PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day One. Who dya want?

RiderOnTheStorm
02-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Round One. 9th overall - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
Miami's interior defensive line is aging and an injection of youth is vital. Branch is the standout DT and is the elite prospect to propel the Phins defense forward for the future. Branch would be able to tie up the line and be able to stuff the run. If Branch is off the board, then Okoye would be the pick.

Round Two. 41st pick - Ryan Kalil, C, USC
The middle of the Miami offensive line is soft. Hadnot and McKinney arent the answer. Kalil's smarts and technique would be a good addition to the Phins offense.

Round Three. 71st pick - Earl Everett, OLB, Florida
Everett's selection here would be upgrading the LB spot next to Thomas and Crowder. Excellent athleticism and speed would bring fresh impetus to an aging defense.

HEDAZHELAS24
02-11-2007, 02:06 PM
that looks good to me...mine has us taking brady quinn or drew stanton and also a LT in the first three but you never know what will happen in FA so i like it if it happens

Samphin
02-11-2007, 02:12 PM
I would be very happy with Levi Brown,LT, Ryan Kalil, C (although I think he is gone by our second pick), and Earl Everett, LB. Although, all could be gone by the time we actually pick.

Levi goes to LT, Dielman (FA pickup) to LG, C is Kalil, RG Hadnot, and RT Carey. Young, homegrown (for the most part) talented o-line for Ronnie to run behind and Daunte to throw behind.

I would be a happy camper.

VT Dolphan
02-11-2007, 02:28 PM
I like Branch, I think he would be a real good pick if he is still available. I like Kalil in the second even more, but once again, theres a good chance he will be gone. Everett is an alright pick in the third, but I would prefer to add the best offensive player available rather than a linebacker.

Vegas dolfan
02-11-2007, 02:30 PM
First Round is Ted Ginn Jr.

Second Round is Off Line

Third Round is Troy Smith

Joneal7
02-11-2007, 02:37 PM
RD 1 Quinn

RD 2 Moses

RD 3 not really sure

playmaker1
02-11-2007, 02:37 PM
DB is my numer one pick. Our secondary is hurting.

playmaker1
02-11-2007, 02:38 PM

Second Round is Off Line

OSU fan huh? :D

phins3454
02-11-2007, 03:11 PM
1st Brady Quinn/ Levi Brown/ Amobie Okoye

2nd Michael Griffen/ Sidney Rice

3rd Drew Stanton

Vegas dolfan
02-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas dolfan http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=1061790703#post1061790703)

Second Round is Off Line

OSU fan huh? :D

yes I am and I can dream lol

SMadison29
02-11-2007, 03:19 PM
In my latest mock I have us with DT Alan Branch in the first, DE/OLB Quentin Moses in the second, & ILB David Harris in the third. It's gonna be real hard to watch Ted Ginn go by the board.

phinphan896
02-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Round 1: Adrian Peterson, if hes still there, if not gaines adams from clemson
Round 2: Brandon Merriweather
Round 3: Anthony Gonzalez

Great late round sleeper: Ryan Moore. Everyone thought he would be a stud after his freshman year but hes had problems. Hes big enough that he could play tight end too.

Roman529
02-11-2007, 03:23 PM
1. Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
2. Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State
3. Mason Crosby, K, Univ. of Colorado (so long Olindo!!!!)
4-7th BPA

dolphan13
02-11-2007, 03:34 PM

Second Round is Off Line

I agree with the first 2 but Troy Smith in the 3rd round? I highly doubt that.

dolphan13
02-11-2007, 03:40 PM
1st- Ted Ginn(WR) or Brady Quinn(QB)

2nd- Justin Blalock(OL)

3rd- Drew Stanton(QB) or DB

*- If we do not get brady quinn we will get stanton in the third

Da_Franchise
02-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Miami's interior defensive line is aging and an injection of youth is vital. Branch is the standout DT and is the elite prospect to propel the Phins defense forward for the future. Branch would be able to tie up the line and be able to stuff the run. If Branch is off the board, then Okoye would be the pick.

The middle of the Miami offensive line is soft. Hadnot and McKinney arent the answer. Kalil's smarts and technique would be a good addition to the Phins offense.

Everett's selection here would be upgrading the LB spot next to Thomas and Crowder. Excellent athleticism and speed would bring fresh impetus to an aging defense.

Excellent first three rounds if that's the way we go.

Second Round is Off Line

Decent, however unlikely.

Great late round sleeper: Ryan Moore. Everyone thought he would be a stud after his freshman year but hes had problems. Hes big enough that he could play tight end too.

