the national championship for Texas, yet he was ripped as a mental midget and slid down. Yes Quinn has had bad bowl games... and Peyton Manning had bad playoff games until this year . This is the first time in 10 years i'm not agonizing over this pick. If the fish take Quinn @ 9 I' m fine with it because Cameron knows quarterbacks as good as anyone else in the league. He knows what it takes to be a NFL caliber QB. :D[/QUOTE]

So he wont take Quinn then, I can rest tonight,thank you.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Quinn won't fall to us anyways

FinNasty
02-10-2007, 09:25 PM
what ever dude

:confused:

What? Which players were you talking about?

Lisle Phin Fan
02-10-2007, 09:46 PM

you answer my question first

FinNasty
02-10-2007, 09:56 PM
you answer my question first

None...

They sucked too... whats your point?

Lisle Phin Fan
02-10-2007, 09:59 PM
my point was stated earlier, learn to read English and then read it again

Stitches
02-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Ok, I can understand criticisms of Quinn when they are actually logical, but I refuse to care about someone's opinion of Quinn if they want to trade back into the late first for Buster Davis(the LB) of all players.

DonShula84
02-10-2007, 10:02 PM
dude,your killing me... its not that he cant come from ND its that HE (quinn) is not the guy. But if you really want to know, I guess Mirer,Powlus and that whole bunch did not get too good playing those tough Army games. So no, aside from Joe montana I cant remember the last ND qb to make it after him. let it go already... quinns not going to be the man down here.

I have no problem thinking he shouldnt be our pick, but why his school was the deciding factor was odd to me. And just because you say he wont be the man down here it suddenly becomes gospel and we all should think like you do?

Stitches
02-10-2007, 10:03 PM

He never said Quinn would be the man down here, he just thinks Quinn's talents and tangibles translate well to the NFL game. And most people who are good judges of talent think so too.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-10-2007, 10:05 PM

Darius Walker

Rhema McKnight

Dan Santucci

Ryan Harris

Stitches
02-10-2007, 10:06 PM
I have no problem thinking he shouldnt be our pick, but why his school was the deciding factor was odd to me. And just because you say he wont be the man down here it suddenly becomes gospel and we all should think like you do?

Jealous maybe?

How many good Penn State running backs were there in the NFL from recent memory prior to Larry Johnson? There were 3 highly drafted wash outs that I can think of. But guess what? That has zero determination with how well an individual player will be, everyone is different.

Stitches
02-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Darius Walker

Rhema McKnight

Dan Santucci

Ryan Harris

None of those players were overwhelmingly good. Quinn was far and away the best player on that team. I know ND is consistently overrated, but without Quinn they would have only been viewed as a top 25 team(not top 10), and that still would have been an overrated team.

Crowder52
02-10-2007, 10:10 PM
I don't understand why everyone states Quinn suffered from a lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Smarzidja and Mcknight made a fine pair of college receivers, and Darius Walker had back to back 1200 yard seasons. I do know that the offensive line wasn't great.

Here's the thing though...look at the teams ND played. It's not like Cutler, with his lack of talent, going up against LSU, UF, Tennessee, etc every week. ND was far more talented than all but three teams they played, those being Michigan, USC, and LSU.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...it doesn't matter how talented your team is as long as it is more talented than your opponents.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-10-2007, 10:12 PM
None of those players were overwhelmingly good. Quinn was far and away the best player on that team. I know ND is consistently overrated, but without Quinn they would have only been viewed as a top 25 team(not top 10), and that still would have been an overrated team.

my point was that they had much more talent that Michigan State and Stanford

its like herding cats

Lisle Phin Fan
02-10-2007, 10:13 PM
I don't understand why everyone states Quinn suffered from a lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Smarzidja and Mcknight made a fine pair of college receivers, and Darius Walker had back to back 1200 yard seasons. I do know that the offensive line wasn't great.

Here's the thing though...look at the teams ND played. It's not like Cutler, with his lack of talent, going up against LSU, UF, Tennessee, etc every week. ND was far more talented than all but three teams they played, those being Michigan, USC, and LSU.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...it doesn't matter how talented your team is as long as it is more talented than your opponents.

finally another unbiased opinion

Stitches
02-10-2007, 10:16 PM
my point was that they had much more talent that Michigan State and Stanford

its like herding cats

So what if they had more talent?

