PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins "covet" Quinn

endorPHINS72
02-13-2007, 01:13 AM
Very interesting article!

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/02/13/a1c_dolphins_0213.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

Seems the Dolphins aren't scared away by the opinion of some anonymous, cowardly "NFL Scout". Let's hope he falls to us!

Mike13
02-13-2007, 01:15 AM
Sweet.

Just talking to him gives us more insight on Quinn.

endorPHINS72
02-13-2007, 01:18 AM
Sweet.

Just talking to him gives us more insight on Quinn.

I agree. This will give us a lot of insight on what he does well and what he needs to improve.

dominizzo
02-13-2007, 01:42 AM
I dont think QUinn Will last to Number 9

endorPHINS72
02-13-2007, 01:45 AM

It's very possible he might not. Especially with the Vikings announcing they could be interested.

EAZY 0
02-13-2007, 01:45 AM
What I'm referring to is this quote made by an anonymous "NFL Scout" who called Brady Quinn "the biggest fraud in the draft" (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=scoutshaveharshcriticism&prov=tsn&type=lgns). Those are some pretty damning words right there. He wasn't just saying that he didn't like Quinn or that he wasn't sold on him, he trashed Quinn. What I propose is with such a damning statement is this scout come public. Just think what credibility he could gain if Brady Quinn doesn't pan out. He can point back and say, "See? That was me! I told everyone he was a fraud!" He could be the type of scout that directed the Colts away from Ryan Leaf and sold them on Peyton Manning. But instead, this man chooses to hide in the shadows and sling mud. Sounds like a coward to me.

whats your name and address?

unless you plan on sending him some valentine's gift, I suggest keeping away from asking for someone else's personal info, esp on the internet. NOT debatable in this thread.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-13-2007, 01:48 AM
It's very possible he might not. Especially with the Vikings announcing they could be interested.

i thought it was a smokescreen, but now I get the feeling that Childress had no hand in drafting Jackson

Lisle Phin Fan
02-13-2007, 01:50 AM
What I'm referring to is this quote made by an anonymous "NFL Scout" who called Brady Quinn "the biggest fraud in the draft" (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=scoutshaveharshcriticism&prov=tsn&type=lgns). Those are some pretty damning words right there. He wasn't just saying that he didn't like Quinn or that he wasn't sold on him, he trashed Quinn. What I propose is with such a damning statement is this scout come public. Just think what credibility he could gain if Brady Quinn doesn't pan out. He can point back and say, "See? That was me! I told everyone he was a fraud!" He could be the type of scout that directed the Colts away from Ryan Leaf and sold them on Peyton Manning. But instead, this man chooses to hide in the shadows and sling mud. Sounds like a coward to me.

based on this latest news, I bet it was a Dolphin scout

The Big Kyboski
02-13-2007, 02:35 AM
Usually articles posted like this before the draft are more misinformation than anything. Dolphins probably let this info out so that if Quinn does drop to them they can make some trades with other teams looking to trade up to land Quinn.

I don't like how everyone is giving up on Daunte after a bad start with the Dolphins. Let's address other positions with our first round pick and look at QB's in the later rounds.

Regan21286
02-13-2007, 02:50 AM

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/02/13/a1c_dolphins_0213.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

Seems the Dolphins aren't scared away by the opinion of some anonymous, cowardly "NFL Scout". Let's hope he falls to us!

Don't forget, Mueller scouted Quinn last time when the FO thought Brady might declare and forgo his senior year. I'm sure he's very familiar with Brady Quinn also. If this whole Shea business is able to help us get Brady Quinn, then I'm all for it. Besides, Cameron's calling the plays to begin with.

rothshunger
02-13-2007, 02:59 AM
whats your name and address?

unless you plan on sending him some valentine's gift, I suggest keeping away from asking for someone else's personal info, esp on the internet. NOT debatable in this thread.

:shakeno:

MarinoForPres
02-13-2007, 03:09 AM
if he is there he is or qb of the future!

Aqua4Ever04
02-13-2007, 06:24 AM

IMO the Vikings would be absolutely nuts to pass on Quinn. It is quite evident that Brad Johnson isn't the QB they thought he would be, not to mention he's about 374 years old.

34isback
02-13-2007, 07:28 AM
if Phins want Quinn they will have to trade up and give up day 1 picks....not the formula they are trying to be at

NoVaDolfan
02-13-2007, 08:36 AM
yeah, i seriously doubt he drops to us. You never know but I dont want the Fins trading up and giving up other picks to get him.

jason8er
02-13-2007, 09:12 AM
Usually articles posted like this before the draft are more misinformation than anything. Dolphins probably let this info out so that if Quinn does drop to them they can make some trades with other teams looking to trade up to land Quinn.
Bingo. No team is that stupid as to show their hand this early, if at all.

