PDA

View Full Version : Browns | Team interested in Russell?

FinAtic8480
02-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Browns | Team interested in Russell?
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 06:15:07 -0800Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns owner Randy Lerner reportedly told a local television station that he would like to select LSU QB JaMarcus Russell (http://www.kffl.com/player/16132/nfl) with the team's No. 1 pick in April's NFL Draft (http://www.kffl.com/link/159).

This Draft is reminding of the 05 Draft when everyone wanted Smith and Rogers slide down. By far it seems that Russell is the Fav. I know alot teams are doing smoke screen now. It would be interesting to see what happens once FA starts and QBs become avalaible

CitizenSnips
02-11-2007, 01:21 PM
a team in clevelands situation has to keep all their options open. When your picking in the top five you can never give away who you want to draft, because if you do that then you give up all your leverage for trade situations.

and secondly, Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson, OF COURSE their interestged in Russell

jason8er
02-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 06:15:07 -0800Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns owner Randy Lerner reportedly told a local television station that he would like to select LSU QB JaMarcus Russell (http://www.kffl.com/player/16132/nfl) with the team's No. 1 pick in April's NFL Draft (http://www.kffl.com/link/159).

This Draft is reminding of the 05 Draft when everyone wanted Smith and Rogers slide down. By far it seems that Russell is the Fav. I know alot teams are doing smoke screen now. It would be interesting to see what happens once FA starts and QBs become avalaible
If you save all of these news briefs, you will notice over time, that everyone is intrested in everyone. :lol:

playmaker1
02-11-2007, 02:40 PM
I thought the Browns were more interested in a home state kid like Quinn or Smith.

But yes, I'd bet the farm that QB is a top pick of theres

wazzy
02-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Its another smoke screen so if somehow Russel slips to third there hoping someone wants to pull a trade off so Cleveland doesn't draft Russell!

phins3454
02-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Browns need to give Charlie Frye another chance, I thought he was pretty good. Romo Crennel needs to start winning, So I think they should draft a player who could make a imidediate impact, someone like Adrian Peterson.

playmaker1
02-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Its another smoke screen so if somehow Russel slips to third there hoping someone wants to pull a trade off so Cleveland doesn't draft Russell!

Gonna see alot of this over the next few months

iamKIP
02-11-2007, 07:57 PM

Actually in 2005 everyone was picking Rogers #1 then Smith got picked and Rogers slid. So in this case Russell is the early chosen one but it could be Quinn and Russell slides. I would NOT want Russell He would be a definite NO for me!!!!

Jaj
02-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Could you please elaborate why?

He's 21, 6-6 and has every gift young Daunte had plus he's accurate and has a good TD/INT ratio.

playmaker1
02-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Actually in 2005 everyone was picking Rogers #1 then Smith got picked and Rogers slid. So in this case Russell is the early chosen one but it could be Quinn and Russell slides. I would NOT want Russell He would be a definite NO for me!!!!

:confused:

Jaj
02-11-2007, 08:21 PM
That team drafts a QB this entire draft changes. This draft is so unbelievably fluid right now it's insane.

By the way I'm giving serious thought to the idea of a Reggie Nelson at 9. It could do wonders for the defense to actually get off the field.

dominizzo
02-11-2007, 09:04 PM
I see browns selecting Adrian Peterson

IluvJuMiami
02-11-2007, 09:13 PM
That team drafts a QB this entire draft changes. This draft is so unbelievably fluid right now it's insane.

By the way I'm giving serious thought to the idea of a Reggie Nelson at 9. It could do wonders for the defense to actually get off the field.

Landry as of today, is the better prospect and any defensive pick for all of the offensive struggles this team has had would be back/heart/soul-braking IMO.

How long can we continue to ignore the offense Jaj? 16 points a game dude, 16 points.

I'd rater make an offensive reach at 9 than a solid defensive pick. This is how desperate I am for some offensive production.

The key to this game is not complicated bro, score more points than the opposing team.

iamKIP
02-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Could you please elaborate why?

He's 21, 6-6 and has every gift young Daunte had plus he's accurate and has a good TD/INT ratio.

From what I saw he checked off very little. Called little to no audibles and ran a very basic offense. I do not believe he will be able to read the defenses and achieve at a high level. Another Heath Shuler or Ryan Leaf or Michael Vick. I wouldn't want any of them! Nothing up top!!!!!!!

iamKIP
02-11-2007, 10:26 PM
:confused:

:confused: :confused:

IluvJuMiami
02-11-2007, 10:31 PM
From what I saw he checked off very little. Called little to no audibles and ran a very basic offense. I do not believe he will be able to read the defenses and achieve at a high level. Another Heath Shuler or Ryan Leaf or Michael Vick. I wouldn't want any of them! Nothing up top!!!!!!!

Is your name Kibsain? I'm curious because I new a Dolfan who's nick name was Kip.

I haven't seen much of Russel. As a matter of fact, I'm going on Youtube right now to check for footage on the QB.

I know he's regarded as a Daunte Culpepper clone when it comes to raw size and arm strength. That can't be a bad thing.

iamKIP
02-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Is your name Kibsain? I'm curious because I new a Dolfan who's nick name was Kip.

I haven't seen much of Russel. As a matter of fact, I'm going on Youtube right now to check for footage on the QB.

I know he's regarded as a Daunte Culpepper clone when it comes to raw size and arm strength. That can't be a bad thing.

No not me.. Also size and arm strength isn't a bad thing, but stupid sure ain't a good thing!!!

IluvJuMiami
02-11-2007, 11:01 PM
No not me.. Also size and arm strength isn't a bad thing, but stupid sure ain't a good thing!!!

Sure ain't.

I prefer Quinn because he's already accustomed to more of an NFL type offense. That makes me comfortable.

iamKIP
02-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Sure ain't.

I prefer Quinn because he's already accustomed to more of an NFL type offense. That makes me comfortable.

I am with you!!