Oklahoma had more talent than Boise State. That doesn't mean you always play up to your talent as a team, or that you have the better coached team.

I really don't understand the herding cats remark. :confused:

Stitches
02-10-2007, 10:17 PM

Weren't those the only 3 games they lost last year? :confused:

I'd say Quinn suffered more from OL struggles and a collapsing defense more than anything.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-10-2007, 10:19 PM
So what if they had more talent?

Oklahoma had more talent than Boise State. That doesn't mean you always play up to your talent as a team, or that you have the better coached team.

I really don't understand the herding cats remark. :confused:

I wasn't arguing with you, so don't try and understand

you might hurt yourself

Stitches
02-10-2007, 10:23 PM
I wasn't arguing with you, so don't try and understand

you might hurt yourself

I'm glad you have such a condescending tone at your disposal. Good work.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-10-2007, 10:24 PM
sorry but you are the head cat now

Crowder52
02-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Weren't those the only 3 games they lost last year? :confused:

I'd say Quinn suffered more from OL struggles and a collapsing defense more than anything.

Yes, those were the only games they lost all year. So they weren't able to beat (or even compete with) a single team that was more talented than they were, only inferior teams. Going back to Jay Cutler, I watched him almost single-handedly take UF to overtime when his team was so overmatched it wasn't even funny.

Stitches
02-10-2007, 10:25 PM
sorry but you are the had cat now

I'm glad you think I'm at the head of something. I can rest easy now.

DonShula84
02-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Yes, those were the only games they lost all year. So they weren't able to beat (or even compete with) a single team that was more talented than they were, only inferior teams. Going back to Jay Cutler, I watched him almost single-handedly take UF to overtime when his team was so overmatched it wasn't even funny.

I saw Quinn do it last year against USC. Bad teams will take Vandy for granted, allowing them to sneak up on teams they have no business competing against. No team is going to take ND lightly even if they know they outmatch ND.

aquaman
hey stitches, buster davis will be a good lb in the nfl. my comment was out of sarcasm not being real... i do think Buster will be there in late second,early 3rd and we should pick him up to have someone behind Zach.

As far as Quinn goes, my word is not all mighty. I have a strong opinion of the guy and dont think he'll be that good, if we are going to take a player that high at THE most important position in the nfl it shouldnt be Brady Quinn. You all can think whatever you want, its my opinion and right now to me the only one that matters. I hope we dont waste a top 10 pick on this guy is all. Damn you young fans are so sensitive.

Stitches

What was the score of the UF-Vandy game? (Just curious, because I have no clue, and only got the pleasure of watching Cutler in 2 games)

It is just my opinion that the downfalls of ND in those 3 games were more a result of OL play and poor defense than anything Quinn could have done himself.

Stitches
02-10-2007, 10:30 PM
hey stitches, buster davis will be a good lb in the nfl. my comment was out of sarcasm not being real... ido think Buster will be there in late second,early 3rd and we shoudl pick him up to have someone behind Zach.

As far as Quinn goes, my word is not all mighty. I have a striong opinion of the guy and dont think he'll be that good, if we are going to take a player that high at THE most important position in the nfl it shouldnt be Brady Quinn. You all can think whatever you want, its my opinion and right now to me the only one that matters. I hope we dont waste a top 10 pick on this guy is all. Dam you young fans are so sensitive.

Ok, didn't know it was sarcasm. Some people are serious when they make similar comments. I don't thin davis will be anything more than like what Derrick Pope is in the NFL, but I hope your opinion of him is right. However, we don't need to draft a replacement for Zach, the replacement is Crowder. We really need to draft 2 OLBs (one current starter, and one to take over for Crowder once he shifts over).

Lisle Phin Fan
02-10-2007, 10:30 PM
we should not worry about a QB we can't draft anyways

Crowder52
02-10-2007, 10:35 PM
What was the score of the UF-Vandy game? (Just curious, because I have no clue, and only got the pleasure of watching Cutler in 2 games)

It is just my opinion that the downfalls of ND in those 3 games were more a result of OL play and poor defense than anything Quinn could have done himself.

