PDA

View Full Version : Trade Up To Bucs Spot?

oodolphins
02-11-2007, 08:17 AM
What do you guys think of the idea of trading up to the Bucs spot (3rd or 4th pick)? I have heard that the Bucs are looking to trade down. The only reason I am saying this is to get Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas. Do you think these guys will be there at 3 or 4? I think one of them will. I am not one to say let's trade up, but I think these two guys are worth it. What would it take to trade up 5 or 6 spots?

What are your thoughts/suggestions/ideas?

Go Fins!!!!! :dolphins:

Geforce
02-11-2007, 08:38 AM
To move up 5 spots will take our 1st and 2nd. To move up 6 spots will take our 1st this year and a 1st next year. Do you think giving up so much will be worth it. Maybe.

LarryFinFan
02-11-2007, 08:42 AM
I think trading up is viable only if the right player is available and the Bucs really want to trade up. The question is do they want to trade up or rape us for draft picks. We've seen how the "use FA to build" works (See Nick Saban...it doesn't), we've seen how the "trade all your picks away" works (Wanny...and it doesn't either). Lets build thru the draft by making good choices and see how that works now. Again, trading up is only viable when you have something to trade and the right player is available. Is Johnson or Thomas that player ?? I just don't know...

Motion
02-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Only if Thomas or Johnson is still available. I'd still be against it though, we need all the draft picks we can get to fill holes. However, those two guys could end up being very special players.

Stitches
02-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Only if Thomas or Johnson is still available. I'd still be against it though, we need all the draft picks we can get to fill holes. However, those two guys could end up being very special players.

That would be the only way I'd consider it, and maybe not even for Thomas. For Johnson I think he is the best player in the draft, but for Thomas if it meant sacrificing the 2nd rounder or next year's first I'd just hope for Brown at 9.

Nicky Napoleon
02-11-2007, 11:27 AM
If Thomas is there at the Bucs pick and all they are asking is our second I dont think we could make that trade fast enough.... That is a stud at a need position.

cnc66
02-11-2007, 11:29 AM
no thank you, we NEED every one of our picks... one of the reasons we are where we are is because we have pissed away our picks, just say no.

sleek
02-11-2007, 11:42 AM
I'd trade up in a heartbeat. If there is a player u want u have to be agressive and go after him, u cant just sit there and hope the players fall into yur lap.Also , id rather have agreat player than two mediocre guys.

GEORGIA FIN
02-11-2007, 11:47 AM
no thank you, we NEED every one of our picks... one of the reasons we are where we are is because we have pissed away our picks, just say no.

Amen to that. Stick with what we've got and make it work.

Gamble
02-11-2007, 11:54 AM
The Bucs have said if they trade down, they want to go no lower than 7. They beleive that there are only 7 top first rounders. That said I would love for the Dolphins to be able to pick one of those two players.

clbrazee
02-11-2007, 11:55 AM
If we trade, trade down. We need our draft picks, and more if we can get them.

finsfan911
02-11-2007, 12:13 PM
NO! NO! NO! NO!

I don't care about the player. It's too risky. We've already skrewed up in drafts before so we need to start rebuilding w/ rookies. You do that through the draft. We're fine at num 9, if anything we trade to go to num 13 or 14.

DUB
02-11-2007, 12:32 PM
What do you guys think of the idea of trading up to the Bucs spot (3rd or 4th pick)? I have heard that the Bucs are looking to trade down. The only reason I am saying this is to get Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas. Do you think these guys will be there at 3 or 4? I think one of them will. I am not one to say let's trade up, but I think these two guys are worth it. What would it take to trade up 5 or 6 spots?

With all the holes we have I think this is aterrible idea. However w/ K Jones out for half the seez the Lions could taking Adrian Peterson leaving both those players on the board.

daniel3
02-11-2007, 01:24 PM
If Thomas is there at the Bucs pick and all they are asking is our second I dont think we could make that trade fast enough.... That is a stud at a need position.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think its gonna be that easy to trade up to that spot especially with a guy like that still on the boards then.

daniel3
02-11-2007, 01:25 PM
NO! NO! NO! NO!

