PDA

View Full Version : drew stanton? brady quinn??

McMichael
02-12-2007, 07:59 PM
whats with all the love for unproven college quarterbacks? we happen to have a guy on our team who is more proven than any quarterback weve had here since marino. please give him a chance before we start photo shopping Dolphins uniforms onto drew stanton and brady quinn. :dolphins: :dolphins:

phins3454
02-12-2007, 08:03 PM
I guess you have never seem them play, Its not a big deal if they have " never won a big game"

Peyton Manning never won any big games in college

hows he doing?

bluehaze
02-12-2007, 08:03 PM
whats with all the love for unproven college quarterbacks?

Where do you think NFL QB's come from? Was Peyton Manning a proven QB coming out of college?

McMichael
02-12-2007, 08:04 PM
alex smith #1 pick quarterback, supposed to be great, hows he doing?

phins3454
02-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Personal attacks are against the TOS

McMichael
02-12-2007, 08:05 PM
to say that this team should be lead by "drew stanton" when u have a guy sitting here named daunte culpepper is just crazy. =(

daniel3
02-12-2007, 08:06 PM

Better than any QB on our roster thats for sure :/.

Dolfan984

Alex Smith is the real deal bro.

SweetLou
to say that this team should be lead by "drew stanton" when u have a guy sitting here named daunte culpepper is just crazy. =(

THANK YOU SIR

McMichael
02-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Much better since his rookie season dum as!

sorry but i kinda like the QB to throw more TDs than picks..

alex smith 17 TD, 27 picks. =( gimme a break

phins3454
02-12-2007, 08:08 PM

If you can show me where I said that "Drew Stanton should lead this team" I will give you 100$

Culpepper sucks anyways, his career is over, he already old as it is, He was never that good to begin with

McMichael
02-12-2007, 08:09 PM
If you can show me where I said that "Drew Stanton should lead this team" I will give you 100$

Culpepper sucks anyways, his career is over, he already old as it is, He was never that good to begin with

LOL

Vertical Limit
02-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Alex Smith is the real deal.

bluehaze
02-12-2007, 08:11 PM

To act as if you know that Daunte Culpepper is going to be great at this point is just crazy :lol: It could happen but it's a longshot given his past 2 years performance. We need to be prepared if that's not the case we need a QB we are in a spot in the draft where we can finally grab a good QB, not doing so is just crazy.

phins3454
02-12-2007, 08:11 PM
shouldnt this be in the draft forum anyways?

phins3454
02-12-2007, 08:12 PM
To act as if you know that Daunte Culpepper is going to be great at this point is just crazy :lol: It could happen but it's a longshot given his past 2 years performance. We need to be prepared if that's not the case we need a QB we are in a spot in the draft where we can finally grab a good QB, not doing so is just crazy.

exactly!

McMichael
02-12-2007, 08:13 PM

if you were building your own team, and u had a choice of quarterback between Daunte culpepper, or drew stanton... youd honestly take stanton?

bluehaze
02-12-2007, 08:14 PM
if you were building your own team, and u had a choice of quarterback between Daunte culpepper, or drew stanton... youd honestly take stanton?

I'd take Brady Quinn.

McMichael
02-12-2007, 08:15 PM
I'd take Brady Quinn.

brady quinn will not be drafted by the dolphins.. not even close....... stanton is a possiblity, quinn is kind of out of the equation =p

bluehaze
02-12-2007, 08:17 PM
brady quinn will not be drafted by the dolphins.. not even close....... stanton is a possiblity, quinn is kind of out of the equation =p

Not at all bro, we have several options to obtain Quinn, some draft experts feel he will fall to us but if we really want him we can trade our first and thrid to Washington to move up and nab him before he falls to Houston or the Vikings.

phins3454
02-12-2007, 08:18 PM

:sidelol:

You do know who he is right?

It would be a gift from our football God if Brady Quinn fell to the 9th spot...for us not to take him is just crazy!

Culpepper IS NOT our future...sorry

OneHondo
02-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Daunte Culpepper is 30 years old and hasn't proven anything yet in a Dolphin uniform. So until he does, its better to be safe than sorry because we have been sorry enough already to last a lifetime.

RoninFin4
02-12-2007, 08:45 PM
sorry but i kinda like the QB to throw more TDs than picks..

alex smith 17 TD, 27 picks. =( gimme a break

I kinda like QBs with winning records, which neither Daunte or Harrington have if you're gonna go by that logic. Smith went from 1 TD and 11 INT's as a rookie to 16 TDs to 16INT's in his second year with Arnez Battle and Antonio Bryant as his top 2 WRs and Vernon Davis missing a large portion of the year. I think he'll continue to do just fine with Norv Turner.