UF - Vandy game was 49-42 in double OT. And I'm definitely not blaming those 3 losses on Quinn, that would be ridiculous. What I'm saying is that if we are gonna make this "less talent" argument, then what did he do with it? He beat the teams that were worse than his, and lost to the teams that were better. It's not like he took this less talented team and scored upset wins over better ones.

aquaman
02-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Ok, didn't know it was sarcasm. Some people are serious when they make similar comments. I don't thin davis will be anything more than like what Derrick Pope is in the NFL, but I hope your opinion of him is right. However, we don't need to draft a replacement for Zach, the replacement is Crowder. We really need to draft 2 OLBs (one current starter, and one to take over for Crowder once he shifts over).

I agree Crowder should be able to slide in and play mlb but hes not doing a bad job as olb and i would hate to have a guy come in as a rookie(assuming we dont pick up a FA) and learn that position,its the old "if it aint broke..."

I have seen alot of fsu football ( miami fan) and like what buster has done there. He reminds me of a poor mans Vilma...seriously. I too hope I'm right on him , unless hes on another team,then I could care less. :D

Stitches
02-10-2007, 10:37 PM
UF - Vandy game was 49-42 in double OT. And I'm definitely not blaming those 3 losses on Quinn, that would be ridiculous. What I'm saying is that if we are gonna make this "less talent" argument, then what did he do with it? He beat the teams that were worse than his, and lost to the teams that were better. It's not like he took this less talented team and scored upset wins over better ones.

Ok, I get what you are saying now. :wink:

Crowder52
02-10-2007, 10:37 PM
I saw Quinn do it last year against USC. Bad teams will take Vandy for granted, allowing them to sneak up on teams they have no business competing against. No team is going to take ND lightly even if they know they outmatch ND.

I think that is just a pretty poor way to diminish Cutler's accomplishments.

aquaman
02-10-2007, 10:38 PM

I agree, he did not make them that much better vs their top competition. He played well vs the teams he was supposed too and did nothing to special vs the teams that were a bit better.

phins3454
02-10-2007, 10:50 PM

I guess you have never watched him play...

37 TD passes

7 INTS

3426 yards

62% completion

what else do you want?

FinNasty
02-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Darius Walker

Rhema McKnight

Dan Santucci

Ryan Harris

You talk as if these are all potential first rounders that he was playing with. Those guys arnt great... and wont go before the 3rd round at best...

aquaman
02-10-2007, 10:55 PM

37 TD passes

7 INTS

3426 yards

62% completion

what else do you want?

a win vs a good team. that guy on your sig though... he could be a player, i like him.

DonShula84
02-10-2007, 10:56 PM
I think that is just a pretty poor way to diminish Cutler's accomplishments.

Not at all. He still has to play well. It takes away how much stock I place in one game, but that speaks to his entire team, not him. Besides it's the truth, people are more likely to take Vandy lightly than ND letting them sneak up on teams.

DonShula84
02-10-2007, 10:58 PM
a win vs a good team. that guy on your sig though... he could be a player, i like him.

Why is it that when Stantons team is choking seemingly once a month he gets a pass? Stanton isnt beating good teams, yet he gets a pass. I'm confused by people who use arguments against Quinn, then give other QBs a pass for those samethings.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-10-2007, 10:58 PM
You talk as if these are all potential first rounders that he was playing with. Those guys arnt great... and wont go before the 3rd round at best...

no I didn't, I said that they had more talent than MSU and Stanford

putting words in my mouth is low and desperate, you should be proud

FinNasty
02-10-2007, 11:06 PM
no I didn't, I said that they had more talent than MSU and Stanford

putting words in my mouth is low and desperate, you should be proud

You are so ready to fight... chill the **** out...