I don't care about the player. It's too risky. We've already skrewed up in drafts before so we need to start rebuilding w/ rookies. You do that through the draft. We're fine at num 9, if anything we trade to go to num 13 or 14.

So the quality of the rookies doesn't matter, we should just stock pile picks and draft young bodies?

SQuinn17
02-11-2007, 03:39 PM
the only way i would accept us trading down if to get calvin or joe thomas. the bucs need receivers and they might accept our first, chambers and a third rounder for that fourth spot.

WISfinfan13
02-11-2007, 03:46 PM
the only way i would accept us trading down if to get calvin or joe thomas. the bucs need receivers and they might accept our first, chambers and a third rounder for that fourth spot.

The thought of having Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson sounds good to most...But i dont know how you can give up so much for a player who has never played in the NFL...

OneHondo
02-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Hasn't our past history taught us anything about trading away draft picks? I would hate to set through another draft with no pick in the first round. Sure you might get a good prospect but there are no sure things. Remember when we traded away so much for Ricky Williams and sitting through two years with no first round picks. Granted Ricky was a great running back briefly, was the return from the investment worth it? We traded a second for Feeley and we might as well have thrown that pick in the waste basket. IMO a 1st and a 4th for Carey was too much even though he has improved, because who knows who we could have ended up with in that 4th round pick. I hope we hang on to all of our picks and make them count for the future.

NJL52
02-11-2007, 05:12 PM
No.....

SQuinn17
02-11-2007, 05:26 PM
The thought of having Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson sounds good to most...But i dont know how you can give up so much for a player who has never played in the NFL...
because they are a better prospect than what we have a the position now. i mean, we need an upgrade at those positions badly and im sorry but chambers makes wayyyy too much money for his lack of production last year.

uga3406
02-11-2007, 06:52 PM
no more trading of picks..this team has gotten burnt way 2 many times

IluvJuMiami
02-11-2007, 06:55 PM
To move up 5 spots will take our 1st and 2nd. To move up 6 spots will take our 1st this year and a 1st next year. Do you think giving up so much will be worth it. Maybe.

It depends on Tampa's intentions.

If Tampa is looking to take advantage of a team then sure. But if Tampa knows it can get value at 9, with a Anderson(DE) or Adams(DE) and add extra draft picks, they could pull the trigger relatively cheap.

I'd offer Chris Chambers, our 3rd round pick and maybe a 4 next year to exchange 1's with Tampa.

At 3 or 4 Miami will be looking at Johnson, Thomas, Quinn, or Russell all blue-chip prospects, all needs and getting rid of Chamber's excesively high contract(7.3 mill).

Tampa get's a pro-bowl WR, and their choice of Adams, Anderson, Landry, Hall, and possibly Branch for an aging defense.

It's win-win IMO.

IluvJuMiami
02-11-2007, 07:05 PM

True and not.

We are also where we are because our decision-making lacks a pair. What a ballzy move by Shanahan to move up last year and take the QB that should have been ours.

It seems as though they have their future franchise QB and Miami is where it's been the last 8 years.

Pissing away our picks isn't trading them, it's trading them for the wrong players.

Jaj
02-11-2007, 07:10 PM

If Tampa is looking to take advantage of a team then sure. But if Tampa knows it can get value at 9, with a Anderson(DE) or Adams(DE) and add extra draft picks, they could pull the trigger relatively cheap.

I'd offer Chris Chambers, our 3rd round pick and maybe a 4 next year to exchange 1's with Tampa.

At 3 or 4 Miami will be looking at Johnson, Thomas, Quinn, or Russell all blue-chip prospects, all needs and getting rid of Chamber's excesively high contract(7.3 mill).

Tampa get's a pro-bowl WR, and their choice of Adams, Anderson, Landry, Hall, and possibly Branch for an aging defense.

It's win-win IMO.

Way too much my friend. Chambers is worth a very late 1st, early 2nd by himself.

Trade Chambers to San Fransisco for their 2nd a 4th rounder.

Trade the San Fransisco to move up to draft Johnson or you just sit back and say ok let's see how the draft unfolds. Say for example you have Branch slide to you, you take him. As far as you WRs go you draft one either in the 2nd or the 3rd, you sign a reclamation project in free agency and you should replace Chamber's 2006 production atleast.