I know Daunte has the chance to comeback to what he was 3 years ago. But if he doesn't and we don't take a QB in this year's draft, we're up the same damn creek without the same damn paddle we've been since 2000. We've gotta draft a QB for insurance's sake since Daunte is still a question mark and Harrington's a possible cap casualty. I mean look around the league. Palmer, Peyton Manning, McNabb, Phil Rivers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees were all drafted and had success with their original teams...what more do you need? It's time to draft a QB. The leftover trends of Fielder, Lucas, Griese, Feeley, Harrington and Daunte haven't gotten us to the playoffs since 2001! It's sad that the last QB to get us there was Jay Fiedler.

aleta
02-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Guys!! is as simple as this!!,DC IS our QB for sure, at this point in time. Our back-up for the season is Lemon & in draft day, IF Quinn fall at the #9 we will take him and DC will be in the hot sit, BUT HE STILL will be OUR QB until half the season, only if he is not up to the task of been the starter. then, went the season is over , Cam will pull the trigger and star Lemon or Quinn, if he is drafted. GO DOLPHINS!!:mad: :dolphins:

phinphanforever
02-12-2007, 09:43 PM
I'd say pretty darn good. Escpecially considering he's only in his second year.

playmaker1
02-12-2007, 09:50 PM

because...

VT Dolphan
02-12-2007, 10:00 PM
:sidelol:

You do know who he is right?

It would be a gift from our football God if Brady Quinn fell to the 9th spot...for us not to take him is just crazy!

Culpepper IS NOT our future...sorry

Exactly. People need to stop talking about the Draft if they know absolutely nothing about it...or football in general. By no means am I implying I know everything, but there have been some ridiulously dumb posts on this thread.

dolfn66
02-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Culpepper aside, it's time the Dolphins draft a QB, it's been a long time coming. Unless someone here can predict the future and see Miami getting a bonafide winner in the draft a couple of years from now, I say go for it.

colmax
02-12-2007, 11:58 PM

I think he did fairly well last season. He threw 16/16 which isn't great, but I believe he will improve on that once Vernon Davis gets into the mix. Peyton had INT issues early in his career, too. Remember, San Fran ran the hell out of Gore last season.They are an up and coming team and have a good core of offensive weapons on their team. Not many QBs can come in and light things up as a rookie. Last year, he started all of his games and played decently. Next year will be the year to put a real critique on Smith, though I think he will quell all the naysayers, if there are any.

dahlmarino
02-13-2007, 12:33 AM

Since when does drafting Drew Stanton mean the end of the Daunte Culpepper era in Miami? Is it not possible to draft him, have him learn from the bench for a few years, and still give Culpepper the chance to prove himself? Personally, I think it's a good idea to draft a QB with a high ceiling, especially if you have a quarterback over the age of 27. If anything, it implies to me that we ARE sticking with Culpepper and drafting for the future (something we should have been doing for years).

realdolphin
02-13-2007, 12:38 AM
lets say Quinn is picked by someone else and doesnt fall to us . question :

would you pick stanton with our 9th pick to assure we get him before anyone else ??

just curious ...i think I may do it .

dahlmarino
02-13-2007, 12:43 AM

would you pick stanton with our 9th pick to assure we get him before anyone else ??

No. But depending on how the picks fall I'd consider taking him in the 2nd, and if he lasts until the 3rd I wouldn't hesitate to pick him up.

realdolphin
02-13-2007, 12:51 AM
No. But depending on how the picks fall I'd consider taking him in the 2nd, and if he lasts until the 3rd I wouldn't hesitate to pick him up.

ok ..well the question is because I really dont think he lasts til the third , and may very well be the scenario to lose both quinn and stanton . i fell we need a rookie QB now whatever the situation with peper / harrington /lemon . it is time to take the chance on a young talented kid . i have the hunch that quinn and stanton will be good nfl QB´s

endorPHINS72
02-13-2007, 12:57 AM
whats with all the love for unproven college quarterbacks? we happen to have a guy on our team who is more proven than any quarterback weve had here since marino. please give him a chance before we start photo shopping Dolphins uniforms onto drew stanton and brady quinn. :dolphins: :dolphins:

What Daunte did in 2003 & 2004 is irrelevant. What concerns me more is how he played in 2005 and 2006, which was horribly. We haven't had QB play that lousy since Ray Lucas was here. I thoroughly hope he can play at a high level again for us, but I'm not very encouraged right now. Just acting like Daunte can play the way he did three years ago when he's coming back from a major knee injury and over 30 years old isn't exactly wise. Daunte needs to show he can be a cerebral quarterback and realize he may never be as mobile as he once was. That is his (and our) only hope.

