PDA

View Full Version : Lions | K. Jones outlook for first half of 2007 season not encouraging

FinAtic8480
02-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Lions | K. Jones outlook for first half of 2007 season not encouraging
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:23:47 -0800
Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Detroit Lions (http://www.kffl.com/team/16/nfl) RB Kevin Jones (http://www.kffl.com/player/9017/nfl) (foot) is likely to miss at least half of the 2007 NFL (http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl) regular season while he continues to recover from a foot injury suffered late in the 2006 season.

This will just make the Draft the more interesting..... I say Peterson goes to Detroit...

Jaj
02-12-2007, 09:14 PM
They will just sign someone with decent cap room to take his place.

FinAtic8480
02-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Im just saying they have more glaring holes right now then QB. Kitna played pretty good for them last year. The guy just needs a line something he had none of and had to force alot of throws.....

slyfox13
02-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Lions | K. Jones outlook for first half of 2007 season not encouraging
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:23:47 -0800
Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Detroit Lions (http://www.kffl.com/team/16/nfl) RB Kevin Jones (http://www.kffl.com/player/9017/nfl) (foot) is likely to miss at least half of the 2007 NFL (http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl) regular season while he continues to recover from a foot injury suffered late in the 2006 season.

This will just make the Draft the more interesting..... I say Peterson goes to Detroit...taking peterson would be logical something matt millen is not.:shakeno:

NorFlaFin
02-12-2007, 09:20 PM
That or the Lion will go RB later in the draft.Drafting A.Peterson means K.Jones is done.

TexanPhinatic
02-12-2007, 09:26 PM
The Lions are pretty much gonna take Joe Thomas or Jamaal Anderson with the #2.
They will have a good shot at someone like Michael Bush in the early second. Jones is a good back when healthy and a decent line, something he had neither of which last year, dont see them giving up on him to the point theyd take AP (who also has injury concerns)

Nappy Roots
02-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Jamaal Anderson with the #2.

are you serious?

what the hell makes u think that?

daniel3
02-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Dunno, still think good chance Detroit drafts Calvin Johnson.

Aqua4Ever04
02-12-2007, 09:46 PM
taking peterson would be logical something matt millen is not.:shakeno:

:lol: They'll probably trade their pick this year and next years number 1 to move up to the first spot to take Calvin Johnson.

I'm not sure about drafting Peterson, although it could be a good idea. Peterson and Jones would be a very nice backfield to build an offense around. Throw in Roy Williams and you've got some play makers. Keep in mind how atrocious that Detroit running game was against us when it was Arlen Harris getting the start and bulk of the carries.

playmaker1
02-12-2007, 09:56 PM
I bet its a WR. It is Millen.

I don't see them takeing a QB or RB. But Thomas is a nice fit for them.

The Franchise
02-12-2007, 10:34 PM
My prediction is that Dominic Rhodes is next in line to follow the Indy to Detroit pipeline.

colmax
02-12-2007, 10:58 PM
My prediction is that Dominic Rhodes is next in line to follow the Indy to Detroit pipeline.

Ahman Green is looking for new home. He is still considering staying in Green Bay, but says that he is open to all options. Is Rhodes a FA? He is a very suitable back and would nicely fill in the role in Detroit.

I seriously doubt this injury to Jones will affect the 1st round of the draft in any way.

rob19
02-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Detroit is officialy going to be the worst team in the NFL next year.

maverick50
02-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Ahman Green is looking for new home. He is still considering staying in Green Bay, but says that he is open to all options. Is Rhodes a FA? He is a very suitable back and would nicely fill in the role in Detroit.

I seriously doubt this injury to Jones will affect the 1st round of the draft in any way.

wait a minute did you say Ahman Green is unemployed ? we need to cut morris and minor and get this guy and then we 'd have 3 darn good backs and if ricky screws up we would have insurance.

playmaker1
02-13-2007, 12:00 AM
Detroit is officialy going to be the worst team in the NFL next year.

Yeah, but you could say that every year

colmax
02-13-2007, 12:24 AM
wait a minute did you say Ahman Green is unemployed ? we need to cut morris and minor and get this guy and then we 'd have 3 darn good backs and if ricky screws up we would have insurance.

From the interview I heard on Sirius today, he wants to take the dumps, not be the toilet paper that wipes up afterward. Kind of a crappy analogy, but I think you get my drift. His tone was more of wanting to contribute as a starter.

I do not think Miami has a need for a guy like Green. If Ricky comes back to his form in 2005, Miami will be fine in the RB department. Morris and Minor are nice contributors to the ST force, so I highly doubt they are going anywhere. Green will cost more than his worth to a team like Miami. He is decent, but probably past his prime.....

Crowder52
02-13-2007, 12:46 AM
From the interview I heard on Sirius today, he wants to take the dumps, not be the toilet paper that wipes up afterward. Kind of a crappy analogy, but I think you get my drift. His tone was more of wanting to contribute as a starter.

I do not think Miami has a need for a guy like Green. If Ricky comes back to his form in 2005, Miami will be fine in the RB department. Morris and Minor are nice contributors to the ST force, so I highly doubt they are going anywhere. Green will cost more than his worth to a team like Miami. He is decent, but probably past his prime.....

Was this also a reference to his old backfield partner Najeh Devenport?

Sean
02-13-2007, 08:52 AM
ahman might not go.

Sean
02-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Was this also a reference to his old backfield partner Najeh Devenport?

i guess so

Stitches
02-13-2007, 09:41 AM
The Lions are pretty much gonna take Joe Thomas or Jamaal Anderson with the #2.
They will have a good shot at someone like Michael Bush in the early second. Jones is a good back when healthy and a decent line, something he had neither of which last year, dont see them giving up on him to the point theyd take AP (who also has injury concerns)

That's exactly what I was going to say. That's why the Browns pick in the first round depends on if Thomas is there, or if they take Branch. If they could get Thomas in the 1st, they could get Irons or Bush in the 2nd.

In_Flames
02-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Anyone else think the Lions may go Thomas in the first, Stanton in the 2nd...it is a possible scenario come draft day. I think they will address the RB issue via FA and go RBBC.

Mike13
02-13-2007, 01:31 PM
AP would just pick up where Barry left off.

FINSFAN2781
02-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Dunno, still think good chance Detroit drafts Calvin Johnson.

No way Detroit takes another reciever again. Although in their defense, CJ would be a great pick.

JFoxx
02-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Detroit needs someone to fill in for the first 1/2 of the season (at least) until KJ comes back. I don't think they are going to throw away what they have with KJ and go with Peterson. More likely they'll pick up a seasoned pro to come in and be game-ready the first half and who will be fine with spot duty the rest of the way after that. This just screams talented vet who still has skills but knows they won't last the season. So I don't see Green, Rhodes or one of the guys who is going to be looking for a starting gig to come to Detroit knowing they are probably going to go back to the bench after mid-season. Someone like Jamal Lewis, M.Faulk, or someone like this type to come in knowing they will start first half and be spot duty after that.