I'm not in favor of trading Chambers however as I think if you return him to the slot he'll produce.

jgreene
02-11-2007, 07:19 PM
I love the idea...especially to get Johnson. He is Terrell Owens (hopefully without the drama)!!

PhinGeneral
02-11-2007, 07:25 PM

I question how seriously they are looking to trade down, especially if Johnson or Thomas could be there staring them in the face. And if they are toying with the idea, it's probably with the thinking that someone would overpay to grab one of those guys, since either may be good enough to be the #1 pick in a draft.

Geforce
02-11-2007, 07:25 PM

It's win-win IMO.

How would they be taking advantage of another team by asking for fair value?
Trading Chambers, especially to Tampa Bay, would be almost impossible because of his salary. On top of that, this team lack speed at WR and trading the only one whom defenses keyed on would not be a wise move even if we were to draft Calvin Johnson. That would leave us with only one true speedster on the team and defenses won't have to change their schemes to defend us. Keep Chambers (especially if he restructures) and team him up with Johnson and then you have the making of something special.

IluvJuMiami
02-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Way too much my friend. Chambers is worth a very late 1st, early 2nd by himself.

Trade Chambers to San Fransisco for their 2nd a 4th rounder.

Trade the San Fransisco to move up to draft Johnson or you just sit back and say ok let's see how the draft unfolds. Say for example you have Branch slide to you, you take him. As far as you WRs go you draft one either in the 2nd or the 3rd, you sign a reclamation project in free agency and you should replace Chamber's 2006 production atleast.

I'm not in favor of trading Chambers however as I think if you return him to the slot he'll produce.

I like it.

But San Fran has the 42 mill and cap space and probably will see Dwayne Jarret or Ted Ginn Jr fall to them so I don't see them making that trade. Not only could they take a WR at 11 but can employ Stallworth or Bennett without much competition.

Tampa has about 24 mill in cap space and all mock drafts have them selecting Johnson because they are thin/old at WR.

Eitherway, I really like the idea of trading up, if the trade is reasonble, to 3rd or 4th to put us in range of the top 4 players in this draft.

Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Brady Quinn, or JaMarcus Russell would feel like a surge of electricity to an organization that feels lacking in momentum.

PhinGeneral
02-11-2007, 07:30 PM

It's win-win IMO.

If it's excessively high, why would Tampa be willing to take it on? I doubt they would be that stupid to take on such a contract just because the guy landed in the Pro Bowl in 2005.

IluvJuMiami
02-11-2007, 07:37 PM
How would they be taking advantage of another team by asking for fair value?
Trading Chambers, especially to Tampa Bay, would be almost impossible because of his salary. On top of that, this team lack speed at WR and trading the only one whom defenses keyed on would not be a wise move even if we were to draft Calvin Johnson. That would leave us with only one true speedster on the team and defenses won't have to change their schemes to defend us. Keep Chambers (especially if he restructures) and team him up with Johnson and then you have the making of something special.

According to http://www.profootballtalk.com/2007salarycap.htm and http://www.sptimes.com/2007/01/26/Bucs/For_Bucs__it_s_buyer_.shtml the Bucs are better off in cap than we are.

Chris Chambers does not possess elite speed and rarely runs away from defenders. In fact, the majority of Chambers highlight catches are Chris making leaping, circus catches over or under DB's that are running step for step with him.

Miami will probably see Meachem, Bowe, or Rice fall to them in the second round if they were to select a Thomas, Quinn, or Russell at 3/4, and Donte Stallworth was in Miami all last week telling anyone that would listen he'd love to make Miami his home.

If we were to take Johnson then our replacement for Chambers will be the top player in this years draft- not too shaby.

IluvJuMiami
02-11-2007, 07:43 PM
If it's excessively high, why would Tampa be willing to take it on? I doubt they would be that stupid to take on such a contract just because the guy landed in the Pro Bowl in 2005.

True but Chambers could always restructure.

Chambers didn't just land in the pro bowl, he earned it. He has that kind of ability. It's the very same reason we traded for Daunte Culepepper.

Joey Galloway, Chris Chambers, Michael Clayton, Ike Hilliard. On paper, that's one heck of a recieving core. Who do you double cover?

vinlakers22
02-11-2007, 07:46 PM
I dont think the Bucs want to move all the way down to #9, but even if they did, i think it would take more than our 2nd and i wouldnt want to give up that many picks, even if it would land us calvin johnson.

Geforce
02-11-2007, 07:49 PM
According to http://www.profootballtalk.com/2007salarycap.htm and http://www.sptimes.com/2007/01/26/Bucs/For_Bucs__it_s_buyer_.shtml the Bucs are better off in cap than we are.

Chris Chambers does not possess elite speed and rarely runs away from defenders. In fact, the majority of Chambers highlight catches are Chris making leaping, circus catches over or under DB's that are running step for step with him.

Miami will probably see Meachem, Bowe, or Rice fall to them in the second round if they were to select a Thomas, Quinn, or Russell at 3/4, and Donte Stallworth was in Miami all last week telling anyone that would listen he'd love to make Miami his home.

If we were to take Johnson then our replacement for Chambers will be the top player in this years draft- not too shaby.

It doesn't matter if they are better off cap wise than we are, they will not be willing to take on his salary. Not many if any team will be.

All I'm saying is, if we do trade Chambers, it better be for Calvin Johnson. Otherwise we are left with the slowest WR corp in the NFL and how is that going to help the offense? As far as the other receivers you mentioned, I'm not sure how long it will take them to adjust to the NFL and if they will be a true factor on offense this year.

Geforce
02-11-2007, 07:55 PM
True but Chambers could always restructure.

Chambers didn't just land in the pro bowl, he earned it. He has that kind of ability. It's the very same reason we traded for Daunte Culepepper.

Joey Galloway, Chris Chambers, Michael Clayton, Ike Hilliard. On paper, that's one heck of a recieving core. Who do you double cover?
Even with the receiving corp they have now, I still think Tampa Bay drafts Thomas. They need some serious help along the offensive line.

IluvJuMiami
02-11-2007, 08:17 PM
It doesn't matter if they are better off cap wise than we are, they will not be willing to take on his salary. Not many if any team will be.

All I'm saying is, if we do trade Chambers, it better be for Calvin Johnson. Otherwise we are left with the slowest WR corp in the NFL and how is that going to help the offense? As far as the other receivers you mentioned, I'm not sure how long it will take them to adjust to the NFL and if they will be a true factor on offense this year.

Bro, with all do respect, you're either arguing for the heck of it or just to save face.

First of all, the cap situation does matter because your original point was that the Bucs lacked the funds to take on Chamber's contract which was plain wrong. This is relative because it shows you are quick to talk before knowing what you are talking about.

Drafting Johnson is one of the main reasons I would like to trade up to 3/4. I believe I mentioned that. But, incase we were to take Thomas or one of the QB's over Johnson, we wouldn't be in the horrible shape you mentioned.

Booker out-produced Chambers this year making him the real #1 reciever on the team. Moving Chamber's contract would give us plenty of room to make a play for Stallworth who has the speed Mueller likes. Resigning Wes Welker and drafting a 6'4 4.45 Sidney Rice or, 6'3 4.45 Robert Meachem to join the future of Derek hagan would make our WR core more than adequate not to mention promising:

Marty Booker, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, Derek Hagan, Robert Meachem- looks alright to me.

As far as the recievers I mentioned, they would all be 2nd round picks over the 3rd we gave up for Hagan last year and the front office seems to be thrilled with the prospect of Hagan.

Geforce
02-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Bro, with all do respect, you're either arguing for the heck of it or just to save face.

First of all, the cap situation does matter because your original point was that the Bucs lacked the funds to take on Chamber's contract which was plain wrong. This is relative because it shows you are quick to talk before knowing what you are talking about.

Drafting Johnson is one of the main reasons I would like to trade up to 3/4. I believe I mentioned that. But, incase we were to take Thomas or one of the QB's over Johnson, we wouldn't be in the horrible shape you mentioned.

Booker out-produced Chambers this year making him the real #1 reciever on the team. Moving Chamber's contract would give us plenty of room to make a play for Stallworth who has the speed Mueller likes. Resigning Wes Welker and drafting a 6'4 4.45 Sidney Rice or, 6'3 4.45 Robert Meachem to join the future of Derek hagan would make our WR core more than adequate not to mention promising:

Marty Booker, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, Derek Hagan, Robert Meachem- looks alright to me.