You're insane.

4-7th BPA

This is what I hope to see us get. 100% agreement. We pick up a franchise QB, snag us our new superstar kicker, and find a replacement for Randy McMichael's lazy ***. Would be nice if we could get rid of Randy for a pick as well. However I wouldn't be against keeping him for a year or two with some competition, maybe a fire under his *** will turn him into the stud he SHOULD be.

ChambersWI
02-11-2007, 04:30 PM
I can name atleast 20 guys that I would be happy to see us draft in the first 3 rounds.

jlfin
02-11-2007, 04:35 PM

Second Round is Off Line

ahh, the path to mediocrity:D . That would be a very disappointing draft, unless you are a Buckeye fan.

PhinFan0202
02-11-2007, 04:35 PM

That's actually a realistic and good first day of the NFL Draft. As much as taking a QB sounds like the right answer to finally solve our QB problem i don't think this is the year to draft a QB in the 1st. Quinn and Russell probably won't be available and next years draft class IMO looks a little more promising. Colt Brennan, Brian Brohm, John David Booty, and Chad Henne are all prospects that could be great next year. This draft is loaded with some talent at WR in the first day so that's another option that could be a good one for Miami.

SQuinn17
02-11-2007, 05:21 PM
DB is my numer one pick. Our secondary is hurting.
our offense is hurting worse.

Majpain
02-11-2007, 05:24 PM

Why would we get Peterson?

I do like the Gonzo pick.

playmaker1
02-11-2007, 05:35 PM
1st Brady Quinn/ Levi Brown/ Amobie Okoye

2nd Michael Griffen/ Sidney Rice

3rd Drew Stanton

2 QBs??

playmaker1
02-11-2007, 05:36 PM
4-7th BPA

Nice Roman. I like it. Of course you had to go and put a ASU guy in there. Not good enough we took one last year huh! :D

playmaker1
02-11-2007, 05:37 PM
our offense is hurting worse.

I think with some coaching, and some FA work our O will be ok.
But I just said that I'd like to see our first round pick go toward the secondary, not the whole draft.

jgreene
02-11-2007, 07:22 PM
1st round: Ted Ginn jr.
2nd round: DT
3rd Round: CB

patacu1974
02-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Well I will go for:

I want in this 3 rounds a OL (maybe L Brown) a Qb (Brady or Stanton, if Brady is there at 9 I will like to take him if not I want Stanton), and a CB or DT

Psychosikes
02-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Round 1: Quinn (QB) > Adams (DE) > Revis (CB) > Jarret (WR) > Landry (S)

Round 2: Chris Houston (CB) > Woodley (OLB) > Posluszny (OLB) > Bowe (WR)> Kyle Young (C) > Rice (WR) > T. Ugoh (OT)

Round 3: C. Johnson (DE) > Doug Free (OT)> B. Siler (OLB)> Stanton (QB) > Samson Satele (C/G)

It is just way too early to tell. The combine is going to play a huge role in who's available at what spots. I think the combine tends to be overrated and value a true hard-nosed football player over a workout warrior anyday. I'll narrow down my picks in a month or so :)

Dolfan4life34
02-11-2007, 08:32 PM
1st- Gaines Adams
2nd- Ryan Kalil
3rd- Drew Stanton

Billshater
02-11-2007, 08:44 PM
1st- Gaines Adams
2nd- Ryan Kalil
3rd- Drew Stanton

I would love for this to happen..

phins3454
02-11-2007, 09:11 PM
2 QBs??

Did you not see the "slash marks"

ex: /

I thought it was obvious that if Miami doesnt get Quinn in the 1st then they should get Drew Stanton in the 2nd or 3rd

Elliott 1
02-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Excellent first three rounds if that's the way we go.

Decent, however unlikely.

You're insane.

This is what I hope to see us get. 100% agreement. We pick up a franchise QB, snag us our new superstar kicker, and find a replacement for Randy McMichael's lazy ***. Would be nice if we could get rid of Randy for a pick as well. However I wouldn't be against keeping him for a year or two with some competition, maybe a fire under his *** will turn him into the stud he SHOULD be.

What is the cap hit if trade McMichael for a pick???? Oakland is considering TE in the second round. Is it possible????

Tureo
02-11-2007, 11:15 PM

I have not seen worse. Why don't we pick a DE and a MLB while we are at it.

IluvJuMiami
02-11-2007, 11:34 PM

I'm not thrilled about going defense with our first pick in the draft but those are 3 players with a ton of potential each taking care of major needs.