My point was... is that neither had great talent around them. Quinn's was marginally better... but neither offense had any real great talent (other than Symargjaiehaliehvifa)

Crowder52
02-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Lisle Phin Fan is awesome. He is quite possibly the most belligerent poster I've ever seen.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-10-2007, 11:09 PM
forget it dude

either you are illiterate or just lack any class

I am done

aquaman
02-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Why is it that when Stantons team is choking seemingly once a month he gets a pass? Stanton isnt beating good teams, yet he gets a pass. I'm confused by people who use arguments against Quinn, then give other QBs a pass for those samethings.

because,if we are going to pick a guy and have him sit 2-3 yrs Id rather stanton. quinn to me has topped out and has a low ceiling,stanton has ,imo a high ceiling and should be better than quinn.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-10-2007, 11:10 PM
if someone put words in your mouth you would be belligerent too

if you had any pride

FinNasty
02-10-2007, 11:21 PM
forget it dude

I am done

What?!?!

Illiterate or lack class?? How so? What the hell did I even do???

2413fanphins
02-10-2007, 11:29 PM
it should be noted that quinn had at least four to five games a year throughout his career that he could just absolutely light it up.

air force, navy, army, stanford and usually UNC.

none of these teams scream watch out.

thats roughly fifteen games out of quinns career that he could have great numbers.

I'm not saying the big ten is a powerhouse, but certainly playing ohio state, michigan, wisconsin, penn state and even iowa is much harder than playing against the above mentioned.

I would further agree with a previous statement that stanton seems to have a higher ceiling than quinn.

To be fair though, both qb's would probably accell under cams thumb.

I have said all along that I would rather address another need with our first rounder, before we take quinn. There are only about three guys I would use our ninth pick on, russell, johnson and thomas. past that I would seriously consider trading our pick with someone to get more picks in this years draft.

we'll see

DonShula84
02-10-2007, 11:36 PM
All the Big 10 schools have cupcakes on their schedule too. The bottom of the Big 10 is as bad as the teams ND plays, plus they have some out of conference cupcakes. It's funny you list Big 10 teams and ND played 2 of them. I mean MSU played Idaho, Eastern Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Northwestern.

Also, this is the first time in Quinns career that he played all 3 Academies in the same year. Previously he only played Navy. He has also only played UNC once. So the 15 games in his career comment is just false.

As for Stanton having a higher ceiling, that's just a nice way to say he hasnt lived up to his potential in college. Who knows if he will in the pros.

finns13
02-11-2007, 12:22 AM
most people hate ND. If Quinn is the best player at that spot we need to take him. Iam tired of filling needs, take the talent. Iam a Clemson guy and Gaines if the real deal, but he does take a play off from time to time.

Elliott 1
02-11-2007, 01:46 AM
What makes Quinn so much better than Edwards? What makes Quinn light years ahead of Jared Zabransky. Zabransky's stats are just as good as Quinn's and he is a way better athlete and scrambler. We could probably get Zabransky with a 6th or 7th.

finfansince72
02-11-2007, 02:13 AM
Talent? How much talent did Notre Dame have? Besides Jeff Symargiaielaneishslsa... he didnt have anyone else of serious talent. ND blows...

How was Notre Dame ranked in the top 5 in all the preseason polls with no talent? They had the coaching and a ton of talent to compete with the good teams, they got beat down by the good teams regardless. They might have been overrated in the preseason but to act as though they were devoid of talent is just an excuse to justify why they didnt win big games. I dont blame Quinn exclusively for them not winning big games, I think hes going to be a decent pro, I just dont see him lighting the league up and I think Culpepper is a way better pro than Quinn will ever be.

uga3406
02-11-2007, 02:17 AM
i think 1 thing that people seem to forget is that nd defense stunk and every time u look up quinn knew he had to score on almost possession so sometimes i think he forced things way 2 much..good thing for us all he is not bringging that sorry nd defense with him to the pros

DonShula84
02-11-2007, 02:57 AM
What makes Quinn so much better than Edwards? What makes Quinn light years ahead of Jared Zabransky. Zabransky's stats are just as good as Quinn's and he is a way better athlete and scrambler. We could probably get Zabransky with a 6th or 7th.

Nothing, that's why scouts have one ranked among the top players in the draft and the other as a late pick. Clearly you know more than them.

The Samurai
02-11-2007, 05:33 PM
forget it dude

I am done

Thank God, your childish comments contributed nothing to the discussion.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Thank God, your childish comments contributed nothing to the discussion.

ohh well, how would you guys feel if you had people bothering you everyday all day. You guys would be jerks too.

uh yeah

:rolleyes2

Lisle Phin Fan
02-11-2007, 05:50 PM

BTW

putting words in someone's mouth is pathetic

:shakeno:

Dol_Fan_4_Ever
02-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Let me add my two cents and hopefully won't get in the crossfire. Both sides seem to have their own points...Quinn hasn't beat powerhouse teams when it counted but on the flip side, it was basically up to Quinn to score everytime the defense let the team down. Ergo, Quinn has QB tools to bring a team back into a game. However, as to years past, imo, Quinn doesn't seem to have the tools as past QB's drafted but not saying he can't learn them. As for the people just looking at arm strength in a QB alone, it never works out. That's why teams drafted Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, and even Tim Couch (god was he horrible). That's why the Phins traded a 2nd round pick for AJ Feely because he has "arm strength". Don't be blinded by one or two things about a player because like someone said before, you'll probably get burned.

J-REMEDY
02-11-2007, 09:39 PM
i think brady quinn would finally bring some talent to the franchise of despair...have the dolphins ever even had a decent QB?

DonShula84
02-11-2007, 10:15 PM
i think brady quinn would finally bring some talent to the franchise of despair...have the dolphins ever even had a decent QB?

Nope

placebo
02-11-2007, 10:19 PM
like i said in my other thread quinn is the safe, wannstedt thing to do.

our team doesnt have losing seasons very often so the #9 pick is a rare chance to move up for a lot less than moving up from the 20+ spot. we need to move up and take russell.

its so sweet we take russell, daunte starts the season and if he cant g
get it done then we go with russell and in 2-3 years cam has russell playing like daunte in 04.

its perfect because daunte can teach russell how to throw 39 tds and they are the same style QB!

the difference between quinn and russell is like the difference between peyton manning and rick mirer.

Tureo
02-11-2007, 10:37 PM

37 TD passes

7 INTS

3426 yards

62% completion

what else do you want?
Alot of us forget that Quinn was just an average to pretty good QB before Weiss came along. I have no problem with drafting him though if Cam thinks he is the best fit for us or if Weiss joins our team as the OC. I am not saying that he wont be a good QB nor do I think that is what this thread is saying. I just dont understand why people are so sold on him versus a QB like Russel. I would have even considered choosing Brohm over Quinn if he had come out.

DonShula84
02-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Alot of us forget that Quinn was just an average to pretty good QB before Weiss came along. I have no problem with drafting him though if Cam thinks he is the best fit for us or if Weiss joins our team as the OC. I am not saying that he wont be a good QB nor do I think that is what this thread is saying. I just dont understand why people are so sold on him versus a QB like Russel. I would have even considered choosing Brohm over Quinn if he had come out.

How good was Russel as a freshman or a sophmore?

The Goat
02-11-2007, 11:59 PM

Well, heck...if you're gonna go back 14 years to make a comparison, (and I can't believe nobody mentioned this in 7 pages), you dang well better bring someone else up with ND's track record of Quarterbacks. Now...I *HATE* Notre Dame, but, how about that Joe Montana guy? Heck, Joe Theismann? Daryle Lamonica?

Okay, Theismann's an idiot, but still - comparing Mirer, Powlus or Jackson to Quinn is as irrelevant as comparing Montana to him. Different coaches, different systems. If he's there at #9, we've GOT to grab him.

placebo
02-12-2007, 12:16 AM
if we are seriously considering taking quinn at #9 then we need to move up and get russell.

qb's like quinn are available every draft, russell is a once every 5 years type of player.

HurriPhin
02-12-2007, 06:20 AM
Im with DonShula84 on this one. I know he's ND homer, but having said that, he has probably watched B Quinn more than anyone here. Quinn may not have that "wow" factor as someone mentioned earlier, but I do believe he can be a team leader who makes solid, smart decisions with the football, and thats the definition of a good QB. The NFL is ever changing but the QB position will always be the same - you need a good drop back passer. In fact the NFL has become quite "pass happy" over the past couple of years. Srambling is a plus when the situation arises, and its exciting from a fan point of view, but IMO a "M. Vick" will never lead his team to a SB.

xSxPxHx
02-15-2007, 12:38 AM
Why is everyone so fond of his guy?..I personally saw him play against USC, and let me tell you, he was being harrased,chased,teased,knocked out, and bullied on almost every play. He looked confused in the pocket and was very hesitant and VERY NERVOUS!....Brady Quinn? C'mon just because his name has BRADY in it....IMO

kegman
02-15-2007, 01:06 AM
yeah maybe a pic will help with the sexy analogy:

Pretty

http://www.music-atlas.com/images/faith_hill_2.jpg

Sexy
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=vida+guerra&ei=UTF-8&fr=yie7c&x=wrt

See what I mean?:D
I preferred the faith hill pic

DonShula84
02-15-2007, 02:40 AM
Why is everyone so fond of his guy?..I personally saw him play against USC, and let me tell you, he was being harrased,chased,teased,knocked out, and bullied on almost every play. He looked confused in the pocket and was very hesitant and VERY NERVOUS!....Brady Quinn? C'mon just because his name has BRADY in it....IMO

You watched one game, clearly an expert. I love how you say how much he was harrased by the defense and then act as though that is his fault. His line cant block for crap, man he is horrible. Makes perfect sense.

nick1
02-15-2007, 12:03 PM
the question is why not Quinn? he has prototypical size, has a strong arm, has a ton of confidence in his accuracy so isn't afraid of making any thows and he has the accuracy to back such confidence. he has more than enough mobility to move around and avoid the rush. but most important, he is very smart. he knows how to read defenses, he makes all the necessary adjustments and knows when to dump off to his back. he has learned from Weis who is one of the best QB teachers out there. he is NFL ready. so again, why not Quinn?

xSxPxHx
02-15-2007, 04:36 PM

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!!...This guy Brady isn't a great QB most people are making him out to be. I saw him in the USC game over here at LA and let me tell you..HE really sucks. Doesnt have good confidence, hesitat with his throws, and can't read the defense really good....BRADY QUINN???...C'mon guys only because he has a BRADY in his name!

DonShula84
02-15-2007, 04:43 PM
EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!!...This guy Brady isn't a great QB most people are making him out to be. I saw him in the USC game over here at LA and let me tell you..HE really sucks. Doesnt have good confidence, hesitat with his throws, and can't read the defense really good....BRADY QUINN???...C'mon guys only because he has a BRADY in his name!

:sidelol: NFL scouts rate him as one of the best players in the draft because Brady is in his name. You're a genius. I'd ask what you thought of Quinn when he played USC last year but it's obvious you dont watch him play.

Regan21286
02-15-2007, 05:35 PM
:sidelol: NFL scouts rate him as one of the best players in the draft because Brady is in his name. You're a genius. I'd ask what you thought of Quinn when he played USC last year but it's obvious you dont watch him play.

If that's the case, why were so many people wanting JAY Cutler? :lol:

Didn't Brady Quinn put up 3 TDs against USC? And was forced to come from behind with his defense giving up 44 points? The guy also went for 2 TDs and 300 yards against us and our pretty good DE's.

CANDolphan
02-15-2007, 05:39 PM

Stop posting your opinion. It's seriously ******ed and honestly, every time I read a post by you or someone like you, its one step closer to making me delete this website off my bookmarks. Im not sure how much more ignorant you can get on a subject but you're starting to take the cake.

wonderl33t
02-15-2007, 06:47 PM

This is absurd. They get top talent year in and year out. They just suck as a team

wonderl33t
02-15-2007, 06:49 PM

I dunno about that. If Quinn looked shook, then JD Booty looked like he was asleep and just had cold water thrown on him.

CANDolphan
02-16-2007, 03:54 AM
This is absurd. They get top talent year in and year out. They just suck as a team

Really? They didnt bring in top talent before Charlie came to town.. go back from 2002 on.. and look at their national rankings.

Honestly, do a TINY bit of research and you'll see