As far as the recievers I mentioned, they would all be 2nd round picks over the 3rd we gave up for Hagan last year and the front office seems to be thrilled with the prospect of Hagan.

Nowhere in my orginal post did I say the Bucs lacked funds of any type. I only stated that they especially would be unwilling to take on his salary because Tampa Bay already have pretty good starting receivers.

For the first time since being traded to the Dolphins, Booker out performed Chambers and that convinces you to trade Chambers?

Donte Stallworth has already stated he wants to return to Philadelphia so he might be out of the equation. That leaves us with three possession receivers and a rookie.

IluvJuMiami
02-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Nowhere in my orginal post did I say the Bucs lacked funds of any type. I only stated that they especially would be unwilling to take on his salary because Tampa Bay already have pretty good starting receivers.

For the first time since being traded to the Dolphins, Booker out performed Chambers and that convinces you to trade Chambers?

Donte Stallworth has already stated he wants to return to Philadelphia so he might be out of the equation. That leaves us with three possession receivers and a rookie.

You're partially right. I inferred that you ment salary cap but you didn't outright state it. My bad. To be fair, you didn't specify either and if you go back and read your post it sounds as if you're saying Tampa can't take Chamber's contract instead of they won't which neither of us really know(I wouldn't).

Meachem and Rice both run 4.45's http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/wr.html and if those numbers hold true they will be much faster than your average possession WR.

I'd need to see a link when it comes to Stallworth. I can tell you that sports talk radio here in Miami was buzzing during Super Bowl weekend with chatter about Stallworth loving Miami.

Chamber's cap hit is 7.3 million http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolchartst06,0,6612741.htmlstory?coll=sfla-sports-utility-dolphins . He can either restructure here or somewhere else.

If it means having a shot at Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Brady Quinn, or JaMarcus Russell I'd rather he do it in Tampa Bay. He doesn't even have to sell his house.

PewterKrew
02-12-2007, 12:30 AM
As a Bucs fan, the Buccaneers have been mentioned in many rumors of trading down. For DT Okoye, to the 7 -10 range or one of the DE. But for a team to move up from the 7-10 range to the third pick if the Bucs win the coin filp could be costly to that teams rebuilding. like many others have said to move from the 9 to the third pick could cost a team 2 first roud picks plus a third rounder. to move up to the fourth pick would cost a team a first rounder second rounder and a fourth round this year is that one player that you are going to get with Thomas or Johnson really worth all of a teams first day picks, there is no sure fire cant miss prospect in any draft because giving soem of these young guys that much money changes them.

Jaj
02-12-2007, 12:36 AM
As a Bucs fan, the Buccaneers have been mentioned in many rumors of trading down. For DT Okoye, to the 7 -10 range or one of the DE. But for a team to move up from the 7-10 range to the third pick if the Bucs win the coin filp could be costly to that teams rebuilding. like many others have said to move from the 9 to the third pick could cost a team 2 first roud picks plus a third rounder. to move up to the fourth pick would cost a team a first rounder second rounder and a fourth round this year is that one player that you are going to get with Thomas or Johnson really worth all of a teams first day picks, there is no sure fire cant miss prospect in any draft because giving soem of these young guys that much money changes them.

1st+2nd nothing more...

playmaker1
02-12-2007, 12:47 AM
I don' think it is worth it to trade up. We have too many holes right now that need to be filled.

IluvJuMiami
02-12-2007, 12:56 AM

As I stated before, it all depends on how much Tampa really wants to stay at 3/4. If they are not thrilled about it, they would be willing to take a reasonable offer.

If you are the GM of a team, and the guy you really want will be available at 9, why force yourself to stay at 3/4 when you can trade down, pick up w/e reasonable draft picks are offered and come away with your targeted player? It's all profit if the guy you really want/need is there at 9.

Obviously, teams try to push it to the limit Scarface style and scare away potential trade partners forcing themselves to stay put. This, IMO, is bad business.