Solid 3 rounds IMO.

Dors156
02-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Round One- Brady Quinn/ Reggie Nelson

Round Two- Brandon Siler/ Buster Davis

Round Three- OL

i could be dreaming about the second round but whatever

IluvJuMiami
02-11-2007, 11:44 PM
I have not seen worse. Why don't we pick a DE and a MLB while we are at it.

I don't know about you brotha but I get all tingly at the thought of Peterson possibly falling to Miami at 9. I think the phone will be ringing off the hook with major trade possibilities if the top RB in the draft falls to us.

If no one wants to bite, draft the guy. Someone will offer gold sooner or later. If not, we'll have the most potent backfield in all of the NFL with Brown, Williams, and Peterson.

We go:
1)Adrian Peterson RB 6'2 / 218 / 4.45
2)Robert Meachem WR 6'3 / 210 / 4.45
3)Samson Satele C 6'3 / 311 / 5.20

Pick up FA:
Eric Steinbach
Kris Dielman

Talk about securing the offense.

Ronnie23Brown
02-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Would like in order and according to reasonable availability:

1) Brady Quinn/Dwayne Jarrett/Levi Brown

2) Ryan Kalil/Sydney Rice/

3) Aundrae Ellison/Ben Grubbs

Elliott 1
02-12-2007, 12:30 AM
I don't know about you brotha but I get all tingly at the thought of Peterson possibly falling to Miami at 9. I think the phone will be ringing off the hook with major trade possibilities if the top RB in the draft falls to us.

If no one wants to bite, draft the guy. Someone will offer gold sooner or later. If not, we'll have the most potent backfield in all of the NFL with Brown, Williams, and Peterson.

We go:
1)Adrian Peterson RB 6'2 / 218 / 4.45
2)Robert Meachem WR 6'3 / 210 / 4.45
3)Samson Satele C 6'3 / 211 / 5.20

Pick up FA:
Eric Steinbach
Kris Dielman

Talk about securing the offense.

Love your picks but can Meachem start his rookie year? The thing about RB is waiting to see what happens in FA. And Ricky isn't a done deal, Mueller might not want him. We really only have 1 RB under conatract. We might really need Peterson.
I really,really like the Satele pick.
We defintely need to make some trades to save money and pick up draft picks.

IluvJuMiami
02-12-2007, 01:18 AM
Love your picks but can Meachem start his rookie year? The thing about RB is waiting to see what happens in FA. And Ricky isn't a done deal, Mueller might not want him. We really only have 1 RB under conatract. We might really need Peterson.
I really,really like the Satele pick.
We defintely need to make some trades to save money and pick up draft picks.

I don't think Meachem will start but he'll definitely see time in the rotation. Who knows though? It wouldn't take much to out-preform Welker and Hagan in camp. As much as I love Welker and his heart, the physical attributes lack. Hagan drops a plethora of footballs.

I'd much rather shop Peterson around than keep him but if teams actually tried to call our bluff I'd draft the guy in a heart beat. As you said, Williams is no where near guaranteed and Minor, Morris, and Eckel are all FA's.

So much can happen in that situation. I can imagine a Ricky Williams/Duece McAllister situation where we would either trade Peterson or Brown down the line for two first rounders. Wow, how sweet would that be? How ironic would it be for the man who broke Miami's back(Mueller) be the same person to save it in the same exact fashion?

Or Brown and Peterson could become Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes when those two were at their pinnacle.

The more I think about the prospect of Peterson the more chills I get.

DeFINSeWins
02-12-2007, 02:54 AM
1 quinn
2 woodley
3 oline

HurriPhin
02-12-2007, 06:07 AM
Brady Quinn

Brady Quinn

Brady Quinn

IluvJuMiami
02-12-2007, 06:14 AM
Brady Quinn

Brady Quinn

Brady Quinn

Did you mean Brady Quinn or Brady Quinn?

etsudolfan
02-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Round 1-Ted Ginn, Jr.
Round 2-Drew Stanton
Round 3-OL
Round 4-DT
Round 5-CB

Motion
02-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Check the sig

NorFlaFin
02-12-2007, 10:06 AM

Nice, realistic mock.
Heres my changes
Rd 1. Branch as 1st option, Levi Brown as second.
Rd 2. Jarret as 1st option, Kalil as 2nd option.
Rd 3. Kalil(if he falls) 1st option, Edwards (QB from Stanford) as 2nd option. Best LB available.