PDA

View Full Version : Who do you hire as head coach

Enforcerfin33
02-13-2007, 02:18 PM
If you were the GM of the Chargers who would you go after, or who do you think will get the position?

In_Flames
02-13-2007, 02:40 PM
I could possibly see Pete Carroll leaving SC for this job, especially with all the Bush/NCAA stuff happening right now. Norv, M.Sherman, & Rivera are other names floating around out there as well...

Vertical Limit
02-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Sadly, I think Dom Capers can definitely be a candidate, though I DO NOT, want Capers to go anywhere. I much rather see Cam walk away than Capers. Yeah, I said it.

dominizzo
02-13-2007, 03:13 PM
I say Turner or Carroll

UCFinfan86
02-13-2007, 03:50 PM
I would say Norv Turner or Mike Martz. I like Martz for the fact that LT has compareable skills to Marshall Faulk and i would love to see some of the plays he could draw up for LT

NJFINSFAN1
02-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Three names have come out already

1. Dan Reeves
2. Jim Fassel
3. Ted Cottrel- Very close with AJ Smith

Caps
02-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Singletary.

Enforcerfin33
02-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Try this one on for size...John Gruden......
or even better Jack Del Rio.....lets face it The Jags isnt really a dream job.

Predaphin
02-13-2007, 09:01 PM
California native Ron Rivera

I actually just found out Ron Rivera resided in Seaside, California at one point and coached Seaside High School, which is about 20 mins away from where I live.

Alex44
02-13-2007, 09:03 PM
I'd hire me to be coach/GM.

In only two days as Tampa Bay GM on FH I have aquired Hines Ward, Matt Hasselbeck, Shaun Alexander, and more. In madden I always pick great plays and crush the other team.

Is there really any question Im the right man for the job?

Enforcerfin33
02-13-2007, 09:13 PM

In only two days as Tampa Bay GM on FH I have aquired Hines Ward, Matt Hasselbeck, Shaun Alexander, and more. In madden I always pick great plays and crush the other team.

:ninja:

playmaker1
02-14-2007, 02:16 AM
Pete Carroll. USC is already the biggest program in Cali as far as football. And I can't hink of a better oppertunity for him to go back to the NFL. I mean didn't he almost bite on the Dolphin offer? You know this looks way better. I mean there have only been a few teams this loaded ever looking for a coach in history. It basically says, come coach us, go to the play offs no matter what your first year here. Hard to pass.

playmaker1
02-14-2007, 02:17 AM

I traded you Hasselbeck and Alexander. So what! Get it outta your system!:lol:

jtown777
02-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Pete Carrol now that recruiting is done for SC. Now Chow can take over the program and PC inherits a, well, damn near an all-star team in his own backyard.

Crypt Keeper
02-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Sadly, I think Dom Capers can definitely be a candidate, though I DO NOT, want Capers to go anywhere. I much rather see Cam walk away than Capers. Yeah, I said it.:lol:

MikeO
02-14-2007, 06:24 PM
2 things I would look for.......

1) Offensive minded. That team is loaded on that side of hte ball and needs someone to focus on that. They are built on offense and have a young QB that needs extra attention.

2) Someone with a laid back personality. They can't get an in-your face type who makes everyone walk on egg shells 24/7. That team is the best team in the league by far!!!!!!! Not even a close 2nd. They just need someone to keep the ship on course and not rock the boat.

WestCKoastiN
02-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Norv

Enforcerfin33
02-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Norv
No way bro, why? You dont want to turn control of your team over to someone who has failed countless times as a head coach. Norv is a GREAT option for Off. Cord. But You have to ethier be willing to take a chance on a new blood, or a proven winner.

MikeO
02-15-2007, 12:50 AM
They should ask to interview BRIAN SCHOTIENMER

LOL

gator_sensation
02-15-2007, 01:11 AM
It should be a guy who is a master with the offense because that is what they excel at. I think a defensive minded coach will set them back a step or two unless they bring in a great OC. LT and Rivers work well together.

DonShula84
02-15-2007, 03:39 AM
I dont see Pete Carroll walking away from USC unless he knows big times sanctions are coming. I dont think any sanctions are coming, and USC is a dream job. He'll win a couple more championships and retire as one of the best, and highest paid, college coaches ever. Or he can go to the NFL, suck again and retire a bum.