If the situation were reversed, if it were Miami at 3/4 and we wouldn't be interested in drafting a QB, LT, WR, or RB, I'd be more than happy with taking a 3rd and 4th round pick to move down to 9 and picking up the guy we wanted anyways, rather than trying to force a larger trade and get nothing except the top player we really didn't want/need.

It may not be value but who cares? You got Jamal Anderson or Gaines Adams which where the guys you wanted/needed anyways plus you added draft picks.

If Tampa really wants Johnson, Thomas, Quinn, etc, then it's another ball game. I suspect they don't.

Regan21286
02-12-2007, 01:14 AM

They may be there but I would think the Bucs need Johnson and Thomas more than we do. They have no WR threat outside of aging Joey Galloway and Clayton's been MIA for the past 2 seasons. Not to mention their OL is about as good as our 2005 OL.

PewterKrew
02-12-2007, 01:17 AM
With Gruden being on the hot seat this season i doubt he adds a young quarterback, he needs to win know look for them to trade for Carr or Plummer or go after Garcia ad solidify their offensive line and defensive front four

IluvJuMiami
02-12-2007, 01:41 AM
They may be there but I would think the Bucs need Johnson and Thomas more than we do. They have no WR threat outside of aging Joey Galloway and Clayton's been MIA for the past 2 seasons. Not to mention their OL is about as good as our 2005 OL.

The Bucs don't need Calvin Johnson per say, they need a WR.

The offensive line allowed 33 sacks, not great but not horrible. The rushing game averaged 95 rushing yards a game which is average if not good. The offense averaged 13 points a game with Bruce Gadkowski(sp?) under center. They were only 3 points less than Miami even though they started an undrafted rookie.

Tampa is in better cap shape than we are and will most likely be in play for FA OL help.

The defense, mind you, for a defensive minded coach, allowed 22 points a game, 329 yards total with 120 by way of rushing and 210 passing and only notched 25 sacks.

A top notch WR will be available for Tampa in the 2nd round. It obviously won't be Johnson but when I factor in all of the above, the play for Tamps seems to be to move down, pick defense and aquire more draft picks.

What they are willing to to accept in trade for such a move is an entire different story(???).

Regan21286
02-12-2007, 01:59 AM
The Bucs don't need Calvin Johnson per say, they need a WR.

The offensive line allowed 33 sacks, not great but not horrible. The rushing game averaged 95 rushing yards a game which is average if not good. The offense averaged 13 points a game with Bruce Gadkowski(sp?) under center. They were only 3 points less than Miami even though they started an undrafted rookie.

Tampa is in better cap shape than we are and will most likely be in play for FA OL help.

The defense, mind you, for a defensive minded coach, allowed 22 points a game, 329 yards total with 120 by way of rushing and 210 passing and only notched 25 sacks.

A top notch WR will be available for Tampa in the 2nd round. It obviously won't be Johnson but when I factor in all of the above, the play for Tamps seems to be to move down, pick defense and aquire more draft picks.

What they are willing to to accept in trade for such a move is an entire different story(???).

They'll look for a very advantageous deal. It's hard to swap picks unless you give someone a great deal. I like Quinn but hopefully not at a heavy price like we paid for Culpepper. If Tampa wants a 1st and 2nd, you'd really have to ponder. Levi Brown is a fine alternative for me.

IluvJuMiami
02-12-2007, 05:58 AM
They'll look for a very advantageous deal. It's hard to swap picks unless you give someone a great deal. I like Quinn but hopefully not at a heavy price like we paid for Culpepper. If Tampa wants a 1st and 2nd, you'd really have to ponder. Levi Brown is a fine alternative for me.

I'd offer Chris Chambers(1st or 2nd round value), this year's 3rd, and next year's 4th. This seems reasonable if they truly don't want to stay at 3/4.

I don't think that's a high price to pay to be in play for the top 4 choices in the draft.

If we go Calvin Johnson(WR) in the 1st(3/4), we go Doug Free(LT) in the 2nd(41). Go get Kris Dielman(LG) in FA.

If we go Joe Thomas(LT) in the 1st, we go Robert Meachem(WR) in the 2nd. Go get Dielman.

If we go Brady Quinn(QB) in the 1st, we go either WR or OT in the second. Can either Go Stakkworht(WR) or Dielman/Steinbach in FA.