DreamWeaver
02-13-2007, 09:42 AM

Everyone in the top-10 HAS to claim that they have interest in Quinn even if they don't.....otherwise they would weaken their position in trade scenarios.

Stitches
02-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Everyone in the top-10 HAS to claim that they have interest in Quinn even if they don't.....otherwise they would weaken their position in trade scenarios.

Even the Cardinals?? :lol:

Mr772
02-13-2007, 11:08 AM
IMO the Vikings would be absolutely nuts to pass on Quinn. It is quite evident that Brad Johnson isn't the QB they thought he would be, not to mention he's about 374 years old.

I thought T. Jackson looked pretty good as a rookie starter.

BLITZKRIEG
02-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Unless we trade up, don't expect to see Qb B. Quinn wearing a Phinz uniform anytime soon. There's no way he'll fall.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

tay0365
02-13-2007, 11:11 AM

You may be right, but stranger things have happened. Who really thought 2 years ago Aaron Rogers was going to fall so far down to the Pack or last year, that Matt Leinart (The Guy many thought had a good chance of going #1 overall a year before, and top 5 in 06) fell to #10.

I would love us to get Quinn, but if we do not, I really hope we are able to get Stanton....we need to come out of this draft with a young talented QB.

Aqua and Orange
02-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Teams seem to be coming out of the woodwork lately to state how much they need QB help and depth. I was optomistic before, but I now think he will be gone by 9.

Aussiefinfan54
02-13-2007, 11:58 AM
cool quinn to the phins is looking better by the day though i still think that it is a very long shot that we would be able to get him at 9.

DolfanTom
02-13-2007, 12:01 PM
yeah, i seriously doubt he drops to us. You never know but I dont want the Fins trading up and giving up other picks to get him.
I generally agree w/ this concept of not trading up, but for a player like Quinn, I'd be fine w/ giving up our #2 this year to move up. I know it may cost a pick next year as well, but I don't mind.

Of course Quinn could be a bust, but sometimes you have to take chances.

DolfanTom
02-13-2007, 12:03 PM
You may be right, but stranger things have happened. Who really thought 2 years ago Aaron Rogers was going to fall so far down to the Pack or last year, that Matt Leinart (The Guy many thought had a good chance of going #1 overall a year before, and top 5 in 06) fell to #10.

I would love us to get Quinn, but if we do not, I really hope we are able to get Stanton....we need to come out of this draft with a young talented QB.The Leinart example is a great one. He was about as highly regarded as Quinn was a year ago today. And somehow he went #10, even thought that seemed unfathomable not long before the draft.

Stranger things - far stranger - have happened!

JTech194
02-13-2007, 12:09 PM
I personally dont think quinn is that good, Never have. I've seen him play the big games, and in those games he was either mediocre or bad. Never good or great. So I dont know what all the hype is about, and I'm sure the pro scouts noticed this as well. I think he will drop like that guy that went to GB. and also lineart.

Mike13
02-13-2007, 12:24 PM
I personally dont think quinn is that good, Never have. I've seen him play the big games, and in those games he was either mediocre or bad. Never good or great. So I dont know what all the hype is about, and I'm sure the pro scouts noticed this as well. I think he will drop like that guy that went to GB. and also lineart.

Manning couldn't win the big games in college either.

JFoxx
02-13-2007, 03:02 PM
If he falls to us, great. Maybe we'll take him, maybe not. I wouldn't mind getting him at #9, but if he doesn't make it that far, then there is the second round or even next years class looks fairly promising. We also still don't know how the Cpep thing will turn out, so why would we mortgage our first day picks just to move up a few spots to grab a guy who might be a gamble to take. We've all seen enough of these failed "top" QB's to know that's probably not worth the price to move up a few spots. I say come up with alternative scenarios if he's there and if not. Consider a bonus if he is and plan for the alternative that he's gone. We've got a lot of holes to fill with only a limited number of quality picks.

FINSFAN2781
02-13-2007, 03:36 PM

Ive always been the same way. Ive never liked Quinn and always thought he was overrated. However, the upside to him is that he played in a pro style offense. So he has that advantage. The QB i want is Stanton, but i just hope we draft a QB this year. I think this is the year we do it. If we do draft Quinn, i am willing to give him a shot to prove himself. I think with right grooming and teacher, Quinn could be good.

TampaFinsFan01
02-13-2007, 05:29 PM

And then lets hope we don't pick him. Hes got Rick Mirer written all over him. Rookie QBs come into the league and have success quickly now. We can't risk this with him. Hes no Cutler, Leinart, Young, Rivers, or Roethlisberger.

