phins3454
02-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Brady Quinn please!

23_Phins_84
02-13-2007, 06:57 PM
I cant see him dropping to us

ChambersWI
02-13-2007, 07:00 PM
give Indy Beason, NE Pozlusney, Baltimore Grubbs, and Chicago Blaylock or Staley, and you've got a very good mock.

IE, I don't see Houston taking Quinn so maybe switch him and Brown(based on team needs).

LAMiamifan
02-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Why wouldnt Houston take quinn??? B/c a Sage/Plummer battle for starting qb would turn their team around??? Of course they take Quinn

23_Phins_84
02-13-2007, 07:18 PM
thank you, I was going to post something like that

cigar
02-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Pick one: Oakland: QB JaMarcus Russell
Pick two: Detroit: OT Joe Thomas
Pick three: Tampa Bay: Calvin Johnson
Pick four: Cleveland: HB Adrian Peterson
Pick five: Arizona: DE Gaines Adams
Pick six: Washington: DE Jamaal Anderson
Pick seven: Minnesota: DT Alan Branch
Pick eight: Houston: QB Brady Quinn
Pick nine: Miami: OT Levi Brown
Pick ten: Atlanta: WR Ted Ginn Jr.
Pick eleven: San Francisco: CB Leon Hall
Pick twelve: Buffalo: LB Lawrence Timmons
Pick thirteen: St. Louis: DT Amobi Okoye
Pick fourteen: Carolina: S Reggie Nelson
Pick fifteen: Pittsburgh: S LaRon Landry
Pick sixteen: Green Bay: WR Dwayne Jarrett
Pick seventeen: Jacksonville: CB Darrelle Revis
Pick eighteen: Cincinnati: DE Jarvis Moss
Pick nineteen: Tennessee: DE Adam Carriker
Pick twenty: New York Giants: CB Arron Ross
Pick twentyone: Denver: DE Quentin Moses
Pick twentytwo: Dallas: WR Sidney Rice
Pick twentythree: Kansas City: DT DeMarcus Tyler
Pick twentyfour: New England: WR Dwayne Bowe
Pick twentyfive: New York Jets: HB Marshawn Lynch
Pick twentysix: Philidelphia: LB Patrick Willis
Pick twentyseven: New Orleans: CB Marcus McCauley
Pick twentyeight: New England: LB Paul Posluszny
Pick twentynine: Baltimore: OG Ben Grubbs
Pick thirty: San Diego: WR Robert Meachem
Pick thirtyone: Chicago: OG Justin Blaylock
Pick thirtytwo: Indianapolis: OG Josh Beekman

Why? You want me to take a dump on a piece of paper and call it a draft, I will. But some reasoning behind this stuff would make it much more insightful. Your top ten SEEMS like it makes sense, but you're rationale might be something I totally disagree with.

Jaj
02-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Why would Minnesota take Alan Branch? That's just questionable to say the least. The other choices are on target atleast. If your main goal is to have Miami taking Levi Brown, which would mean it's not really a mock draft have Branch go to Washington and then a DE to Minnesota. Otherwise Branch is sliding to us and IMO is our likely pick right now.

They have possibly the best pair of defensive tackles next to Marcus Stroud and John Henderson.

shanem40
02-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Brady Quinn please!
hes goign to be a bust

Aqua4Ever04
02-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Do you really think that Cleveland, Minnesota and Washington will all pass on Quinn? Maybe, but I don't think so.

Jaj
02-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Are you kidding me, have you not heard of Jason Campbell?

Minny likes Tarvaris Jackson and Cleveland might or might not go for a QB.

VT Dolphan
02-13-2007, 07:41 PM
hes goign to be a bust

your logic has me convinced :rolleyes:

ChambersWI
02-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Why wouldnt Houston take quinn??? B/c a Sage/Plummer battle for starting qb would turn their team around??? Of course they take Quinn

because they have bigger needs at DE,DT,S,CB,RB,WR, and OT. before they need a QB. QB has been the least of Houston's problems.

Look at Houston's D-Line besides Mario Williams...
Travis Johnson,Anthony Weaver,Seth Payne,Anthony Maddox, Jason Babin. Not a lot of skill or pass rush

Look at their secondary...
Dunta Robinson(good player), CC Brown,Glenn Earl, DeMarcus Faggins, James Sanders, among others. Robinson is good, but other than that...

Charles Spencer (who started at LT last year for a couple games) has a broken leg, and could be out a long time, and the rest of the line is not that good either.

We can go to their lesser needs of RB and WR. Dominic Davis is coming off knee injuries, and even when healthy he has nagging injuries. After him depth is shoddy at best. And can you name a WR on Houston's team that contributed after Johnson and Moulds?

They have far bigger needs than QB.

Jaj
02-13-2007, 07:45 PM
QB is a significant need.

Let's see what happens with Plummer though. They might just decide to draft a QB later.

By the way they've invested quite a bit in that defensive line.