Regan21286
02-12-2007, 01:22 PM
I'd offer Chris Chambers(1st or 2nd round value), this year's 3rd, and next year's 4th. This seems reasonable if they truly don't want to stay at 3/4.

I don't think that's a high price to pay to be in play for the top 4 choices in the draft.

If we go Calvin Johnson(WR) in the 1st(3/4), we go Doug Free(LT) in the 2nd(41). Go get Kris Dielman(LG) in FA.

If we go Joe Thomas(LT) in the 1st, we go Robert Meachem(WR) in the 2nd. Go get Dielman.

If we go Brady Quinn(QB) in the 1st, we go either WR or OT in the second. Can either Go Stakkworht(WR) or Dielman/Steinbach in FA.

I'm presuming you're also including our #9 in all of that. If they let us keep both, we could lock up LT/WR and QB in one fell swoop. I'd have to wonder if the Bucs suddenly announced Rick Speilman as GM. :lol:

I'd prefer we get a LT first because WR you can find great values on WR later on in this deep draft or in FA.

Finsfan79
02-12-2007, 03:31 PM
if they would take number 9 and chambers for the move sure :P

But they wouldnt and no thank you. I would rather trade back and get more picks this is a deep talent draft

Vertical Limit
02-12-2007, 03:35 PM
I'll trade Chambers and our 9th for their 3rd/4th pick overall and a 5th/6th rounder. Chambers has overstayed his welcome.

Motion
02-12-2007, 03:36 PM
I'll trade Chambers and our 9th for their 3rd/4th pick overall and a 5th/6th rounder. Chambers has overstayed his welcome.

You honestly think thats a fair deal?

Vertical Limit
02-12-2007, 03:48 PM
For Joe Thomas, definitely. You need a franchise LT to rebuild, you can't even trade Chambers for an early 3rd rounder.

Chambers isn't needed on this team, he's not a franchise player and definitely not a #1 receiver. His pro bowl year was a mirage. Besides, just look at the Chargers receiving core, there's not a receiver in that Cam offense that is worth a damn. It's about Tight Ends and running backs, though if Calvin were to be at our pick, between him and Joe Thomas, idk.. it would be a tough choice.

Ronnie Brown has been on this team for 2 years and you can already say he's our franchise player. So now you have to build around him, because he's going to be the one leading us to Wins. Get him a franchise LT, and Ronnie will mean to our offense just like Clinton Portis is to the Redskins, LT is to the Chargers, Shawn is to the Seahawks.

Geforce
02-12-2007, 03:55 PM
For Joe Thomas, definitely. You need a franchise LT to rebuild, you can't even trade Chambers for an early 3rd rounder.

Chambers isn't needed on this team, he's not a franchise player and definitely not a #1 receiver. His pro bowl year was a mirage. Besides, just look at the Chargers receiving core, there's not a receiver in that Cam offense that is worth a damn. It's about Tight Ends and running backs, though if Calvin were to be at our pick, between him and Joe Thomas, idk.. it would be a tough choice.

Ronnie Brown has been on this team for 2 years and you can already say he's our franchise player. So now you have to build around him, because he's going to be the one leading us to Wins. Get him a franchise LT, and Ronnie will mean to our offense just like Clinton Portis is to the Redskins, LT is to the Chargers, Shawn is to the Seahawks.

It seems the hatred for Chambers after one bad year knows no bound.

Vertical Limit
02-12-2007, 04:04 PM
It seems the hatred for Chambers after one bad year knows no bound.
He's only had one good year and 5 average years. :shakeno:

Geforce
02-12-2007, 04:26 PM
He's only had one good year and 5 average years. :shakeno:

5 average years??? Okay. Whatever. I guess him being 6th in TD receptions (43) since he's been in the league is a mirage too?

Fresh
02-12-2007, 04:51 PM
I'd deal #9/Chambers or someone else for the Bucs or Browns spot for Calvin Johnson. For any other player, I don't really see the worth. IMO, Calvin Johnson is the only guy in this draft who is worth the trouble of moving multiple picks/pieces. EDIT: Joe Thomas, too.

Motion
02-12-2007, 05:26 PM

:lol: No I meant for their side. I'd do that deal in a heartbeat but it looks to lopsided in our favor to me.