Trade out of the pick and get more picks.

kbeath
02-13-2007, 05:42 PM
why do people think cutler is good hes done shieeettt. I would not trade Cleo lemon for him straight up.

kbeath
02-13-2007, 05:43 PM
And then lets hope we don't pick him. Hes got Rick Mirer written all over him. Rookie QBs come into the league and have success quickly now. We can't risk this with him. Hes no Cutler, Leinart, Young, Rivers, or Roethlisberger.

Come on please Jay looks over rated to me

Mike13
02-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Rookie QBs come into the league and have success quickly now

Thats a load of garbage.

DonShula84
02-13-2007, 06:21 PM
why do people think cutler is good hes done shieeettt. I would not trade Cleo lemon for him straight up.

:lol: smart move.

ChambersWI
02-13-2007, 06:40 PM
The Leinart example is a great one. He was about as highly regarded as Quinn was a year ago today. And somehow he went #10, even thought that seemed unfathomable not long before the draft.

Stranger things - far stranger - have happened!

eh kind of. Neither fell because of critisms though. Leinart fell because the Saints signed Drew Brees, and after NO only two teams before Arizona were really considerin QB; the titans and the raiders(Jets had jst invested a lot in both Pennington and Ramsey.) IMO The Raiders made a huge mistake in passing on Leinart (and I think Huff is going to be a great player).

If Quinn falls to us, it will be similar to why Leinart fell; the teams in front of us aren't in dire need for a QB.

After Oakland the only two teams I see really considering QB are Detroit and Cleveland. Detroit could but has a lot of money invested in both Kitna and McCown for the next 3/4 years, and Cleveland still really likes both Frye and Anderson (plus they really want Peterson).

Minny could look QB, but they have other needs (ie, someone who can sack the QB), same with Houston (RB,S/CB, someone to protect the QB).

I'm not saying we should pick Quinn, but remember: Cameron has know reason to have faith in Culpepper.

endorPHINS72
02-13-2007, 08:09 PM

You couldn't be more wrong with your Rick Mirer comparison. The only comparison you can make between Mirer and Quinn are that they are both very nice young men and both played QB for Notre Dame. That's where the similarities end.

And I have no idea what point you try to make when you say "Rookie QBs come into the league and have success quickly now". Shouldn't that be an argument for drafting a good quarterback?

I'm not going to try to convince you that Brady Quinn is a very talented player, especially when you seem to think that Vince Young and Ben Roethlisberger are ideal quarterbacks.

Jaj
02-13-2007, 08:25 PM
You couldn't be more wrong with your Rick Mirer comparison. The only comparison you can make between Mirer and Quinn are that they are both very nice young men and both played QB for Notre Dame. That's where the similarities end.

And I have no idea what point you try to make when you say "Rookie QBs come into the league and have success quickly now". Shouldn't that be an argument for drafting a good quarterback?

I'm not going to try to convince you that Brady Quinn is a very talented player, especially when you seem to think that Vince Young and Ben Roethlisberger are ideal quarterbacks.

Frankly it's hilarious, because Quinn isn't on those player's level at all. In fact he's never even thrown a TD in the NFL. Why are we talking about him? He's terrible:lol: :rolleyes2

endorPHINS72
02-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Frankly it's hilarious, because Quinn isn't on those player's level at all. In fact he's never even thrown a TD in the NFL. Why are we talking about him? He's terrible:lol: :rolleyes2

LMAO!

You're right! It should be Man Law that rookie QBs coming into the NFL from the college ranks should have thrown for at least one NFL TD pass. :lol:

Tureo
02-13-2007, 11:34 PM

I don't like how everyone is giving up on Daunte after a bad start with the Dolphins. Let's address other positions with our first round pick and look at QB's in the later rounds.
Absolutely agree. Why would we let this info get out this early in the draft process. This isn't Wanny we are talking about here.

PhinPhan in MA
02-14-2007, 01:55 AM
I wrote a short piece over at my blog (http://www.phinaticism.blogspot.com) talking about the Shea/Quinn connection. Picking Quinn at the 9 spot does not mean the team is giving up on Daunte. There's a good probability that if Quinn falls to 9, then he will be the best value pick on the board. If he is, then the team would not be making a mistake drafting him. Just look at what the Chargers did with Philip Rivers. Learning off the bench for several years can be great for young QBs. I am one who thinks that Daunte will be our QB for at least several more years, but the severity of his injury cannot be ignored. Having the opportunity to back him up with someone like Quinn cannot be overlooked. Take a look at my blog and tell me what you think.

Coral Reefer
02-14-2007, 02:27 AM

Don't worry, neither would Denver!

They'd laugh their arse off at you thinking that trade would benefit them though.

finfan54
02-14-2007, 01:15 PM
I think a point elsewhere was made in an article. Cleveland, Tampa, Minny, and others all need QB's. I think if Quinn falls to us (highly unlikely), that we would take him because we did our homework and knew that this would benefit us long term as opposed to any other player at that spot available.