The Dolphins have a great shot at both QBs actually.

If they sign a decent left tackle like Petitgout I'd be inclined to take a chance on Jamarcus Russell who has just as good of a chance as Quinn to slide.

Aqua4Ever04
02-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Are you kidding me, have you not heard of Jason Campbell?

Minny likes Tarvaris Jackson and Cleveland might or might not go for a QB.

Do you think Jason Campbell will lead the Redskins to a Super Bowl one day?

Jaj
02-13-2007, 07:49 PM

Would you have predicted that Brad Johnson would have? He played in his second year and was pretty averge yet he's pretty talented. Would you have predicted after Brady's first year backing up Bledsoe that he would win three???

Quinn doesn't mean they're going to a Superbowl....:lol:

Aqua4Ever04
02-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Would you have predicted that Brad Johnson would have? He played in his second year and was pretty averge yet he's pretty talented. Would you have predicted after Brady's first year backing up Bledsoe that he would win three???

Quinn doesn't mean they're going to a Superbowl....:lol:

Well it's not really fair to just compare him to other quarterbacks like that, especially Brady. At this point, Quinn is the supperior of the two and makes a lot more sense.

And if all you're going to do is continue to make counter arguments instead of answering the questions directed at you, then I'm done with this debate. Especially when you throw in one of these. :lol:

Jaj
02-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Well it's not really fair to just compare him to other quarterbacks like that, especially Brady. At this point, Quinn is the supperior of the two and makes a lot more sense.

And if all you're going to do is continue to make counter arguments instead of answering the questions directed at you, then I'm done with this debate. Especially when you throw in one of these. :lol:

Did I hurt your feelings if so I'm sorry:ninja:

How is it not fair to compare him to Brady? Is it because Brady is rare, because last time I checked there are only so many Superbowl winners. Jason Campbell has shown talent, they spent a first round pick on him, he's Gibb's golden boy and that team's biggest need is pass rush BY FAR. Next is a good run defending defensive linemen. Their best bet would be Jamaal Anderson to play left end.

There...

Quinn has proven nothing on the Pro Level and is not necessarily the better QB just yet.

marcodolphin
02-13-2007, 08:06 PM
We Want Quinn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slosh13
02-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Brady Quinn please!
i think i would rather have stanton in the 3rd round, and draft a impact player that will start next year!!!

Delfin 22
02-13-2007, 10:07 PM
hes goign to be a bust

and they say the same to:

tom brady
dan marino

...:shakeno:

Aqua4Ever04
02-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Did I hurt your feelings if so I'm sorry:ninja:

How is it not fair to compare him to Brady? Is it because Brady is rare, because last time I checked there are only so many Superbowl winners. Jason Campbell has shown talent, they spent a first round pick on him, he's Gibb's golden boy and that team's biggest need is pass rush BY FAR. Next is a good run defending defensive linemen. Their best bet would be Jamaal Anderson to play left end.

There...

Quinn has proven nothing on the Pro Level and is not necessarily the better QB just yet.

I just think it's important that you realize how discrediting it can be when you make statements like that and the one that you started off this post with. Welcome to my ignore list.

TampaFinsFan01
02-14-2007, 12:25 AM
Do you really think that Cleveland, Minnesota and Washington will all pass on Quinn? Maybe, but I don't think so.

I think Cleveland passes on him, definitely. They are taking AP. Washington? They aren't taking another non-sure thing QB (and BQ is 50/50, unlike last year when there was a general consensus that that all three QBs would be good).

Minnesota, I don't know. I think its a reach, so I doubt it. But you never know. I just hope we don't do something so foolish.

TampaFinsFan01
02-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Why? You want me to take a dump on a piece of paper and call it a draft, I will. But some reasoning behind this stuff would make it much more insightful. Your top ten SEEMS like it makes sense, but you're rationale might be something I totally disagree with.

I agree with this poster. I would rather see something like scenarios of teams that might be willing to trade with us.

I have a couple...One, Philadelphia.

They have a history of trading up to get targeted players. They have a need at WR, and with Devin Hester having as much success as he had, they could be a team targeting Teddy Ginn Jr.

From their standpoint, if they don't re-sign Stallworth, and it looks like they will not, they lose speed on offense. Another thing, is using Westbrook on kickreturns is dangerous for them. And I think Ginn will give any team he goes to, probably a five to six yard avg better starting field position, and probably a return or two for a score. Turning field position is a huge thing.

The other, Tampa Bay could trade for the pick using their two second round picks and their first rounder next year. Quinn makes all kinds of sense for them, being that he'd be coming in with a good running game and a great WR in Calvin Johnson. They'd be a loaded team offensively. I know they resigned Chris Simms, but that could very easily be a one year deal.

I really want the Fins to trade down, and they need to be selling these teams on whats in it for them to trade up. I think these two teams instantly make themselves better by doing this.

Jaj
02-14-2007, 12:52 AM
I just think it's important that you realize how discrediting it can be when you make statements like that and the one that you started off this post with. Welcome to my ignore list.

Um I just apologized. Maybe you thought I was being sarcastic but I even added the little ninja thing to try to show I'm not seriously trying to be antagonistic.

Sean
02-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Pick one: Oakland: QB JaMarcus Russell
Pick two: Detroit: OT Joe Thomas
Pick three: Tampa Bay: Calvin Johnson
Pick four: Cleveland: HB Adrian Peterson
Pick five: Arizona: DE Gaines Adams
Pick six: Washington: DE Jamaal Anderson
Pick seven: Minnesota: DT Alan Branch
Pick eight: Houston: QB Brady Quinn
Pick nine: Miami: OT Levi Brown
Pick ten: Atlanta: WR Ted Ginn Jr.
Pick eleven: San Francisco: CB Leon Hall
Pick twelve: Buffalo: LB Lawrence Timmons
Pick thirteen: St. Louis: DT Amobi Okoye
Pick fourteen: Carolina: S Reggie Nelson
Pick fifteen: Pittsburgh: S LaRon Landry
Pick sixteen: Green Bay: WR Dwayne Jarrett
Pick seventeen: Jacksonville: CB Darrelle Revis
Pick eighteen: Cincinnati: DE Jarvis Moss
Pick nineteen: Tennessee: DE Adam Carriker
Pick twenty: New York Giants: CB Arron Ross
Pick twentyone: Denver: DE Quentin Moses
Pick twentytwo: Dallas: WR Sidney Rice
Pick twentythree: Kansas City: DT DeMarcus Tyler
Pick twentyfour: New England: WR Dwayne Bowe
Pick twentyfive: New York Jets: HB Marshawn Lynch
Pick twentysix: Philidelphia: LB Patrick Willis
Pick twentyseven: New Orleans: CB Marcus McCauley
Pick twentyeight: New England: LB Paul Posluszny
Pick twentynine: Baltimore: OG Ben Grubbs
Pick thirty: San Diego: WR Robert Meachem
Pick thirtyone: Chicago: OG Justin Blaylock
Pick thirtytwo: Indianapolis: OG Josh Beekman

Marshawn Lynch will go to the Packers.... no way he drops that far to the Jets

Sean
02-14-2007, 11:31 AM
I agree with this poster. I would rather see something like scenarios of teams that might be willing to trade with us.

They have a history of trading up to get targeted players. They have a need at WR, and with Devin Hester having as much success as he had, they could be a team targeting Teddy Ginn Jr.

From their standpoint, if they don't re-sign Stallworth, and it looks like they will not, they lose speed on offense. Another thing, is using Westbrook on kickreturns is dangerous for them. And I think Ginn will give any team he goes to, probably a five to six yard avg better starting field position, and probably a return or two for a score. Turning field position is a huge thing.

The other, Tampa Bay could trade for the pick using their two second round picks and their first rounder next year. Quinn makes all kinds of sense for them, being that he'd be coming in with a good running game and a great WR in Calvin Johnson. They'd be a loaded team offensively. I know they resigned Chris Simms, but that could very easily be a one year deal.

I really want the Fins to trade down, and they need to be selling these teams on whats in it for them to trade up. I think these two teams instantly make themselves better by doing this.
yep i agree with you to

Sean
02-14-2007, 11:32 AM
:shakeno:
and they say the same to:

tom brady
dan marino

some people......:shakeno:

ChambersWI
02-14-2007, 11:41 AM

I want us to trade down as much as anybody, but I'd rather not trade out of the first round.

I've actually heard Denver is interested in trading up into the top 10 to get either Levi Brown,Alan Branch, Jamaal Anderson, or Gaines Adams. They want Brown because Foster has been a major disappointment for them at RT, an Matt Lepsis is getting older at LT and is coming off a leg injury. The 3 D-Linemen they want to look at because of lack of production. Gerrard Warren has been great for Denver, and Elvis Dumerville was a good pass rusher coming off the bench (but he's 5'10 so he's not going to be a every down player), but everybody else, while solid, do not get pressure on the QB, nor do they stuff the run.

Who knows, they also might want look at Landry or Nelson seeing as how Lynch is on the wrong side of 30.

CANDolphan
02-14-2007, 11:48 AM

He had a single season of starting and he looked damn good. Jason Campbell is a strong point on that team.

Where in the world do you get off saying anything else?

tay0365
02-14-2007, 03:13 PM

Five years ago did you think a QB by the name of Tom Brady would lead the Patriots to 3 superbowls?

Not implying Campbell is even close to the QB Brady is, but Jason Could end up a very solid to very good QB.

When he was drafted, Jason was better thought of then Tom, so you never know.

vmarcilfan75
02-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Marshawn Lynch will go to the Packers.... no way he drops that far to the Jets

:yeahthat:

i dont see them passing on Lynch especially for Jarrett. When they have Driver/Ferguson.