DonShula84
02-13-2007, 01:27 AM

You arent serious. Take a player with a 2nd round grade at best right now in the top 10? Now Stanton could move into the end of the first after the combine but that is still a HUGE reach.

FinaticalOne
02-13-2007, 08:48 AM

Alex Smith is starting to come around, and his team is growing with him, somethim...

...I guess you would draft Chris Leak (national championship) or Troy Smith (Mr. Heisman) over JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn? After all, they're more proven, right? :rolleyes:

I'm all for looking to see what we have in a healthy Culpepper this year with a major emphasis on improving our o-line; but if Quinn or Russell are available at #9, we have to pick them.

FinaticalOne
02-13-2007, 08:51 AM

Alex Smith is starting to come around, and his team is growing with him, somethim...

...I guess you would draft Chris Leak (national championship) or Troy Smith (Mr. Heisman) over JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn? After all, they're more proven, right? :rolleyes:

I'm all for looking to see what we have in a healthy Culpepper this year with a major emphasis on improving our o-line; but if Russell and Quinn are available at #9, I think we would have to pick them. Quinn, I'm still a little iffy about him, but this is my stance right now. I'm hoping he will workout at the combine, but I'm thinking he will make scouts wait until the Notre Dame Pro Day. We'll see what happens.

FinaticalOne
02-13-2007, 08:51 AM
I do not know how that happened :lol:

iamKIP
02-13-2007, 09:33 AM

Did you watch last season? He is becoming a VERY GOOD QB. Only 2nd year. I would take him over anything we have in a heart beat.:shakeno:

Stitches
02-13-2007, 09:45 AM

I'd be ok with either on our roster, however I would rather take Quinn at #9, than Stanton at #40. If Stanton were there in the 3rd though, I say snatch him up.

FINSFAN2781
02-13-2007, 10:30 AM

DC is the QB for now. Stanton would be the future. Of course anyone would take DC first, but Stanton has all the tools to be groomed into a real good NFL QB. If it was my team, i would love to have DC as the starter and Stanton as the backup.

FINSFAN2781
02-13-2007, 10:33 AM

Stanton wont make it past the 2nd round. If Quinn was gone by #9, then our 2nd pick would have to be for Stanton because he wont be around much longer. Ive been pushing for along time to draft Stanton.

Mr772
02-13-2007, 11:20 AM

given the fact that Daunte has never won any big games and his best football is WAY behind him I would take Stanton. Both are a gamble but at least Stanton has potential. He is just as mobile as Cpep ever was and can read a D and go through his reciever progression in less than 5 minutes.

DolfanTom
02-13-2007, 12:05 PM
whats with all the love for unproven college quarterbacks? we happen to have a guy on our team who is more proven than any quarterback weve had here since marino. please give him a chance before we start photo shopping Dolphins uniforms onto drew stanton and brady quinn. :dolphins: :dolphins:I understand your opinion, but after Marino's senior year at Pitt, a lot of people thought he was unproven too :shakeno:.

Not that all those people were idiots, it's just that this is a very inexact science as we all know, and using any one thing as a litmus test usually fails in the end.

DolfanTom
02-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Stanton wont make it past the 2nd round. If Quinn was gone by #9, then our 2nd pick would have to be for Stanton because he wont be around much longer. Ive been pushing for along time to draft Stanton.I think Stanton is going to catch Philip Rivers disease and go from possible second rounder a few months before the draft to in the top half of the first round. Stanton won't go as high as Rivers did, but after the combine, etc., people will realize what a talent Stanton is, and he'll move up quite a bit!

I don't see how - by April - this guy would make it out of the first half of round one, or round one at the very worst.

Crowder52
02-13-2007, 12:10 PM
I understand your opinion, but after Marino's senior year at Pitt, a lot of people thought he was unproven too :shakeno:.

Not that all those people were idiots, it's just that this is a very inexact science as we all know, and using any one thing as a litmus test usually fails in the end.

My god DolfanTom. That is one of the smartest things I've ever read on these boards. :hi5:

DolfanTom
02-13-2007, 12:14 PM
My god DolfanTom. That is one of the smartest things I've ever read on these boards. :hi5:
My goal is to not be an idiot at least once a month. Consider February covered! :lol: